Chapter 7

Dear Diary

 

Jessica’s POV

When I arrived home this evening, I found nobody in the house.

I tried to call Krystal but she didn’t pick it up.

15 minutes later, I saw Victoria’s car in front of our house with Sulli and Luna inside it while Krystal just got out from the car.

Krystal entered the house after waving at her friend.

“Where did you go” I asked her.

“I went to the Lotte World to hang out with my friend, unnie. It was fun.” She replied.

“It was exhausting. I shall get rest now and sleep. Goodnight, Jess” she said while walking upstairs.

I’m glad seeing my little sister started to hang out with her friends again.

Krystal’s POV

I felt very tired and just went to sleep after taking a shower.

The next morning

My eyes still feeling heavy and I reached the alarm and it showed 1 pm.

Oh God! It’s afternoon already.

I rushed to the bathroom and went downstairs quickly.

Jessica was lying on the couch watching television lazily.

I had my breakfast prepared by her then I took Amber’s diary with me.

“Move your leg, please” I told her.

“Ouhh, the icy princess is back” she replied and moved her leg.

I opened the diary and read it.

4/3/2012

I was very happy today since I learned skating at the Lottle World.

Soojung taught me and because I was afraid at first, I held her hand.

It felt so warm while holding her hand.

Once, I managed to skate freely I tried to show off in front of her but unconditionally fall on my .

She came to help me but she sprained her ankle instead because of my stupid action.

The first time when she falls on me, her face was close to mine.

Umma, Soojung is really a pretty girl.

I don’t know why I’m pissed off when there is a guy tried to help she.

Maybe because she is my best friend that’s way I wanted to protect her.

Then I treated her swollen ankle and piggyback her to my car and send her home.

Basketball tournament is just around the corner, I had to spend more time practicing.

I guessed I’m going to spend less time with Soojung.

Thinking of it made me upset.

I closed the diary and saw Jessica was staring at me.

“I always saw you reading the diaries lately. They are belonging to Amber, right?” she asked

“Yes. Unnie, you know that by only reading his diaries made I felt his presence around” I told her and hug the diary.

“You really love that Llama” She patted my head.

I just smiled at her.

“Unnie, let’s have a walk at the basketball court” I pulled her up from the couch.

At the basketball court

When we reached at the basketball court, we saw many people were watching the game.

Ohhh, basketball season already started.

“Krystal, there are vacant seats over there. Let’s sit.” Jessica dragged me.

People were cheering loudly when the home team managed to shoot.

I, I only cheered for Amber.

Jessica-unnie was having fun watching the game while I started to dig into the past.

*FLASHBACKS*

Krystal’s POV

“Krystalllllllllllllllllllll…..” I heard my name echoed along the hallway and found Amber behind me who was short of breathe.

“Yahhh, where did you go? I’ve been searching you for the whole day.” He asked me while still trying to catch his breath.

“It’s all you fault. You ignored me lately and you’re no longer present during lunch. Your basketball stuffs are much more important than me” I replied.

He just smile at me and held a basketball competition’s tickets.

“There are few tickets for my match. For you, Soojung. Bring along our friends. I need you guys especially you” he told me.

My face just turned red.

Amber, you made me blushed.

I grabbed the tickets and said “if I’m not busy, I’ll go”

“Pleaseeeee come to the match” he was begging.

“Say it first” I smirked and saw his eyebrow frowned.

“Please, babyyy. Come and see me at the match” he pouted.

“Sure” and he hugged me.

“Thanks, Jung” he patted my head.

The Basketball Match

Amber’s POV

I’ve always loved playing basketball since I was little.

It’s my favourite sport and hobby.

 I always find myself relaxed and chill when I play.

 It lets me get away from everything else in life and just focus on the game itself. 

As the game was about to start, my eyes were wild in searching of Krystal.

I saw her was waving at me and tried to show her support by leading my team supporters cheered my name.

Soon the game started.

The ball was tossed into the air and I watched as Onew (our leader) and Sungmin jumped for it.

The opposing have a strong defence since their defenders have muscular bodies.

The squeaking of sneakers could be heard as the ball was passed and dribbled around the court.

Both teams started off really strong, neither side letting the other get the chance to easily score some points.

Since I was good at three-pointers, my teammates would usually pass the ball to me to shoot from a far.

15 minutes left before the game end, and the opposite team lead the game.

Once I got the ball, I drive with speeds toward the hoop but when I was about to jump, one of the defenders bumped into me.

He must be crazy. Is this American football or even rugby?

I fall backward and my elbow gets some scratches.

Looking at the time. 5 minutes left.

“Amberrrrrrrrrr babyyyyyy, you can do it” I heard Krystal cheered causing the crowd spontaneously cheered for me too.

I saw my couch was smirking at me.

Aishhhh, Soojung. Babyyyyy again?

However when I heard the scream it did make my spirits higher.

Later, I gather my strength and after some intense struggles between both teams I managed to shoot the winning point.

“We won!!” Jonghyun cheered as he came over to hug me. “You’re the best baby dino!! You never fail us!!”

Everyone else then joined in on the group hug.

A moment later, I walked over to my stuff and pulled out my water bottle.

“Amberrrr, you’re awesome” I heard familiar voice screaming and turned my head to my right.

My eyes grew larger when I saw Krystal running towards me and hug me.

She made the water in my mouth burst out.

“Omooo, Amber. Are you okay?” she asked.

She picked up my towel and wipes my sweats on my face.

“You must be really tired since you sweat a lot…..”

You’re so caring, Soojung.l

“and you smelled very bad.Euuwwww” she threw the towel on my face and said “smell it”.

I caught her in my arms and spun her around when she tried to run away.

People are watching us messing around but I don’t care.

She was begging me to stop.

Our friends approached us and they said that they’re going to celebrate the winning.

I put my right arm around Soojung’s shoulder and make our way to leave the court

Since it was my last basketball match for the school, I decided to treat my friends.

*END OF THE FLASHBACKS*

Krystal’s POV

“Krysss, Krystal!!!” Jessica screamed at my ear.

“Whatttttttttt??” I asked her and looked around. “Where’s everyone?”

“The game already ended for half an hour ago. I had talked with my old friend just now” she told me.

“Let’s go home now” she continued.

“Who won the game?” I asked her while walking.

“The home team. You didn’t watch the game at all, aren’t you?”

“It was a boring basketball match” I replied.

For me, only Amber’s matches are fun to watch.

It’s not about the competition actually.

I’ve always put my full attention during his matches.

His skill full movement made me eager to watch him.

I knew that I will never be able to see him on the court anymore.

Only the memories left.