Chapter 1

Dear Diary

 

Author’s POV

Krystal wake up early in the morning and her eyes were sore because she cried while sleeping last night.

It has been few weeks since Amber’s death but she still can’t overcome it.

She missed him very very much.

However it was different today as she felt Amber is still with her when she was reading the diary last night.

After taking bath, she went downstairs and had a breakfast with her family.

Mr and Mrs. Jung were surprised with Krystal’s attitude as before this she kept skipping her meal and kept herself in the room.

‘Are you going to class today?’ asked Mr.Jung

She shook her head.

‘I’m going to take a walk for a while’ with that she got up from her sit and went outside.

‘Soojunggg…’ Mrs.Jung called.

‘What are we going to do with our little daughter’ Mrs.Jung stared at her husband.

‘If Amber is here she would never be like this. If we knew our daughter love Amber, I won’t ask her to be with Minho. That’s all because of my stupid business. I’m so selfish toward my own daughter. What type of father am I? Careless, never understand our children’s feelings. Krystal must be really hurt since she was not by Amber’s side during his last breath.’ Mr.Jung sighed.

‘Honey, it’s not fully your fault. Krystal never told us she already like someone. Maybe, she never confessed to Amber before and she agreed with you because our little daughter is filial one. Then from now on we should stop control them. Krystal will cure soon.  Just now, she already ate breakfast with us. Trust me, okay?’ Mrs.Jung squeezed her husband’s hand.

Mr.Jung nodded and smiled at her wife.

At the park

Krystal’s POV

I brought along Amber’s diary with me when I went out.

As I strolled around our housing area, I found ‘our’ spot which we use to spend time together.

I sat under the tree and continue with reading….

18/2/2006

Today, we moved to a new house and Dad told me that he was going to transfer his company to Korea and only open a branch in LA.

I still miss you, Umma.

I refused to go to school since there was no one will prepare my breakfast like you did.

No one will help me to tie my necktie.

There just no one like you in my life.

It has been a week I didn’t went to school but Dad had reminded me that by hook or by crook he will make sure I go to the school next week.

I threw a tantrum this morning but he advised me by telling ‘Umma will never be happy seeing her son skipping school. She wants you to intelligent son. I promised you will like your new school. You are going to learn all those Korean Culture like your Umma taught you.’

Because of you I’m going to school and never skipped school after this as I know you hate it. Me too.

I will prove to you that I’m an obedient son.

I want to make you happy by doing these.

Love you, Umma.

I closed the diary and reminiscent the moment the first time I met Amber.

During our junior high school, he was so quiet. He sat beside me in the class. Never talk to me.

What a lonely boy. He always spent his recess alone.

I still remembered how cold he treated me whenever I approached him.

Sometimes, I found him crying under the tree while he put his face between his knees and tried to muffle his sob.

However, I just watched him from far because I’m scared that he will be mad at me.

But one day I braved enough myself to talk to him and finally he talk to me back as I offered him my lunch.

He smiled while eating my kimbap.

I miss your smile, Amber Joseph Liu.

26/2/2006

I was very happy today Umma as I found a new true friend.

Her name is Jung Soo Jung. She’s my desk mates.

Even though I always acted cold toward her but she keep approaching me.

I never talk to her but today I responded to her when she offered her lunch to me.

It’s my favorite dished that you always prepared for me.

That kimba, she made by her own and it taste like yours.

She was really happy seeing me eating her kimbap hungrily.

I think I will open myself to others especially Soojung since she’s the one who never gave up on approaching me.

As for today, I’m very happy,happy that I met a friend like Soojung who make me smile using her kimbap.

I never thought that you like my kimbap that much Amber.

I continued reading the diary until I read this

13/7/2006

Nowadays, my relationships with Soojung are getting closer.

We usually spent our time together at our house or hers.

Finishing the homework. Playing around.

Lately, I found Dad was smiling seeing me laughing all the time.

Thanks to Soojung.

She is a nice girl, Umma. Sometimes she brought extra breakfast for me.

She feed me if I refused to eat and somehow it make me blushed.

I did befriend with other guys but I’m closer to Soojung.

She also had girl friends who keep fan girl-ing me and they are always together but she never forget about me.

Let’s say we completed each other.

She’s my best friend. Whenever I got a problem, first person I will find is her.

Umma, I’m very glad that I met her and make friend with her.

I really want to thank her for not giving up before.

I love you Mom, Dad and also Soojung.

You guys are the most important person in my life.

I closed the diary and leaned my head onto the tree.

‘I am a very important person to you, huh’ I smiled while closing my eyes.

What do you mean by love Amber?

Friend-friend love or more than that?

Because since the first time we met, I think I already love you more than a friend.

Even we were only teenagers during that time but you don’t know how my heart beat so fast whenever I saw,talk and play with you.

I got up and take a leave.

When I arrived at my home, I saw Mum and Dad were waiting for me.

‘Soojung’ Mum called me and I went to them.

‘About your class and your university, don’t you think that you shoulddd…’ Mr Jung explained and was cut by Krystal.

‘I’m going to class start tomorrow’ I cut my dad’s words.

‘Really, that’s good’ my Mum told me.

‘Amber doesn’t love people who love to skip their class. I want Amber to love me even he’s not here anymore’ with that I went straight to my room.

I crawled on the bed and hug his diary.

Meanwhile downstairs.

Author’s POV

Mr Jung: You heard that honey. She’s going to school after this.

Mrs Jung: I don’t know how Amber affects her life so much but I’m glad after all. She’s getting better now.

Mr Jung: That boy really a something. He left a good effect in Soojung’s life.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phewwww. 1st chapter done.

Show me your support to know that there are people who read my fanfics.