Chapter 10

Dear Diary

 

Krystal’s POV

“Krys.. Krystal” someone was patting my shoulders.

 

I opened my eyes and saw Jessica-unnie behind me.

 

“It’s already late. Come, let’s go home” she held her hands towards me.

 

I grabbed her hand and she pulled me up.

 

“What are you doing just now? I kept calling your name from far but you didn’t react.” She asked me.

 

“I’ve been thinking for a while. Unnie, do you know why I decided to date Minho back then.” I asked her back.

 

“You told me that you pity me since I already have someone I loved” she replied.

 

“Well, the main reason is I don’t want my friendship with Amber ruined. I confessed to him and told him if he’s want to give both of us a chance he will meet by the lake. However, he never showed up on that day. I didn’t see him at school for the whole week. I tried to call and text him but no response. I thought he was avoiding me, Unnie.” I told her while walking.

 

“You never asked him why he didn’t come to school or replied your text?” Jessica asked me.

 

I shook my head.

 

“Keep reading Amber’s diary. Maybe you will discover something.” she opened the door and let me in first.

 

When I went upstairs, I couldn’t help but lay myself on the bed. After taking the bath, I suddenly fall asleep.

 

*FLASHBACKS*

 

Mr.Liu’s POV

I was having my breakfast alone at the dining room. Later, I saw Amber rushing walking down the stairs.

 

“Amber, be careful. Don’t run on the stairs. It’s dangerous.” I told him when he reaches his hand to pull the chair.

 

“Sorry, Appa. I’m in hurry” he replied.

 

Why did he dress smartly today?

 

“My son, why you looked so handsome today? Having a date with someone? Am I right” I was teasing Amber. Suddenly, the milk in his mouth burst out.

 

“How did you know, Appa?” he shyly asked.

 

“Amber, you’re my only son. I must understand you. Who is the special girl?” I smiled.

 

“It’s Soojung. She told me she likes me and I want to try to love her too.” He replied.

 

“Soojung? I’m very happy. She’s a nice girl and you knew how much I liked her for you” I raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“I knew it, Appa. That’s why I want to give both of us chance” he told me.

 

“I better get going now. I don’t Krystal to wait for me” he continued.

 

“Have a nice date” I patted his head.

 

Amber’s POV

My Dad patted my head. I know he’ll always support me to have a special relationship especially with Krystal. Then, I check my things before going out. Wallet- checked. Flower for Krystal- checked. Phone- Oh my. I left it in my bedroom. So, I went upstairs to grab it. I saw 1 message from Krystal saying ‘I’ll be waiting for you until you showed up here’.

 

Soojung, you don’t have to wait for me because I’m coming.

 

I was going to reply her message suddenly a headache attacked me. I dropped my phone on the stairs [ A/N: logically it will destroyed right?] and myself fall rolling down on the stairs. I did hear my Dad screamed. The surrounding turned black and that’s all I remembered.

 

At the Hospital

Mr.Liu’s POV

I brought Amber to the hospital. Headache? I wished he will not inherited her mother’s disease. Before this, Amber never showed brain tumour’s symptoms. I kept praying while the doctor examined him. They even put on breathing mask on Amber. I hope nothing bad happened to him. He’s only my son. When I saw the doctor came out from the room, I immediately approached him.

 

“How’s my son?” I asked him.

 

“He’s still unconscious. Mr.Liu, let’s talk in my room.” He replied and led me to his personal room.

 

Doctor’s room

”Mr.Liu, I’m really sorry. From the scanning we did just now. We found out that Amber had brain tumour” he told me after showing the Amber’s brain x-ray.

 

For a second, my heart stops beating. My son. My precious prince. Is this karma or what? First, my wife and now, our son.

 

“He’s just like his Mum” I sighed. “Is it critical or still at an early stage?” I asked the Doctor.

 

“Neither critical nor early stage, he’s in middle stage. If you want your son to survive he need to undergo the therapy and several surgery.” He replied.

 

“I’ll do anything as long as my son will be surviving” I told him.

 

“However, it cost lot money. He needs to start immediate treatment from now. I suggested he stayed at the hospital for a week since we have to monitor his condition and we’ll decide the next treatment afterwards” the doctor explained.

 

“Money is not a problem to me. I trusted you, Doc. You just tell me what ever I need to do to keep my son alive. I’m going to handle his registration first.” I said to him and left.

 

Poor, Amber. Should I tell him about this when he wakes up? I think he deserved to know about his own condition.

 

I made my way to his room after done with the registration thingy. He was sleeping peaceful and smiling. Without my knowledge, my tear rolled down my cheek. Even I as his Dad didn’t strong to face this, how about himself?

 

“Appa promised to everything as long as you survived and happy, my son.” I held his hands and accompanied him for the whole day. I went home and asked the maids to pack Amber’s cloth. I gave the maid holidays since both of us will not be around. Amber didn’t wake up until the next evening.

 

Amber’s POV

I wake up and found myself in a bed with breathing mask on me. My Dad was sleeping while holding my hand and the headache is still attacking me.

 

Sooojung,I need to see her now. She might think I didn’t want to be with her.

 

I got up from the bed and changed my clothes into my casual attire as I found my backpack on the couch. My Dad called when I grab the knob of the door.

 

“Where are you going, Amber?” he asked.

 

“I need to see Soojung now. It’s an emergency, Appa” I replied as I face him.

 

“Amber, listened. There’re something you should know about your health condition.” He told me.

 

“What’s wrong with me? I’m just fine. Yesterday was just a normal headache that I always been through” I exclaimed.

 

“It’s not normal, Amber. Youu..yoouu had brain tumour” my Dad stuttered while came closer to me and hug me. I was speechless.

 

“But don’t worry. I’ll make sure you survived. The doctor encouraged you to undergo all therapy and surgery. I don’t want the same thing happened to you. I really don’t want to lose another person who I love” he continued. I tried to be strong.

 

“ Appa, I’m going to survive for you, Umma and Soojung.” I hug him back.

 

”All you need is to stay here for a week as the doctors need to monitor your condition. You can’t go out of the hospital. I’m sorry, Amber but Appa need to go to Australia tonight. I’m meeting my friend who is a neurone surgeon.” He told me.

 

“I’ll be fine. Appa, don’t tell my friend that I’m here and never ever tell anyone about my sickness especially Soojung. Please” I was begging. He nodded.

 

“Inside your back pack, there’re your personal thing including your diary. I better get going now because I don’t want to miss my plane. The maid will come here every day to check after you.” he hugged me and rubbed my back. He whispered “Everything is going to be okay” and left. I was searching for my phone in my bag but the maid told me it was broken since I dropped it.

*END OF THE FLASHBACKS*