Just Us Two

Losing and Gaining

 

Your POV:
 
 
"Are you hungry? I can make you some milk and cookies... Wait you might want something warm after all of that rain! How about some soup?"
 
I had situated myself on one of the couches in the living after that embarrassing incident. I really shouldn't have been so loud about "knowing" his name. He probably thinks I'm a moron now.
 
Now, my sister-in-law was frantically running about the kitchen trying to find something decent to eat for Yixing, aka Lay.
 
Wasn't she supposed to be with her dad right now? That's the whole reason why I'm here!
 
Yixing looked a little more than uncomfortable, so I took that as my chance to be his knight in shining armor. 
 
"Umm, Ji Won? Isn't your dad waiting for you in the hospital?" 
 
An impish grin laid on her pale face,"He can wait."
 
For some reason, Yixing looked disgusted.  
 
"You shouldn't make your sick father wait! Please, I don't mind if you leave."
 
Ji Won and I stole quick glances at each other and soon burst into little fits of laughter. 
 
This seemed to enrage Yixing even further. 
 
"I'd hate to be rude, but how could you both laugh so jovially when a man is lying in the hospital sick?" 
 
By this time, we were both choking for air. Neither of us were making even the slightest attempt to reply to the now confused Yixing. 
 
Luckily for him, Ji Won recovered quickly and said,"My dad's not sick. He's a surgeon at the hospital, and I made plans with him to have dinner together." 
 
Yixing's face turned a slight shade of pink, and that made me feel a bit better for my previous fumble with his name. 
 
He opened his mouth, and I guessed that it was to apologize for his wrong prediction, but I never got to see if I was correct because Ji Won said something instead.
 
"You're right though. I should probably get going. I don't want to keep my dad waiting. ______ will show you to the guest room and give you some of my husband's pajamas to wear tonight."
 
Well, that's Ji Won for you. One minute she's fangirling over an idol, and the next she's back to her matured housewife self. 
 
We watched her slip on her suede boots and bid her goodbye.
 
Good thing Tae Hyun's here or else it'd be pretty awkward between the two of us. 
 
I confidently marched up the stairs to little Hyunnie's room with Yixing awkwardly trailing behind.
 
I pulled open the toddler's door with my heart and arms ready for the child to run into them. However, all I got was only a visible mop of curly hair splayed all over a red pillow. 
 
The youngster was cutely snoring, so I didn't have the heart to even be annoyed at the fact that I was now left alone with the man standing behind me. 

 

I took a deep breath, and decided that I should probably try to at least make this situation less awkward.
 
Come on, ______! It's only awkward if you make it awkward!
 
"Umm... Would you like me to show you to the guest room?" 
 
He eagerly nodded. It was actually really cute. He could even give Tae Hyun a run for his money. 
 
I gestured for him to follow me, and we both turned left to a fairly large room. 
 
Honestly, this was my least favorite room in this whole house. It was dark, cold, and had an awfully eerie aura. I feel really bad that he has to stay there the whole night.
 
"I should probably warn you first that this room is really creepy."
 
My warning didn't seem to throw him off at the least, so I just shrugged and opened the door. A gush of trapped cool air hit both of our faces. It's only weird because the whole house was set for the heater to ventilate throughout every room. 
 
His eyes widened to that of saucers, and then his hands start to frantically search for something.
 
"What are you doing?" 
 
"I'm trying to find the light switch to turn on the light."
 
I snorted,"The lights are already on."
 
He looked almost as if he was going to faint.
 
 
 
 
A/N: Hello, everyone~!^^ I wasn't really planning on updating today since its Christmas, but I didn't do much.... So here's another chapter!(: I hope you all like it, and I'll update soon~ 
 
Now, I'd like to introduce to you all another actor that I find really cute, Lee Joon Hyuk!❤