Another Day With You

Losing and Gaining

Lay's POV:

 

*ring ring*
 
The three of us were all enjoying the breakfast that I "made" when ______'s phone went off. Despite the shrill ringing of her phone, ______ did not even seem to acknowledge that she was receiving a call. She just continued to ravish her omelette and basically everything else on the dining table. She sure has a hearty appetite.
 
"Ummm... Are you going to get that?"
 
She looked up whilst chewing and quickly swallowed before replying,"Hmm? Get what?"
 
I held back laughter that was ready to spill out to reply straight-faced,"Your phone."
 
She finally became aware of her surroundings and rummaged through her pocket for her phone and placed it near her left ear.
 
"Hello?"
 
A silent pause ensued indicating that the other person on the line was talking. 
 
"Oh my gosh! Yeah sure, I'll take care of him. I hope he gets better. Bye!"
 
______ hung up and took a deep breath before looking up at me. 
 
"Well, my sister-in-law's dad is sick right now, so she can't come home. I'm going to have to take care of my nephew for a while longer."
 
I opened my mouth to reply, but ______'s phone rang yet again. What a popular person.
 
"Hello?"
 
Yet another pause.
 
"Yes, he's here right now. Would you like to speak with him?"
 
Is she referring to me or her nephew?
 
"Oh, alright. I'll tell him. You're welcome! He's really no problem! Bye."
 
Once again, she looked up at me again. 
 
"That was your manager. He told me he finally checked his phone and received the voicemails you left for him with my phone."
 
My heart raced with anticipation. Will I finally be able return home?
 
I recollected my senses and calmly asked,"Did he say anything else?"
 
She smiled,"He said that you'll have to wait another day for him to get you. Looks like I'll have to look after you for another day!"
 
Although her face was clearly smiling, I wondered what her real feelings regarding this matter were. 
 
"I hope I'm not being a bother to you. I really appreciate your hospitality." 
 
She narrowed her eyes and clucked her tongue at me.
 
"Don't say that! I don't see any problem with you staying here."
 
I smiled in response. She's really too nice. 
 
She took the last few bites of the food on her plate and drank the remaining drops of her orange juice. 
 
She got up and skipped away hurriedly,"Hurry up and eat, Xingie~! Let's go hang out!"
 
I choked on my piece of toast when I heard her nickname for me. This girl, we just met and she's already giving pet names for me?
 
Whatever, I'll let her call me that since she's so nice.
 
I ate slowly, enjoying the wonderful tastes my breakfast had to offer. That place really serves great food; I'll order food for my members from there someday for sure. 
 
"Wow, you're still not done?"
 
I looked up to find ______ dressed in a completely different outfit from what she wore earlier. 
 
"Nope."
 
"Well, hurry! Let's all go outside and do something. I can't have the three of us all cooped up inside all day." 
 
She dragged me by the hand out of my seat while handing Tae Hyun his fleece jacket. 
 
With that, we bounded out of the house and steeped into the brisk afternoon.

 

 

A/N: Howdy y'all!^^ I know that this was a really crappy chapter, but I'm seriously tired. This chapter was originally planned to be longer and include their afternoon together, but I got lazy :P  Oh well! It'll be in the next chapter, so look out for that! ... Does anybody like VIXX out there? They're becoming one of my favorite groups out there. ❤KEN❤