Dorm Life

Losing and Gaining

Lay's POV:

My mind and heart have been in an intense internal battle recently. My heart, as romantic as ever, longed for the day in which I could see _______ again. My mind, however, was far more logical and took in the pain my lower back had to withstand as a reason to avoid the tattoo parlor at all costs.

Guess which side I sided with.

Well, I'm sitting at home watching Kyungsoo and Chanyeol try to debone a chicken, and a unicorn is still imprinted onto my body, so that should speak volumes as to how the removal of my tattoo has progressed.

"Yah, Zhang Yixing. What are you going to do? How is an idol going to hide his body for the rest of his life like that? Fans will discover your tattoo if you don't remove it quickly."

I turned my head to see my manager shake off the rain on his umbrella as he stepped through our dorm entrance door.

My mind scrambled to come up with a reasonable answer that would quell his annoyance, but I was saved by a loud shriek from behind me.

Tao leapt to his feet with balled fists, "HYUNG!! You're going to get rainwater all over my new Giuseppe Zanotti shoes!"

My tattoo concern was soon forgotten as our manager ran swiftly away from an angry and sullen Tao.

"Everyone, come help set the table," Chanyeol shouted in his booming voice.

He was met with silence. Even I, who usually has the decency to respond and help with the house chores, pretended as if I was asleep.

The familiar velvety voice that Kyungsoo often used to get his way soon followed, "FOOD IS READY!"

Like that, pairs of rabid feet dashed towards the dining table and we all placed ourselves in our respective seats. Our faces beamed with the look of starved children finally getting a loaf of bread after days of not eating. In actuality, the last time we had all eaten was about half an hour ago.  

Eating and playfully chatting with my fellow members, I felt peace at heart.

"So when are you going to get Pegasus off, man?"

I turned my head to the right to see the snarky face of Sehun munching on some snap peas and smirking slightly at me.

I took in a deep breath, "For your information, Oh Sehun, this is a unicorn. I'm starting to think we should all individually tattoo our symbols onto our lower backs as a testament to our dedication to Exo."

Expecting praise for my loyalty to the group's superpower concept, I smirked triumphantly. I should've remembered that my fellow members did not share the same mature mindset as me.

The dining table shook with laughter and Jongin had to spit out the noodles in his mouth to prevent from choking.

Minseok placed his clammy hands on my forearm and continued to giggle before proclaiming, "Don't try to bring us into your shenanigans, man! Just get that thing removed! I'm sure it doesn't hurt that much."

Further teasing ensued from the members (especially Luhan), and I just quietly finished my rice and chicken whilst thinking with a furrowed brow.

I guess it is time to get this thing removed. On the plus side, I'll get to see ________.

 

A/N: Long time no see! I am extremely sorry for those that waited for an update. This was such a long hiatus, and I feel so bad for abandoning it for so long. For those waiting for the other stories to be updated, I'm sure they will be updated sometime in the future as well (: Thank you! <3