Just Let Me Explain

Life Isn't That Easy

"Annyeong, Misoon Noona," SungJae says as his mouth is still open and he waves foolishly.

"Wait, hold on. So, I work with all of you guys. And there are no girls that work here?" I ask feeling enraged. 

"Yeah, isn't this going to be great!" SungJae jumps and grabs Peniel's arm. 

"Does my mother know that I'm working with all guys?" I ask while pointing at them. They all  nod and looked at me confusingly. "Why are you guys looking at me like you guys are confused?"

"Well, I thought she'd tell you by now," Eunkwang says. 

"Tell me what?" I ask.

"Uhh...maybe you should ask your mother," Eunkwang suggests as he starts walking away from me slowly.

"What's going on?" I walk closer and closer to Eunkwang. 

"Uhm, well.." EunKwang hesitates. I could feel my eyes coming out. Too much was happening today for me to take in. My brain could not hold this much odd moments all at once. 

"Okay, well I'm going to go home and ask my mother what's going on. Don't be surprised if I come here tomorrow pissed off," I warned. I walk out of the cafe thinking to myself. Did I just make eye contact with him? Did I just scare them off? Did I just scare my BOSS? Oh god. My mom is going to kill me if she hears that I did that. 

 

"So how was your day?" My mother asks.

"Oh it was great, ha uhm...maybe I shouldn't work at the Gaudium Cafe?" I try to sly in the working part. I'm scared she might yell at me for all the effort she put in to make me get a job in the first place. 

"Why? Did they hurt you in some way?" she asks calmly while sipping her cup of tea. 

"No, it's just....they are all dudes? Did you know that?"

"Yeah, I did." she says. I was taken back by her words. 

"W-why did you want me to work there?"

"MiSoon, I don't know how to explain this." she stops for a while to think. "You know I love you and us living here is great but, I do need to tell you something."

Oh no, I'm so not ready for this. There's a reason I didn't ask her to tell me. I'm afraid of what she might say. 

"MiSoon, those guys that you are working with isn't just ordinary people," she explains. I just sit there and look at her waiting for her explanation to come out. I hate when she beats around the bush. "Those boys are....very popular and I don't know how I should say this really," 

"Okay, uhmma. What is going on?" Ohhhh, I really didn't want to ask this. 

"MiSoon, you'll have to move in with one of the boys. It's not something I wanted. Just know that," my mother tries to reassure me that it wasn't her intention but, why do I feel this sudden rage?

"Okay, what do you mean 'move' in with one of the boys?" I ask gently, trying to suppress the anger.

"So, Misoon you are already 17. That's the legal age for you to get married right?" my mother holds my hand to try and calm me down. 

"Wait, marry?" I back away from her and think for a moment. "With who, exactly?"

"Uhm, Misoon-ah. Let me explain first. I don't want you to hate me." she takes a step closer to me. I'm taking deep breaths but they aren't calming me down. 

"Fine, explain." I sternly say. 

"Alright, let's sit down first." My mother takes my hands and puts me down on the couch. "So, when you were born we weren't that rich you see and your father helped this company get big! I mean really big-"

"What's the company?"

"Company? Uh...it's ChaHyun Corporation.." she murmurs but, I could hear her right through.

"CHAHYUN CORPORATION?! JINJA? ARE YOU ASJDFLAJSDFJASK;DJFA!" there was no words that I could say. Now I see why girls would want to kill me and now I understand why YoonRi said that no one had a chance because of the different classes. I mean I'm only in the middle class and CHAHYUN CORPORATION?! ChaHyun Corporation is known for its food exports, restaurants, grocery products, make up and skin care, clubs and drinks. They are ranking #2 as the most richest company in the Asian continent. 

"Now, calm down. Just hear me out," my mother touches my arm to calm me down. "Do you know who the heir to the corporation is?"

I shook my head. I definitely wouldn't know. I hate news. 

"Well, it's Lim Hyunshik," my mom clearly states. 

"BWOH? LIM HYUNSHIK?" I stood up from the couch and tried to process all of this in. My life wasn't going so well today.

"Why? Did he do something wrong? Did he leave you while you were walking to school?" she asks. 

"Huh? Walking me to school? Are you trying to say that you knew he was going to be there? Did you set this up? Oh my god. No wonder he was there asking me if I was lost because I was looking lost but that explains how YoonRi was telling me that he doesn't talk to anyone but, oh my god why me and I just don't understand-"

"Okay, you need to cool off. But, at least he tried to help you. I told his family that you were shy and always hated talking to strangers."

"YOU TOLD THEM ABOUT ME? IS THAT HOW EUNKWANG KNOWS ME?" I yell.

"Okay, I understand you're mad but, you still aren't letting me explain." my mother was getting frustrated. "I knew this was going to happen."

"Then why didn't-"

"Hear me out." she was starting to get angry. 

"Fine." I gave in.

"Okay, so your father helped them get rich so, the Founder Lim ChaHyun decided that he needed to help us somehow. So, he gave us some money to live off of. Your father left to manage one of his companies in China. We got a divorce then but, we didn't say a word to you. We thought that it'd be best if you just grew up to forget him. Anyway, ChaHyun didn't know what else to do to show his thanks to your father so he wanted his son and you to get married. You were only 3 then so, I don't think you remember meeting him."

"So, dad left us for work? And you guys got a divorce? This whole time I thought that he was a douche!"

"Aye, I'm not done yet."

"Okay keep going," 

"You've been engaged ever since you were 3. Your father and Mr.Lim have decided to let you guys marry when you're 17. When your father came home that night and told me, I was definitely against it because I knew this is how you would react. But, Mr. Lim insisted and said that that's the only way he can think of paying us back. Even though your father and I got a divorce the promise still lives on. So, you, my child will be moving into their home in two weeks. You have to meet Mr. and Mrs. Lim. We have to prepare the engagment party and tell the press" My mother explains.

"Woah woah woah, tell the press? Oh god. People are really going to hate me," 

"Well, anyway. You should come eat and then get washed up for your day tomorrow," my mother got up and her face was more saddened than mine. I couldn't help but think to myself all the things I could've done. I haven't even had my first kiss yet and it probably won't be with GiKwang. Why is my life so sad?