Wedding Plans Part 1

Life Isn't That Easy

Hyunshik's parents called us over to talk about the wedding plans. When I arrived at their house, they were already waiting for me outside.

"Oh, annyeonghasaeyo Mr. and Mrs. Lim," I bow.

"You don't need to say those formalities," Mr. Lim says. "We are family now,"

"Well, where's your mother?" Mrs. Lim asks.

"She couldn't come with me today. She has work," I reply.

"Aww, we could've just excused her for today. But, I guess it can't be helped. Alright, well Misoon come get into this car. We'll be looking around for decorations," Mrs. Lim squeals. She gets into her car excitingly. I didn't see Hyunshik anywhere and Mr. Lim didn't get into the car.

"Oh, isn't Hyunshik and Mr.Lim going with us?" I ask. Mrs. Lim turns around and looks at me.

"Silly, this is a girl's work. Even if they come, they aren't much help," Mrs. Lim laughs.

"Okay," I sigh and sit back in my seat. The driver's head turns around and looks at me.

"You didn't think I wouldn't go would you?" Hyunshik laughs.

"Oh, but.." I mutter.

"Ahaha, just kidding!" Mrs. Lim laughs. "It's only Mr. Lim that isn't much help. Hyunshik is really picky so he'll help us pick,"

"Alright, well let's go," Hyunshik says as he starts putting the car into drive.

"Woah, wait. Hyunshik are you qualified to drive?" I ask.

"Yeah, why?" He says.

"Aren't you underaged?"

"No, I have my liscense silly!~" He teases. "I got it early in case. Seems like I decided well,"

"We were also against it but, he insisted," Mrs. Lim says. She pats on his arm and looks at him sweetly.

"So, where are we going?" Hyunshik asks.

"Uhm, Vera Wang's" She points him in the direction. I was amazed at the stores we passed. It was like where rich people go. I felt out of place and I definitely did not feel like I could afford all of this. My mom would kill me if I ever bought anything from here. As I look outside the window, there was a little shop full of dishes and silverware. "This is where it is. We will be looking at dishes and silverware first,"

As we got out of the car, Hyunshik came up to me and walked next to me. It was quite awkward since I never stood next to a guy and he escorted me to the door. I have never gotten this kind of treatment. I need to get used to all of this. When we walked in a whole bunch of girls were waiting for us.

"What is this?" I ask Hyunshik.

"We rented this whole place," Hyunshik whispers. My mouth dropped. This was something that I saw in movies and dramas and it's happening to me.

"Come here Misoon. What do you feel about this dish?" Mrs. Lim asks.

ilfullxfull265084907.jpg

I look at the yellow plates that were inscribed with flower patterns. It was cute but too fancy.

"It looks very nice and elegant but, I want dishes that people are able to eat on so they aren't looking at the plate because of its beauty," I remark. Hyunshik smiles at me and nods in agreement. 

"Okay, Ooooo~ How about this one? It's really pretty!" Mrs. Lim runs over to the table layout and points at them.

tableft.jpg

"Eomma, it looks good but it's a little more for a summer wedding," Hyunshik says. I nod in agreement. She sighs in disappointment.

"Alright, this was the second choice I picked out and you guys haven't like a thing. Do you want my help or not?" Mrs. Lim sighs and waits for an answer. Hyunshik lowers his head and scratches the back of it. He looks up at his mother and tries to figure out what to say.

"We aren't saying that we don't want your help. We just want to uhm... choose something suit for the season and stuff. Plus, we haven't chosen the wedding colors," Hyunshik says as he turns his body towards me. "What colors do you want for the wedding?"

I didn't know how to respond to that. I definitely did not know we needed to have theme colors. I didn't know what colors I wanted. I didn't even think about how the wedding should look like. Well I did but, only with Gikwang.

"How about blue huh? The wedding is in the winter. So it could be like a Winter Wonderland theme," Mrs.Lim's eyes were sparkling in desparation. I couldn't say no and she was right, the wedding was in the winter.

"But, that means that only MiSoon can wear white. All the girls will have to wear blue okay?" Hyunshik tries to compromise.

"Agreed! Now let's go look for plates!" Mrs. Lim squeals and jumps for joy. Hyunshik follows her and motions for me to follow too. I puff out my cheeks and thought about how long this day would be. As I walk around the place, following Mrs. Lim, I spotted plates on a table that looked like it would suit for the winter season. I walk over to the table and look at the plates. Hyunshik stops in his tracks and follows me. He looks over my shoulder and smiles.

winterthemeweddingsnowf.jpg

"Eomma! I think we fould what we are looking for!" Hyunshik yells. Mrs. Lim looks over at us and walks toward us. She pushes Hyunshik aside to look at the plates.

"Woah! You have great taste. It's so pretty. It definitely suits the theme of the wedding. I guess you guys don't need me at all," she smiles and walks over the consultant. While she was talking about the plates we looked for table settings.

"Why don't we just choose a table cloth that suits the color of the plates? Or do you want a white table cloth?" Hyunshik asks me. I look at him and thought for a moment.

"We should make the table cloth match the blue color on the plates right? I mean wouldn't it be too white since everything will be white?" I ask him. He nods and pats my back.

"Okay, that makes sense. Let's go," Hyunshik led the way to the tablecloth section. "How about this one?"

148742375x259wintertabl.jpg

"Oh, that's actually not that bad," I say shockingly.

"I know I'm this good. But why do you have to say it like I don't know what I'm doing?" Hyunshik pouts.

"You assume way too much and you are way too cocky," I laugh and walk away from him.

"Did you guys find tablecloths already?" Mrs. Lim asks shockingly. "Seems like you guys did all the work, that's no fun for me,"

"You can do Daeho's wedding. You could plan everything out," Hyunshik says.

"Speaking of Daeho, he's so cute. I think he may be better looking than you," I tease. "And he doesn't look like he's related to you at all,"

"I know. Don't push it," Hyunshik sulks.

"Okay, well which tablecloth set did you choose?" Mrs. Lim asks. Hyunshik points to it and she walks over to it. "Wow, you guys picked a tablecloth that suited the plates," she smiles and looks over at us. 

"Ahjumma, your order is ready," the consultant says. 

"Oh, alright. I'll go pay for these. You guys go next door and find a florist. We need some flowers for the bouquet and the wedding hall," Mrs. Lim orders.

"Eomma, wouldn't it be better to call a wedding planner?" Hyunshik asks. 

"No, I would like to plan a wedding for my first son. I've always waited for this day since I wasn't able to plan for my own wedding. Now hurry, we don't want to stay here too long," Mrs. Lim gestures us to shoo away and starts to pay for the items we picked out. Hyunshik and I walk over to the flower shop and look around for some flowers that would fit for the Winter Wonderland theme. 

"Hi, is there anything I can do for you guys today?" a girl with a striped cardigan dusted off her hands and got up from the flower. It looked as if she was planting a few plants in the corner. She was very pretty and looked so cute. I had no idea who she was but she did look a little young to be working here. 

kimseulmieiyo510364larg.png

"Hi, Uhm..We are looking for some flowers for our wedding. Is there any kind of bouquets you could recommend?" I ask. She gladly walks over the counter behind us and pulls out some books. 

"Well, we can create customized ones if you'd like or you can choose from the ones in this book. These are our previous works," the girl says as she flips through the pages and points some pictures out. "What kind of theme is your wedding? We should start off with that first so I can have a better understanding of what you're looking for," 

"Our wedding theme is Winter Wonderland," Hyunshik says. She looks over at him and observes his body. I cough in all awkwardness and she quickly looks away. 

"Oh, I'm sorry but, your future husband is quite good looking," she mutters.

"As so I heard," I sigh. I already knew this but, it was way too weird that a girl was looking at him like that. I wasn't jealous or mad, just a little feeling of awkwardness. 

"You guys seem to be really young. How old are you?" she asks. 

"I'm 17," I say bluntly. Her eyes widen and drops her jaw. 

"17?!" she gasps. "Wow, you guys are really young," 

"Don't worry, it was unexpected," I say. Hyunshik nudges my arm and gives me a don't-tell-her look. "Ahem, anyway is there any flowers you could suggest?"

"Most definitely, so I'm guessing the main colors are blue and white?" she asks. We both nod as she looks through the book. "Okay, well do you know what shade of blue?"

"It's like a light pale blue," Hyunshik replies. She nods and points at a page. She gestures us to look at it. 

"We have something on the lines of these. If you don't like these examples then you can always choose flowers and we can mix them up for you," the girl says happily. "By the way, I'm Kim SeulMi," 

#1

bdone1.jpg

 

#2

youyourweddingmagazineb.jpg

 

#3

139182winterweddingflow.jpg

 

#4

64913404.jpg

"They look pretty nice," a woman says. We all look to see where the voice was coming from. 

"Eomma, don't do that!" Hyunshik complains. 

"Aye, you guys are really taking this wedding seriously huh?" Mrs. Lim gives us a i-see-how-you-guys-are look. 

"Ahem, well it's because we are doing this for the sake of the family," Hyunshik says. 

"Well, I was never this excited about my wedding," she says. 

"Omo, are you Lim RaeNa? Wife of Lim ChaHyun of ChaHyun Corporations?!" SeulMi screams and points at Mrs. Lim. Mrs. Lim nods and tries not to make a scene. "Oh my god, if I knew that you guys were coming. Woah, it's an honor to meet you m'am," Seulmi walks over the Mrs. Lim and bows continuously. 

"Aha, it's okay. We are only here for flowers and it seems like you've picked out a few lovely examples. May I see them up close?" Mrs. Lim calmly says. I was shocked. She was definitely giving off the 'imma boss' aura but, she was so calm and nice. 

"Oh, of course. Here it is. Is there any that you would like to pick out for your son?" SeulMi jitterly says. 

"Hmm, I like the third and fourth one since it has a little bit of blue in it. But, it's not my wedding. MiSoon-ah, what do you think?" Mrs. Lim asks me. 

"Me? Uhm...Well I did like the first and third one. Hyunshik, how about you?" I turn to Hyunshik who was trying to pay attention but, I could tell that he was going to fall asleep. He try to help a lot today. 

"I like the third and fourth one too," Hyunshik comments. 

"You guys have good taste," SeulMi compliments and giggles next to Mrs. Lim. 

"Alright, now you guys have to pick one bouquet and MiSoon, this is what you'll be taking with you down the aisle. You make the decision," Mrs. Lim walks over the me and hands me the book. I look over the bouquets again and thought carefully. I tried to imagine which one I would look good with, the one that I would see myself with. 

"I choose the third one," I reply. 

"Oh, great choice!" SeulMi says happily. She was clearly over exaggerating. What a up. "Is there a day you wanted these?"

"December 1st," Mrs. Lim says sternly. Hyunshik and I bulge out our eyes in shock. 

"B-but, that's only two days from now," I stutter. 

"I know, isn't this exciting?! We have until today and tomorrow to finish our work," Mrs. Lim smiles. "We still need to pick out a wedding hall and need to choose how it'll look like. Oh and you need to pick out dresses tomorrow," 

"Wait, wait, wait. Eomma, this is going by way too fast. Don't you think we should think about this first? Planning a wedding in two days?" Hyunshik says with reason. It sounded more like arguing but, I was thinking the same thing. 

"We have to do it by the first of December. Is there any other date that suits best?" Mrs. Lim asks. She pouted her lips and blinked twice. 

"Okay, if we pick out a date then would you postpone the wedding?" Hyunshik asks. 

"No, because I already planned this," Mrs. Lim says. "Now keep looking for flowers. We need some for the wedding hall," 

Hyunshik and I let out a big sigh. He pats my back and follows his mother. It's okay. I understand him. There's nothing we could do at this point. The whole time we were looking for flowers and all of them were so pretty but, none fitted our theme. We walked around for a while until Hyunshik came to a halt and picked up a bouquet. 

"These are perfect, don't you think?" Hyunshik hands me the bouquet and I observe it. It was pretty and it seemed to suit the theme well. 

winterweddingbouquets02.jpg

"Okay, let's take these ones," I say happily as I smell the flowers. Mrs. Lim smiles at me and orders SeulMi to package the flowers a certain way. As Mrs. Lim did all of the ordering for the flowers, she ordered us to the dress shop that was a few stores down. 

"Oh no, dress shop. Again?" I sulk. Hyunshik laughs at me and bends down in front of me.

"Are you tired?" Hyunshik asks as his head turns to face me. 

"Kinda but, what are you doing?" I hover my body over his so that I could see his face. 

"Get on," he commands. I step back a bit and give him a confused look. "You heard me, get on," 

I wouldn't move. I didn't want him to touch my thighs. I'm reserved for Gikwang. Hyunshik grabs my arms and puts me on his back. He lifts me up a couple of times to get a hold of me. I blush at his sudden charsmatic move. 

"Don't get too excited," Hyunshik teases. I slightly hit him on his shoulders and giggle. "Aye, you don't want me to make you fall do you?"

But, on our way to the wedding shop he carries me on his back and we had a few good laughs. He pretends to fall over a couple of times and I freak out. He chuckles as I giggle. Hyunshik is not so bad. He's very sweet and playful but, it still feels weird to be marrying him. I wasn't ready and I know he wasn't. I don't know what life will be like with him but, I hope that I get accustomed to this soon. 

 


So, guys~ Thank you for subscribing. It takes a while to write all of this because I have to find pictures and stuff so you guys can see. I know I haven't brought in BTOB a lot but, you will see them in the future chapters. Happy Reading! :)

 

P.S. Do tell me what you think about the story. I love reading people's comments and it encourages me to update more, doesn't even matter if it's a school night. Sorry for the long plannings and engagment. Seems like I'm lagging the story but, I do want this story to be long.