Welcome

Life Isn't That Easy

The next morning I didn't even want to speak to my mother. I wasn't really mad at her. I could tell she didn't want this either but, I was mad at the fact that I was going to get married. Something I didn't intend to happen. I'm still young and I still want to live without rules. Doesn't matter if I'm marrying into a rich family or not. 

My mother didn't bother coming into my room. I guess she knew that I was still mad. I couldn't sleep anyway so I got myself up and got ready for school. I saw the food my mother left for me on the table. Feeling bad, I sat there and ate it before I left. 

koreanbreakfast.jpg

 

I was walking with caution today. I didn't want Hyunshik to pop out of nowhere. I just thought it was a mere coincidence that he talked to me. But, nope. It was because I was getting married. 

Walking alone wasn't that bad since it was early morning and a lot of cars passed by. But, one car in particular came up to me and stopped right next to me. I didn't want to look because I was too afraid. The window started to roll down and then I heard a familar voice.

"You need a ride? You shouldn't be walking all by yourself you know? Because you're going to be famous now," I stopped and turn my head at the person who said that. It was MinHyuk. 

"Oh, I don't need a ride," I reply softly.

"Yeah because she's going to be walking with me," someone's arm takes hold of my shoulders. I push them away and look to see Hyunshik smiling as always. 

"Oh, it's you." I lower my head and kept walking fast. 

"What are you doing stand there? Go follow her!" Minhyuk commands. Hyunshik's smile turns into a laugh and runs after me. 

"Why are you so afraid of me?" he asks.

"It's not that I'm afraid, it's more of I'm not a people person?" I try to make the conversation short but, he only kept asking me questions.

"Then tell me, why aren't you a people person Lim MiSoon," he smirks. I raise my head up and shot him a glare. 

"Don't say that," I whisper.

"Oh, Why? It's true right? I should only say the truth," he teases. 

"Yah, don't do that. It's just that I don't want to-"

"Die? I bet some girls talked some weird sense into you huh? Don't worry, they won't touch you," Hyunshik tries to reassure. 

"How do you know?" I ask.

"What do you mean how do I know? No one has ever approached me, so why would they approach you knowing you are connected to me," Hyunshik tried to make his reply an obvious answer.

"Can I not be seen with you?" I ask. 

"Well, you already are. But, it's okay. You have me right here," Hyunshik pounds on his chest. I was embarassed and just started to fasten up my pace. "Aye, wait up!" 

"Why are you so different?"

"Different? What do you mean? Isn't everybody?"

"Well, you know in dramas usually a boy would be mean to the girl right?"

"Well, this isn't a drama. It's real life. You shouldn't pay attention to what those dramas tell you. You need to live your own life," 

"Ohhh~" I nod my head realizing that Hyunshik was very wise at the moment.

"By the way, you seem to be very talkative," he smiles at me and gets closer to my face. 

"What do you mean?" I ask cluelessly.

"You are talking to me more than you did yesterday, progress right? Didn't I tell you that I'll make you feel comfortable? I always keep my word." Hyunshik smiles and hits the top of my head lightly. "See you in class!" He starts walking away but still facing my direction and waves at me. I look around to see if anyone has noticed...they have. 

"Where are you going?" I ask unknowingly. I really had no idea why I asked that.

"Did you say that you didn't want us to be seen?" He yells.

"Too late for that!" I yell back at him as he smiles and runs away. I scoff at him and just keep walking to class. 

------

"Hey, I heard that you were talking to Hyunshik a lot today," YoonRi whispers. 

"Yeah, don't misunderstand. We were just walking the same way and he just started walking with me," I whisper back.

"Walking with you? That means you guys were walking together," YoonRi whispers. 

"Ugh, I know just don't say anything. Promise?" I had no idea why I was trusting this girl so easily.

"Alright, I promise but you have to tell me if there's something going on okay?" she says excitingly. I couldn't tell her that me and Hyunshik were about to me engaged and that we are going to get married. No way could I tell her. I just nod and look away. 

After our conversation Hyunshik and Minhyuk walk in. 

"Good Morning Misoon~" Minhyuk sings. 

"Annyeong!" Hyunshik smiles. I just bow and slightly wave. "Not used to us yet?"

"Hyunshik-shi, I think it's best if you don't talk to me right now," I whisper.

"I thought I cleared up your brain already, still thinking about murderers?" he teases. 

"It's okay, sooner or later everyone is going to know," Minhyuk says. 

"Shhhh!" I try to hush them because they were saying everything way to loudly and it was really getting on my nerves because everyone was looking at us. "Can you guys try not to say anything until it's announced?"

"Fine, it that's what you want. But, I can't promise you that other people will find out before we even say it," Hyunshik says. "A lot of people know their way around stuff." 

"Okay, I won't get mad at you guys. IF you guys aren't the ones spreading it,"

"Call! I keep my words," Hyunshik gets out his notes and prepares for class. "Oh and just so you know, you're meeting my parents tomorrow," 

"BWOH?" I shout out loud. 

"Shhh! They can hear you," Hyunshik mocks me and laughs. I glare at him. "Okay okay, I'm not that mean."

"Alright, class settle down. We have to prepare ourselves for our annual sports competition coming up. As you all know, we will be choosing two to four people to participate in the competition. Is there anyone that you guys would like to nominate?" Ms.Kwon asks. 

"I want to nominate myself!" Minhyuk raises his hand proudly. 

"I want to nominate Lim HyunShik!" Hyunshik raises his hand proudly also. "Oh, and I would like to nominate Chae MiSoon."

Everyone turns their head into my direction. I look at Hyunshik who is mouthing the words 'Go, you can do it!'.

"Uhm, I would like to unnominate myself." I say softly. 

"Well, is there anyone going against Hyunshik and Minhyuk's nominations?" Ms. Kwon looks around the room and sees that me and YoonRi both raise our hands. "And who would you like to not participate in the compeition?"

"Chae MiSoon," We chorused. 

"Alright, well I'm not going to force you to participate." she says calmly. "Alright so we have Lim HyunShik and Lee Minhyuk. Is there anyone else?"

No one says a word. 

"Alright then-"

"Uhm, Misoon just said that she changes her mind and that she would like to participate." Hyunshik bursts out. 

"Is that true?" Ms.Kwon looks directly at me and asks. 

"Uhh.." I couldn't say no or yes. What the hell is wrong with me?

"That's her way of saying yes," Hyunshik says. 

"Okay, is there anyone else that would like to join?" Ms.Kwon asks one last time. 

"ME!" YoonRi says quickly. 

"Yoo YoonRi wants to join? Alright, so that leaves us with Lim HyunShik, Lee MinHyuk, Chae MiSoon, and Yoo YoonRi. Does anyone object to that?" Ms. Kwon looks around the room one last time and puts our names up on the board. "Okay so, the four of you go down to the gym so we can make sure you guys are able to participate."

"Alright, follow me" Minhyuk says as he gets up from his chair. 

"Come back quickly," Ms.Kwon says before we leave. 

"There's going to be a lot of people in line!" Hyunshik yells out. Ms. Kwon shakes her head and begins her lecture on the upcoming final exam.

------

"Why did you do that?" I ask Hyunshik. 

"Do what?" he replies and shrugs. 

"Lim Hyunshik!" I pout. 

"Oh, are you doing aegyo right now?" he teases.

"Yah!" I was seriously getting frustrated with this guy. 

"Come on, it won't be that bad. What sports are you good at?"

"None," 

"I'm sure you can do something," 

"I've never played sports. I've only read a few books," 

"Alright then, I'll teach you. What sport do you want to play?"

"None," 

"Volleyball? Okay. I'll teach you that," 

"Why do you keep doing that?"

"Doing what?

"Answering for me, I can talk you know," 

"You sure can,"

"Are you mocking me?

"No I'm not,"

"Hyunshik-shi," he stops walking and faces me, putting his finger on my lips. 

"Call me Oppa~" he says charismatically. YoonRi's eyes widen and so do mine. Minhyuk is just standing there looking at us like we have no time. 

"Okay okay, love birds let's get going," Minhyuk says impatiently. 

"What was that?" YoonRi whispers. 

"I have no idea," I sigh. 

------

After the check up, we got back to class and waited a few hours for lunch to come our way. I was taking notes when a piece of paper hits my finger and cuts it. 

"Ow!" I whisper and try to the blood that's coming out. I open up the piece of paper that read:

                You and I will be going home when the bell rings. Our parents are picking us up. 

I widen my eyes and look over at Hyunshik who doesn't seem to be bothered by the situation. When the bell rang, he got up and waited for everyone to leave. 

"You ready to go?" he asks. 

"Uhm, I'm not sure" I say nervously.

"It's okay, your mother will be there." Hyunshik grabs my backpack and walks me outside to their car. When we got in there was a driver sitting there waiting for us.

"Are you ready Mr. Lim?" the driver asks. 

"Yeh, Mr. Park. We're ready," Hyunshik emphasized the 'we're' part. I sat there in the back with Hyunshik next to me. I didn't say a word the whole time. Hyunshik was too busy talking to other people on the phone to realize the awkwardness in the air. 

"We're here," Mr. Park, the driver states. As I got out of the car, I look up at the huge house right in front of me. 

newportmansionsbreakers.jpg

 

"Woah, you live here?" I ask Hyunshik who moves his eyebrows up and down. 

"That's not our house," Hyunshik slyly says. 

"What do you mean?" I was confused. It's not 'our' house?

"That's our parents' house. We won't be living there," Hyunshik says. "Come on, let's go inside,"

Hyunshik lead me to the front door and two girls opened them up. 

"Welcome Mr. Lim and Future Mrs. Lim," the two girls said. They were wearing maid outfits. I only saw them in movies...soo maybe they are maids. I was looking around and I saw the living room. 

 

bigmansionmontreal23.jpg

"Have a seat, I'll go tell my parents you're here," Hyunshik runs up the stairs and I look at him until he disappears. 

"Misoon?" I heard my mother's voice. I turn around and saw my mother running up to me. 

"Uhmma?"

"I didn't think you would come," 

"Well, I didn't really want to but, Hyunshik made me." 

"Speaking of which, I haven't seen him yet," 

"You will soon Uhmma. Don't worry too much about it," 

"Misoon, are you still mad at me?"

"Uhmma, I wasn't mad at you. I was just mad at the situation," I embraced her face because it looked like she was going to cry. 

"Alright, well let's sit down first." My mother made me sit down next to her. 

"They are coming," Hyunshik says. He walks over to my mother and bows. He looks at me and smiles. 

"Omo, he's cute!" My mother whispers. 

"Yah, uhmma!" I scold. 

"Well, you can't deny it," she says.

"well, I already did," 

"You guys seem to have a close relationship," Hyunshik says. 

"Ah, yeh. I guess you could say that," my mother acts all innocent and starts to blush. Oh my god. Are you kidding me right now?

"Yah, uhmma. You're embarassing me," I nudge her arm and she gives me a serious look. Hyunshik is just sitting there smiling at us. 

"Mrs. Chae, you're here. Oh, I'm sorry. Ms. Bae." an older man comes towards my mother and bows. My mother does the same. We both end up standing up until Mr. Lim motioned for us to sit back down again. 

"It's really nice to see you here after so many years. I was really looking forward to this," the lady next to the older man says. 

"Let's introduce ourselves. I don't want our daughter-in-law to be confused. I'm Lim ChaHyun, Hyunshik's father," the older man says. 

"I'm Mrs. Lim RaeNa. Nice to meet you. You've grown up to be very pretty," the lady smiles and embraces my face. 

"Now now, she is shy remember?" Mr. Lim says. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. Aha, You are just so lovely," Mrs. Lim says happily. 

"Uh..Thank you," I bow and go back to sitting next to my mother. 

"Well, me and my wife have been thinking that we should push the engagment to this week," Mr. Lim states. 

"T-this week?" My mother looks at me. Mr. Lim moves up from his chair and gets closer to me. 

"Now, this isn't your mother's decision. It's yours. What do you think?" he asks. 

"Uhm, well..since today is Wednesday let's do it on Friday night?" I suggest. Mr. Lim's face beams and he seems delighted. 

"Well, I didn't expect you to make it so soon. I thought maybe you would want to push it back a few days. Ahaha, you are very innocent I see. Well, then I guess Friday Night it is. But, we won't announce the engagment until Saturday. How about that?" he asks. 

"Sure," I reply giving him a sweet smile. Did I just? Noo wayy what? What am I doing to myself? Why can't I say no?

"Well, let's get on to our dinner and talk about the engagment and the wedding," Mr. Lim walks towards the dining room and we all followed. I sat next to my mother and Hyunshik sat across from me. 

"Now where is DaeHo?" Mrs. Lim looks around the house and takes a few glances. "Hmmm, is he sleeping?"

"Daeho?" my mother gave a confused look.

"Oh, I had him 5 years ago. He's the baby," Mrs. Lim giggles. 

"Daeho-ah! Come down!" Hyunshik yells. You could hear a thump and little rumbles until you saw a cute little figure coming down the stairs.

 

tumblr_m9petjOjJj1rvlca2.gif

"Here's my boy. Say Hi~" Mr. Lim picks up the cute boy and the little boy waves at us. "Daeho this is Chae Misoon and Ms. Bae ChoHee"

"He's really cute," my mother says as she embraces his cuteness.

"Okay, you sit next to me," Hyunshik picks him up and puts him in a high chair. "You see that pretty lady over there, see's going to be your sister-in-law"

"Noona?" DaeHo says happily with his fingers in his mouth. Hyunshik nods. "Annyeonghasaeyo, C-choneun Lim DaeHo imnida" the cute little boy stands on his chair and bows kindly. 

"Oh, he has such good manners," My mother praises. 

"Ahaha he does, doesn't he? Well MiSoon. Welcome to the family," Mr.Lim holds up his glass and smiles at me. 

 


I don't know if you guess know but, Daeho is Luhan's look alike.