The Engagement Party Part 2

Life Isn't That Easy

"Alright, before we start eating I would like to make a toast," Mr. Lim announces as he hits his wine glass with his spoon. "I know that some people might have misjudged me for arranging a marriage with my son and a middle-class girl. But, to reassure you that this girl is no ordinary girl. Her father helped me create ChaHyun Corporation. He helped me create this corporation as it is today. And to you, my future daughter-in-law, I want you to know that this family will always welcome you to our home," 

Everyone looks at me and applauds. I give them a small smile and put a peice of my hair behind my ear. After Mr.Lim's small speech, everyone disperses to the dining room to eat. I had no idea where I was supposed to go so I just followed the crowd. Everyone got in line and I did the same. I was hoovering people's heads to look for Hyunshik or my mother. I had no idea why I would look for Hyunshik but he did help me a lot today and he was the only one trying to help me in this situation. As I was looking around, someone tugged on my dress.

"Noona, aren't you eating?" Daeho asks. 

"Neh, Daeho. Are you going to eat?" I ask as I bent down to get on his level. 

"Mhm, I have to eat. I'm very very hungry," Daeho rubs his belly and I giggle at  his cuteness.

"There you are, I was looking for you. I thought you might've gotten lost," Hyunshik struggles to say. 

"Why are you short of breath?" I ask. 

"I was running around looking for you," Hyunshik gasps for a few seconds before he got to breath regularly again. 

"Well, you found me!" I say cheerfully. 

"Oh, you just like doing aegyo around me huh?" he teases. 

"This was only the first time," I kept my head up and looked away. I didn't want to face the embarassment. 

"So, you're admitting it? Oh I see how you are," he nudges on my arm and I playfully laugh along. 

"Aigoo, you guys already look good together," Mrs.Lim comes from behind and pats my back. 

"Ani, we were just making fun of one another," I softly say.

"Teasing is the best part of a relationship, right?" she winks before she leaves. 

"Did my mom just wink?" Hyunshik asks. 

"Aha, I think she just did," I laugh. 

"That's so weird," Hyunshik shakes his head to forget the image in his head. 

"Hyung, I want to eat!" Daeho says while jumping.

"Arasso, arasso. Which ones do you want to eat?" Hyunshik asks. 

"Yah, Are you stupid? He can't see," I slap Hyunshik's arm lightly and pick up Daeho. "Okay, now point to the ones you want to eat," 

While Daeho was picking out some food, Hyunshik grabbed the food and put them on a plate. While we were going down the line, I realized that we don't have any food. 

"Hyunshik-ah, what about our food?" I ask. 

"Aye-hey, you didn't think I would forget about us did you? I'm holding two plates here. We are going to have to share one plate since the other one is for DaeHo," Hyunshik says. 

"Share? Uhh..I'll just go get my own food. I'll get back in the line," I felt nervous at the thought of eating with him. 

"No, it's okay. I'll grab two spoons for us," Hyunshik runs over to the table and grabs two spoons. 

"Aren't we supposed to sit at a table and wait for people to serve us like in the movies?" I ask.

"Thinking about movies again? Aha, no. This is like a bbq engagment party. We don't want to do all that fancy stuff. It costs too much," Hyunshik laughs. 

"Costs too much?" I look at him surprised. 

"What? Rich people can't save money too?" Hyunshik laughs. 

"Oh, I just thought that..." 

"What? Everything you see in movies and dramas are real?"

"Noona! Feed me!" Daeho gives me a piece of an apple. 

Photobucket

"Aigoo, you want her to feed you?" Hyunshik gives a slight laugh and ruffles Daeho's hair. I take the piece of apple from Daeho and feed it to him. "MiSoon-ah~ Feed me too!" Hyunshik shakes his shoulders and puffs out his lips. 

"Eww, I don't want to feed you!" I giggle and push Hyunshik away. 

------

"Your son seems to get along with my daughter very well," My mother says. 

"I know. I didn't think they would get along with each other that fast," Mrs. Lim says. 

"Aha, well let's stop watching them. I don't want them to find out that we've been creeping on them," My mother laughs and walks away with Mrs. Lim. 

------

"Do you want some of our noodles, DaeHo?" Hyunshik asks. 

"Neh!" Daeho jumps up and down and walks toward Hyunshik. He hold Hyunshik's knee to keep balance. 

"You want to feed yourself?" Hyunshik asks. 

"Yeshh~" Daeho obediently answers. He grabs the bowl and fork and feeds himself. 

Photobucket

 

"Omo, he's so cute. Your parents made such a lovely baby," I squeal. 

"Aha, I know huh?" Hyunshik stands up and salutes to himself. 

Photobucket

 

"Psht, I was soo talking about Daeho," I scoff. 

"Why? I'm not cute?" he asks. 

"Nope~" I said straight up. 

"Wow, Daeho is nothing compared to me," Hyunshik pouts. 

"What? He is soo much better than you," 

"How? He sits, poops, and eats all day. I actually do stuff," 

"Are you seriously getting mad over a five year old kid right now?" I laugh at him and bring Daeho to the living room where everyone was sitting. Hyunshik followed right after me. 

"Okay guys, I like to thank all of you guys for coming today. Hyunshik? Do you have any words you'd like to say to the guests before they leave?" Mr. Lim looks over at Hyunshik. Hyunshik runs over to Mr.Lim and stands next to him. 

"I'd like to thank everyone for coming and congradulating us on our engagement. It means a lot to us. I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the evening," Hyunshik says contently. As everyone started to leave BTOB walked through the door. 

"Are we late?" Ilhoon asks. 

"Definitely," Hyunshik answers. 

"Good, you ready?" Eunkwang asks. 

"Yeah, let's do this outside," Hyunshik motions for them to follow him. I stop Hyunshik to ask him what was going on. 

"Yah, are you guys going to fight or something? What are you doing?" I ask him. He just looks at me and tells me to follow him. I did as told and see microphones standing on the deck. "What's going on?"

"Alright, noona. Please sit down over there for us." SungJae gestures me to a chair in front of the microphones. "Okay, please sit there for the time being," 

I sit there while they were setting up a few things. They all started to get in their positions and the music started to play. 

Press Play

"What is this?" I say with a big smile on my face while clapping nonstop. 

"It was a song we created for you," Hyunshik smiles. 

"I like it, I didn't know you guys could sing like that," the smile on my face couldn't go away. 

"You like the lyrics that much?" Ilhoon asks. 

"No, it's just that it was very touching. Although, the song does sound a little cocky. I could tell it was partly written by Hyunshik," I say. Hyunshik looks around and pretends he didn't do a thing. "Well, anyway. Thank you. I really do like the song," 

"We'll write more for you on your wedding day," SungJae exclaims. 

"Well, I can't wait for it," I smile. 

"Just wait, we will write a whole bunch of good songs for you guys," SungJae says happily. 

"Aha, don't go overboard though." I laugh.

"Trust me Noona. We will try not to," SungJae makes an evil laugh. 

 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE ONE AND ONLY SEO EUUUUNNNNKKKWAAANNNGG! ♥

koreanbreakfast.jpg