Congratulating Party

Life Isn't That Easy

Hyunshik always seems to surprise me. I feel weird about how nice he is, although I'm grateful I don't want to be a burden. I have to do things with him and help attend events with him. I wonder if he'll get tired of dragging me around everywhere.

Hyunshik gets into the shower and I go up the stairs a few minutes after him so that I won't catch him . I slowly creep into the bathroom to make sure I didn't catch Hyunshik .

"I came inside," I yelled out.

"Oh, are you not scared? I might just walk out right now," Hyunshik laughs.

"Ya! Don't you dare!" I sneer. Hyunshik laughs even harder.

"Okay okay. But wear something nice, it's going to be a formal party," Hyunshik says.

"Semi-formal or formal?" I ask.

"Formal; since you are married with me most of our events will contain formal wear. You'll own a lot of dresses in the near future,"

"Ohhh, well I think I see a dress that I like,"

"You do? Try it on and I'll see if I like it,"

"Okay, I'm going to be wearing a long dress. Is that okay?"

"Whatever you like," Hyunshik assures. I walk towards the dress I see and smile. I think I chose a good dress. A couple minutes later  Hyunshik turns off the shower and warns me that he's coming out. I stay inside the closet until he tells me that he's gone but I see a shadow slowly coming towards the closet.

"HYUNSHIK! YOU'RE STILL !" I scream. Hyunshik laughs and just stands by the door. He shifts his position and puts his left hand in the doorway.

"What? Don't you like the view?" Hyunshik laughs. His body was perfectly mounted and he had little water droplets just sitting on his skin.

"YA!" I scream while closing my eyes shut.

"I like the dress. I'm going to change so I'll see you in a bit," Hyunshik's smile was getting bigger as he slowly walked away.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THAT!" I yell.

"I'll meet you downstairs!" Hyunshik says. I can see his michievous smile right now. Ugh, I should've known he was going to do that. But, his body wasn't so bad....ohhh no! I can't think of these things!

 

 

 

 

ccxm.png

 

 

I walk down the stairs after an hour of prepping myself. Hyunshik was already there with the butler.

"Wow! You're really beautiful. I'm surprised you can put makeup on yourself," Hyunshik teases. I glare at him for a while and then walk towards the bulter.

"What do you think?" I ask of the bulter. He looks at me and smiles.

"You look stunning. Now you both should leave, you guys will be late," the butler remarks. Hyunshik claps his hands together as if he forgot and pulled on my arm.

"Okay well we'll be home late. Have a nice rest and don't work yourself too hard okay?" Hyunshik says in a hurry. The butler stands outside the house to bid us goodbye as we leave the driveway.

"So who are we meeting up with?" I ask. Hyunshik looks at me and smiles.

"My workers and a few company owners. It won't be fun for you because it's never fun for me. Everyone there is old and anyone my age is either never attending or has nothing to say," Hyunshik explains. "I feel pretty old for my age since I have to do all of these things but it gives me a feel of what my dad does and how I'll be doing in the future."

"Why don't you just talk to people your age?" I ask.

"Well, the people my age doesn't like talking. They rather go out and party then sit and talk with a guy like me," Hyunshik says.

"But, you are so handsome and nice. I would expect some girls to drool over you," I say bluntly. I close my mouth right away realizing the words that came out of my mouth. Hyunshik looks at me shockingly and laughs.

"Yeah some girls are too shy to talk to me and some girls are bold and audacious. The boys there are too busy trying to talk to those girls so I don't really blend in well unless I'm with BTOB," Hyunshik says. He looks at me again and smiles. "You think I'm handsome and nice?"

"W-what? I didn't say that," I look away and stare out the window. "Keep your eyes on the road. I don't want to die,"

I look at  Hyunshik's reflection through the window. He's smiling still as he's driving. I could tell he was trying to stop himself from smiling so I start to giggle. He immediately looks at me.

"What's so funny?" Hyunshik asks.

"Nothing, I was just thinking of something," I reply.

"Aha, you are a weird child," Hyunshik says.

"I know don't remind me," I comment. Hyunshik touches my leg and I jump. "What are you doing?"

"Isn't this what couples do?" Hyunshik asks mischievously. I squint my eyes at him in suspicion.

"Why do you have to come off as a creep when you do it? Couples hold hands," I respond. Hyunshik nods and grabs my hand. I try to let go but he forcefully held it tight so my hand wouldn't slip through. "Ya! They hold hands but not forcefully."

Hyunshik ignores my comment and still holds my hand. Whenever I made movement he held it tighter. To relieve myself from stress I close my eyes and try to fall asleep. But I couldn't fall asleep because all I could think about was Hyunshik holding my hands. 

"Ya, don't try to sleep if you can't," Hyunshik states. I jump slightly and squint my eyes and Hyunshik laughs. "I know you're awake. Just stay up and keep me company,"

I turn my body and sit up straight. 

"I was sleeping," I say obnoxiously. 

"Really? Okay so how long has it been since I've driven?" Hyunshik asks. 

I became stunned by his question. "U-Uh...about two hours!" I repent. 

"AHAHAHAHA! REALLY?!" Hyunshik busts out in laughter. 

"What? What did I say?" I widen my eyes in shock and confusion. 

"It's only been ten minutes," Hyunshik laughs. "Are you uncomfortable with me holding your hand?"

"Yes," I answer with no hesitation. 

"Well too bad," Hyunshik teases. I roll my eyes and sigh. "Is it that bad......holding my hand?" 

I look at Hyunshik but it made me feel bad because of the way he asked me. I slightly nod. His smile fades and he slowly lets go of my head. My heart hurt seeing him not smiling. 'Ahhh!! What should I do?' I look over at Hyunshik's hand and bit my lip. Holding his hand wouldn't hurt right? I slowly reach over and held onto Hyunshik's hand. He looks at me shocked but slowly his smile resurfaces. 

"I thought you felt uncomfortable," Hyunshik says. 

"Don't get too excited. I'm only doing this because I felt bad," I reminded. Hyunshik nods and looks back at the road. 

"Can you do something for me?" Hyunshik asks.

"What is it?" I reply. 

"Can you play music for me?"

"Why can't you do it yourself?"

"Because I don't want to let go of your hand," Hyunshik shyly smiles. I roll my eyes although my heart flutters. I press play on the stereo and suddenly a ual song plays. There was awkward tension in the air. 

"Hehe, let's change the song," I laugh off awkwardly. Hyunshik slightly coughs to relieve the awkwardness. After a few miles, my eyes felt droopy and I fell asleep while holding onto Hyunshik's hands. 

 

 

"Misoon? Wake up. We're here," Hyunshik whispers. I slowly open up my eyes seeing Hyunshik's face hovering mine. 

"We're here already?" I ask. Hyunshik giggles quietly. 

"Yeah, you slept for a long time," Hyunshik says.

"what? How long have we've been here?" 

"For about 20 minutes," Hyunshik's head slightly tilts to the side. My eyes widen.

"WHAT? 20 MINUTES?" 

"Calm down. No one knows we've arrived so it's okay,"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive. So let's go shall we?"

I nod my head and walk out of the car. Hyunshik stops to wait for me at the other side of the car. I hesistantly grab his arm and hold my breath. 

"You're holding my arm without me asking you to?" Hyunshik points out. 

"I'm scared that's why," I reply. 

"So you're depending on me?" Hyunshik smiles. 

"Sort of..." I murmur as Hyunshik laughs. Hyunshik and I walk through a hotel lobby and I look around. "We are having a party in a hotel?"

"Yeah most parties I attend are at hotels. Aren't yours?" 

"Uh...I've never been to a party,"

"Really? I'm sure you've had a birthday party before,"

"Yeah but it's not extravagant," I sigh. "But, let's attend the party. We don't want to keep them waiting," 

As Hyunshik and I stand there, someone starts walking up to us. 

"Can I help you guys with a room?" a bell boy asks politely. 

"Oh we're here for the Congratulating party for Lim Hyunshik and Chae MiSoon," Hyunshik says firmly. 

"Oh! You're Lim Hyunshik?!?! How could I not tell from earlier? Well you'll be in the outside balcony on your left. Is there anything else you need help with?" the bell boy asks. 

"No no, we're fine. Thanks," Hyunshik smiles as the bell boy bows and slowly walks away. 

"Wow you are somewhat popular huh?" I state. 

"Aha, it's not really like that. My dad's company is popular not me. I'm just a figure to publicize," Hyunshik sighs. 

"Hey, don't look at it that way. I'm sure your dad is doing the best he can for you. Your looks probably just made you even more noticable," I confirm. 

"My looks?" Hyunshik looks at me with one eyebrow arched up high. 

"What?" I shrug.

"You think I'm that good looking?"

"I think you're better than the average. It doesn't mean that you are good looking," 

"I think that's what you're implying Misoon,"

"No way! You always tend to overestimate my words,"

"How can I not?" Hyunshik laughs. Suddenly someone's voice roared. 

"HYUNSHIK!" someone shouted. Hyunshik and I both turned around towards the voice, it was Sungjae waving his hand ferociously. "Hyung!" Sungjae yells as he comes running to Hyunshik. 

"Alright alright, calm down," Hyunshik laughs as he pets Sungjae's head. "Who's here?"

"All the big people. Everyone in the business world is here. The only one I would say that's in your personal zone is me. Everyone else is old," Sungjae reports. 

"No young people?" I ask. 

"No but I think more will come later," Sungjae says. "BTOB couldn't make it. They all have their own meetings to attend but they told me to tell you guys that they would crash the party if they could," 

"Aish, cham. I was  hoping this party will be a little more interesting," Hyunshik sighs. "It's okay. I have Misoon to accompany me," 

"Oh. What about me?" Sungjae asks, atonished. Hyunshik ignores the question and just laughs. 

"So there's a lot of old people here today?" I ask. 

"Yeah, there always is," Hyunshik answers. 

"Well let's go inside. I'm seriously starving," Sungjae complains. We all walk into the room together and suddenly everyone's faces turn towards us. There was a distant chiming in the background, as if someone was tapping their glass. 

"Now that the newly wed couple is here, I'd like to announce my gratitude towards the new couple. I'm excited to see what new things they'll bring to the business and entertainment world. I give you my blessings and wish you guys well on your marriage," stated an elderly looking man who didn't quite look too old. 

"Who's that?" I whisper in Hyunshik's ear. 

"Him? He owns his own record company and owns this hotel that we are currently standing on," Hyunshik says. I gasp in surprise. This hotel was beautiful, is wasn't your average hotel. You could tell this hotel was planned out well and that it was probably really expensive to get a room. 

"Oh really? What's his name? He looks kinda young don't you think?" I commented. 

"Yeah, I think he's one of the single ones here. He's not married nor does he have a girlfriend. I heard he only focuses on work and family. He doesn't dwell too much on women. He could be gay," Hyunshik laughs. 

"That's quite mean," I said seriously. But Sungjae was also laughing. "Why are you guys laughing? That was a really rude comment," 

"Sorry noona. I'll recompose myself," Sungjae suddenly stops laughing and looks at Hyunshik. Hyunshik, too, stops laughing. 

"Okay well I'm just saying. BTOB say these kinds of things all the time. It's too keep ourselves entertained. But his name is Kim WooBin. Age 25. Single. Lives alone. Tall and Handsome. Are those the kinds of things you wanted me to say?" Hyunshik says. 

"Giving me a little profile on him is okay," I said. 

"If he does that about everyone your curious about then it'll seem like a maetson. Don't you think?" Sungjae says. I shrug my shoulders and walk away. I bump into someone slightly. 

"Oh I'm sorry," we both say at the same time. We both look up and stood still for a second, as to embrace each other's prescence. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't looking," the guy says. 

"Oh no, I'm sorry. I should've looked at the direction I was headed," I said, composed. I slightly blush and put a piece of my hair behind my ear. 

"I'm Lee Jongsuk by the way. And you are?" he shoots a smile at me as I blush harder. 

"My wife. Chae Misoon," Hyunshik butts in. I glare at Hyunshik and smile at Jongsuk. I hit Hyunshik slightly to give him a warning. 

"Ahh, I did hear that you got married but how'd you end up getting someone so beautiful?" Jongsuk says. I felt the tension in the air and look over at Sungjae to do something. Sungjae only shrugs and went back to eating some appetizers. 

"Heh, shocked aren't you? She's a keeper," Hyunshik says. 

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind keeping her for myself," Jongsuk teases. 

"Me and Misoon belong to one another. So keep your mind elsewhere," Hyunshik says. Suddenly someone pushes Jongsuk and Hyunshik aside, it was Woobin.

"Woah woah, no fighting," Woobin says. "It's a party. Not a ring or competition," 

"Tell your boyfriend to back off," Hyunshik says. 

"Oh geurae?" Woobin says. "Ya, back off of her. She's married now," 

"Ya, it's not my fault I'm so good looking," Jongsuk replies. Hyunshik turns his head away and sighs in frustration. Woobin looks at Hyunshik and bends over to Hyunshik's ear. 

"Satisfied?" Woobin says rudely. I couldn't believe what was happening, were these two guys really ganging up on Hyunshik?

"Ahem, anyway. Thanks for your blessing. We really appreciate it. I think we should leave now, it's getting late," I in. Woobin shoots a glare at me and quickly removes the glare with a nice smile. 

"I didn't realize how beautiful you were until now," Woobin smiles. Hyunshik is beyond belief. I stopped in my tracks and look over at Hyunshik. 

"We're leaving now," Hyunshik says as he grabs my wrist and walks away but someone ended up grabbing my other wrist. I turned back to see who it was....it was Jongsuk. 

"You guys just got here. Stay longer. Afterall, this party is for you two," Jongsuk says. 

"Let go of her. And like she said, it's getting late," Hyunshik sneers. Jongsuk laughs in amazement. 

"Wahh, this guy really thinks he's something huh?" Jongsuk laughs. 

"Just let them be," Woobin says. Jongsuk lets go of my hand and winks at me. 

"I'll see you again someday Chae Misoon," Jongsuk says. 

"SUNGJAE! Let's go," Hyunshik yells. Sungjae lifts his head up from his food and quickly ran to Hyunshik. 

"Hyung we just got here," Sungjae says. 

"Well we're leaving," Hyunshik says. 

"My parents aren't with me. I got dropped off here," Sungjae says. 

"Just ride with us Sungjae. I'm sure your parents will be okay with it," I suggested. "You can spend the night with us," 

"Oh but...."

"But what?" 

"Nothing. Okay I'll go home with you guys," Sungjae smiles and hops in the car. 

"Are you sure you can drive all the way home?" I ask Hyunshik. "It's a long drive," 

"Doesn't matter, I'll make it," Hyunshik says, still pissed off. Sungjae just stays silent in the awkward atmosphere and started looking outside the window. I do the same and quickly started falling asleep. I wonder what made Hyunshik so angry. 

 


 

Alright this a such a late update but YAY! I finally got it up. The hotel is a real place. It's called Shangri La Hotel if you guys were wondering. And yeah I added Kim Woobin and Lee Jongsuk into the story. You guys probably don't listen to Pretty Ricky because everyone here is a KPOP fan but just wanted to put something nonkpop for a second.