Picking Out a Dress

Life Isn't That Easy

I had no idea how or why I decided to bring up the engagment early but, the sooner the better right? I guess not. This is kind of nerve-wrecking. I have to meet up with my mom and Hyunshik to pick out a dress for the engagment. 

"Where are you?" Hyunshik asks. 

"I'm in the store already, come inside," I wave at Hyunshik through the store's window. 

"Oh, I brought DaeHo and the rest of BTOB if you don't mind." Hyunshik says while walking in. "Peniel had a 'meeting' to attend so he won't be coming,"

"Alright. It's okay, the more people the more opinions right?" I tried to make this sound great but, I couldn't convince myself.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Hyunshik-shi" My mother bows. 

"Just call me Hyunshik, I'll be your son-in-law soon," Hyunshik smiles. "Alright, now go ahead and pick some dresses we'll wait for you," 

"I can't believe I'm in here," Ilhoon says in digust.

"You'll be in here in the future," EunKwang says. 

"You should already have been in here," Ilhoon remarks. 

"Ouch, that hurts. I'm not that old." Eunkwang says. As time went on by, my mother picked out a few dresses and so I tried on each and every single one of them. 

Dress #1: 

koreanbreakfast.jpg

"Okay, here's the first dress. I'm coming out," I slowly opened the curtains and everyone's face looked unreadable. 

"Misoon, that's not suitable" Eunkwang calmly says.

"It's ugly. Go and change," Ilhoon bluntly states. 

"I agree with him," I went back in and changed.

 

Dress #2:

koreanbreakfast.jpg

 

"Uhm, what is going on?" SungJae drops his jaw.

"I don't really like this dress either," I commented.

"Do you guys even know how to pick out dresses?" Ilhoon states. 

"Sister-in-law, we aren't in the 1900s" ChangSeob says nicely. 

"I got it, I'll go change" I went back in and changed into my third dress.

 

Dress#3:

koreanbreakfast.jpg

 

"How's this one?" I ask. "It's plain and simple,"

"Too plain, go back in and change," Ilhoon says. 

"Don't you think she's getting tired from changing too much?" Hyunshik asks. 

"Well, then go help her find a better dress. Everyone go pick out a dress. We are having a crisis here," Ilhoon says. 

"Alright, then let's all gather here when we've all finished picking a dress." Eunkwang says. They all dash through the store picking out dresses decisively. 

"You're lucky that these people care enough about your appearance," my mother whispers. I go back into the dressing room and undress myself, waiting for the next dress to come in. 

------

"Alright, is everyone done?" Minhyuk asks. 

"Yeh!" they chorused. 

"Alright now, let's give these dresses to you and we'll wait and see," Changseob hands the dresses to my mother and she hands them to me. 

"Okay, now hurry up! I wanna see!" Hyunshik roots. 

"Me too!" Daeho says. 

 

Dress #4(Picked by EunKwang):

koreanbreakfast.jpg

I stepped out and Ilhoon observes me meticulously.

"Alright, now turn around." Ilhoon commands. I did a little twirl and everyone's eyes widen. 

"Who chose this dress?" Hyunshik enrages. Eunkwang lowers his head as he raises his hand. "Yah! She's going to be my wife and you choose a dress that reveals her this much. Andwae, you are going to go back in and change"

Hyunshik pushes me into the dressing room and I go and try on another dress.

 

Dress #5(Chosen by ChangSeob):

koreanbreakfast.jpg

I step out and see a group of people giving me an awful look.

"I know it's hideous. I'm going to change," I sulk. 

"Changseob, that's such an ugly dress. Do you have no sense?" SungJae scolds. 

"Hey, let's see if yours is any better." Changseob merongs. 

 

Dress #6(Chosen by SungJae):

koreanbreakfast.jpg

 

"Oh, that's a pretty dress but, don't you think it's a little short?" Hyunshik criticizes. 

"I agree," I comment. 

"Alright, let's get you changed," My mother says. 

"But, it was a pretty dress. Just needs to be longer," Minhyuk comments. SungJae looks at Changseob and gives him a merong. 

 

Dress #7(Chosen by Minhyuk):

koreanbreakfast.jpg

"What the heck is this?" Changseob laughs. 

"She looks like a weirdo," Eunkwang laughs along. 

"Minhyuk, I can so tell that you picked that out," SungJae says.

"What? How do you know?" Minhyuk defends himself.

"Because it says Minhyuk hyung all over it," SungJae laughs. 

"That's just an ugly dress period." Hyunshik says. 

"Go and change," Ilhoon says. 

"Gosh, these boys and their judging," I murmur. 

"They are only helping you," My mother whispers. 

"I know," I pout. 

 

Dress #8(Chosen by IlHoon):

koreanbreakfast.jpg

"Prepare to be amazed!" Ilhoon stands up in confidence. I walk out and all eyes were sparkling. 

"Okay, that's not a bad choice." Hyunshik says. 

"It's so beautiful," My mother says. 

"Noona, yeppuda~" DaeHo blurts. 

"Alright, everyone loves it. Let's just choose this one," Ilhoon says. 

"No, we have to see the rest. What if there's something better huh?" Hyunshik says. 

"Fine," Ilhoon gives in and watches me go back in. 

 

Dress #9(Chosen by Hyunshik/Daeho):

koreanbreakfast.jpg

"Wow, this is a good dress too!" SungJae excites. 

"Not bad, but mine suits the party better," Ilhoon says. 

"I didn't choose this, Daeho did" Hyunshik says.

"No wayyyy!" Changseob gets up and picks up Daeho. 

"AHAHA, Even a kid can do better than Changseob" SungJae laughs. 

"Okay guys, last dress. Misoon ppali!" Minhyuk says. 

 

Dress #10 (Chosen by Peniel):

koreanbreakfast.jpg

"I like this dress. Who chose it?" I twirl and look at myself in the mirror. Everyone looked at one another and no one said a thing. "None of you guys chose this dress?"

"A guy named Peniel sent that over here," one of the seamstresses said. 

"Peniel?" we all chorused.

"Who's Peniel?" My mom asked. 

"He's part of this lil gang," I pointed at BTOB.

"Oh," She nods. 

"Wait, Peniel actually sent a girl a dress?" Minhyuk walks over to me and observes each inch of the dress. 

"Seems like a good one too," Ilhoon states. 

"Wow, he cares so much for you that he suggested a dress for you," ChangSeob says. 

"You said that he sent it over here?" Hyunshik asks the seamstress. 

"Yeh," she replies.

"That means that this dress was already bought. This dress is a gift. Was there anything else that came with it?" Hyunshik asks while still being stunned at Peniel's thoughtful gesture. 

"Yeh, there was a card." the seamstress hands Hyunshik the card. 

Here it reads: 

Congrats! Sorry I couldn't meet up with you guys today but, I'm sure you guys can pick out a lovely dress without me. Here's a little present for my future sister-in-law. Wear this dress when you seem like it's right to wear it. Anywho, have fun losers!

-y Peniel <3

"Wow, even in his cards it sounds creepy," I say to myself. 

"Okay so which dress would you like?" my mom asks me. I wasn't sure. The last three I tried on seemed to be perfect. 

"Uhm, if I had to choose. I would like to pick Ilhoon's dress," I state.

"Ah-ha! Yes! I knew it," Ilhoon celebrates by himself. 

"Okay well I'm buying the dress that Daeho and Ilhoon chose because I can," Hyunshik says and grabs the dresses from the seamstress and walks over to the cashier. 

"I can't believe it's happening. You're going to be related to us," SungJae hugs me. "Oh sorry, I forgot that you don't like skinship," 

"Aha, it's okay SungJae," I slightly laugh. 

"Well, I'm hungry. Let's go eat!" Eunkwang says while stretching. 

"Oh yeah! Eating time! I'll treat us today!" Changseob says. "Did you close the cafe Eunkwang?"

"Of course, I said that we're closed all day," Eunkwang says. 

"Ah yeah, let's go eat at the restaurant across from us." SungJae points over the restaurant across from us. 

"Okay! Let's go!" Daeho says cutely. 

While gathering my things one of the seamstresses walked over to me. 

"You seem to be marrying into a lovely family. They seem to care about you a lot," she says. 

"Oh thank you," I reply. She walks out and leaves me thinking that BTOB wasn't so bad. They did their best in trying to help me today. I'm pretty sure if I was to choose a dress for myself I'd be the laughing stalk of the party. Thank you BTOB. Thank You.

"Are you ready? Let's go. Hyunshik is waiting for you," my mom grabs all my things and walks me out. "I thought maybe these people would be very arrogant and naughty but, they were really helpful today,"

"I know Uhmma. I know. They are pretty great huh?" I whisper. We both giggle our way into the restaurant and start to order. SungJae grabs a glass and makes a toast.

"To the future Mr. and Mrs. Lim!" he says. 

"CHEERS!" they all chorused.