Oh Wait A Minute

Life Isn't That Easy

"Chae Misoon, please don't leave me. I love you. We can be together, I'll always protect you," GiKwang pleads.

"Gikwang, I can't do this. You're a vampire. We can't be together," I try to compromise with him but it doesn't seem like he was here for that. I can tell he only wanted me to go with him. Back to his home. 

"Misoon. I love you. Please don't do this," Gikwang is on the verge of tears. I was going to cry too. He holds onto my shoulders. 

"GiKwang. You know I love you but, it's forbidden." I give him one last smile before I walk away. He runs to me and grabs my arm pulling me into a hug. I try to pull away but he holds me tightly and whispers into my ears.

"Do I have permission to kiss you?" he asks. My eyes widen and I started nodding unknowingly. He gets closer to me as I start to tighten my eyes. I could already feel his breath against my skin.

"YAH! CHAE MISOON! IREONAH! Aish, you're going to be late on your first day," My mother throws a pillow at me.

"YAH! UHMMMMAAAA~ I ALMOST KISSED GIKWANG! WHY DIDN'T YOU COME LATER?" I scream from the top of my lungs. My dreams are forever ruined because of this lady.

"BWOH? YAH! I'M YOUR MOTHER!" My mother got in her kung fu position. Uh Oh! I knew I was going to get it big time. I slowly step back from her as she started to approach me.

"Wait, Uhmma. Wait, we can settle this. Okay?" I say calmly. 

"Settle? Oh ho no, there's no settling this time," my mother jumps on me and pins me down. She twists my arm as I flip and fall to the ground. "Ah ha! Your old lady still has it!" She jumps up and down as I lay there on the floor.

"Uhmma...." I struggle to say. Her strength was way better than mine. 

"Aigoo, this girl dares to dream about an idol. She can't even make friends," she murmurs as she walks down the hallway.

"UHMMA! I HEARD THAT!" I yell.

"YOU WERE MEANT TO HEAR IT!" she fights back. She stomps into my room again and opens my blinds. I cover my eyes in pain and glare at her. She gives me a merong and tells me to eat. 

This is how my mornings usually go. Fights and almost kiss scenes with GiKwang. This time my dream was about how he was a vampire. It was so hot! But, I've never had a kiss scene and I hope to save it for Gikwang, the hottest member of BEAST. He's so perfect! From the way he walks, to his dancing, to his muscles, to his smile and to his hair that never seems to move when he's talking. The sad part is that he's 20 and I'm 17. I'm too young for him but, I think that age is only a number. That's what Junhyung said. He's the rapper of BEAST. He's currently gaining popularity because he's dating Hara from KARA. Ahahaha, that rhymes! Get it? No? See this is why I don't make friends. Well anywho, I got ready and dressed up for my first day. I skipped breakfast because I knew my mother was going to mock me. Before I left, she handed me a map to the school. She told me that I had to walk there because she has an early meeting today. She always does. Oh, you might be wondering where my father is...or you might not but I'm going to tell you about him anyway. He left me and my mother when I was in the 6th grade. I don't know why or where he's gone but, I'm kind of glad he left. If he was still here, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have such a sister-like mother. Anyways, back to my journey to school. 

"Aish, she makes such confusing maps," I complain. "She doesn't do anything right."

"Oh, what are you looking for?" a guy with huge muscles asks me.

"Uhh..I was told not to talk to strangers!" I ran away as fast as I could. He was a cutie but, I'm not used to meeting new people yet. He gives a slight laugh and watches me run.

"You already spoke to me!" he says. I ignore him and just kept running. Just as I was running, I saw a whole bunch of kids walking through a school gate. 

"Oh this is where it is," I gape and pushed myself to walk in. I already had my schedule at hand but, now I had to look for it. "2-B, 2-B,2-B" I kept whispering to myself. I seriously felt stupid because everyone was already in their classes and I was the only one in the hallway.

"Aye, you!" a guy yells. "Get to class! I'll give you detention!" 

"Oh, uhm...I'm a new student." I lower my head to keep away from eye contact. 

"Let me see your schedule," the guy grabs my schedule and takes a look. He looked like he was getting bald and wore an Adidas workout outfit. He didn't seem to have a nametag on him. "Alright, lost one. Come here, you go down this hallway and go to the third room on the right."

"Okay, thank you." I bow before I walked away. I walked around the hallway until I saw the room the guy lead me to. I slowly opened the door and walked inside. All the students and the teacher looked at me. "Sorry I'm late" I murmur.

"Oh it's okay.  You must be the new student I heard about. I was just telling my students that you were coming. Come in, I already chose a seat for  you to sit in," the teacher says. "Well class, this is Chae MiSoon. She'll be a part of our family starting today."

"Hi Chae Misoon!" the class chorused. 

"Annyeonghasaeyo," I bowed. 

"Alright, Misoon. I'm Ms. Kwon. Your homeroom teacher, nice to meet you," Ms. Kwon smiles.

"Nice to meet you too," I bow. 

"Okay, I don't want you to stand up here any longer. I think I've embarassed you enough. Alright, you sit right over there. Next to Yang YoonRi. Yang YoonRi, please raise your hand." Ms. Kwon says. A girl sitting all the way in the back at the center of the room raises her hand. "Alright, you'll be sitting there for the year."

I walk my way over to the girl. She smiles at me as I sit down. 

"Hi," she says.

"Hi," I reply awkwardly. She giggles at me and her smile gets even bigger.

"You don't seem like a people person," she whispers. I shake my head and try my best to not look at her. "Alright, Misoon. I'll stop bothering you for today," 

At that moment, the door opens slowly and Ms. Kwon looks in the direction of the door. 

"You guys are late again? Must be hard keeping up with the cafe huh?" Ms. Kwon says with sympathy.

"Yeh, Ms. Kwon. We won't be late tomorrow.  We promise. We are hiring a new person today," the boy's face beams and his eyes turn into a smile as he walks to the back. I look up and recognize the boy as the one who was trying to help me this morning. Ohhh, this is so embarassing. I cover my face with the piece of paper on my desk. 

"Okay, now you two boys sit down. We need to start class." Ms. Kwon laughs. As the two boys sit down whispers fill the room. I look up to see what the teacher was writing and from the corner of my eye I see that he is sitting right next to me. 

"That's the new girl," I heard a boy say to the muscular boy. He turns his head to my direction. I try not to look and glue my eyes to the blackboard. 

"Oh, you must be the new girl. Hi I'm Lim HyunShik," the boy turns his body to my direction. I turn my head to see him and he starts to laugh. I lower my head and looked away. "You're the girl from this morning. Well, now you can't call me a stranger. Now, what's your name?"

"Hyunshik-shi, are you talking already?" Ms.Kwon warns. 

"Oh, Sorry Ms.Kwon but, you didn't tell me about the newcomer." Hyunshik smiles.

"Well, now you see her. Pay attention Mr. Lim," she says. 

"Arasso, Ms. Kwon." He salutes to her. 

As the day goes by, he doesn't say a single word and actually pays attention to what the teacher is lecturing about. The focus was amazing in the classroom and soon the room was filled with the smell of food. 

"Aeeee, I'm so hungry," YoonRi moans. Just then, I heard my stomach growl. I should've eaten breakfast this morning. 

DING DONG DAENG DONG DING DING DAENG DONG

All of the students ran out as fast as they could. Great, I'm going to have to eat in the bathroom like those girls in the American movies. 

"I heard your stomach growling, you hungry?" Hyunshik asks as he walks over to me. 

"Oh, uhhh...yeah. I'm going to get some food right now soo uhh..yeah," I walk away leaving an awkward silence. I could feel myself hurting Hyunshik's pride but, too late to worry about that. I'm hungry.

I walk into the cafeteria with all of the tables filled. There were no empty seats. I'm definitely going to turn into those American chicks. I got myself in line and tried not to worry about who I was going to sit with. When I got to the register I looked around for my money but, I couldn't find it. Great, first no seat to sit and now no money for food. 

"Do you have the money?" the lunch lady growls. 

"Oh uh-" I was suddenly stopped by the money handed to the lunch lady. I look up to see Hyunshik smiling at me. 

"She has money," Hyunshik smiles. The lunch lady blushes and nods. "I knew you were going to have no money today, why don't you sit with us at lunch? It seems like you don't have anywhere to sit,"

"Uhm, thank you for paying for me but, I don't think I can sit with you today," I reply. He looks right at my eyes and I quickly avert my eyes away from his. 

"Okay, so you are going to eat with us? Alright!" He exclaims and grabs my arm. He pulls me to a table full of cute dudes and forces me to sit down. "Okay guys, this is Chae MiSoon. The girl I met this morning." 

I look around at the boys who were staring at me. 

"Hi, I'm Lee Minhyuk. I sit next to Hyunshik in class. I was late with him this morning," he smiles at me and hands me a spoon and a pair of chopsticks. "You'll need those."

"Oh, this is a first. You're the first girl to sit here. Congrats!" a boy with orange hair sarcastically says. I could feel the wrath he was giving me. 

"Be nice, she's not used to this school yet." Hyunshik comforts. 

"Alright, well I'm Jung Ilhoon." He gets up from his slouching position and puts out his hand. I just stare at it and gave him a confused look. "It's an American way to say hello. You grab my hand and shake it." 

"Uh, I'm not good with skinship...so, I rather not touch your hand. You guys are all strangers to me," I quietly say to not try and hurt their feelings. 

"Oh, I see. You are quite weird." Ilhoon fixes his jacket and gets back into his slouching position.

"Excuse him. I'm Yook SungJae! Noona~" He sings. I cringe at the word. Did he just call me noona? But, he's so tall.

"Noona?" I ask confused. 

"Yeah, I'm only in 1-C..Hehe" He laughs awkwardly while petting the back of his hair. 

"Oh, I see..But, you don't have to call me that. It's fine," I murmur.

"Are we scaring you? I don't want to scare you," SungJae pouts. 

"No, it's just hard for me to communicate with people," I say softly.

"You are very shy, I see." Hyunshik examines. "Well, don't worry. I'll change that. You'll soon be very comfortable with us. I promise!" 

After a few moments of them interrogating me a boy comes and sits down right next to me. 

"Oh, who are you? You smell nice," the boy smirks. I back away from him and start chowing down my food. 

"Don't scare her," Hyunshik slaps the boy. 

"Well, who is she?" the boy complains.

"She is Chae MiSoon. Class of 2-B. She's new here," SungJae says proudly.

"Oh, Ms. Chae. You smell very lovely," the boy gives me a creepy smile. "I'm Shin Donggeun but, you can call me Peniel. That's what the ladies call me," 

"Okay, stop flirting with her. She doesn't like it. She's very shy," SungJae tries to protect me by pushing Donggeun away. 

"I was just trying to get to know her," Donggeun smiles. "She looks very innocent," he his lips. 

"Uh..I should go. I mean I don't seem like I would fit in at this table. Thank you Hyunshik for letting me sit here but, I have to go." I got up and threw my food away. I ran into the homeroom where some people were eating. 

"Oh, MiSoon-ah! I was looking for you but, then I saw you talking to Hyunshik so I didn't bother," YoonRi says.

"Oh well, it was quite awkward for me to sit there so I just left," I reply. To my surprise, it was quite easy to talk to YoonRi. I have no idea how I just talked so well with her. She was the only person I could look at right in the eye. 

"It must be Peniel huh?" she questions.

"Huh?" I was thrown back by her assumption. How did she know?

"Well, he's the school flirt. The one who has done all of the pretty girls in the school and he only talks to the pretty ones. I heard that he's even gone home with a teacher once," she whispers. I gasp as she nods. "He's good looking but, very arrogant. Kinda like Gu JoonPyo. Have you seen that drama?"

"Boys Over Flowers?" I ask. She nods and claps her hands together.

"Yes! That one, he's like all of those guys combined!" she exagerrates. 

"Oh, I see. He's quite something then," I murmur to myself. I gave myself a worried look. I personally was getting kinda creeped out by Donggeun. 

"So, did he talk to you? Did he give you permission to call him Peniel?" She asks.

"Y-yeh," she gets up from her chair and freaks out. She yanks my arm and bursts into happiness.

"Noooo wayyyy! He totally digs you!" She says.

"But, didn't you say that-"

"Yes, indeed and he talked to you. Which means you are pretty, and I cannot deny that fact but, you are very cool," She started talking very fast and then slow when she said I was cool. 

"How am I cool?" I ask. 

"Well first, you got Hyunshik to let you sit at their table. He's the very muscular guy with a very sweet eye smile. I personally think he's the cool one of the group," YoonRi says happily.

"Group?"

"Oh, you have lots to learn dear one. Okay I'll start over. Okay?

First, you have the lovely Lim HyunShik. The very muscular man with the sweet eye smile.

tumblrmakzix2gyp1rn86lw.jpg

 

Second is the guy with the good looks and intelligence. Lee Minhyuk.

tumblrmdrcze26a41rgrmlt.png

 

Third is the guy with the bad boy aura, Jung Ilhoon. 

tumblrmdp14wjdsd1rk7kk8.png

 

Fourth is the flirtatous, non- playboy, Shin Donggeun. Otherwise known as Peniel. 

tumblrmd8lp8yyec1rjxiqe.jpg

 

And last but not least is Yook SungJae, the cutesy maknae who knows nothing about love or school. 

tumblrmdj2jivy9f1r209fm.png

 

and there's more but, they are the only ones you should worry about. They are the sons of very rich people. I mean no wonder, they look so great! Most of us can never get a chance because of the gaps of the different classes." YoonRi explains.

"Why should I be worry about them?" I ask. But, I really wanted to know. I don't need to worry about them right?

"Well, a lot of girls like them so there's a lot of competition if you want any of them and I guess you can say they are popular. They have their own fan club called Melody and they formed their own band, BTOB. Stands for Born To Beat. Cool right?" Yoonri started going into fangirl mode. 

"Yoonri..." I tapped her shoulder as she stared at the ceiling. "YoonRi?"

"Huh? Oh, sorry. I tend to do that a lot when I think of them. But, if you don't fall for any of them then you are okay I guess. I don't really know because no one talks to them because they are scared of being run over by a whole bunch of fans." YoonRi yaps. 

"So, I shouldn't worry right? I mean he came up to me. I didn't talk to him,"

"Well, you might have haters. I wouldn't know. No one has ever been in this position. But, good luck to you! Hwaiting!" She says as the bell rings. One by one, the students started to fill the room and I tried my best to not look at the door. I knew it would only be bad for me if I kept in contact with BTOB. 

"Hey, I'm sorry about earlier. I talked to Donggeun. So don't worry okay? When you sit with us tomorrow he won't do anything. I promise," Hyunshik says in a calming tone. 

"It's okay. I'll be sitting with Yoonri tomorrow. Don't worry so much about me. We are only strangers," I say quietly. He smiles and looks at Yoonri. She beams her eyes at Hyunshik and her eyes started to sparkle. 

"Alright then, if you need anything then just come get me." Hyunshik says. Why would I need to come to you if I need something? He is seriously weird I mean he acts like I'm his sister or something. This guy seriously. 

"Wow, he seems worried about you," YoonRi whispers. 

"I don't see why he should be," I whisper back. YoonRi frowns and starts listening to the last lecture of the day. I couldn't focus as much. Seeing what happened today made me feel like there's no luck for me whatsoever. I have no idea why Hyunshik is so nice to me and I don't understand why my mom made me get a job. I just want to leave and go to the work place so I can go home. 

When school was over I walked over to the cafe my mother showed me. 

"This must be it," I say to myself. I took in a deep breath before I walked in. "I can do this," 

As I walk in, I saw SungJae and a guy cleaning the tables. I saw an unfamiliar guy standing there drying his hands with a towel. 

"Oh, you must be Chae MiSoon! Nice to meet you, your mother told me a lot about you. I'm Seo Eunkwang, the owner of this cafe," The blonde hair man said. 

"My mom?" I say confused.

"Yeah, she came here to give you a job right? I was wondering why she did it for you but, she seems like a loving mother." EunKwang says. "Well, first I just need you to sign here and you'll start tomorrow." 

I signed the paper to where Eunkwang pointed and gave him a small smile and bow before I left. 

"Oh wait, I need to introduce you the crew before you leave. This is Yook SungJae, Shin Donggeun, Lee Minhyuk, Jung Ilhoon, Lee Changseob and Lim Hyunshik," Eunkwang points to all of them who are standing there looking at me. Hyunshik, Minhyuk and SungJae smile and wave at me. 

"Oh wait a minute," I say as I think about the whole day. They knew I was going to work here all along because even Eunkwang knew my name before I even said it. No wonder Hyunshik was so nice to me. But, why did my mom choose this place over the other cafe? Did she know that there are only guys working here? But, wait wait wait I can't process all of this at once. First, I didn't eat breakfast. Second, I didn't bring lunch money. Third, Hyunshik is being way too nice to me. Fourth, I'M WORKING WILL ALL DUDES? Today really isn't my day. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phew! How was my first chapter? I liked writing this a lot. Aha, I really didn't want to make Peniel a and make Ilhoon mean but, I just had to. Hehe....Don't kill me? Well, I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! :)