Key's high school love

Red-haired devil

 

- Onew POV -

 

“They had an argument again? They are both so stubborn, why can’t they just love each other. Aish.”

 

My girlfriend flies her arms in the air like a real drama queen.

 

“They didn’t fight,” I say in a very serious, sad tone.

“What!? Why did they break up then?”

“They decided it’s better not to be in a relationship.”

“Better for who?” Soo Min stares at me with her big doe eyes.

 

I struggle to find the correct words, if there are words to describe this horrible situation.

 

“Them, SHINee, our fans, everyone.”

“Better for SHINee?” she squeals in a high pitched voice. “Haven’t you noticed how depressed you all are? You think they can continue like this; living together, knowing they love each other, but not being able to share or express that love? Our relationship is also dangerous, but if you love each other it doesn’t matter what the rest of the world thinks.”

“It’s a little more complicated for them, angel.”

“Because they are both men?”

“And they are idols.”

“You’re an idol too.”

“I don’t have a lunatic stalker.”

 

The words that were supposed to stay in my heart found their way to my tongue. I mentally facepalm myself.

 

“Lunatic stalker?” Soo Min repeats my words in a questioning tone.

 

I burnt my bridges, I’ve said too much. Now I can only explain the whole situation, even though I promised my dongsaengs to keep my mouth shut. Sorry Key, sorry Jonghyun, sorry everyone for being so loose-lipped. Fortunately Key forgot his purse here, so I look for the brown envelop that contains the evidence I need to summarize what has happened the day before.

 

*Flashback*

 

It was Christmas, but we didn’t have any time to celebrate it. We entered our dorm after our last evening practice. Tomorrow we would fly to Japan and our own independent tour ‘SHINee World’ would be kicked off finally.

 

Minho carried a sleeping Taemin towards their shared bedroom and probably fell asleep himself since the bedroom turned completely silent. All of us were dead tired from the hours of dancing and singing, but the excitement and the stress were running through my veins. I wouldn’t be able to catch some sleep the next few hours so I decided to get some food in the kitchen. The two remaining band mates, the love birds, followed my track to the living room – which you have to pass when you want to reach food in the kitchen. The apartment’s keys fell out of my hands as I noticed an unfamiliar figure sitting in our couch. Just as my dongsaengs’, my jaw dropped when the red-haired girl turned her head and smiled. Maybe it should have looked like a friendly smile, but it was all but friendly; it looked false, scheming, dangerous.

 

“Kibumie!” the girl yelled.

 

She stood up and ran to us, avoiding  every one of us to fall upon Key in the end. Jonghyun’s jaw dropped even lower, his eyes flashing lightning bolts to the girl around his boyfriend’s neck. Agreed, Key’s the couple’s drama queen, but you know  what they say: ‘if you lie down with the dogs, you will get up with fleas. I chuckled lightly at the unusual sight of a jealous Jonghyun. However I quickly returned to reality with the female stranger in our living room.

 

“Excuse me, who are you and how did you enter our home?” I asked since Jonghyun was just staring in silence at the squealing girl.

 

The girl broke the hug, letting Key breathe again and stared at me with her almond eyes.

 

“I’m sorry, Onew-oppa. I know Key from high school, he was a junior and was head over heels in love with me.”

“What!?” Jonghyun and Key shouted in unison.

“I know you probably don’t want to admit the past since you’re pretty famous now. But, Kibumie, how can you forget love?”

 

Me and the other two guys keep our eyes fixed on the pale-skinned girl. Key’s high school love? I couldn’t believe my ears. Key took a step back reaching Jonghyun’s side. A wave of confusion and fear washed over his features. Was he afraid of the stranger in our dorm or of the fact that his past might ruin his present?

 

“I…I…don’t…know…you,” Key stammered after a while.

 

The girl smirked before a hurt expression plastered on her pale white face.

 

“It’s been a while. After I graduated I went to America to attend college, I returned a few months  ago and when I saw you on stage I was so proud of you, Kibumie… or should I say Key now? The moment I heard you singing I fell in love with you again. At school I’ve never admitted it, but I was mad about you and I regret that I’ve never confessed my feelings towards you although I knew yours. I was a coward and I want to make up the mistake I made back then. It took a very long time to get in touch with you – these security guards do their job well – but I’ve finally found you. Kibumie, look how handsome you’ve become.”

 

She stepped closer to Key and reached her hand out to his face. The rapper yelped in fear. Suddenly the hand was slapped away, making it the girl’s turn to yelp. Jonghyun pushed his muscular body between his lover’s and the girl’s. His eyes were still shooting lightning bolts, but these weren’t because of jealousy, these were because he could sense his boyfriend’s fear.

 

“Leave him alone,” Jonghyun ordered with a deep, furious voice.

 

The female stranger stared emotionless into our lead singer’s eyes, seemingly not impressed by his threatening voice, before she returned her eyes back to the rapper.

 

“So this is your replacement for me? Because I didn’t answer your love you let yourself in with HIM? He’s a guy, Kibumie. That’s wrong, very very wrong.”

“How… how do… how do you know about us?”

 

Key’s voice cracked at the end of his sentence.

 

“It’s quite obvious, Kibumie. When you look at him your eyes are almost the same as when they looked  at me at school. And his eyes are always filled with lust, like he wants to eat you up or something. This ert turned my lovely Kibumie into a lust machine.”

“STOP!” Key screamed at the top of his lungs.

 

He stepped from behind Jonghyun’s protective arms and stood in front of the red-haired girl.

 

“Stop, girl (in the name of love ;))! You’re lying and insulting us… You better leave before I kick you out!”

 

*FB end*