The eyes of a traitor

Red-haired devil

Can I be proud of myself for finishing this chapter in one day?

Big thanks to my friend 'Awkwardcat', who helped me with the outline of this chapter

Umma loves Cat <3

And of course also thanks to you, my subbies and silent readers who never stopped supporting me.

I also love you, guys <3

---

 

- Jonghyun POV -

 

I let out a deep sigh when I hang up the phone. Noona had made it very clear: I had to talk to Key to find out what had upset him, and she would try to reach Onew and have a decent conversation with him. In theory, it seems like an excellent plan, but putting it into practice would be a little more difficult. When angry, both boys are stubborn and irrational, and the most horrible listeners on earth. But no matter what, I am determined (and a little desperate) to have a one-to-one conversation with Key to clear out this misunderstanding.

 

I get up from the couch to make a cup of strong coffee when I hear Onew’s voice coming from the bedroom, which I normally share with Key. I move a little closer to the door so I can hear his voice even better.

 

“I’m really sorry, Key-ah, but I can’t cancel this schedule. Will you be fine?”

 

Key’s humming sleepy voice is the only answer I hear.

 

“The two of you are the only one who don’t have schedules. Are you sure you will be fine alone with him at home?”

 

Oh yeah, that’s right. Minho and Taemin already left about an hour ago, before I made the phone call to Soomin. I had locked myself up in the bathroom when they left, so they wouldn’t see my horrible, puffy, red cheeks. I smile softly. This is my chance to have a private conversation with Key. No one in the dorm to protect him, no bodyguard Onew.

 

“Don’t worry too much, hyung. I’ll be fine. I can handle him.”

 

Why does it sound as if I were a dangerous criminal that would hurt him? I would never hurt the man I love… at least not intentionally.

 

“Okay, then I’ll take my leave. You can call me anytime. You know that, right?”

 

Another small hum from Key. Then I hear footsteps nearing the bedroom door. I quickly run to the kitchen before Onew would catch me eavesdropping on their conversation. Only a few seconds later, does Onew open the door. He heads straight to the kitchen, where I am still busy making my coffee, to grab something to eat. He turns back around, heads to the living room and the hall, and – without saying a single word – he leaves.

 

I wait for a while, an hour or something, until Key exits his bedroom. I gather all my courage and wander to the living room, where the rapper has switched on the TV. When I’m standing next to the couch, I call the beautiful rapper’s voice in a tiny, squeaky voice. However, the first time I don’t get any response. Thus, I try once more.

 

“What do you want, Jonghyun?”

 

Key turns his head and stares at me with one of his infamous dead glares. If stares could kill, I would have died here and now. I swallow, trying to get rid of the thick lump in my throat, before I speak again.

 

“Can I talk to you, please?” I ask in the most tender voice I can produce at the moment.

“I don’t have anything to say to you,” he answers bitterly.

“I think you have,” I bite back.

“No, I don’t.”

“Yes, you have.”

“No, I don’t!” he yells loudly.

 

His voice was strong and filled with anger, his eyes were blazing. I am so surprised that I believe my tongue has frozen, so I surprise even myself by answering back in a steady voice.

“Apparently you’re angry with me for some reason, but I have no clue what I did to upset you.”

“Well, then you’re even stupider than I thought you were.”

“If I’m that stupid, then please just explain me what I did wrong. Tell me, so I can fix it.”

“I don’t want to,” he answers firmly, getting up on his feet.

 

Before he can leave, I grab his wrist and try to turn him around.

 

“Don’t touch me with your filthy hands!” he shouts as he shakes off my hand and runs to the entrance door.

 

“Key, please look into my eyes,” I say, running after him. “Can’t you see that I really have no idea why you’re angry?”

“I don’t want to look in the eyes of a cheater, a traitor,” is the last thing he says before he leaves, slamming the front door, making me wince at the bang.

 

I groan and hit the wall with my fist in utter frustration. I hate making the other upset, but it is so irritating when he doesn’t want to tell me what is going on. He always tells me that he can read my face without a problem, that I am an open book to him, that I can’t lie to him even if I would try. So why can’t he see the honesty in my eyes this time?

 

- No one POV -

 

Jonghyun was, however not the only who winced at the loud bang of the shutting entrance door. During their dispute, the two fighting men were so preoccupied with their negative feelings, their jealousy and their anger that no one noticed the sobbing coming from behind one of the bedroom doors. The maknae, who didn’t join Minho because he wasn’t feeling well, could hear every single word of the dispute. And the words were making him cry. He wanted to open his bedroom door and yell that they should stop fighting and just love each other again like they used to do. He wanted to run to Key and make him realise that he was acting stupid, but he knew that it was up to Jonghyun to explain the entire situation. However, when Taemin heard Key’s last words and the loud slam of the entrance door, he decided he needed to intervene before this relationship and maybe even more would be ruined.

 

---

I was thinking to myself "how long will it take to bring back that ugly stalker?"

It's been how many chapters now?

Pffff, I should bring her back soon, don't you think?

I guess she'll be back soon (if she wants at least ;)),

but not in the next chapter... not yet =)