Like together together?!

Red-haired devil

 

- Kevin POV -

 

“No, Kevin! I made a promise and I will not break it. So can you please leave?” Soo Min pleads.

“No! I want to know what that guy wants from my boyfriend,” I yell.

“He doesn’t want anything from him. It was me who suggested Soo Hyun could help to solve the problem. It was hard to convince Key and I’m not going to complicate the situation.”

“Still I want to know what’s going on here. And if you won’t tell me now, I’ll drag it out of Soo Hyun later on.”

 

Soo Hyun nods in agreement, knowing I can be really scary when I’m curious and a little jealous – scratch ‘a little’, I’m getting quite jealous at  the moment.

 

“Just tell us what’s going on, Soo Min. Kevin will never mention this conversation. Right, Kev?” Soo Hyun asks in a tender voice.

“It depends.”

“Kev,” his voice sounds more serious now.

“Okay,” I sigh.

““Key is in danger and I need to help him, but I can’t without Soo Hyun’s help,” she tries to explain. “At first he didn’t want your help... Because of the current situation it’s difficult for Key to accept help of a stranger.” She bit her lip, hesitating before she continued. “So I needed some argument that would convince him of your credibility. That’s why... I told him your secret, Soo Hyun.”

“You told him about us!?” I yell furiously.

 

Only a few people have seen me angry before, even the band mates have never experienced a furious Kevin. Therefore it’s understandable that Soo Min is so shocked because of my blazing eyes she can’t even form any proper sentences and casts her eyes downwards in shame. It takes a few minutes before the girl is recovered and is able to speak again.

 

“I didn’t say a thing about your relationship. I never mentioned your name.”

“What secret did you spill then?” I ask, frowning in confusion.

“I told him about Soo Hyun’s ual preference.”

“That’s not any better than telling him about us. He’s your brother for god’s sake! What if Key goes to the press? Soo Hyun’s career will be over, do you realise that?”

 

Soo Hyun only sits there, not saying a word. He’s probably waiting for his sister to tell what is going on for real. He knows her better than I do and knows there has to be something truly wrong if she shares such a secret about her beloved family.

 

“He won’t go to the press, Kevin. First of all he has no evidence, only my word. Secondly he knows how it feels like to be in this kind of situation.”

“This kind of situation?” I repeat Soo Min’s words in a questioning tone.

“A secret love,” Soo Hyun murmurs. “Soo Min, are you suggesting that you are cheating on Onew with Key?!” Soo Hyun suddenly yells, standing up from his seat, scaring both his sister and me.

“What?! Oh no, I’m not cheating on Onew! How dare you think that, Soo Hyun!”

“Wow, wait! You’re with Onew?” I interrupt the conversation.

 

- Soo Min POV  -

 

Indeed Kevin didn’t know anything about my relationship with Onew... until now. We only told our parents and Soo Hyun immediately noticed the love sparkles in my eyes and the constant blush on my cheeks, so it was hard to keep it a secret from him. However since Kevin isn’t official family we didn’t inform him and it seems Soohyun is a better person to a secret with than I am.

 

“That explains why you are so close to them and why you were hanging out with them so often even after Lucifer’s promotions were over,” the Korean American smiles. “So since when are you together?”

 

When it’s about love stories Kevin is always interested.

 

“August.”

“August?! And how long have you known this?” he points an accusing finger to his boyfriend, poking him slightly in the chest.

“Uh… almost from the start? We’re twins after all, such secrets don’t last long between us.”

“You’re at least better in keeping a secret  than your sister is,” the Korean American says, referring to Soo Hyun’s secret I have revealed to Key and the rest of SHINee. 

 

I groan, I hate to see others upset because of something I have done. However time is irreversible and I know I have to take this rough route if I want to save one of the most beautiful relationships I have ever seen.

 

“Soo Min, if you’re not involved  with Key then what has happened to him that made you spill my secret? I mean… telling about my ual preference, how can that be a proof of my trustworthiness?” Soo Hyun asks after a moment of silence.

 

Struggling I try to get my thoughts on the line.

 

“I’m not involved with Key, but, like you mentioned it before, he does have a secret love. Well, it’s no longer a secret anymore, because someone discovered it. Not just someone, a lunatic stalker fan who thinks Key belongs to her! But Key belongs to Jonghyun not to that freak!”

 

Toward the end of my words tears are threatening to fall. My breathing gets heavy as panic strikes my heart again.

 

“Key belongs to Jonghyun?  You’re saying that they’re together… like together together?”

“Yes, Key and Jonghyun are a couple! Like you and Soo Hyun are! But is that the only thing you heard, Kevin?” I sob between the tears that have started to roll down my cheeks. “Some psycho fan knows about their relationship and if they don’t break up and Key doesn’t marry that girl she will reveal everything to the press!”

 

The always talkative Korean American cannot utter a single word anymore, staring at me with blank eyes, mouth agape. Also his boyfriend – my brother – is completely silent. At the moment you can hear a pin drop in the normally brisk kitchen. I can see how they’re both imagining how it would be if it was their relationship on the line, if it was them who were being stalked.

 

“A psycho fan is horrible, but why do you involve us in this? It’s not as if we can help Key and Jonghyun.”

 

My brother is the first to speak again after the dead silence.

 

“Actually you can,” I say, realising there’s still something I need to show them.

 

I get back up my feet, hurry out of the kitchen and head towards the living room where I have left my purse on the coffee table. The rumble in the cuisine indicates the two boys are following my track. I dig into the black purse, searching for the large brown envelop I loathe so much. When I have found what I was looking for, I gesture the two boys to take a seat on the couch. I hand the envelop over to my brother and sit down on his free side.

 

Both Soo Hyun’s and Kevin’s eyes double their regular size when they open the envelop and see the variety of JongKey’s love signs; the seductive whisper, the secret hand lock... the passionate kiss. Once again my heart is crushed and tears well up in the corners of my eyes when I see that particular picture again and I am faced with the danger my friends are in.

 

“Kissing in public is wanting to be discovered, noona. They have been thoughtless to express their love like that in front of people,” the Korean American points to the kiss photo.

“That’s the problem, Kevin! They would NEVER kiss in public. No one could have seen this, it must be edited.”

“It’s not, Soo Min. These pictures are real, all of them.”

 

Soohyun stares at me with an apologizing look in his dark orbs. My world scatters into a thousand pieces.