The love ruiner

Red-haired devil

Hello everyone, I'm BACK! Finally, I'm back!

I'm sooooo sorry for not updating for months now, but I've been quite busy... first with exams and stuff and now during the holidays I've had more plans than I expected (I've been to France, I did some volunteer work and now I'm helping out my aunt at work).

I will summarize the story for who forgot: Soo Min is SHINee's choreographer, Onew's girlfriend and U-kiss' Soohyun's twin sister. Jonghyun and Key are lovers as well. They are facing hardships because of a stalker who's in love with Key and forces him to leave Jonghyun and SHINee. Soo Min is a Jongkey-shipper (like all of us ^^). She's fighting so hard for the boys' relationship that she neglects poor Onew and they (almost) break up. But Key is not planning to let that happen.

I worked hard on the following chapter, so I hope you will enjoy. And I promise I won't take that long anymore to update this story <3 

 

- Key POV -

 

It’s already late at night. Stars are shining in the dark sky, the moon disappears behind a cloud and small snowflakes whirl down to meet the dark asphalt. I pull my scarf a little higher, until it touches my nose and pull my hat over my eyes. It is important that no one recognises me, otherwise I will attract Jonghyun’s attention and the entire spy mission would fail.

 

After a week of strange behaviour from the dino’s side, it’s up to me to see what he’s up to late at night, when no one of the group has a schedule planned.

 

It doesn’t take long before I realise where my boyfriend is heading to… the main office of SM Entertainment. Does he have some  secret schedule which even our leader doesn’t know of? Why didn’t he mention it to me, his trustworthy lover? I become more and more anxious, afraid that what I will see once I enter the enormous white building will shock me even more than I can foresee.

 

I hide behind a black car when Jonghyun suddenly turns around to check his surroundings before entering the SME building. This behaviour makes him look even more suspicious. I come back from behind the black car and tiptoe to the entrance of my “work place”. After I am sure Jonghyun is out of sight, I pull down my scarf and take of my hat to show my face to the security guards. I smile softly and greet them with a silent bow while I step into the huge entrance hall. I quickly head towards the stairs at the right side of the hall, which Jonghyun has taken as well. I practically fly up the stairs, taking two steps at a time. In a jiffy I arrive at the second floor. Which way did Jonghyun go to? I can’t remember as I was focused on the security guards and the dino had already left my sight.

 

Luckily there are only three possibilities: three recording studios, two dance studios and the office of our CEO. The latter isn’t a real option, as the room is completely dark and there is no noise to be heard behind the door. Then my best chances are the recording studios. I can imagine Jonghyun composing his own songs  late at night, when there’s no one to interrupt them. When he’s working on a new song, even at home, he likes silence and peace. There are even times when I can’t enter our bedroom for more than a day, because that dino has an inspiration boost and the music files are spread all over our bed and floor. During those times Onew often offers his bed to me while he sleeps on the couch.

 

A hurtful smile creeps on my lips at the thought of our dubu leader who’s having a hard time because of me. He’s such a nice guy, but he’s heartbroken because I gave him bad advice.  The Almighty Key who thought he knew everything about love ruined the relationship of his best girlfriend and his loyal leader. Plus, I also scared away my own boyfriend. Luckily Taemin and Minho aren’t romantically involved yet. Otherwise I’m sure I would ruin their relationships as well. The love ruiner I am.

 

 I shake my head. Enough self-pity, Kim Kibum! If you are the one who ruined their relationship, you’re the one who has to restore it, right? I unconsciously nod at the question the little voice in my head has asked me.

 

“But first I have to find out what that dino is up to,” I whisper to myself as I head towards the first recording studio.

 

The room is completely dark and the door is locked, just like the other two recording studios. A deep frown forms between my eyebrows. Could it be that Jonghyun, our lead vocal, is in the dance studio? Is he practising our choreography at this time of the day? That would be weird, especially because he’s all alone. If he wants to practise our new dance, he would ask Taemin to help him out. Plus, he wouldn’t be so secretive about it. No, there’s more going on here.

 

With silent feet I head to the first dance studio. There’s still light coming through the small window of the closed door.  As a true spy I push my back against the white wall next to the door. I breathe in and hold my breath as if it would make me invisible. I hear no music coming from the studio, which is quite peculiar. The only things I hear are Jonghyun’s tender voice mumbling something I can’t understand, followed by a girly giggle that sounds quite familiar. However I can’t point out the person the voice belongs to. An annoying feeling forms in the pit of my stomach and I bite my lip nervously before I turn my head to peek through the small window. Do I really want to know who is with my boyfriend and what they are doing? Isn’t my curiosity driving me too far?

 

 It results it is. A pang of jealousy and hurt shoots straight to my heart when I look through the window: two figures are sitting in the middle of the dance floor, their backs turned to the door. The male one, that stupid dino who pretended to be my boyfriend, has his strong, muscular arm wrapped around the fragile shoulders of the girl who pretended to be my best friend. In turn, the girl with her long, beautiful, dark brown hair rests her head on Jonghyun’s shoulder. The strong, protective shoulder I could cry on when I was hurt, the shoulder I could sleep on when I was tired, the shoulder I could lean my head on when the said man pleasured me. I guess I have to look for another shoulder to cry, sleep and rest on.

 

Hurt is what I feel first. A single tear find its way down my cheek as my knees can’t hold my weight any longer and I fall to the ground. But as anger takes over, I realise I can’t stay here, this close to that cheating bastard and that ugly . I get back up on my feet and start to run, away from those two. How could he flirt with his band mate’s girlfriend (when he’s said to be gay and already has a lover)?! And how could she cheat on our leader with one of his dongsaengs (who is already occupied)?!

 

Our leader! I must inform him, I think as I run out of the SME building onto the dark streets. He will be hurt for sure, but he must know what his girlfriend and our lead vocal are doing behind his (and my) back. I don’t care about greeting the security guards or about being recognised by fans or someone else. I push my feet faster and faster, ignoring the burning feeling in my legs. My breathing is reduced to heavy pants and my vision is blurred by hot tears. I turn to the right, into the street where are our dorm is located. Once I enter our apartment my knees gave away and I sink to the floor. Wet tears fall on my hands and on the wooden floor.