The secret bedroom

Red-haired devil

 

A/N: an early update for Soo Min and Soo Hyun's birthday !!

Happy Birthday, oppa! What did you think of U-KISS' comeback?

Tomorrow I'll try to post another chapter. 

Enjoy and don't forget: your comments bring me so much joy

-----

- Soo Min POV - 

 

I enter the bedroom, followed by the obviously nervous couple and my still flushed boyfriend. The two youngest inhabitants of the flat are playing a video game, explosions and gun shots filling the entire condo. Suddenly Taemin’s tingling laugh resonates from the living room.

 

“I think he finally beat Minho,” Key mumbles, smiling softly after hearing his ‘son’s’ laughter.

“It’s about time! That frog was getting way too cocky,” Jonghyun answers, referring to Minho’s competiveness.

 

A smile spreads across my face after seeing the boys smile again. Their happy faces are definitely more handsome than the grumpy versions.

 

“Why are you smiling like an idiot, noona?” Key giggles.

“You’re idiotic smile makes me smile as well,” I retort. “I’m just glad you’re happy again. A depressed  Key isn’t that much fun.”

 

I ran to the rapper, wrapping my arms around his chest. If people would see us, I think a lot of them would mistake us for a couple. He giggles once more and I can feel his hand ruffle my hair.

 

“Hey! He’s my boyfriend.”

 

Jonghyun breaks our hug, pulling his lover into his own arms.

 

“He’s all yours,” I smile, giving the singer an eye-roll.

“What about me?” Onew’s voice suddenly sounds from the door.

 

The leader is leaning against the door frame, a pout forming on his lips.

 

“Come here, poor baby.”

 

This time I run to my boyfriend, straight into his open arms. I lay my head on his chest, inhaling his sweet scent and listening to his heartbeat. He places a quick kiss on the crane of my head, before letting me go.

 

Everyone close to me knows I need a  lot of hugs and affection or the loneliness would kill me, but showing affection to someone – especially someone of the other – when other people are in the room is not done. However with Key and Jonghyun, Onew and I don’t  seem to care. It’s as if we made a silent agreement to not comment on light signs of affections. Maybe it’s because Onew and his friends are always together and if we wouldn’t even be able to express our love in front of their eyes, our relationship wouldn’t last long due to the lack of tenderness.

 

“Will you finally explain your plan?” an impatient Key interrupts my thoughts.

“Yes of course, Key,” I nod. “As I expected my brother can determine the angle of the pictures and he’s willing to do that.”

“But…?” the lead singer asks, hearing the hesitation in my voice.

“But he needs a view of, let’s call it, ‘the other side of the photograph’. When I told him this picture…” I took the photo capturing the intimate kiss out of the brown envelop, “… must be taken in your bedroom,  he told me this one should be the easiest to determine the angle of.”

“Why?”

 

This time it’s Onew who asks the question.

 

“First of all, most of the other pictures were taken in public places or during shows and concerts, so it’s more difficult to create the exact same situation. Secondly, since this room is private nobody will throw me nasty looks when I unpack my material. And last but not least, the window should narrow down the possibilities.”

“You really sound like a professional, you know that?” Onew chuckles.

“I’m just repeating my brother’s words,” I blush. “I don’t know anything about cameras or photography.”

“You do know how to take a picture, right? And what you should picture? Otherwise your plan won’t work,” Jonghyun snickers.

“That I do know. I’m not a genius, but I’m not that stupid. Thanks for the confidence, Jonghyun.”

“Just ignore him, noona. He’s being his idiotic self again,” Key pesters, sticking out his tongue.

 

I expect another cute couple fight starting between the diva and the dinosaur, but then the rapper turns his head back to me.

 

“Let’s get this over with, I’m still not comfortable with you standing in my bedroom.”

“What’s there to be ashamed for?” I wonder as I look around the room properly for the first time. “Key, I’ve seen a bed before and this one is made perfectly, better than Onew’s.”

“Hey!” my boyfriend suddenly yells.

“It’s the truth,” I smile innocently before turning back to the still not convinced rapper.

“And your clothes are the same in the closet as when you’re wearing them… Although this is an extreme amount of clothes!”

 

I stare amazed  at the right wall, which is completely covered with a huge closet filled to the brim with coloured jeans, T-shirts, sweaters, jackets, etc. At the door’s left there was a dresser, on top of which beauty products are neatly arranged side by side and accessories are sorted in boxes. Even the stuff on the side tables of the bed, which are the weak spots for chaos in my apartment (and I know I’m not the only one), are perfectly arranged.

 

“You sure did a great job cleaning this place, Key. You can’t find a single mote of dust.”

“Thanks, noona, but can you please take that picture already?!” Key sighs, becoming extremely impatient.

“Yes, yes.”

 

I take my brother’s favourite camera out of my backpack and walk to the window, putting the curtains aside. Using as many angles and zooms as possible, I take a dozen of photographs.

 

“I wonder which building that devil has intruded to stalk them,” Onew suddenly whispers, only a few inches away from my ears.

 

As I didn’t hear him coming closer, I jump up in surprise. I turn around and hit him playfully on the chest.

 

“Yah! Don’t scare me like that!”

“This time I’m the ninja,” he chuckles, giving me a wink. “You’re finished?” he asks afterwards, when he notices I’m turning off the camera.

 

I  nod and put the camera back in my bag.

 

“Let’s hope this will help my brother,” I say as we exit the bedroom.

“Noona, can I ask you something?” Key grasps my arm when we reach the door.

 

The two other boys have already left towards the living room. I frown confused, but nod to give him permission to ask his question.

 

“How did your brother react when he saw the pictures?”

 

Right, my brother’s reaction… Or should I say my brother-in-law’s reaction?