Lost in the moment

Red-haired devil

 

- Soo Min POV -

 

My eyes are glued to my smartphone’s screen, waiting for the catchy, cheerful refrain of SHINee’s Ring Ding Dong. Every minute I am checking the clock or my voicemail to see maybe my attention has slipped for a second and I missed my boyfriend’s call. A few hours ago, right after Soohyun and Kevin had left the apartment, I sent a message to Onew, saying that he should call me when they were on their way home because I need to speak to them as soon as possible.

 

When the five y voices suddenly resonate from the phone’s loudspeaker, my hands start to shake uncontrollably. It’s weird since I have been anticipating this call for hours, but still I can’t stop the trembling fear inside. I slowly push the green button and prepare to speak.

 

“Hello?”

 

My voice sounds weird… hoarse, scared. I wonder why I was so scared to pick up that phone, I’m only talking to my boyfriend after all. I’m not facing the demon yet.

 

“Hey, angel. How are you doing?” Onew asks quite cheerfully to my surprise. I expected he would be gloomy and sad after all that has happened the past few days. “You asked me to call you when we were on our way to our dorm. Well, I think we’ll be home in about 15 minutes. Why did you need to know that?”

“I need to have a conversation with you… Actually with Key and Jonghyun. I talked to my brother and before I can continue with the plan I need to check something first, but for that I need to get access to their bedroom.”

“Oh you won’t get in,” Key’s voice resonates from the background.

 

I snicker as I was anticipating Key’s reaction. If they are in private, Onew’s phone is always set on speaker so the kids are able to overhear every single conversation.

 

“You have so much to hide in there, Key? Listen, I won’t nose around in the bedroom. I don’t want to find any personal stuff of you. I just need to check the window’s view, that’s all.”

“Come on, yeobo. It’s okay. By the way, we’re home ourselves so we can check on her.”

 

Jonghyun soothing, sweet voice suddenly occupies the line. A surprised and relieved gasp escapes my lips as I hear the singer pet name the rapper. I kept my feet steadfastly on the ground to prevent myself from making a victory dance in the middle of the living room.

 

“Yeobo!?” I practically yell in the phone. “Jonghyun-ah, you called him ‘yeobo’!” If  Onew was still holding the phone close to his ears, he must be deaf by now. “Does that mean you guys reconciled? Did you finally realise you need each other to face that stupid girl?”

“Yup, they made up,” Onew answers instead of the puppy dinosaur.

 

Even if I’m not there, I can imagine the awkward situation in the van at that moment: a blushing Key who’s looking at the ground, while a shy smile is plastered on Jonghyun’s lips and Onew is probably withholding his laughter after my quite extreme reaction.

 

“That was about time! Aish, why are you so stubborn?” I complain as the other side of the line remains silent. “I’m glad you’re back together again, guys! What would my life be without Jongkey? Hi hi. So I’m off now! We’ll meet in, let’s say, 15 minutes? See you! And Onew… I love you!” I sang through the phone.

“Sappy girl!” I hear Minho yell before the line went dead.

 

I grab one of my brother’s favourite camera’s and leave the silent apartment. I tuck my freezing hands in the pockets of my jacket as I find the way through the crowd. School has just ended and students are returning home. Young mothers are running after their children, who are excited because of the snowflakes falling from the sky. I watch my steps since the route is getting slippery and dangerous. I know I have to be careful or otherwise I’ll soon have a not that soft meeting with the pavement. If it comes to clumsiness, I’m a tough competitor for Onew.

 

Due to the winter weather I arrive a little later than expected at the SHINee dorm. I quickly head towards the second floor, to the right apartment and knock on the door. The always bright, hyperactive maknae opens the door and practically drags me inside.

 

“Come in, noona! It’s waaaay too cold outside!”

“It’s okay if you wear enough clothes. A scarf and some gloves, they can perform miracles,” I smile as I enter the hall and take off my shoes and place them neatly next to the boys’.

 

I follow the bouncing boy to the living room, where I am greeted by tall frog Minho and puppy dinosaur Jonghyun. The latter smiles when he notices I’m looking for my boyfriend.

 

“He’s in his bedroom, unpacking I guess,” he nods towards the closed bedroom door at the other side of the living area.

“Thanks,” I smile as I leave to greet my love.

 

Before entering, I softly knock on the door.

No response. That’s weird.

Frowning, I quietly open the door. That’s when I notice the reason why Onew didn’t respond on the knocks or didn’t even come out to greet me when the doorbell rang in the first place: he’s wearing ear plugs, listening to music and softly humming along. I blush at the cute view of Onew unpacking his baby blue pyjamas and pink boxers while singing along with SNSD’s ‘Gee’. Without him noticing, I tiptoe ‘till I stand right behind him and poke his side, making him jump in surprise.

 

“Waaaah!” He turns around to see who’s the one that scared him so hard.

 

His scared, shocked face is one of the funniest things in the world.

 

“Oh, angel! You’re here. I didn’t hear you entering, I didn’t even hear the doorbell.”

“That’s because I’m a ninja,” I joke.

“Come here, ninja. You’ll regret that you scared me,” he grinned before pulling me on his lap and wrapping his arms around my waist.

 

My heartbeat accelerates the moment our bodies touch. Onew’s hand takes my chin, making me look him straight into the eyes. Redness tinges my cheeks as he leaned in for a kiss. I immediately kiss him back as a warm feeling fills my heart. My arms find home around his neck and I pull him closer to deepen the kiss. The kiss grows more passionate when Onew softly bites my lips, begging for entrance. I answer his plea and let him explore every part of my wet cavern.

 

But the moment the kiss is getting really exciting, the door slams open and a smirking Key and a grinning Jonghyun are standing in the door, both arms crossed in front of their chests.

 

“I thought you wanted to talk to us?” Key questions, raising an eyebrow.

 

I immediately loosen the grip around Onew’s neck  and get back up my feet, smoothing my clothes. My cheeks are burning, due to both the passionate heat and the embarrassment of getting caught.

 

“Sorry, Key. I got lost in the moment,” I smirk, quoting him from the time I once intruded the love-making session between the rapper and the singer.

“Is the bedroom safe for check-up?” I joke while I follow Key towards their shared bedroom.

“All yours, girl,” Key sighs, opening the door and gesturing me to go inside.