No, I did...

Red-haired devil

- Jonghyun POV -

 

It’s late at night on a schedule-free evening. Can you say 4 am is still evening? Probably not. Correction: it is early in the morning after a night without schedules or practice. However I  haven’t enjoyed the free time at home.

 

Gently I close the door of our apartment and with silent feet I tiptoe over the wooden floor of the dorm’s hallway. There seems to be no life in the dorm anymore. Everyone must be in their bed, curled up into the warmth of the thick blankets that keeps them warm in these cold winter nights. After having taken off my jacket, scarf and hat, I head towards the bedroom I share with my lovely boyfriend, who’s probably already dreaming about me. A wide, teeth-showing smile spreads across my face when I start to think about the rapper lying half- on the bed, his arms wrapped around a cushion, his face snuggled into the dark purple sheets, imagining it’s me he’s snuggling against.

 

However before I can even reach the door handle of our bedroom door, a figure – definitely not Key’s – opens the door and blocks the entrance. I jump up in surprise, taking a defensive step back.

 

“I wouldn’t do that, Jonghyun.”

 

Our usual dubu leader carefully  steps out the bedroom and gently closes the door behind him. His voice sounds cold and distant, definitely not the tone I am used to. I feel my eyebrows knitting together into a frown as a wave of confusion washes over my features. My voice immediately vocalises the thought that runs through my mind.

 

“Onew-hyung? What are you doing in my and Key’s bedroom?”

“I  believe this bedroom doesn’t belong to you any longer. You will have to find another place to sleep.”

“What? Why not?”

“Don’t act as if you don’t know what I’m talking about, Jonghyun.”

 

I run my hands through my hair, confused and angry. My body is aching, desperately pleading for some sleep, but my bed was still out of reach because of this hyung. A deep sigh leaves my lips before I try to speak again in a calm and collected tone.

 

“What happened, hyung? Why can’t I enter my own bedroom?”

 

When I hear the words formed by my own voice, a sudden panic attack strikes my entire being. My breath picks up as my heart starts to race, pumping my blood through my veins.

 

“Did something happened to Key? Is he hurt? Let me see him, hyung.”

 

A flood of questions flows out of my mouth. My voice doesn’t sound calm anymore. At this moment it sounds more like it’s coming from someone caught in a live horror movie and who’s desperately in search for an exit. My exit is that door. I want to see with my own eyes why I can’t enter that room. I try to break through Onew’s defence and grab his upper-arms, but I fail. He pushes me back, away from the door, while he keeps shaking his head in response of my questions. I don’t know which one he’s answering to. Looking at his pissed-off face, it’s probably the last one.

 

“If I can’t sleep in my own bedroom, tell me at least why!”

 

I want to shout, but I keep my volume low so I won’t wake up the maknaes. They don’t have to be involved into this fight, of  which the reason is still oblivious to me. Nor do I want to wake up the handsome rapper in the unreachable bedroom, if he’s asleep after all.

 

“Simple,” the leader answers, his voice still cold and distant. “He doesn’t want to see you, talk to you… Let alone, sleep with you. Tonight I’m keeping him some company. I don’t want to leave that poor boy alone now.”

 

Key doesn’t want to see me anymore? The beautiful boy I love with my entire heart, doesn’t want to see me anymore. I must have said or done something terribly, terribly wrong… but what?

 

“What did I do?” I ask with a tiny-winy voice, more to myself than to the hyung in front of me.

“You were there, I wasn’t, so you should know better than I do.”

“No, I don’t, hyung.”

 

With both my hands I grab Onew’s right arm in desperation. I look him into his eyes, pleading him for some clarification.

 

“Those puppy eyes of yours won’t solve anything, Jonghyun.”

 

He shakes off my hands and they drop lifeless at my sides. The will to fight and to discover the truth slowly leaves my body, only the craving for sleep is left.

 

“But my stuff is still inside,” I whisper, dropping my shoulders in the process.

“Nope, they aren’t.”

 

Only when our leader mentions it do I notice the clothes on the floor. Not only my clothes are spilled all over the floor, all my belongings are!  Everything. Even my… Oh no! Once more the anger and frustration start to run through my veins.

 

“He didn’t throw my guitar out, did he?!”

“No,” Onew answers with a very serious face. “I did.”

“What?! You helped him?!” I partly shout, partly whisper.

“Surprised?”

 

An obviously annoyed chuckle escapes from his lips before he continues.

 

 “Aish, I’m too tired to fight with you, Jonghyun. And I’m disappointed as well.”

“But why, hyung?” my own voice sounds desperate. Still having no idea what my hyung is trying to say is wearing me out. “I have no idea what happened.”

“You’ve enough time to think about it tonight… On the couch.”

 

And with those words the leader closes the door in front of my nose.

 

-----

A/N: Is Jonghyun only acting dumb or does he really have no clue of what happened? Doesn’t he think of the fact that Key might have found out about his little secret or did Key misunderstand the entire situation? You will soon find out !!!

 

Thank you for all your love, my dear subscribers (and silent readers)!!

 

PS: I will try to update this week… If not, I’m leaving for a holiday this Saturday and I won’t be able to update until the 23rd of September. Then school is starting again for me, so I won’t have much time to write and update either. However I will try my best to present you regular updates <3