Sacred chicken

Red-haired devil

- Onew POV (complete flashback) -

 

Jonghyun kissing Key, the singer making love to the rapper. I shook my head. Despite all my efforts the story kept lingering in my head.

 

He was starting to believe that he was really going to sleep on the couch the night, and now, there he was, in Key’s bedroom, on his bed, half-, and having his lips ravished.

 

I knew there existed something called fan fiction, stories about idols made up by fans, and I knew some fans like to link couples in a group, but I didn’t know our fans had such erted minds. Shawols were supposed to be nice, sweet girls! I guess I was wrong. It seemed that under that cute image naughty minds could hide. Why did my innocent eyes have to read this? On Soo Min’s notebook for God’s sake!

 

“Hyung, when are you finally going to make your move?” a whining Key asked.

 

The heads of a curious maknae and a grinning frog popped up behind the rapper’s shoulders.

 

“What are you talking about?”

“With Soo Min of course,” Minho answered, eyes rolling. “We all saw you staring at her and it’s not the first time.”

“So when are you going to confess?” Taemin repeated Key’s question.

“It’s complicated. What if she doesn’t like me? We still have to practise with her ‘till our comeback.”

“You’re planning to postpone it ‘till after our comeback!? That’s still a week!”

 

Key’s drama queen attitude found its way to the surface again.

 

“Do you really believe she will turn down SHINee’s tofu leader? Come on hyung, have a little confidence!” Minho said, patting me on the shoulder. “Haven’t you seen the look in her eyes when she’s teaching you a move? It’s completely different from the way she’s watching us dance.”

“Really?”

 

Taemin and Key nod in unison.

 

“Just go and say you love her, we’ll wait here in the van.”

“I did prepare something a few days ago, but I never had the courage to face her.”

“Now’s your chance. Shoo~”

 

Key practically pushed me out of the van.

 

- Soo Min POV (complete flashback) -

 

Gasping for air after an exhausting rehearsal I averted my eyes from my sitting reflection in the mirror, grabbing the bottle of water out of my purse. Today I had finished the dance routine with SHINee, now it was only a matter of practice until they remembered the new steps perfectly. Perfection was what I was seeking and what the boys were aiming for. I was extremely proud of the choreography I had created with the help of some other choreographers. The agency seemed to be satisfied with the result as well.  I looked back in the mirror when a figure suddenly appeared behind my back. I stood up on my feet to face the panting leader. He looked nervous, his cheeks were covered with a deep red blush and his fingers were tightly entertwined together in front of his lower abdomen.

 

“What’s wrong, Onew-shi? You forgot something?”  I frowned.

 

My eyes scanned the empty dance studio, but I couldn’t find a reason why the singer had returned.

 

“No, I… didn’t,” Onew murmured, his gaze was fixed on the wooden dance floor as if he was avoiding me. “I just wanted to talk with you.”

“Oh.”

 

I could feel my body heat and my cheeks flush. Onew – SHINee’s gorgeous, sweet leader whom I was head over heels in love with – wanted to talk with me, an ordinary girl? My heart was beating heavily against my chest.

 

“Actually not talk to you, I wanted to give you this.”

 

The boy quickly pushed a small white envelope in my hands and ran back to the door.

 

“Wait, what is it?” I asked curiously while I opened the letter with my name written calligraphically on its cover.

“Ah, I shouldn’t have done this,” he scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. “It’s so stupid and strange. I’m sorry, noona. Just ignore the letter and my weird behaviour.”

“How in the world can I ignore you?”

 

My cheeks flushed when my own words slipped my mouth. The tongue was acting without consultation of the brain once more. The other’s lips were curled into a shy smile; a small, shy smile, not his usual bright, toothy smile.

 

“Did you make this?”

 

The same shy smile spread across my lips when my eyes scanned the paper that was inside the envelope. It was filled with love-confessing lyrics. Why did he, SHINee’s tofu  leader, give it to me, their clumsy dance teacher? It felt like my heart was about to open my ribcage out of happiness.

 

“These are all SHINee songs,” I noticed as my eyes slid over the page.

“Oh, you saw that?” the singer asked surprised.

“I told you I’m a hardcore fan.”

“With a dirty mind.”

 

All the blood was floating to my head, colouring my face.

 

“I saw the fan fiction you were reading before,” he completed his sentence quickly.

 “I know I shouldn’t be reading something like that, but it’s such a wonderful  story and…”

“You’re a Jongkey fan?” Onew tried to finish my words.

“Yeah, actually I am.”

“You’re not the only one, I guess.”

“But I’m the only one who has the honour to work with them… and with you.”

“You like… working with me?” the other asked in an astonished, high-pitched voice.

 

I tried to open my mouth to reply to his question, but at this time blood wasn’t exactly floating to my brain so how was I supposed to give an intelligent answer? Therefore I simply nodded as a sign of agreement.

“I like working with you too, noona. You’re the best dance teacher we’ve ever had.”

“Thank you.”

“Not only the best, also the sweetest and the cutest… the most beautiful.”

 

The volume lowered drastically at the end of his sentence. My heart felt like it was going to explode and my skin was burning.

 

“Stop, you’re making me blush.”

“Soo Min,” the singer said while he took a step towards me, our chests were almost touching.

 

For a second I thought I felt the same heat radiating from his skin.

 

“What I’m trying to say is…”

 

Onew hesitantly took my hand between his. His teeth were piercing his lower-lip nervously.

 

“I like you, noona. Will you go on a date with me? I know a place where they have delicious fried chicken.”

“Chicken,” I chuckle, “I should have expected that.”

“You don’t like chicken? We can go somewhere else if you want to.”

 

My heartbeat stopped for a second, my breath was stuck in my throat.

 

“You… you want… to give up… your sacred chicken?”

“I like chicken a lot, but… I think… I... li…like you more.”

 

My body froze the moment those words left his mouth.

---

A/N: Can you guess which six songs I used for the love letter?