No more hot chocolate

Red-haired devil

 

- Soo Min POV -

 

“That’s not possible! Look at the background of this picture,” I snatch the most intimate picture out my brother-in-law’s hands. “It’s taken in their dorm bedroom, how can someone enter it without anyone noticing it?”

“Maybe she didn’t enter the room.”

 

Kevin and I both frown at the remark of the person in the middle, sitting there legs crossed, right elbow on his knee, hand palm planted under his chin. He’s thinking thoroughly.

 

“There’s a window in the bedroom, I assume?”

 

Confused by my brother’s words, I can only nod.

 

“What does the window overlook? A tall building, not that far from their dorm building?”

“I’m not sure, but that’s possible. They live in the city’s centre after all.”

“When you have an excellent telephoto lens you can take close-up photos of something that is far away and with some computer programs you can edit pictures very easily, for example eliminate the blur created by curtains.”

 

Silence fills the room once more. Being a laic in photography, I attempt to sort out what my brother is trying to say.

 

“So can you determine where the picture is taken from?”

“When you give me the bedroom’s window view.”

“You’re the best, oppa.”

 

I wrap my arms around my brother’s neck, so relieved he can help me with the stalker problem. I’m going to be a heroine! That psycho girl will regret sneaking into SHINee’s personal life. An evil laugh resounds in my head.

 

“We have to go now and I guess you also have to,” Kevin suggests, getting up on his feet the moment the words leave his lips.

“You can leave first. After such a horrible night and that early flight I’m sweaty and tired, I long for a comforting bath. Furthermore, SHINee hasn’t returned yet and I’m not allowed to enter JongKey’s bedroom without permission.”

“Be careful, sis. You don’t know how dangerous that stalker girl is.”

“Okay,” I nod, touched by the concerned tone in my brother’s voice.

 

He would always act like a big brother, protecting me and calling me his little sister although I am only two minutes younger than him. After our father died he became even more protective around everyone close to his heart, me, our mom, our older sister and his fellow members. I look through the window down to the street where the fan girls start to squeal the moment the two idols exit the front door. After the two have disappeared in their blinded van I look up to the heaven and pray my brother will never have to face such troubles as Key and Jonghyun are facing at the moment.

 

- Key POV -

 

After a short, sleepless night and a never-ending flight, the plane finally descents. We’re almost back home.  A soft sigh of relief escapes my lips as I look through the window down on the winter city of Seoul. It’s a beautiful winter day, snowflakes whirl down from the white clouds and the people on the street are probably clothed in cosy winter coats, fluffy bonnets and woolly scarves. The winter cold is terrible, but seeking the warmth in the arms of your lover is the most loveable feeling I’ve ever encountered. Another tear finds its way down my cheeks as the horrible pain crushes my heart again at the sight of the sleeping puppy-dinosaur a few seat further. Cuddling cosily together on the couch – with a steaming cup of self-made hot chocolate in the hand – is one of the things I loved to do with Jonghyun since we got together more than a year ago. But from now on I will never feel his strong, protective, muscular arms around my body anymore, I will never be able to lay my head on his chest again and listen to his soothing heartbeat. And how will I ever fall asleep now that his beautiful voice won’t sing a lullaby for me?

 

By the time the plane has landed the single tear on my cheek has changed into a minor river or two. I try to keep them in, but the ache in my heart is unbearable and the tears are the only way to express that horrible pain inside my chest. As the people leave their seats and hurry out of the plane, a hand is placed on my shoulder. I look up into the eyes of the son-like maknae. He’s smiling but a wave of concern and anger is washed over his features. Quickly I swipe away the tears, however I’m sure by now my eyes are red and swollen from all the crying of the preceding hours.

 

“We have to go, Key-hyung,” Taemin says while he hands over my purse and grabs his bag as well.

 

Only then do I notice that the other three band mates, including the puppy-dinosaur who was still sleeping a few minutes ago, have left the plane already. I get up on my feet and follow the maknae towards the plane’s exit door.

 

“Please don’t worry too much, hyung. Believe in Soomin-noona, she will fight for you… for us.”

“I know she will, Taeminnie. But she might be in danger by going after that red-haired devil, I don’t want to risk her life for me.”

“She’s a smart girl, Key. She’ll be careful,” our leader’s voice suddenly pops up from behind us.

 

I jump up in surprise since I didn’t see nor hear him walking towards us.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re not worried about her safety.”

“I am, but telling her not to investigate this won’t do us any good and I know she will do her ultimate best to save her best friend. The determination I saw in her eyes yesterday I’ve never seen before. Sometimes it feels as if your relationship with Jonghyun is closer to her heart than ours.”

 

My heart breaks into thousand little pieces when I hear his name again. Will this ever get any better?

 

“Let’s go, they’re waiting for us,” Taemin says as he drags me to the doors leading to the arrival hall, where Minho and Jonghyun are chatting to our crew.

 

There’s that damn stinging pain again. One advice from the Almighty Key: living together with the one who broke your heart isn’t easy. Technically I broke up with him, but it still broke my heart. The moment we reach them they turn around and leave for the arrival hall, not wanting to waste any time in silence. Indeed, that’s what happens when Jonghyun and I are together now: complete silence.