Hallucination

Red-haired devil

Fan girls’ screams fill the entire arrival hall of Incheon International airport the moment the five idols wander through the door. The girls scream and smile, happy to see their idols back, but no one notices the red-stained cheeks hidden under Key’s huge sunglasses or the dark rings under Jonghyun’s eyes or the fake, non-shining  smile everyone tries to put up. Slowly but surely the singers make their way to the hordes of fan girls, paying no attention to the emotionless red-haired girl in the middle of the screaming crowd.

 

- Key POV -

 

I walk through the hordes of screaming fan girls; eyes set on the gorgeous muscular back of the pint-sized singer, who’s walking in front of me; my left hand is locked with the son-like maknae’s. Once in a while, I look up into Taemin’s concerned dark orbs and he flashes his bright smile that makes me forget all the problems in the world for one split second. But it quickly fades away when in the corner of my eyes a splash of crimson red reminds me of that red-haired devil who has ruined my entire life in a matter of seconds. Every single muscle in my body tenses and my nails dig into the boy’s skin, making him jump up in surprise. A  whimpering yelp escapes his lips as he looks down on his painful arm and back up to my fearful face.

 

“Key-hyung, what’s wrong?” Taemin whispers loud enough for me to hear, but too soft to attract the fans’ attention.

“She… she… she’s… she’s… he… here,” my voice is stuck in my throat.

 

The lad doesn’t need any additional words to understand what I’m trying to say. His head shoots up, his eyes scanning the crowd like mine did only a few seconds ago. I know he has found the devilish red when he lowers his gaze back to the ground and I hear his breathing accelerating as he pulls me further through the throng. It must be that the oldest band mate has also noticed the fear in our eyes as a wave of confusion and concern washes over his features. While we hurry to the van I keep looking back, but the red-haired girl is nowhere to be seen anymore.

 

“Why were you both panicking so frantically?” Onew inquires the moment we’re seated inside the car.

“She was here,” I stammer, still trembling in fear.

“Who?” a dumb-headed Minho asks.

“No, that can’t be. You must have been hallucinating.”

“He’s saying the truth, Jonghyun-hyung. I saw her too,” Taemin confirms.

 

The dinosaur’s eyes double their usual size and his hands are clenched into tight fists.

 

“Why didn’t you say anything? I would have assaulted and smashed her into the nearest wall,” he groans between his clenched teeth.

“It’s still a girl. Oh besides, I didn’t know we were still talking to each other,” I answer bitterly, not showing the tears deep inside my heart.

“Key, I never gave up on you… We will find a way to solve this. I’m not going to let one single girl, who pretends to be your true love, take you away from me and kill our dreams.”

“I thought you believed her when she told that story about our past and other .”

 

*Flashback*

 

I gathered my courage and opened the bedroom door after knocking a few times. The man on the bed stares right into my eyes, his glance filled with fury. I swallowed almost audible before I tried to speak.

 

 “This is the only solution, Jong.”

 

My voice was only a whisper.

 

“Sharing you with that freak!?” Jonghyun yelled loudly, not thinking about the two guys who were trying to sleep in the room next door.

“Us breaking up,” I shook my head.

“WHAT!? You were serious!?” Jonghyun’s voice hit an octave higher.

“She ordered me to leave...”

“So you just do as she says? Who is she, Key? Why do you listen to her so well?”

“I don’t know her, Jong.”

“You follow the orders of a girl you don’t even know?”

“If she can ruin my life and my friends’, then yes.”

 

The heated anger inside the room was slowly growing.

 

“So you’re saying breaking up with me wouldn’t ruin your life?”

“No, I’m not saying that!”

“Yes, you are!”

“Believe what you want, Jonghyun. I’m going to sleep on the couch.”

 

I snapped while I took my pyjamas and my blanket with me and left the bedroom.

 

“Why don’t you ask your girlfriend if you can stay over there?” I heard him murmur before the door slammed shut behind my back.

 

I didn’t have the strength to start a discussion with him; I was completely worn out due to the hours of practice and all the events that had occurred the preceding hours. Furthermore we are both stubborn as hell, especially when fury and jealousy were blocking our rational thoughts. More words would only cause an intense fight that would make things even worse.

 

*FB end*

 

“Back then I couldn’t think straight because of the furry running through my veins, but Onew-hyung and Soo Min-noona opened my eyes. It was stupid to think you’ve been secretly in love before and you would never tell me about this. We have no secrets standing between us, right?”

 

He lays his warm hand on my cheek, sweeping away the tears that have unconsciously started to fall once more. His touch drives away every rational thought out of my brain and I can feel my body heat. It feels as if I become a toddler again, not able to form any proper  sentence.

 

“Jong…”

“I can’t live without you, yeobo. Those two nights alone in bed without you by my side were very lonely and cold.”

“I know,” I admit reluctantly, blush colouring my face intensely.

“But hyung, you had me to snuggle up against,” Taemin intervenes all of a sudden.

“That’s not the same, Taemin-ah,” Minho answers airy. “Jonghyun can turn on the heat in many different ways.”

“Ya, frog! Don’t say things like that so easily, the wrong ears might catch it.”

“What ways, hyung?”

 

The maknae’s puppy-like eyes look into the deepest of my soul.

 

“Don’t bother, Taeminnie. Minho is just talking nonsense again.”

 

I pat his head before returning to the dinosaur-like singer, who  opens his arms, inviting me for a hug I’ve missed so much. 

---

A/N: Please don't be the silent reader and tell me what you think of the story...