Asking for help

Red-haired devil

- Jonghyun POV -

 

Together with Onew, I walk into the small, desolated bar where we have agreed to meet the person whom we hope can help us solve the stalker problem. The dim-lighted café is filled with a thick pall of cigarette smoke and the dull smell of nicotine, beer and sweat. The few customers that are sitting at the bar or at one of the small tables at the left side of the entrance are all old, grumpy men with grey or no hair on their head. Not one of them pays any attention as we enter the café.  The bartender greets us as any other customer, with a small nod of the head. I answer his kind greeting with a nod as I follow my hyung to a boot in the darkest part of the bar, where we still have a view on the entrance.

 

Only a few minutes later after we have entered, the man we’ve been waiting for enters the bar. Although he is disguised, wearing a hat, a large scarf and a fake mustache, we immediately recognize him. However, no one else seems to take notice of the idol that has just entered the café. The man makes his way to our table when I announce our presence with a wave of the hand. We both get up and bow respectfully when the man takes a seat at the other side of the table. The bartender, an old man with grey hair and an unhappy look on his face, takes our orders, surprised that no one orders a beer or any other alcoholic beverage, like all the other customers. However, he doesn’t say anything about it and just shrugs it off as he goes back behind the bar to prepare our drinks. The three of us follow the bartender closely with our eyes, until he’s a safe distance away. Then the man at the other side of the table turns his head to us, curiosity and worry visible in his dark orbs.

 

“So tell me, boys… Why on earth did you call to meet in such a dark, crappy bar? I’m not really liking the mysterious acting and the lack of information I’m given,” the man says seriously, his hand gestures adding emotion to his words.  

 

I glance at Onew and fold my hands on the table before I speak and unveil our intentions.

 

“We need your help, hyung.”

 

The man at the other end of the table frowns quizzically. Onew opens his mouth to add some more information to my unclear explanation, but closes it again when he sees the bartender coming our way with our drinks. We all wait patiently, and in utter silence, until the old man has placed our drinks on the table and Onew has paid the bill, declining our guest’s offer to pay for everything.

 

“We invited you here, so we pay,” Onew says politely, smiling faintly while handing the money to the bartender.

 

The bartender bows slightly before he goes back to his bar to converse with the local patrons. The three of us take a sip of our drinks, waiting for someone else to continue the conversation. In the end it is the eldest, the man at the other side of the table, who repeats what I’ve told him just a minute ago.

 

“So you need my help?” he asks.

“Indeed,” Onew confirms. “If we could solve this situation without involving you, we’d never bothered you, but I’m afraid it’s impossible to not inform you on these events.”

“What kind of events?”

 

Even though there’s only a dim light shed over our table, I can see the sparks of interest in his dark eyes. It’s a relief to see that the man is interested, but I know it’s very likely that his interest will vanish into thin air once we reveal all the information.

 

“A sasaeng fan,” Onew answers when he notices I’m too lost in thoughts to answer myself. “A stalker, I mean.”

“A stalker? How can I help you with a stalker? I’m an idol myself, I already have to handle my own crazy fans.”

“This one is a unique case.”

 

What a politely worded definition of that devil.

 

“A very mentally sick case of a stalker,” I say angrily.

 

The man’s eyebrows knit together in a deep frown. The more we say, the more he seems to get confused. With a small hand gesture he motions us to continue our story. Onew takes a sip of his drink before he speaks up again, knowing I won’t be able to finish the story without either getting angry or bursting into tears.

 

“The stalker we’ve mentioned is a girl who believes she’s to marry Key. To reach that goal she is prepared to do a lot of things… anything. She has visited us on several fan meeting or other events, but we never paid much attention to her. She has send us  a lot of fan mail as well, but that’s nothing… The thing is that she has invaded our privacy, she has broken into our apartment.”

“She broke into your dorm?! That’s definitely crazy,” the man exclaims, listening to Onew’s story with open mouth.

“And…” I murmur as Onew doesn’t  continue fast enough to my liking.

“There’s more?!”

 

I nod, shoulders dropping in defeat.

 

“She has threatened us, hyung. She has gained dangerous information about SHINee that could ruin all of our careers. If the press ever gets their dirty hands on this, it’s over for us, hyung. And if she is not given what she wants, which means Key as her husband, she will not hesitate to send the information to the press. So either way, it’s over for us, hyung. We can’t give Key to her, hyung. Without Key, we are not SHINee anymore. We love him, hyung… we must save him.”

 

Onew places a strong hand on my shoulder when I utter the final words, nudging it slightly. I look up, meeting Onew’s dark, encouraging orbs.

 

“It’s a sick story,” the man at the other side of the table mutters after a moment of silence. “But I don’t see how I can be of any help.”

“The story is not finished yet,” Onew says, giving me a soft pat on the shoulder, signing that I have to continue the story.

 

I take a deep breath and rearrange my thoughts, bringing them back in line. In my head, I recollect and gather all the information that Soo Min and I have discovered the past couple of days before I share everything with the oldest man at the table. 

-----

A/N: Hello, everyone!! It's been sooooo long, I'm so sorry for that T_T The last couple of months I've either been really busy with school or had no inspiration to write T_T

I hope you're happier with the update than I am (I think it ). Please comment and let me know what you think of it ^_^

I will do my best to update more regularly, but I can't make any promises... I'm still not sure of how this story is going to work out in the next chapters.