Luck is on my side

Red-haired devil

- Soo Min POV -

 

After all these weeks I haven’t seen my boyfriend because he has been working so hard for his comeback, he finally calls me. The message is clear: they at last got their deserved day off and he wants to spend that precious day with me. My heart makes a little jump of excitement when I hear him asking if I am free that afternoon. I walk to my closet to find the perfect outfit for my date. Even though we agreed to just stay home I still need to look great for him. The fact that I cannot enjoy our relationship to the fullest like other couples can bothers me sometimes, but I also understand he cannot  go on a date outside their dorm. He is SHINee’s leader after all and he is scared of what would happen to me and our relationship when fans or the paparazzi would find out. I let out a sigh and smile softly. Where I meet him doesn’t matter, right? Spending time with him, enjoying his gorgeous smile and his contagious laugh, that is what is really important. With every strike of the clock I grow more nervous, it has been so long since the last time that I’ve seen him. Well, I did see him the day before yesterday, but that was a pure business meeting when we had to train together for their dance lessons. I take out my phone to look at the time. Although it is still an hour early to meet Onew, I grab my jacket and say goodbye to my brother.

 

*Flashback*

 

When I entered high school I took a big step: together with my twin brother I left my hometown,  went to the big city of Seoul and entered Seoul Institute of the Arts. Ever since I was young I’ve always dreamt of becoming a professional dancer and a few years later that dream changed into becoming a choreographer. My brother and I have lived together our whole life. In Seoul we first shared a small apartment in an old building, after that we found one with a little more space and that was completely paid by my brother’s company – not HIS company, but the company he worked for. We’re both employed in the music world; he is a singer, I am a choreographer. Most of the time band mates live together in a dorm, but my brother insisted on an own apartment that he could share with me.

 

*FB end*

 

I waved goodbye to my sweet brother before closing the front door to meet up with my boyfriend. I chuckle at the thought, I still cannot believe SHINee’s Onew is my boyfriend for months now.

 

*Flashback*

 

I met Onew after SM Entertainment offered me a job as a professional choreographer right after my graduation. I didn’t have to think twice. SME is one of the biggest record labels in Korea, so why wouldn’t I accept that offer? After turning a few small assignments into great successes, I caught a big fish. I was called to the meeting area and saw the familiar black suits waiting in the seats next to the door. I greeted them and turned my head to the other side of the room. There my eyes met with the clients of my next assignment.  My mouth fell open in surprise. Five boys smiled brightly at me and I could see their eyes scanning my whole body. The silence in the room made the discomfort inside me grow even more. I nervously shifted my weight from one foot to the other and my gaze was focused on the ground. My hands were sweating like hell. I should warn you, surprise and anxiety are not the best combination. After a few seconds, which seemed to last at least a century, one of the suit men stood up and broke the silence.

 

“Boys, like I said before, this is the choreographer who will create the dance for your comeback. Soo Min, I don’t know how familiar you are with our music groups, this is our popular boy group SHINee. Please, take good care of them and make their comeback unforgettable.”

“I am quite familiar with SHINee, sir. I’ll take care of them.”

 

I had to bite my lip to withhold a huge smile. ‘This is definitely not the time for fangirling’ kept repeating in my head to prevent myself from running to the cute maknae, who was standing behind the pint-sized lead singer and the oldest rapper on the other side of the room. The other, tallest rapper was leaning against the wall, a few feet from the other three and next to him was the leader of the band.

 

Why did I know all their positions in the group? Like I said: I had been a fan since their debut, two years before that day. Luck was definitely on my side. I had always dreamt of working with great artists, for example with SHINee’s sunbaes Super Junior, but working with a band I worshipped was beyond my expectations. And everything that happened after we started working together was even more unexpected.

 

*FB end*

 

Before I can even reach the doorbell the door already swings open and a broadly smiling Onew blocks my view.

 

“Soo Min, angel! Hi! Come in, come in!”

 

My cheeks start to flush and my heart feels like it is about to burst out of my chest when I hear him calling my pet name. Seeing him on stage or TV or in the dance studio with his dongsaengs is completely different from meeting him as my boyfriend. Since I don’t make a move he almost drags me inside their dorm. When I enter the hallway a delicious smell reaches my nose and I sniff in curiosity.

 

“The food is almost ready”, Onew says as he notices my nose wrinkling.

“You’re cooking for me?”

 

I hope he’s not hurt with the surprised and worried tone of my question, but he has to admit that he’s not a kitchen princess.

 

“Please sit down and be patient with me.”

 

Onew turns back to the cooker and I take a seat at the romantically decorated table. The wooden table is hidden under an off-white cover,  in the middle a silver candelabra holds three red candles and next to the candelabra a bouquet of dark red roses blossoms in a small porcelain vase. A few minutes later the table is fully covered with several dishes.

 

“Whoa! That looks delicious.”

 

Again that surprised tone.

 

“Thanks, angel. But next time don’t sound so surprised”, Onew chuckles.

“I’m sorry, but I am truly amazed you can cook so well.”

 

Onew scratches the back of his head in embarrassment.

 

“Well, I have to admit that Key almost did everything. But I helped him the best I could and I did the finishing touch as well.”

 

This time it’s my turn to laugh softly with the embarrassing red on his cheeks.

 

“Still, thank you”, I smile as I reach my hand across the table to touch his.

 

---

A/N: This is it for the first chapter. What do you think? Please, comment =)

And who’s the twin brother?  Guess, guess ! I’ll give you one tip: Soo Min is a noona to SHINee, born in 1989 ^^