Key and Joon

Love for a Demon

 

As the days went by they became to feel more normal for Taemin. He would get attacked by a demon, Onew would save him and then he would clean the wounds. Having Onew at his wounds was still odd for Taemin. He couldn’t get use to that.

 

He noticed that Onew got more daring too. While he would be at the cuts, he would leave hickeys everywhere. It was a great feeling at the time but it would annoy Taemin afterwards. He was left with a bunch of red spots everywhere and some were getting harder to hide. He would just pretend like nothing happened so people wouldn’t ask questions.

~~

Morning had come and just like any other. Taemin got up, got ready, and met Onew downstairs by the back doors.

 

“Ready to leave Taemin?” he asked, then opened the doors.

“Yeah” said Taemin as he started walking downstairs to the parking lot. He followed Onew as they stopped in front a black Porsche 911 turbo. It was one of Onew's favourites, says it makes him feel faster because of the name. It made Taemin giggle every time they drove in it.

 

They got into the car and put their seatbelts on. Onew started the car and drove up the slope, heading for Taemin’s school.

 

“I have a meeting to attend to later today so I won’t be able to pick you up from school. I’ll keep the front portal open for you so you don’t have to go around back.”

“Okay. Can I ask what the meeting’s about?” Taemin asked in a cute tone, hoping to get an answer.

“Sorry Minnie, it’s confidential. I’ll let you know soon, okay?” said Onew as he patted Taemin’s head.

“Fine, but you owe me a bunch of answers…” he pouted as he looked out the window, nearing his school.

 

~~~~

 

When the last bell rang, Key was the first one out of his class. He ran down the hall and continued until he was at the front of the school. He hid himself behind a pillar and waited for Taemin to exit.

 

Once the boy came out and left school grounds, Key followed. He was told earlier that Taemin was walking home today and Key though it was the perfect opportunity.

 

He followed Taemin for what felt like an eternity until he turned the last corner and was faced with the same abandoned church from before. Key was confused, ‘Why on earth would Taemin return here? He was terrified the last time.’

 

He watched as Taemin walked in the church from the front doors, and closed them behind him. That was the last straw for Key. He needed to figure out Taemin, and he needed to do it now!

 

Key ran to the front doors and pushed them open, “YAH! Lee Taemin, what are-” he stopped mid-sentence and looked around. It was the exact same on the inside that he had seen before except one thing was different.

 

There was no Taemin.

 

It was like the boy had completely disappeared. There wasn’t even footprints leading anywhere in the dust on the ground. Where had Taemin gone? He could have sworn he watched Taemin enter here.

 

He pulled out his phone and texted Taemin.

 

From: Key Umma

To: Taebaby

Message: Are you home yet Minnie? I just want to make sure my baby is okay~

 

Not even a minute later and his phone buzzed.

 

From: Taebaby

To: Key Umma

Message: Yes Umma! I literally just walked in the door. ^^ You must by psychic or something, so cool!

 

Nothing made sense anymore. Key couldn’t understand anything that was happening. He needed to know what was going on with Taemin but he ran out of options, until he saw the same black Porsche 911 turbo he saw this morning.

 

Something clicked inside of him and he ran to follow the car. It lead to the back of the church and his eyes widened as he saw the floor slope down. As the car drove forward, Key sprinted, making sure to get inside before the floor rose.

 

He crouched behind a car as he watched Onew and another man exit the car.

 

“So Onew, tell me again why you dragged me to your over exaggerated mansion?” said the unknown man as he closed his door to the car.

“It’s about Taemin, Joon. I’ve told you this several times already.” Onew rubbed his forehead, trying to get rid of some stress. “You can change your form now, no one cares here.”

 

Key nearly screamed at the sight he saw. The two once beautiful looking humans completely changed into something unnatural. Their skin colour changed to a light grey, and their eyes burned with a deep red. Dark black feathered wings emerged from Onew’s back as he ran a hand through his hair. Horns sprouted from Joon’s head as they spiraled at the side near his ears.

 

To say Key was terrified would be an understatement. He was petrified as he hid behind the car, still watching the two ‘things’ in front of him.

 

“Ahhh, that feels so much better. You know I hate keeping that human form.” Joon sighed happily as he stretched his arms.

“Yeah yeah I know, but you can’t just walk around looking like that.” Onew groaned as he headed for the stairs, “Anyways, follow me, I need to discuss Taemin with you.” Joon nodded and followed Onew up the stairs.

 

Key snapped out of his trance at the use of Taemin’s name. Now would be a great chance to figure out what the hell is going on.

 

He followed the two demons up the stairs and stopped as they entered a room, closing it behind them. Key leaned on the door to try and listen in on their conversation. He was only able to register half of what they were saying, but it was enough for him.

 

“You can feel it, can’t you?” said Onew.

“What?”

“His soul... It’s getting stronger… Louder…”

“You’re right. I can smell it from here. Where is he?”

“On the other side of my mansion, and you know how big it is.”

“How is it so strong?”

“His awakening is coming…”

“How long?”

“A little over a week.”

“Wow, so soon. How do you manage to contain yourself?”

“I’m on the edge Joon. It hits harder every day. It’s sound, his scent, I want it all. Did you know? It calls to me… all the time. It’s like it wants me to eat him. The worst part is that he doesn’t even know…”

“He doesn’t?”

“Of course not… I don’t know how to explain it to him. He’s so innocent and pure, I can’t corrupt him… At least not yet.”

“But he needs to know soon.”

“I know… I’ll tell him when it’s closer to the date, otherwise he won’t believe me.”

“Can you last that long?”

“I know I can, but I don’t trust my thirst… He’s special… That’s why you’re here.”

“What?”

“I need you here to stop me if I ever lose control.”

“How do you know I won’t lose control too!?”

“Simple… I’ll rip your throat out if you touch him.”