Hanging by a Thread

Love for a Demon

 

“Ahh~ This is really nice” smiled Taemin.

 

“We’re only walking down the street Taemin.”

 

“I know, but I haven’t been outside since I came to you. I’ve been stuck inside away from the demons.”

 

“Taeminnie, you know you could have taken a walk down the block? I would have joined you if you wanted.” Said Key as he grabbed Taemin’s hand.

 

“Yeah I know, but I didn’t want to bother you. You’re doing so much to keep me safe and I feel like I’m only a burden.” Taemin looked down and watched his feet as they walked.

 

“You’re not a burden Taemin. I’m really glad you’re with me.” Key said as both boys cheeks tinted pink. “Now before we get too emotional, the club I want to take you to is just around the block.”

 

 

It was already 8pm when Key decided to take Taemin out. The sun had set and the beautiful city lights of Seoul were everywhere. The lights created a beautiful glow on everything they touched.

 

“Key, do you think they will let me drink?” Taemin asked excitedly.

 

“No you pabo, you’re still underage.” Key laughed as he saw Taemin pout cutely, but the laughing immediately stopped as a figure crashed into Taemin, pushing him to the wall and pinning him there.

 

“My my, what a delicious smell you’re giving off.” The man said as he up Taemin’s neck causing him to shiver. “I had heard the rumors about you, but I never expected you to be so mouth watering.”

 

The demon above him was just as mesmerizing as the others had been. Pale gray skin and bright blood red eyes. He had soft chestnut coloured hair, just long enough to tie up if he wanted. On the sides of his head he had spiral horns, not as long and big as Joon’s but big enough to know they’re there.

 

“Get off of him you good for nothing demon!” Key screamed as he ran closer to them.

 

“Good for nothing?” The demon smirked as he faced Key, arms still tight on Taemin so he couldn’t escape, “Hm, maybe I am, but that’s not going to stop me from devouring his pretty little soul, him dry until there is nothing left but skin and bones.”

 

Key was almost sick at the idea but shook his head as he eyed the demon. “I don’t know how you managed to get this close, but you can’t do anything to him. He’s protected.”

 

The demon took that as a challenge. “So you mean I can’t do this?” The demon faced Taemin again, revealing his fangs. He smirked as he leaned in closer to Taemin’s neck. He the boys neck again before he sunk his fangs into his skin, earning a painful scream from Taemin.

 

“TAEMIN!!” Key screamed as he ran to the demon, trying to pull him off his friend. The demon pushed Key away, causing him to crash into a nearby wall and fall to the ground. Key quickly got up and tried again but was stopped when he heard someone else yell.

 

“Mir! What the hell do you think you’re doing!?” Joon said as he stepped closer to the scene.

 

Mir let go of Taemin's neck to face Joon. “Just having a snack,” Mir smirked “What they say is true, he’s absolutely divine!”

 

“Let go of him Mir.”

 

“Or what? He’s just a human.” Mir said as he closed the small space between him and Taemin.

 

“He’s not just a human Mir! Don’t you remember me telling you that?! Now get off of him!” Joon screamed ad he got closer to Mir and Taemin.

 

“Oh yeah, now that you mention that, yes I do. He’s special, having the same soul as Lucifer. Strong, powerful and absolutely delicious.” Mir purred as he started Taemin’s neck once again.

 

Taemin groaned as he shut his eyes, feeling his body get weak. His breathing quickened and his body temperature went up. He slumped against Mir, not able to stand on his own feet anymore.

 

“Hey, what the heck, stand on your own feet!” Mir said as he shook Taemin.

 

“Mir! Lets go of him NOW!” Joon screamed as he pulled Mir off of Taemin, throwing him into a wall. Mir quickly got up and ran around the corner, not wanting to get by more hurt from the older demon. Joon caught Taemin before the boy could hit the floor. “, this is bad. We have to get him out of here.” Joon said as he picked up Taemin.

 

“WAIT!” Key screamed. “What the hell is going on!? And where do you think you’re taking him?”

 

“Key, I... WE don’t have time for this. I’m taking him to Onew.” Joon said as he started to rock Taemin in his arms.

 

“ONEW? OH HELL NO! You’re not taking him to Onew! After what he did to Taemin last time, I won’t let him go back there!” Key stood in front of Joon, not letting him pass.

 

“Taemin REALLY doesn’t have time for your Umma diva ways. I have to get him to Onew before I can’t carry him anymore.” Joon rocked Taemin more, switching hand positions every now and then.

 

Taemin on the other hand was breathing harder then he ever had before. He was sweating and shivering at the same time and he would groan or whimper in pain every time he was moved.

 

“What do you mean Taemin doesn’t have time? What the hell is happening to him!?”

 

“Key please, everything will be explained later just- OW !” Joon jumped, almost throwing Taemin, but placed him on the ground as quickly as he could. Joon patted his arms where smoke was coming off of. When the smoke was gone, you could see large red spots on Joon’s arms and it had looked like the clothing on his arms were burned off.

 

“Jesus Joon! What the heck happened?” Key said as he examined Joon’s arms.

 

“It’s the archangel coming out of Taemin. Angels burn Demons, you can already see the wings trying to sprout from Taemin’s back.” Joon said as he quickly rolled Taemin, showing the bump on his back to Key. “I can’t carry him anymore; he’ll completely burn my arms off if I do. Key you have to carry him for me, we don’t have much time.”

 

Key was shocked, he was not expecting anything thing like this to happen. EVER. He knew Taemin’s soul was an archangel’s, but he never though it would morph his body like this, let alone burn demons.

 

“Okay fine, just… let’s hurry.” Key said as he quickly picked up Taemin and ran in the direction of Onew’s house. 

 


 

Guys I think the title is too intense for this update... I couldn't come up with anything and I was listening to Hanging by a thread by Billy Talent so I just kind of used that...

Anyways, it's been a while since I updated huh? Sorry, I don’t really have an excuse other than I’m lazy and writers block. :P I promised a longer chapter but this one isn't very much longer... Well comment and tell me what you think :)

Thanks for reading, and please comment! I love your comments! <3