Undeniable Truth

Love for a Demon

 

Key was terrified. He didn’t know what was worse, the fact that the people behind the door were demons, or that they were talking about Taemin like he was some toy for their corruptive game.

 

Key backed away from the door slowly. Now was not the time to get caught. He didn’t want to know what would happen if he did and he wouldn’t stay around long enough to find out. He walked until he was in a big open area. There was a huge staircase in the middle that split both ways at the top. On the other side were big doors that one would assume would be the front entrance doors.

 

He made his way to the doors but was stopped by a voice.

“Onew hyung?” Key knew that voice all too well and his heart sank immediately. This was definitely far worse than getting caught by a demon.

 

Key slowly turned around to face the voice and there was Taemin, standing at the top of the staircase. He was dressed in black skinny jeans and a black and white stripped sweater that hung off of one shoulder to show skin.

 

“Key… what are you doing here?” Taemin asked as he walked down the staircase.

“…um… I…” Key was at a loss of words. He didn’t know what to say to the boy.

“Are you okay hyung? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” He asked as he walked closer to Key. “I don’t remember there being ghosts here…” he said under his breath, too quiet for Key to hear.

“I… Y-yeah… I’m fine… Actually I need to tell you-” his voice stopped as he heard a door slam and voices coming closer. ‘! I can’t let them see me!’ he thought. “Be safe, okay Taemin?” Key ran in the opposite direction, heading for the big doors. He swung them open and ran down the street, not stopping until he reached his apartment.

~~

Taemin stood there, confused about the situation that just happened. ‘How did he get in here? Why did he look like that? What does he know?’ these questions ran through Taemin’s head as he stood and listened as the voices got louder.

“I can’t thank you enough Joon” said Onew.

“Anything for you, but you owe me big time!”

“You can have anything you want, just not him.”

 

Onew stopped as he reached the main entryway where Taemin was. Taemin gasped as he saw the two demons come into sight. It had been a while since Onew was in his demon form and not rushing around, trying to save Taemin. The boy had completely forgotten how mesmerizing Onew’s demon form was.

 

“Onew hyung, welcome back!” Taemin smiled brightly, walking closer to Onew.

“Thanks Taemin.” He smiled sweetly and pulled Taemin into a hug. The hug lasted longer than a normal one and only ended when Joon placed his hand on Onew’s shoulder. “Ah… right, thanks Joon.” Onew took a step back before he spoke again, “Taemin this is Joon. He’ll be here for a bit to help me with some things.”

“Annyeong! I’m Taemin, but you probably already knew that.” said Taemin as he bowed at the new demon standing before him.

“Ah, yes hello.” Said Joon nervously. “Onew you still owe me something so let’s go to your office to discuss it.”

 

Joon walked pass Taemin and continued up the stairs in the direction of Onew’s office. Onew nodded and followed. “I’ll be in my office if you need me Taemin-ah.”

 

Taemin sighed as he watched Onew walk away with Joon. He knew they were different but he couldn’t help feeling sad. He didn’t know why but his heart was hurting. It wasn’t like he loved Onew right? He was a male, and a demon! Taemin shook his head, “No, it isn't like that.” He turned around as headed back to his bedroom. He wasn’t feeling hungry all of a sudden and he just wanted to sleep.

 

~~~~

 

It was dark. He tried to look around but was unable. Both his hands and feet were chained to the damp wall behind him. He was breathing hard. Tears were streaming down his face. He was scared. Not because he was chained up, but because he knew what was going to come out of the shadows.

 

“You’re awake.” Said the voice as a figure came into sight.

 

Skin a pale grey, blood red eyes, big black wings behind him and a smirk that could kill. The boy tried to escape from the demon but the chains only dug into his skin more.

 

“Let me go!” screamed the boy.

 

The demon just walked closer and grasped the boy’s face in his hands. “If I did that then I wouldn’t have anything to eat, and you look so delicious.” The demon smirked once again before it leaned closer to the boy, sinking his teeth into the younger’s neck, sending pain into the boy.

 

“Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!” Key woke up screaming in his bed. He was drenched from sweat and shaking from his nightmare. He knew that he needed to tell Taemin what he heard. The sooner the better.

 

He got out of bed and made his way over to the bathroom for a nice warm shower. He hoped that the refreshing feeling would get rid of the queasiness he had in his stomach. As he got out of the shower he felt a lot better, but he couldn’t get the dream out of head. He walked back to his room and got changed for school. He grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl before he left his apartment.

 

When key got to school, he remained by the front gate for Taemin to arrive in one of Onew's fancy sport cars. It was blue this time. A blue Ferrari. Key waited until the car drove away before he moved and talked to Taemin.

 

“Taemin, I need to tell you something.” Key said as he walked up to the younger boy.

“School is about to start hyung, can’t it wait?” said Taemin as he pouted a bit. Something key would always give in to, but not today, not now.

“No Taemin, this is more important than school.” Key grabbed Taemin’s wrist and lead him off school grounds to a park down the street.

“Hyung just tell me! Why do we have to talk so far from the school?” Taemin said as he broke free from Key’s grasp.

“It’s about Onew. I found out something you should know…” Key sighed before he continued, “He’s… he’s not human…”

“I… uh… I know…”

“YOU WHAT!?” Key screamed.

“I said I know.”

“If you know than why are you still with him!?”

“He’s protecting me hyung”

“From what!? He wants to eat you!”

“No, he’s protecting me from the things that want to eat me! He wouldn’t hurt me!”

“How can you be so sure Taemin!? HUH!? He’s a demon Taemin, a demon!!”

 

Taemin fell silent. He didn’t know what to say.

 

“I heard him Taemin. Onew and that other demon. That’s what I was doing there. I needed to know that my baby is safe but he isn’t! He wants you Taemin! He wants to eat your soul and he can’t even stop himself!!”

“…but…”

“That’s why the other demon is there. They’re probably going to kill you together so you can’t escape! They’re going to end you Taemin…”