The Bracelet

Love for a Demon

 

The days went by pretty smoothly since Taemin was with Key. There were no demon attacks thanks to Key’s new hobby. He had spent most of his time reading books on demons and mythological beings. He learned a couple of cool things like that demon had rankings. Sadly he couldn’t find anything more than that. He knew they had rankings but he didn’t know what there were and how to tell the difference.

He also learned some useful things like how to keep a demon away from you and some spells to keep them from finding you.

“You’re like a wizard, except without a wand, fancy hat or a beard.” Taemin giggled as he watched Key preform yet another spell to keep the demons away.

“At least I’m keeping you safe.” Key smiled, “Plus you know I would look ridicules with a beard!” They both laughed at the silly idea of Key with a beard, let alone facial hair. He always said that facial hair was bad since it made his face feel rough instead of soft and smooth, and he vowed to never have any for that reason.

“Taeminnie, where’s your bracelet? I told you to always keep it on you.”

“Sorry Umma, I’ll go get it!” Taemin said as he ran back to his shared room to get his bracelet.

 

Ever since the first day Taemin showed up at Key’s place he was forced to wear a special bracelet. After Key had heard Taemin full story, he grabbed a bunch of supplies and started working. He spent a whole day working on it.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Umma what are you working on so late? It’s 4am, come to bed.” Taemin yawned as he sat beside Key on the floor. The blanket from the bed was wrapped around him.

“Sorry Minnie, I can’t. I have to finish this for you.”

Taemin leaned his head on Key’s shoulder, “What is it?”

“It’s a special bracelet that’s going to keep you safe. Each bead is carved out of ebony and soaked in holy water. After it’s bound together, I’m going to put a couple of spells on it. You have to promise me something through Taemin.” Key said as he stopped his actions and looked over at Taemin.

“What’s that?”

“You have to promise me that you will always wear it. It will keep you safe and undetected from the demons, but only if it’s on you.”

“I promise.” Taemin said as he lifted his head and looked at Key, “Pinky promise” He raised his pinky and picked up Key’s hand to do the same. After they entwined their pinkies, Taemin giggled and placed his head back on Key’s shoulder.

 

*Flashback End*

 

Key was cleaning up his spell casting area when Taemin can back in the room.

“Why are you cleaning up? You usually stay there most of the day.”

“Today’s your birthday isn’t it? We’re going to party.” Key smiled. Taemin just stood there dumbfounded. “What? Did you forget your own birthday?”

Taemin blushed, “Pff- No… How does one forget their own birthday?”

Key laughed. “You can’t lie to me Taemin-ah, I’m the Almighty Key remember? Now go get ready while I have my shower. I feel like I haven’t had one in a thousand years!”

 

Taemin nodded as he walked back to his room. He opened the big closet and sat on the bed, looking at all the options he had. He didn’t bring anything to Key’s when he came since everything he owned was currently with Onew, so Key let him use his clothes. And he had A LOT of clothes. It took him until Key got out of the shower to finally pick something to wear. He picked out a pair of leather leopard print pants, a grey sweater with silver dangling bits on it and some accessories.

Key on the other hand only took five seconds to pick out something to wear. He picked out a pair of black pants, a white shirt with some designs on it, and a black and silver jacket to go over it.

“How did you pick that outfit so fast when you have so much clothes?” Taemin asked.

“I was thinking of what to wear the whole time I was in the shower.”

Taemin laughed. “So where are we going anyways?”

“We’re going to go to one of my favorite clubs.” Key smiled. He walked up to his huge mirror and fixed his hair. When he liked how his hair was placed, he turned around and faced Taemin. “Ready to go?”

“Yup!” Taemin smiled as they walked to the door, got their shoes on and left for the club.

 

Little did they know Taemin’s bracelet was no longer on his wrist.

 


 

Sorry that this chapter is so short... It's kind of a filler chapter but the bracelet was kind of an important detail. I wanted it to end somewhere wlse but than the chapter would have been super long and its been a while since i updated so i just wanted to at least get a simple update out.

 

Oh a happier note, I'm starting another fic. I think it will be pretty good :) I have 2 full pages of just the details for the fic. It's not going to be a long fic, probably one or two chapters depending on how long it is once i'm done writing it.

Also since ou guys are the readers, I've been getting a lot of coments about Joon x Key and i want to know your ideas about it. I have absolutly no plan for them since they were just characters that needed names... SO, Tell me what to do with them!

 

Comment, Vote and Subscribe! Make me feel loved! Please? <3