Answers

Love for a Demon

 

Burning. Burning was all Taemin could register. He could feel the heat move from his neck to every part of his body. It was like he was on fire, stuck in a burning building, unable to escape. There was only one place that was not burning to Taemin. It was his face. Why? Because it was soaked with water. It took Taemin a while for him to notice it was because he was crying.

 

He could hear faint screams in the background. It was a blood curdling scream that left his skin with goosebumps. It sounded like pure murder and Taemin wished for it to stop. He only noticed the screams were coming from him when his throat hurt. He tried to stop, knowing that his throat was already raw and sore.

 

When the screaming stopped he could hear it. He could hear his blood flowing. He could hear it escaping him. He could hear the swallowing from the demon on him. But worst of all, he could hear the weeping and sobbing coming from Onew. He could hear his cries from his broken heart. And he could feel it. He could feel the tears from Onew. They would fall from Onew's face onto Taemin’s neck, slowly rolling into the wound onto his neck, stinging from the natural salt.

 

He whimpered and cried as he tried to bring his arms up to stop Onew. “Onew… please… It hurts…” he whispered as he grabbed Onew's arms, trying to break the demon’s grasp.

 

It was useless though, and he knew that. Little Lee Taemin couldn’t do anything. He could just stand there. Stand there and beg and cry, hoping that it would all stop. A mere human couldn’t stand a chance against a demon as powerful as Onew.

 

But they were different.

 

They weren’t just human and demon, no… They had a bond. A very special bond that Taemin didn’t know of. It was a bond that no one was capable of breaking, and it was the one thing that would keep Taemin alive.

 

Onew let go of Taemin and fell to the ground, clutching his heart. He laid on the ground groaning in pain, choking on his sobs. He looked up to see Taemin starting to fall as well. He moved just enough to catch the boy before he hit the ground.

 

“O-Onew…” Taemin cried, fighting to keep his eyes open.

“Taemin… Oh God I’m so sorry! Taemin? TAEMIN!!” Onew screamed as the boy he was holding went limp in his arms.

 

~~

 

Darkness. Complete darkness. ‘Is this the end? Am I dead?’ he asked himself as he started to walk. He walked until he saw a light. It was a warm light, one that made Taemin smile. He continued until the light completely surrounded him.

 

He opened his eyes and saw the ceiling. The same ceiling he woke up the first two times he was unconscious, which left him to believe he was in Onew's bed. He groaned and shifted in the bed, head still hurting from passing out.

 

“Taemin” he looked over and saw Onew sitting in a chair beside him. His eyes were red and puffy and Taemin could tell he had been crying. “Taemin I’m so sorry… I… I didn’t mean… I couldn’t…” Tears started welling up in Onew's eyes again.

“What he’s trying to say is that he couldn’t stop his demon side.” Said Joon as he walked to Onew and placed his hand on his shoulder. “Something triggered his thirst…”

“How am I still alive than?” Taemin asked weakly as he tried to sit up.

“The bond…” said Onew as he whipped his eyes.

“What bond?”

“It’s a special bond that we share. A demon is only able to love one being in his or her lifetime. The first time the demon sees them, the bond is put in place. It’s a bond that allows them true love. It shows devotion and admiration. The bond also makes it that one is not able to kill the other. That’s why you were saved...”

“W-wait… so we’re like soul mates?”

“I guess that’s one way to say it… but there is something more important that I need to tell you Taemin-ah.” Onew shifted in his seat. He was not mentally ready to tell Taemin the truth but he knew the boy needed to know before the day comes too close.

“So you’re finally giving me answers...” Taemin leaned against the headboard of the bed. ‘It’s about time’ Taemin thought. He had been waiting for a long time, not knowing anything and not he was happy he would finally understand. He was happy yet scared at the same time. He knew that Onew had kept the answers a secret from him for a reason, and now he would find out why.

 

“Your soul is very rare. It’s a soul that only comes around once every millennium and is usually eaten and destroyed before it’s awakening.” Onew sighed before he continued, “Taemin… your soul… it’s… the same as Lucifer’s.”

“WHAT!?” Taemin would have screamed, if not for his still sore throat. “So you’re saying I’m some weird offspring of Lucifer? Some almighty demon that goes around killing things for the hell of it!?”

 

“No, it’s actually the complete opposite. Lucifer was an Archangel. He was created by God just as all angels were, but his role was different from the other angelic hosts. Lucifer was referred to as the 'covering angel'. Lucifer was established by God to be the angel of worship, one whose ministry surrounded the heart of heaven. Lucifer was created to dwell eternally in the throne room of heaven, in the very presence of God.

To dwell in the awesome presence of a perfect and holy God, Lucifer had to be perfect. There was nothing ordinary or plain about his appearance. Adorned with gold and precious stones, he truly fit the name, 'Son of the Morning'. He was a step above the other angels, not only in appearance but also in intellect. Lucifer's wisdom far exceeded that of other angelic beings. He understood the ways of God.

But Lucifer's splendor and beauty did not last forever. While ministering, he began to consider his own position of prominence. Lucifer became prideful, believing that he deserved more than what he already had. He wanted to become like the Most High.

Lucifer had wisdom, beauty, ability, perfection, and yet he wanted more; he wanted to be worshiped like God. But God does not share His glory, nor does He permit another to receive worship. So before Lucifer had a chance to make his move, he was removed from the presence of God. Cast out of heaven like a bolt of lightning, Lucifer was stripped of his beauty, his position, and his rights to heaven.

Satan's constant attempt ever since has been to oppose the mighty plan of God. He created beings of his own and called them Demons. He led them and told them that if they were to ever encounter an angel, to kill it.”

 

Taemin just sat there in shock. He didn’t understand anything and honestly, he was terrified. It took all of his willpower to not get up and bolt out of the mansion this very minute.

 

“Taemin you follow Lucifer’s soul before he was stripped of everything holy. You’re… an Archangel.

 


Wow so this chapter was the DEATH of me. I'm sorry it took so damn long for me to post! I rewrote this chapter at least 4 times. The beginning is complete crap but i'm too tired to fix it. I'm pretty sure there was more that i wanted to tell you readers, but i forgot T~T

Thank you all for reading and commenting on my fic! It means a lot to me <3