His New Home

Love for a Demon

 

The car ride to Taemin’s new home want by a lot faster than he would have thought. They drove around to the back of the church. Onew reached over to the dashboard of the car and pushed a button. The floor started to move and slope down and show an underground parking space.

 

“Wow!” Taemin said as his eyes widened.

“Cool isn’t it? I installed it myself” said Onew with a smirk as he continued to drive down.

 

Taemin continued to stare wide eyed at the underground parking lot. As Onew continued to drive, he passed a bunch of different cars, some old, some new and a bunch of really fancy looking ones. All of different colours and patterns. Taemin gapped at them as Onew parked the car and got out. Taemin picked up his bag and got out of the car.

 

“You have a lot of cars!”

“I collect them. It’s one of my small joys of living for so long,” he smiled at Taemin. “I was actually the owner of the first car ever made. Anyways enough about cars, follow me and I’ll bring you to your room.”

 

Taemin nodded and walked beside Onew. They walked up the staircase out of the garage and ended up in the main hallway. They passed by a bunch of doors until the came to the main staircase. They continued up those stairs and turned right at the top, heading in the direction of the room Taemin was in the first time –Which he assumed was Onew’s. They passed that room and stopped at the room right beside it.

 

“This is your room Taemin. All of your stuff is already in there.”

“Thanks,” he said as he opened the door. He gasped as he saw the room. It was huge! It was a bit smaller than Onew’s but it was still bigger than any room in his old house. All of Taemin’s items were put away and nicely organized. “Wow! Did you do all of this?”

“With the help of some of the maids, yes. They know a bit more about interior design then I do.” He said sheepishly. “Anyways, I have to go do some work in the study. It’s just down the hall, third room to your left. Feel free to wander and explore. If you need anything then just come to me or ask one of the maids or butlers.”

 

Onew started to leave but was stopped by Taemin’s hand. “There is one question that I’ve been dying to get an answer for.”

The elder tilted his head, “What is it?”

“How is the place so small on the outside but so big on the inside?”

“It’s a parallel universe,” he smirked. “You see, powerful demons are able to open portals to parallel universes. The one we’re in right now has opposite space. Small places become big and visa versa. That’s also the reason why when you leave through the front door, you never bypass the old church, but when you enter from the front door, you only get the old church. It’s rigged so that you can only enter through the back door unless I let you in through the front.”

 

“Wow that’s really cool! So we’re in a completely different universe!?”

Onew nodded as he turned to leave once again. “I’ll call you for dinner later Taemin.”

 

Taemin watched as Onew left his room. He turned around to inspect his room a bit more. He walked over to the bed and looked at the sheets. They were a dark red and very silky. The definitely didn’t belong to him. He smiled at the thought of Onew buying them specifically for him. His smile was quickly torn away as he remembered that Onew was a demon, and a male at that. He was definitely beautiful and handsome but Taemin felt it was wrong.

 

Throughout his life he’s always been told that being gay is wrong and looked down upon, but he never changed. He use to crush on other boys in his younger grades but one day it drastically changed for him.

 

*Flashback*

He was about 12 when it happened. He was hanging off of one of his friends Jonghyun. They were walking to class. They use to be really close and they would share anything and everything with the other. That was until one day Jonghyun found out about Taemin’s feelings. He gathered a bunch of his friends and cornered Taemin at the back of the school.

 

“How could you feel that way!? It’s so gross!” he pushed Taemin to the ground.

“Jonghyun, I-I’m sorry! Please!” said Taemin as he started to sob.

“Please what? Please be my friend? Please love me back? Please forget about it!? How can one forget about that!?” he kicked sand into Taemin’s face, causing his to cough and rub at his eyes.

“I’m sorry! Don’t do this! Stop”

“Not gonna happen poor Taemin-ah. I’m going to kick all the gay out of me so you can take it back!” said Jonghyun as he started to kick Taemin. Not too long the other boys started to kick the boy as well.

 

When the boys finally finished, Taemin was blue and black everywhere. He was bleeding in several places but nothing was major enough for the hospital. “You’re weak Taemin. Make sure you never come near me again!” and with that, the boys let Taemin there. It took a while for Taemin to finally get up and walk home. His mother nearly had a heart attack when she saw the damages on Taemin. She tried to help but Taemin brushed her of and walked his room. He didn’t come out for days and missed school. He didn’t want to show his face after all that happened. The whole school would know by now and Taemin had already lost all of his friends.

 

When he finally went back to school, he noticed he was right. No one would talk to him and he was alone. People would pick on him and that never stopped until he went into high school.

*Flashback end*

 

Taemin shook his head and decided to wander a bit. He walked out of his room and made his way down the main staircase. He noticed a bunch of maids cleaning the fixtures. He walked up to one of them that was cleaning a picture that intrigued him, and introduced himself.

“Hi, I’m Lee Taemin. That’s a really nice painting, who’s the artist?”

The lady turned around and Taemin nearly screamed. The lady’s face was a very pale grey colour and she had deep red eyes. She had dark gray around her eyes. On the sides of her face there were small scares.  “Vincent Van Gogh” she said without emotion.

 

“Excuse me for asking but are you a demon?” Taemin asked shyly.

“No”

Taemin hesitated before asking another question, scared of the answer. “What are you then?”

 

“Human”