Missing You Episode 5

Missing You

a light wave of humor, which we desperately needed after being depressed from the previous episodes.

 

 

Soo Yeon sits in pain, thinking back on all of her memories with Jung Woo, who promised to stay with her and not ignore her, unless he gets scared. She cries thinking about how he left her on the day of the first snow.

A hand tugs at her pants. It’s Hyung Joon, who is also crying.

“Don’t go. I waited, but my mom ended up dying,” says Hyung Joon. “If you go, I have no one.”

Soo Yeon is reminded of what Jung Woo said about how one friend is enough, and she ends up being that one friend for Hyung Joon.

 

 

Meanwhile, Detective Kim and Jung Woo enter into a pool hall, where one man quickly hides at the sight of Detective Kim. He finally surrenders himself to Detective Kim, who makes small talk. In fact, all the men in the pool hall are a little stiff with Detective Kim there.

Detective Kim then finds Chief Choi (Song Jae Ho), who corrects his title as the CEO of the hall. Detective Kim introduces him to Jung Woo as a father figure.

Offering coffee to Chief Choi, Detective Kim asks to borrow the ‘kids’ so he can find a number and find Soo Yeon. It turns out Chief Choi was actually a police chief before and tells Detective Kim to do his police work elsewhere.

That’s when Detective Kim reveals that he quit being a police and everyone in the pool hall groan and relaxes as Detective Kim apologizes. All the people in the hall must have been arrested by Detective Kim at one point. Haha.

 

 

In CEO Han’s office, the assistant pulls out a list of phone numbers dialed to Jung Woo’s phone from the fax machine. Now they’ll be able to figure out where Nurse Hye Mi is.

The assistant asks what to do with Jung Woo.

CEO Han says, “I’m a very lucky man to know early on. If I had to go through everything to raise that kind of kid, it would have been quite disappointing.”

CEO Han tells his assistant never to mention Jung Woo in front of him.

And the award for Scumbag Father of the Year goes to CEO Han.

At the pool hall, all the ex-criminals read through the newspaper story, laughing that the druggie-napper basically allowed himself to get caught by spilling all the evidence around.

 

 

With the help of one of the ex-criminals, Detective Kim gets a list of all the phone numbers called by the person (Nurse Hye Mi) who took Soo Yeon. The ex-criminals look over the numbers, when one person recognizes one.

It belongs to a man named Mangchi, whose specialty is making fake IDs and passports. Making a surprise visit, Detective Kim threatens Mangchi to spill the details.

Jung Woo’s waiting for Soo Yeon to call, when Eun Joo comes to the pool hall to find Jung Woo has been cleaning the place.

She complains to Chief Choi saying Jung Woo is still hurt, and Chief Choi’s only reply is that Eun Joo keeps on getting uglier. (Can Chief Choi keep coming out in the series?)

 

 

Eun Joo angrily says good-bye as she pulls Jung Woo back home.

She tells him to sleep at their house, while Soo Yeon’s mom is asleep, but Jung Woo doesn’t feel comfortable. Eun Joo insists, and tell him to wait while she checks if Soo Yeon’s mom is passed out.

While standing outside alone, Jung Woo notices Soo Yeon’s ‘I Miss You’ written on the wall. He starts to cry, feeling guilty all over again. He whispers, “I’m not crying because I’m sad. It’s because the wind is blowing.”

Just then Soo Yeon’s mom arrives, asking Jung Woo why he’s here after killing Soo Yeon.

 

 

She cries, hitting Jung Woo and throwing Soo Yeon’s yellow umbrella to the ground, telling him to take it with him. She blames Jung Woo for Soo Yeon’s disappearance over and over again.

Then she turns to Eun Joo, asking why they’re all alive when Soo Yeon is dead.

She completely falls apart, as Eun Joo hugs her, comforting her saying Soo Yeon’s still alive.

Back at the pool hall, Chief Choi picks up the yellow umbrella from the ground and puts it on the bed. He stares at it with sympathy.

 

 

Jung Woo receives a call, but unfortunately, it’s not Soo Yeon.
Detective Kim apologizes for disappointing him and tells Jung Woo to keep his chin up and smile.

We see that Detective Kim’s on the right trail, as he fingers Nurse Hyemi and Hyung Jun’s ID photos.

To make Jung Woo feel better, he sings the Korean version of Old McDonald Has a Farm.

Jung Woo asks about the song, and Detective Kim says, “It’s a meaningful song that tells us that everyone has their own sounds to make as they live their lives. A person lives like a person. A dog lives like a dog. And a police man, like a police man.”

He tells Jung Woo to never forget that.

Jung Woo says he has a feeling they can find Soo Yeon because he tested it out while washing the mop, and it said she will come. He doesn’t tell Detective Kim what the water ripples mean, saying Detective Kim can find out when they find Soo Yeon.

“It’s a secret that only Soo Yeon told me when we became friends.”

 

 

The next day, Mangchi makes the passport delivery to Nurse Hyemi in the subway station, as Detective Kim watches from afar. He secretly chases after her, following her to the house where the children are.

At the same time, CEO Han is hot on the trail, as he finds a building with hand-drawn pictures by Hyung Jun outside. The building, however, is empty.

As Nurse Hyemi, Hyung Jun, and Soo Yeon are ready to leave to another country, CEO Han calls and Nurse Hyemi freezes. Hyung Jun snatches the phone and quietly listens, just as a train toots on both lines. Hyung Jun quickly hangs up and CEO Han realizes they are in the same area.

Detective Kim looks around the area and peers into a little hole in the window. He sees Soo Yeon’s back and scrambles to get a better look, when Hyung Jun stands in front. He alerts the others that someone is here.

 

 

Detective Kim gets a call from Jung Woo, who is told that they might find Soo Yeon today. Just then, he hears a window break and he goes to investigate.

While he’s pre-occupied, Hyung Jun drinks a can of soda and stares at Detective Kim’s car.

Just then, Detective Kim notices Nurse Hyemi pulling out and quickly chases after her.

Jung Woo runs up to Soo Yeon’s house with the good news, when he notices that the lamppost light bulb has been broken.

The chase is on, as Detective Kim is finally able to drive beside Nurse Hyemi’s car and sees Soo Yeon. He calls out for her, but she doesn’t hear.

 

 

Meanwhile, Jung Woo fixes the lamppost with a new light bulb. He beams a smile at it, but we get a feeling things aren’t going to end happily.

The chase continues, as the two cars go up the bumpy roads of a mountain.

Detective Kim, smiles, completely sure that it’s Soo Yeon, when suddenly, his brake pedal stops working. We see a can of soda in the way of the pedal.

Oh no, Hyung Jun...

 

 

Hyung Jun looks back in time to see Detective Kim struggle, trying everything to slow the car down.

With sad eyes, he calls out Soo Yeon’s name, and Soo Yeon turns around briefly.

Back at the ‘I Miss You’ wall, Jung Woo apologizes silently.

“I’m sorry for running away alone. Forgive me. But I won’t say things like that anymore. Soo Yeon, when I see you, I just have one thing to say...”

The wind suddenly starts to blow and Jung Woo doesn’t finish his thoughts, just as Detective Kim hits a sharp curve.

Unable to slow down, the car tips over and rolls down the side of the mountain.

Soo Yeon turns back, but is distracted when Hyung Jun puts his head on her shoulder.

 

 

Eun Joo quietly spreads her father’s ashes as Soo Yeon’s mother cries. Jung Woo stands by them.

“Ajussi,” Jung Woo says to Detective Kim when he’s alone. “Thank you. From now on, I’ll be looking for Soo Yeon.”

He throws the flower into the air as the pedals fly out.
When the camera zooms back out, young Jung Woo is no longer there.

 

 

Time has passed, and Jung Woo (now Park Yoo Chun) has grown up into a fine looking adult.

It’s finally 2012.

A car pulls in and the driver opens the door. It’s the kidnapper. It turns out he’s the owner of a large luxurious karaoke place. He asks his employee to reserve the VIP room for a special guest, but the employee replies that the Crazy Rabbit is here because it’s his off-day.

The kidnapper sneers, annoyed as it frequently happens.

 

 

Crazy Rabbit turns out to be Jung Woo, who is singing, terribly (and we mean just plain awful with voices cracking and ears bleeding), The Classic’s The Magic Castle, the song Soo Yeon often sang. On reserve is the same song, over and over again.

The kidnapper barges into the room as soon as the song ends, saying Jung Woo can go home now, but Jung Woo shushes him up as The Magic Castle starts up again.

Fed up, the kidnapper cancels the song, telling Jung Woo to go date.

 

“I want to,” says Jung Woo. “So find me my girlfriend.”

The kidnapper doesn’t know where Soo Yeon is and Jung Woo gets violent, pushing him against the wall.

“Don’t cancel my songs anymore. You might die.”
“Why do you keep doing this to me?” whines the kidnapper.
Uh...because you kidnapped him?

Jung Woo sits in a room, eating kimbap and soondae (stuffed pig intestines) when drugging-napper comes in, wearing his prison uniform and handcuffs.

“I thought I was going to crazy because I missed you,” greets Jung Woo.
The druggie-napper rolls his eyes, telling the guard that he didn’t want to meet Jung Woo anymore.

Jung Woo tells him to shut it and sit down.

We find out that the druggie-napper has only a few more days before he’s freed (He served for 14 years, a lot longer than he predicted he would).

 

 

Jung Woo stuffs a soondae in the druggie-napper’s mouth and bullies him. But druggie-napper doesn’t let it go easily.

“Did you find your girlfriend yet? She was real pretty.”

Jung Woo’s face freezes, and the next thing we know, he kicks over the druggie-napper to the floor.

“That’s why I became a detective – to kill you and legally.”

The druggie-napper scoffs, saying, “You grew up a lot since you left your girlfriend behind and ran away.” He picks up a chair and hits Jung Woo.

The druggie-napper points out that Jung Woo hit him first, so he reacted in self-defense and everything’s caught on camera.

Jung Woo replies, “Oh, you mean the CCTV? It’s eating soondae.”
The druggie-napper looks up, and the CCTV has a soondae taped to it.

Hahaha.

 

 

They get in a scuffle and Jung Woo’s on the winning side.

“Don’t you know how much I love you? I couldn’t even eat or sleep for so many years because of you. Every time I sleep or wake up, all I think about is you. If that’s not love, what is?” says Jung Woo, as the druggie-napper calls for the guard.

Jung Woo continues to punch the druggie-napper, and only stops when Soo Yeon calls him in his head. He warns the druggie-napper not to die without his permission when he gets out of prison.

 

 

Although it was refreshing to see the druggie-napper get beaten to a pulp a second time, Jung Woo gets in trouble with his boss at the police station for all the mischief he’s caused. Luckily, his trusty partner saves the day long enough for Jung Woo playfully slip away with a phone call, leaving his partner to take all the blame.

Jung Woo runs off to Soo Yeon’s house, where Soo Yeon’s mother has prepared dinner for him. She asks where his salary is and she gets upset that he sent it directly to the account. “How many times did I tell you to bring the cash to me in a white envelope?”

Yes, Jung Woo. Fulfill Soo Yeon’s mother’s dreams every month. She at least deserves that.

 

 


She scolds him like a child, as Jung Woo responds like a rebellious teenager, and it is just too adorable for us to handle.

Just then the bedroom door opens, and a woman crawls out, hair all over her face, asking for water. It’s Eun Joo (Jang Mi In Ae) and we realize that she no longer calls Soo Yeon’s mom ajumma, but mom.

Suddenly it begins to pour and Soo Yeon’s mom drags Jung Woo out to get the laundry.

While pulling the clothes off the line, a clothespin falls and Jung Woo picks it up.

A moment of sadness falls above the two, but then Jung Woo pins it on Soo Yeon’s mother’s hair and says, “Do it like from now on. It’s just my style.”

 

 

Eun Joo comes out and opens to drink the rain water.

Soo Yeon’s mom sighs as her stepdaughter is so pathetic, and tells Jung Woo to take her away.

“I would like to, but if I do, my honey will be too lonely, no?” Jung Woo back hugs Soo Yeon′s mom affectionately.

Soo Yeon’s mom hits Jung Woo for being too cheesy as Eun Joo stands in the middle, protecting Jung Woo.

Jung Woo and Eun Joo tease Soo Yeon’s mom as the rain continues to fall.

 

 

When the rain stops, Jung Woo writes over Soo Yeon’s ‘I Miss You’ on the wall. He’s done it for so long that the sentence is now etched on the wall.

Suddenly, young Soo Yeon appears, and we’re back to a similar scene from episode 2, as Jung Woo says that he’s so angry that he’s about to go crazy.

“I’m only going to wait today. Just today. Just today.”
Soo Yeon disappears. “I’m really going to go crazy

We’re taken to an indoor swimming pool when someone swimming suddenly starts panicking and drowns.

The police and Jung Woo arrive at the scene but the swimmer is already dead.

 

 

The scene cuts into a girl filming a video for Jung Woo. She’s upset that he didn’t come to pick her up. Just then, Fake Mom comes and it’s revealed the girl is Ahreum (Lee Se Young), Jung Woo’s half sister, who has a pretty bad attitude towards his mom.

Apparently she has been keeping in touch with Jung Woo in secret. She asks what will make CEO Han angrier: Ahreum talking to Jung Woo, or the fact that Fake Mom knew about their relationship but kept that a secret.

Fake Mom shuts her daughter up, and brings up the business that she’s trying to raise up, but even if the business is successful, she doesn’t plan on divorcing CEO Han, until she’s gotten her money’s worth out of the relationship.

Fake Mom talks about how she needs to get a contract signed with someone named Joy.

 

 

The next scene shows the person named Joy pushing a cart full of clothes and boxes of shoes in a hurry. That Joy turns out to be Soo Yeon (Yun Eun Hye).

There’s a problem as one of the workers chases her, speaking in French.

An upset Korean fashion designer is throwing clothes all around, mad that Joy and her sponsor pushed the designer’s show to cancellation. Joy doesn’t say anything but slaps the girl, telling her to pick all the clothes up.

“If you think this is upsetting, get your own sponsor.”

This new Soo Yeon is kind of scary but cool.

Just then, a tapping is heard and Joy spins around the room, even crawling on the floor to find the source. She’s finally in front of a gentleman with a cane. She gets up and hugs him but realizes it’s not the person she’s looking for.

 

 

In French, she asks who the cane belongs to, and then in the back, Hyung Jun (Yoo Seung Ho) appears, answering in French.

Joy runs up to him and gives him a huge hug and sigh of relief.

Leaving the dressing room, Joy and Hyung Jun talk about work problems, as Fake Mom and Ahreum spot Joy.

Joy complains about not being able to sleep after flying in from Paris.

 

 

“So that must be it, because the woman I love wouldn’t slap people like that,” says Hyung Jun. He then adds if she was scared that designer would throw a lawsuit in her face.

Joy doesn’t care. “The man that I like will send me an expensive lawyer.”
Then she addresses him as Harry Borrison.

(Ugh…why does everyone have a new name!)

Joy and Harry (we’ll go by their English names for now) continue to flirt and smile as they walk out the lobby.

Fake Mom spits out that she knew Joy had a sponsor, but Harry’s probably not it. Joy must be cheating on her sponsor by playing around with a little kid.

 

 

We’re back at the police scene, where we find out the dead swimmer is actually Nurse Hyemi.

There are no signs or murder, but Jung Woo asks to double check, just in case.

Jung Woo figures that they should look at the CCTV to see what really happened.

In order to do that, Jung Woo and his partner enter the house mansion of Nurse Hyemi’s guardian. But at the moment, he’s on a business trip.

Jung Woo looks around, admiring all the expensive things in the house, slapping the aquarium to scare some fix, when he comes to a locked door.

 

 

As he tries to go through the door, a hidden entrance inside the room gets shut by the wall. There’s a large photo of Harry and Joy hanging on it.

Jung Woo tries to force his way into the door and immediately stopped by his partner.

They hire a locksmith to get the door open and Jung Woo leaves his partner to pay the fee (We find it funny that he kicks around his veteran partner).

Jung Woo looks around and comes to the picture on the wall.

He stares at Joy, as if noticing or feeling something. He peers closely and reaches out his hand to touch Joy’s face in the picture, when music starts to play.

 

 

The music transitions us to Joy and Harry, who are driving.

Harry talks about how he’s surprised to see Joy in Korea, even if it’s for a show.

“I guess I don’t have to worry about you anymore.”

Knowing what he’s talking about, Joy waves her finger in his face, erasing his bad memories.

“I made nice memories with you,” says Joy. “Besides, I don’t even remember what I used to look like…because I got so pretty.” Harry’s objects the claim, when a phone call interrupts him.

 

 

It’s Jung Woo.

He’s calling to inform Harry that Nurse Hyemi has died.

Shocked, Harry pulls over to the curb as Joy asks what’s wrong.

Jung Woo hears Joy’s voice and freezes, then asks if he’s still on the line.

Harry says he’ll call back and hangs up the phone.

Jung Woo appears confused by the phone and he turns to look at the picture one more time.

 

 

The dark hidden room behind the portrait appears empty, with CCTV screens and a portrait of Hyun Joo on the wall.

It’s unclear if someone is inside the room, but it’s creepy as Jung Woo is seen walking around in the house on the monitor.

Joy watches her fashion show rehearsal like a hawk, fixing every little thing.

She meets eyes with Harry, who smiles at her from the back of the room. She talks to a model then turns back to where Harry is, but he’s not there anymore.

 

 

Just then, Fake Mom appears out of nowhere with a fake smile, and informs Joy that her boyfriend just left. She introduces herself, saying that she’s tried so hard to get Joy signed but was rejected.

Joy doesn’t seem that interested as Fake Mom puts her business card in Joy’s hand. Joy looks a bit startled to have Fake Mom hold her hand, and Fake Mom apologizes and tells Joy to give her a call when she’s in Seoul.

As soon as Fake Mom is gone, Joy throws the business card away.

The fashion show comes to a brilliant end, but when all the models and audience members wait for Joy to appear, she doesn’t.

Instead, Joy worriedly runs off to her hotel room, where she finds Harry sleeping with his headphones on.

 

 

She scolds him for disappearing without a word

She watches him sleep and smiles.

When he opens his eyes, it’s Joy who has fallen asleep on the arm of the chair.

He lets out a sigh of worry.

Joy’s phone starts to ring. It’s Harry. What….?

It turns out he left the hotel and is headed to Seoul. Joy scolds him for leaving her without telling her. He tells her to eat breakfast then fly back to Paris – he’ll join her there later.

She asks what’s wrong and Harry finally tells her that Nurse Hyemi passed away after drinking and swimming.

Joy doesn’t respond, shocked over the news – maybe triggering bad memories, but Joy asks if she should join him and Harry declines the offer.

 

 

While he waits for Harry, Jung Woo notices all the CCTVs on Harry’s property.

After his phone call with Joy, Harry gets out of his car and is greeted by Jung Woo, who asks if he′s Harry.

They introduce themselves to each other and shake hands.

 

 

Alone, Joy flies back to Seoul from Jejudo, as she sees a daughter reuniting with a mom. She turns away a bit sad, when a man grabs her from the back.

She freaks out, still terrified of being touched by another man.

He’s just a taxi driver, but Joy is terrified by his appearance and hurriedly walks away. She calls Harry, but he doesn’t pick up because he’s identifying Nurse Hyemi′s dead body.

Harry cries as Jung Woo puts his arm around Harry to comfort him.

 

 

As they drive back to the mansion, it begins to rain and Jung Woo puts his hand out to touch the rain. His partner tells him to shut the window, since they’re not alone, but Harry says it’s okay; he likes the rain too.

Jung Woo agrees, but his partner starts complaining about Jung Woo’s weird addiction to the weather.

“Just rain? When it’s raining, you’re like ‘It’s raining!’ and when it’s snowing, you’re like ‘It’s snowing!’ and then when the wind is blowing, you’re like ‘the wind’s blowing!’ – it’s endless. You’re letting yourself go and that’s why you’re called the Crazy Rabbit.

Jung Woo reminds his partner they’re not alone in the car, as Harry watches from the back. They continue to drive with Jung Woo’s hand out in the rain.

 

 

In a cab, Joy is also feeling the rain with the window down, until the driver asks her to close it. She smiles at her phone, as a picture of Joy and Harry is shown on the screen. (It’s like this couple only took ONE picture and uses it for everything)

Joy arrives at the gate of Harry’s house, as Jung Woo is dropping Harry at home.

Jung Woo tells Harry to contact him whenever needed and Harry heads inside.

At the gate, Jung Woo tells his partner to go open the gate, but his partner fakes a terrible cough and Jung Woo groans and gets out of the car.

As he tries to figure out where the button to open the gate is, he hears, “The rain is stopping. Not stopping. The rain is stopping. Not stopping.”

 

 

Jung Woo freezes and turns to where it’s coming from.

Joy is sitting on the other side of the fence, waiting for Harry to return her call. She taps her foot on the ground just as she did when she was a child, and seeing that, Jung Woo goes into shock.

Just then, Joy turns to leave and Jung Woo snaps awake.

He screams in desperation for her to stop as he tries to get to her somehow.

Jung Woo tries to climb over it as Joy continues to walk away.