Missing You Episode 13

Missing You

 

CEO Han enters the hospital room as Hyun Joo beams at him.

CEO Han’s assistant tells him that Hyun Joo waits for him all the time. CEO Han replies that that’s the way it should be, especially since he let her live.

He orders that Hyun Joo be made into a human again since there will be a special guest coming.

At the tent bar, Harry sits down at Joy’s usual spot and texts Joy to come join him at her favorite place.

Joy, on the other hand, is going on an emotional roller coaster ride, as she faces Jung Woo, who asks why she’s there.

 

 

Before she gives him a verbal answer, Fake Mom enters the room and calls Joy’s name. Joy closes the curtains on Jung Woo and steps over to the dress she and Jung Woo were looking at earlier.

Fake Mom reminds Joy that it’s her first project, while Jung Woo fiddles with the button in his hand behind closed curtains.

 

 

“It’s lacking and the needlework is awkward too. It hurt too after getting poked by the needles,” says Joy on the dress. “But even so, now that I see it again, it makes me happy.”

Jung Woo smiles.

Joy adds that she can’t forget a single thing, although she didn’t want to see it again, since it was so difficult back then. “But now that I see it again, it makes me happy.”

She asks Fake Mom if she starts working there, will she see it often?

Jung Woo’s eyes light up, knowing that Joy is not talking about the dress.
Fake Mom is super happy about the statement.

Joy asks for a cup of water, and Fake Mom runs off.

 

 

Joy returns to the curtains, as Jung Woo calls out for Soo Yeon.

“I wish…you would stop hurting,” replies Joy. “I’m okay now.”

They’re momentarily staring at each other, separated by a curtain as tears drop from Joy’s eyes.

The door clicks open, and Jung Woo pulls her to his side of the curtains and pushes her against the wall.

Fake Mom calls out for Joy.

“I’ll forget tomorrow. Just today…just for today…Soo Yeon,” begs Jung Woo, who gets closer to Joy’s face.

Fake Mom’s headed to where they are, when she is distracted by a phone call and leaves the room.

 

 

Joy tries to leave Jung Woo, but he has her cornered.

He tells her that he can’t forget her and Joy looks at him surprised.

“You don’t know this, but on the bus towards your house, I thought my heart would explode,” confesses Jung Woo. Joy is confused.

“I thought I was going to faint in front of you.”

Jung Woo finally tells Joy about how he kept getting startled the first time he went to her house, because everyone kept talking about first kisses.

“Because I remembered how I had my first kiss with you. You don’t know it,” says Jung Woo, tears falling down his face.

Joy reaches for his cheek and Jung Woo grabs her hand.

“So…don’t be surprised. It’s not our first time.”

 

 

As tears fall, Jung Woo slowly leans in towards Joy’s face and the two share their second kiss.

(But it’s such a long kiss and Park Yoo Chun starts to eat Yun Eun Hye’s face that it makes us slightly uncomfortable.)

Jung Woo pulls back momentarily to brush her hair out of her face and call her Soo Yeon again.

Young Soo Yeon narrates that she really likes Jung Woo and wonders what Jung Woo thinks. She asks Jung Woo what she’s going to do during the first snow fall and young Jung Woo replies that he’s going to meet his only friend, Lee Soo Yeon.

 

 

While Jung Woo and Joy continue their second and third kisses, Harry’s at the tent bar, waiting for Joy’s reply.

Instead of Joy, however, a phone call comes from Fake Mom, who asks where Joy is. Harry’s about to hang up, when he knocks his cane over the table.

As he picks up his cane, he hears Fake Mom calling out for Joy. Harry puts the phone back to his ear again.

At the shop, Jung Woo leads Joy out of the shop, as Fake Mom asks why the two are together. Harry’s face changes as soon as he hears Jung Woo’s name in the conversation.

Jung Woo tells Fake Mom that he’ll be coming back the next day and leaves the shop with Joy.

Fake Mom is confused but she remembers that she’s on the phone with Harry.
Playing it off, Harry tells Fake Mom that the three of them are actually friends and that Joy and Jung Woo must be on their way to see him for drinks.

He hangs up the phone as anger bubbles inside him. He clenches his cane.

 

 

In the car, Jung Woo receives a call from Harry. Joy offers to pick it up and explain, but Jung Woo refuses the offer since it’s his call.

He picks up and Harry straightforwardly tells Jung Woo to come drink with him.

“I found Soo Yeon,” replies Jung Woo.

Harry freezes, then congratulates him.

Jung Woo wonders how he should feel getting congratulated by Harry. Realizing he’s been caught in his trickery, Harry tells Jung Woo to give the phone to Joy, but Jung Woo tells Harry to find Joy on his own and ends the conversation.

 

 

The phone alarm starts to ring at 7 PM and Jung Woo repeats “Lee Soo Yeon” three times before Joy finally calls out, “Han Jung Woo.”

Jung Woo stares at Joy.

“I found you.”

He continues to call out her name.

The car stops at their playground.

Joy stares at it with a smile and Jung Woo watches her.

He calls her Soo Yeon, and Joy replies automatically.

A bit surprised that Joy actually replied, Jung Woo pulls her his way to get out of the car.

They’re both startled when they’re so close to each other’s face. Then trying to separate, they hit each other’s heads and laugh.

 

 

Joy sits on the swings, remembering the first time they met on the playgrounds.

Jung Woo wraps a blanket around her. “Ah, so this is what you look like.”

Joy smiles.

Joy ponders if the swings have gotten smaller or they’ve just gotten bigger. Jung Woo confirms it, saying he can’t swing high anymore because his feet get caught.

“But do you know that you haven’t changed a bit?” asks Joy.

“When I first saw you, you were so pretty. You were so pretty when you gave me the umbrella under the slide. When you stared at me at the streetlamp, you were so pretty,” says Jung Woo. Joy smiles again. “Like you are right now. You haven’t changed a bit. Did you think if you hid like that, I wouldn’t know?”

He adds, “I’m sorry. Forgive me…. I won’t say things like that now, but when I see you, I’ll say what I want to say one at a time…”

He begins to recite what Soo Yeon wrote in her journal about wondering if Jung Woo liked her.

Jung Woo says that he always wanted to reply to her question.

He stares at Joy and says, “I like you. Lee Soo Yeon. I like you,”

Joy tears up as Jung Woo comments that it feels like time is finally passing.

“15…. And one second, two seconds, three seconds.”

 

 

Joy breaks her silence by thanking him for liking her.

“The painful memories from childhood, thank you for liking me regardless. I think it’ll be helpful to know that you didn’t run away because you hated me,” says Joy.

But she thanks him for making good memories until the end. She adds that Harry was her only family member and friend for the past fourteen years. They’ll get married one day.

Jung Woo tries to argue back, but Joy replies that Soo Yeon can’t come back without Harry.

 

 

“Stop right here.”

Joy gets up from the swings to go to Harry.

As she starts to walk away, Jung Woo, slightly panicking that Soo Yeon is leaving his life again, yells out, “Let’s be friends!”

Joy stops in her tracks.

He marches up to her and says if it can’t be Lee Soo Yeon, he wants to be friends with Joy. He clenches his fists and asks himself if he can at least see her like this.

He forces on a smile, fighting back tears, as he calls her Joy.

 

 

Joy returns to her home but stops at the gate, registering everything that happened.

As usual, Harry is spying on her through the camera.

He sees her pull out from the driveway, and shocked, Harry gets up from his chair and starts yelling at the screen for Joy to stop. But she continues to drive away.

Jung Woo lies down on a couch at the station. He sighs.

 

 

Joy is at the broken streetlamp by her house. She jumps up and hits it, before scolding it just like Jung Woo did before.

“15… and one second, two seconds, three seconds,” narrates Jung Woo, whose voice blends in with Joy, who counts the steps from the street lamp to her house.

As Jung Woo falls asleep, Joy ends up in front of the stone stairs before her house. She stops there for today, when she realizes something on the wall that makes her turn back around.

 

 

It’s the ‘I Miss You’ phrase that she wrote on the wall 14 years ago.
She starts to tear up as she runs her fingers over the now engraved letters on the wall.

She cries as she realizes just how much pain Jung Woo was in.

Joy hears Eun Joo’s voice and quickly hides.

Eun Joo is talking crap about Jung Woo to Partner Joo for actually leaving home. She then declares that she’s going to find her father’s murderer.

As Eun Joo goes inside the house, Joy realizes that Detective Kim had died.

 

 

Somehow always knowing where she is, Harry watches Joy at the streetlamp in his car.

Joy picks up her phone and dials a number, and Harry watches, waiting for his phone to ring.

But it’s not Harry she calls, but Jung Woo, who doesn’t pick up.
She hangs up, slightly confused of what she’s doing.

Harry grips his phone tightly, as Joy calls again.
Harry stares at his phone, hoping that a call would come through, but it doesn’t and Harry’s heart is torn into pieces.

“Idiot. I’m fine with just having you,” cries Harry.

 

 

The day brightens and Jung Woo freshens up in the bathroom.

He tries to reassure himself that he did well by getting friendzoned and what’s more important is that he found her.

Partner Joo comes out of the bathroom and tells him to keep his phone on. He thought Jung Woo was kidnapped by another lady.

Then all of the sudden, he asks why Jung Woo called Joy last, instead of him. Jung Woo walks away, acting like he doesn’t remember after getting drugged.

 

 

Jung Woo turns on his phone and freaks out when he sees that Joy called.
Partner Joo becomes suspicious that Jung Woo and Joy have something going on, but before he can find out anything, Team Boss comes to break up the bromance and assign the detectives with errands.

Jung Woo replies that he wants to find out some stuff about Nurse Hye Mi and Team Boss is surprised, since her autopsy results already came out.

Partner Joo replies that Harry personally asked, since she died leaving a promissory note that was worth three billion won. He adds that the person who took the money (Assistant Nam) put it under a different name (Fake Mom’s) and is somehow affiliated with Samil Bank (CEO Han’s). Jung Woo glares at Partner Joo to shut up.

Putting everything together, Team Boss calls Jung Woo aside.

 

 

Partner Joo apologizes, and Jung Woo tells him to rip his mouth. Partner Joo proceeds to try, as Jung Woo goes to the Team Boss.

Team Boss asks if it’s okay for Jung Woo to be looking into this case, but Jung Woo’s firm on solving it, especially because of the text Assistant Nam sent before he disappeared.

Team Boss asks what the text was about and Jung Woo repeats the text about Soo Yeon. He needs to find out what it means.

 

 

Meanwhile, Hyun Joo has been groomed to look like a human being as CEO Han ordered. She tries to catch sunlight pouring into her window when someone enters her room. She asks why CEO Han’s not coming. She has a present for him.

The person takes a picture of Hyun Joo and it goes in the newspaper, saying she’s looking for someone.

CEO Han evily smiles, saying Hyung Jun will be shocked to see the ad.

Fake Mom enters the study room and CEO Han tells her Hyung Jun is back, so stay on her toes, since Hyung Jun is capable of doing anything.

 

 

Harry sits in his secret lair, sleeping, when his ‘friend’ sends him the ad of the missing person.

Harry opens it and becomes shocked to see his mother’s face.

The friend says that the picture looks recent and asks if his mother is still alive.

Gaining composure, Harry replies that it’s part of CEO Han’s trickery. He adds that his mom is dead.

The friend replies that CEO Han has readmitted someone named Kang Hyun Joo at the mental hospital that Hyun Joo was previously in. “That’s a message for you to come visit, since she’s still alive, right?”

Harry scoffs and types, “He must really want to catch me. Even so, he shouldn’t use my dead mother.”

The friend asks what he/she should do.

Harry types CEO Han, Fake Mom, Assistant Nam, Kidnapper, Druggie-Napper, and Nurse Hye Mi into the chat room.

“Make sure to help Han Jung Woo catch Han Tae Jun.”
The friend affirms as Harry exits out of the room.

He looks at his mother’s picture again and growls, “Han Tae Jun.”

 

 

Meanwhile, Joy is searching for Harry, unsure of if he’s inside the house or not.

She’s momentarily distracted from her search by the picture of her and Harry on the den wall.

Just a wall away, Harry watches Joy staring at the picture through the CCTV.

Joy receives a phone call from Jung Woo and she faintly smiles, before picking the call up, answering to Jung Woo.

Harry laughs unbelievably inside his room, as Joy says that she called Jung Woo to ask him something.

She leaves the room, and Harry continues to laugh as tears start to brim his eyes.

 

 

Joy asks if Jung Woo is sick, and Jung Woo whines that her friend is sick. Joy replies that she’ll tell him what she was curious about.

He asks if she’s at home, as he buys a cake. He hangs up the phone, and smiles that being friends is good too.

Partner Joo comes around, congratulating Jung Woo on his third case – Michelle Kim (Nurse Hye Mi), Druggie-napper, and now Assistant Nam. He asks if that’s why Jung Woo’s buying a cake.

Jung Woo replies that it’s to thank her for saving his life. He leaves Partner Joo to pay for the cake.

Joy is surprised to see Jung Woo at the door.

Jung Woo is excited to see her and every time he speaks informally to his friend, Partner Joo makes sure to make Jung Woo’s sentences formal.

Partner Joo explains that it’s because Harry wasn’t answering his calls. Likewise, Joy is also worried because she hasn’t seen Harry yet.

Jung Woo asks if anything happened, and Partner Joo kicks him in the , asking Joy to excuse his rudeness. Jung Woo pushes Partner Joo aside as he chases after Joy in the kitchen.

 

 

Joy gets the tea ready and Jung Woo playfully asks what’s wrong with her. He tells her to tattle on Harry if he makes her upset.

“I’ll do whatever you want me to,” says Jung Woo. “Why are you worried when I’m right here?”

Partner Joo smiles from the back, watching their conversation unfold like a romantic story.

Joy cracks a smile at Jung Woo’s jokes and finally says she has something. She turns around and Partner Joo rolls away from their view.

 

 

They move further into the kitchen before Joy brings up Detective Kim’s death.

She asks why he didn’t tell her, and Jung Woo makes her promise not to get upset. Joy promises.

Jung Woo explains the events from 14 years ago, when he picked up her call and how Detective Kim knew even before the call that Soo Yeon was still alive. Joy starts to cry.

“And he said he was going to go find his daughter.”

Jung Woo tells Joy that Detective Kim was certain he found her, but that was the last time.

Joy is immediately guilt-ridden that Detective Kim died because of her. Jung Woo holds onto her hand to reassure her that he will find whoever it was that killed Detective Kim. He tells Joy to help her even if it takes a long time.

 

 

Just then, Partner Joo greets Harry in a loud voice, hinting Jung Woo and Joy.

Harry is glaring furiously at Jung Woo as Joy asks where he was.

“Right now, you don’t see me in your eyes,” growls Harry. He mentions that he’s not mad at Jung Woo, but Jung Woo replies that he can, but not right now.

They decide to meet up later and Harry bids them good bye. Partner Joo is done with Harry’s rudeness and yells that they’re not here to play.

One glare from Harry has Partner Joo backing out.

Jung Woo asks if the name Park Sun Hee rings a bell, because that’s the name under the account that money came out of. It’s also the name of a patient at a mental hospital.

Harry plays ignorance and then tells them to go find out about the name at the hospital.

Partner Joo tries to argue, but Jung Woo calls it a day.

 

 

Joy chases after Harry.

Partner Joo is still pissed off, and then blames Jung Woo for holding Joy’s hand.

Then he asks what kind of relationship Jung Woo has with Joy.

Jung Woo changes the subject to the bank account, as Partner Joo replies that Jung Woo is scary.

Harry has his headphones on, but Joy knows there’s nothing coming out of them. He tells her to get out.

She tells him to get mad at her if he’s mad at her, but she asks him to understand her current feelings after meeting her mom for the first time in 14 years and finding out new information that she never knew.

 

 

Harry screams out Soo Yeon and yells that he told her to get out because he didn’t want to hear any of that. He yells asking if she feels sorry to all the people that waited for her for the past 14 years.

“But what about me, who only saw you and only had you for the past fourteen years only to be completely ignored now?”

Joy gets down on her knees and holds his hands.
She asks why he’s so upset instead of being happy for her.

Harry pushes her hands away.
“Be happy with you? Who? Han Jung Woo?”

Joy reassures him that she’s right in front of him, and she’s also going crazy. He grabs her shoulders and asks if she wants him to help her not get shaken up.

“Han Jung Woo isn’t the one who’s been waiting for fourteen years,” cries Jung Woo. “I waited just as much.” He tells Joy that Jung Woo is a no and she has to forget him.

Joy sits in her room, looking at a picture of her and Harry.
She hears footsteps in the hallway and runs out to see Harry leaving somewhere.

Trailing him like a puppy, she apologizes and asks him to not be upset anymore.

Harry’s not in the mood to play with her and he gets into the elevator and ignores everything she says.

 

 

Fake Mom is just finding out that Assistant Nam put her building to get his loan. Now that the date has passed for him to pay back the money, the building is as good as Harry’s.

With Assistant Nam out of the picture, Fake Mom asks Jung Woo to do something and find him, especially since Assistant Nam has run off with CEO Han’s money as well.

This is news to Jung Woo and Fake Mom holds onto Jung Woo’s hand, begging him to keep it a secret from his father. Jung Woo becomes uncomfortable as Fake Mom continues that this is a family problem and the only son of the family should take care of it.

Fake Mom doing what she does best. Since when did Jung Woo become the Han family son again?

Jung Woo’s just as annoyed as we are, but he doesn’t have a chance to say anything since Harry enters the room.

 

 

Fake Mom says she’s never even seen the money and asks for Harry not to say anything to CEO Han. Harry asks about Assistant Nam’s whereabouts, but Jung Woo answers that there isn’t a lot of information or the police can’t really do much about it.

Harry mocks that Jung Woo did his work, despite being really busy. Jung Woo shoots back that his nickname is the Crazy Rabbit since he’s super fast.

Harry turns his attention to Fake Mom, asking if she’s heard of Jae Kyung Hospital, a mental hospital. Fake Mom fakes that she doesn’t know what he’s talking about, but her acting is so bad that even Jung Woo notices that Fake Mom is lying.

Although Harry and Jung Woo continue ask about it, Fake Mom says she doesn’t know. She promises to pay back the money as soon as Assistant Nam is caught. Then she leaves the room for Harry and Jung Woo.

Man talk time!

 

 

Harry asks if Jung Woo wants to continue with the case, since there’s definitely a connection between the mental hospital and CEO Han’s bank. There are definitely more than one fake bank accounts as well, but Jung Woo sure on getting to the bottom of things.

Harry suggests when this is all over, they should get drinks..the three of them.

Jung Woo corrects him - just the two boys. Jung Woo’s dying of curiousity as to why Harry hid Soo Yeon for so long.

“That’s because Soo Yeon wanted to be hidden,” replies Harry with a smirk. “I do whatever Soo Yeon wants.”

“Then continue doing that, whatever it may be,” snaps Jung Woo. “Even if she wants to get a drink with her old friend. Or watch a movie. Don’t get mad like last time.”

Harry smirks again and tells Jung Woo to figure the case out first, and then they’ll talk whether itll be just the two of them or three.

Jung Woo calls Partner Joo to start heading towards the mental hospital, and Harry overhears. He calls someone to say that Jung Woo’s on the move and if everything’s ready.

 

 

CEO Han plays a message recording of a little boy (strangely sounds like little Hyung Jun/Harry), asking when he can visit Kang Hyun Joo in room 302. CEO Han comments that someone will be coming soon and pays the doctor off watch room 302 closely. He reminds the doctor that he was also in on it for the past 14 years. The doctor nods and takes his money.

Joy is at the mountain where Detective Kim’s ashes were spread.
She remembers how Detective Kim treated her like his own daughter.

“Ajussi. I’m here,” says Joy. “Soo Yeon is here.”
*sob*

As CEO Han leaves the mental hospital, Jung Woo recognizes his father.
Partner Joo asks the doctor from before about Samil Bank and a patient who has a fake account under that bank.

The doctor has no idea and laughs that he doesn’t take care of the patients’ accounts either. Jung Woo comes off strong, asking if the doctor knows who CEO Han is, especially since they just saw him leave the hospital.

The doctor’s face stiffens, but he tries to fake that he’s never met CEO Han before.

Jung Woo doesn’t press forward and leaves.

 

 

Jung Woo’s certain that everyone’s just lying and continuing to question the doctor is worse. They’ll just get a warrant and finish it off with one go. Partner Joo predicts that the doctor has a list of all the patients’ accounts and slips himself some money every time he needs some.

They’re getting angry just thinking about it and then Partner Joo mentions that Jung Woo probably wants to punch the doctor as much as he wants to punch Harry. Because, you know, they’re always shooting laser beams at each other and Harry’s a pretty good catch, so Jung Woo’s probably a bit jealous....

 

 

But before Jung Woo can argue back, there’s a loud thump followed by a piercing scream.

They run towards the scream and suddenly, we see Harry inside the facility, watching at the window with a scary smile.

At the scene, a man has fallen from a building.
It’s the Kidnapper!

There’s no blood coming out from anywhere, but the Kidnapper doesn’t have a pulse.

 

 

Everyone is confused when Jung Woo sees a picture sticking out of the Kidnapper’s jacket. He pulls it out. It’s a picture of his family from 14 years ago.

At the roof is Harry, watching the entire scene.

 

 

“Don’t hate me too much,” thinks Harry. “You, me and Soo Yeon. Everything that happened to the three of us is all because of your father, Han Tae Jun.”

“Run. Go and get Han Tae Jun. I can’t because of this leg.”

Jung Woo gets up, shocked over the picture. He stares at the Kidnapper and looks up at the roof. Harry is gone, but instead, he sees a masked figure.

He yells for the figure to stop and starts running to the building.
Jung Woo tells Partner Joo to go a different rout, as Jung Woo runs up the stares He meets the stranger on his way up, but he’s too busy chasing after the man that he doesn’t notice Harry watching everything happening. Harry disappears as the chase continues.

As Partner Joo goes into a different building, he misses Harry coming out of the elevator by a hair.

 

 

Joy, still at the mountain, tries to remember what happened on that mountain.

Old memories of Detective Kim’s car fade into her mind.

She promises him that if getting her old memories can help her find his murderer, she’ll do it.

She opens her eyes, but it’s unclear if she remembers anything.

 

 

Harry walks away from the mental hospital with ease as Jung Woo ends up at the rooftop, alone. The man had disappeared.

Down below, the Kidnapper’s dead body still lies on the ground and Harry drives away. He smiles.