Missing You Episode 10

Missing You

 

Soo Yeon’s mother recognizes her daughter and starts weeping, asking if it is indeed Soo Yeon.

No longer able to control her emotions from taking over, Joy looks at her mother as tears start to fall. She finally gets out of the car, and asks her mother to come in the car for now.

Back in the interrogation room, Harry asks Jung Woo if he still thinks Joy is Soo Yeon, and Jung Woo asks for one thing that’s different between the two people.

Harry scoffs but then his smile quickly fades away into a deadly glare, when Partner Joo comes in to tell Jung Woo that Joy is banned from departing the country.

 

 

This is news to Harry, especially since Joy was given permission to be discharged the day before.

Tired of Harry’s haughty demands, Partner Joo snaps back that Joy is still a prime suspect. Jung Woo adds that as soon as they find the real murderer, Joy is free to go, but Harry’s still upset, saying he’s going to talk to his lawyer.

Back in the office, Partner Joo tells Jung Woo to stop acting timid around Harry.

Just then, team boss sends Partner Joo on an errand and asks to speak to Jung Woo in private.

 

 

The phone records after the druggie-napper stole Joy’s phone is out and the first phone call he made was to CEO Han.

Team boss finds it suspicious that the first phone call he made after 14 years is to the victim’s father and to his personal number at that.

Jung Woo rolls through his memory and remembers how the Chinese restaurant manager said that the druggie-napper mentioned something about a CEO.

Jung Woo says he will meet his father to find out what happened.

“Father?”

Partner Joo gets up from his hiding spot under the desk after eavesdropping on the private conversation. Jung Woo leaves without saying anything as the team boss pinches Partner Joo’s mouth and tells him to keep quiet.

In the parking lot, Harry is angrily talking with his lawyer about Joy unable to leave the country. The lawyer promises to explain later but asks if something’s wrong with Joy. She didn’t show up to meet him and isn’t answering her phone.

Harry hangs up the phone and picks up his laptop. He switches on the CCTVs in his house and sees Joy entering the house with her mom. Harry watches in shock.

 

 

At the house, Soo Yeon’s mother hesitantly takes off her shoes. She sets them down next to the stairs.

Joy and Soo Yeon’s mom sit in the living room in silence.
Soo Yeon’s mom scans her daughter over and Joy tells her to say what she wanted to say.

Already crying, Soo Yeon’s mother wonders why she wanted to talk about. Joy’s lips start to tremble.

Soo Yeon’s mother happily remarks that Joy looks great, meaning she didn’t grow up in harsh environment.

 

 

“Your clothes look great, and seeing that you live in this beautiful house, you must have studied hard.” Soo Yeon’s mother breaks down into tears as Joy quickly joins her.

Then all of the sudden, Joy starts to weep, “I’m sorry. I did wrong.”

Soo Yeon’s mother panics, reminded of Soo Yeon’s sad childhood, when all she could do was apologize for something she didn’t do.

She dashes for Joy, who continues to repeat the phrase. Soo Yeon’s mother grabs her daughter’s hands, asking what Joy did that she should be apologizing for.

“You were alive. You were alive,” cries Soo Yeon’s mom.

Joy finally says, “Mom…” making Soo Yeon’s mom look up into her daughters face.

“I can’t go… I don’t want to go back to being Lee Soo Yeon.”

 

 

Hearing that makes Soo Yeon’s mother bawl and blame herself for what she did and what she couldn’t do for Soo Yeon.

She finally tells Joy not to come, since no one knows about her father in her new life.

Soo Yeon’s mom nods and lets go of her.
“I didn’t see you today. My daughter Soo Yeon is dead. Don’t come. You can’t come.”

She gets up and leaves the house, as Joy calls out for her mother.
In the elevator, Soo Yeon’s mom continues telling Joy not to come. She turns her back on Joy just as the door closes.

Joy falls to the ground and breaks down into pathetic tears, wanting to go to her mom but unable to do so.

 

 

Soo Yeon’s mother hurriedly leaves the house only in her socks, having left her shoes in the house.

Halfway down the driveway, she looks back at the house in sudden realization.

“Jung Woo.”

Her legs go weak as she continues to call out Jung Woo’s name.

She begins to cry again, thinking about Jung Woo and worrying about what will happen to him.

Joy’s in the same position back at the house, when her phone starts to ring.
She gets up to answer it, when she realizes her mom’s worn-out shoes are still in the house.

She grabs them and goes outside to look for her mom, but she’s nowhere to be found.

 

 

As Joy stands in front of the big street, Harry sees her and gets out of the car, but Joy dashes into a taxi and drives off, leaving Harry worried and confused.

Meanwhile, CEO Han is looking through the police reports of the druggie-napper’s murderer (probably given to him by that corrupt police chief). The assistant informs CEO Han that Joy’s participation in the case was only due to the accident and the stolen cell phone, but nothing else.

CEO Han is interested in the aunt that took care of Harry and Joy. He insists that the aunt did it because of money and to look more into it.

The assistant replies that Assistant Nam will look into it, but CEO Han doesn’t trust him. CEO Han orders the assistant to look more into Harry and Joy before their adoption and to invite them to his house the next day

 

 

As CEO Han enters his company, Jung Woo approaches him.

He addresses CEO Han as father, but CEO Han shouts that his son is dead.

CEO Han walks away, completely ignoring him, when Jung Woo asks how CEO Han can spend five minutes with the druggie-napper but not even one minute with him.

This grabs CEO Han’s attention and he turns back around to Jung Woo.
Jung Woo asks what CEO Han talked about with the druggie-napper, since he has to report it back to HQ.

CEO Han then slaps Jung Woo in the face with the police report and it falls to the ground. Jung Woo catches a glimpse of it as the assistant picks it up.

“Report to people like this?” says CEO Han, referring to the corrupt police station. “You police will never find Lee Soo Yeon.”

Oops. Did Papa Han just slip?

 

 

Jung Woo glares at his father.

“Are you even admitting that Lee Soo Yeon is not dead now?”

CEO Han realizes his mistake.

Jung Woo adds that the man who gave his father the report isn’t the entire police force. He’ll be sending another police officer to talk to CEO Han, if he doesn’t want to talk to Jung Woo.

“Be ready for it.”

As Jung Woo turns around to leave, CEO Han calls him a crazy bastard, making Jung Woo stop in his track.

He angrily faces his father again.

“I’m not crazy. The warehouse, where Soo Yeon and I were kidnapped to – who burned it down? My cellphone, which should have been burned - why, was it inside your desk? Why did you say that Soo Yeon was dead even though she was still alive? Was that really for me?”

“When I really get crazy, I’ll come back to you to ask.”

Without a word, CEO Han storms away, as Jung Woo fights his emotions and frustrations.

 

 

He suddenly receives a call from Eun Joo that puts him in a fright.

Back at the house, Eun Joo is washing her mom’s dirty feet as Soo Yeon’s mom chugs bottles of soju down.

Jung Woo charges into the room, asking what’s going on. He’s upset about her feet and wipes the dirt away as Eun Joo snatches the alcohol away from Soo Yeon’s mom and scolds her.

Jung Woo gets defensive, telling Eun Joo not to call his honey names, but today, Soo Yeon’s mom is not up for the games and she pushes Jung Woo away.

She gets up and opens Jung Woo’s closet, throwing all of his clothes at him. Eun Joo yells that Soo Yeon’s mom is going crazy because Joy is not Soo Yeon.

Hearing that, Jung Woo pushes Eun Joo out of the room and locks the door.

 

 

Jung Woo admits that he failed again in finding Soo Yeon and that everything is his fault. He tells her to hit him, but Soo Yeon’s mom just continues to throw his clothes around.

“Hate me, go ahead. What’s the point? You’re going to like me again anyways,” says Jung Woo, making Soo Yeon’s mom pause momentarily.

She looks up at him and starts to cry. She hits him on the chest and Jung Woo comments that she’s gotten so weak compared to before.

He grabs her fist and hits himself harder on the chest.

 

 

Soo Yeon’s mother breaks down into tears, calling out his name.

Although pained, Jung Woo continues to pretend nothing is wrong and continues to tease Soo Yeon’s mother.

Soo Yeon’s mother falls to the ground, crying Jung Woo’s name aloud.
Jung Woo hugs her, resting his head on her back. He pats her, encouraging her to cry.

“Cry, just cry. But later, when I need to cry, you have to promise to be by my side.”

Jung Woo runs out of the house to buy medicine for Soo Yeon’s mom’s feet. He passes by the ‘I Miss You’ wall and pauses.

“Joy? I like Lee Soo Yeon the best!” says Jung Woo, gleefully, pretty much skipping down the street.

 

 

With her mom’s shoes in hand, Joy walks back to her old neighborhood. She pauses at the flickering streetlamp, which is still flickering 14 years later.

Just then, she sees Jung Woo running towards her direction and she quickly hides.

He stops at the streetlamp, counting down.

The streetlamp flickers off at the count of 1 and Jung Woo yells at the streetlamp, blaming it as the reason why Soo Yeon’s not coming back.

“Didn’t I tell you that it’s scarier when the lights are flickering instead of being pitch dark?”

 

 

Soo Yeon smiles from behind the corner, watching Jung Woo continuing to scold the streetlamp.

After getting medicine at the pharmacy, Jung Woo makes a pit stop at the playground, where he walks up and down the see-saw by himself.

Joy watches from afar, gasping every time it seems like Jung Woo will fall. She smiles, seeing Jung Woo happily playing by himself.

She starts to copy Jung Woo’s action on the see-saw, completely allowing herself to be Soo Yeon again.

 

 

He gets off the see-saw and pushes an empty swing, reminding Soo Yeon of the fun times she spent with Jung Woo on the swings.

Jung Woo runs up the slide and climbs to the top, when suddenly Magic Castle starts playing on both Jung Woo and Joy’s cellphones.

“It’s okay to hate me, but think about me for a minute every day,” reads the alarm message on Joy’s phone.

 

 

Likewise, Jung Woo has also set his phone alarm to 7 PM.

Jung Woo starts to sing along (and off-beat), making Joy tear up.

When the minute is over, Jung Woo sings out a fanfare and is about announces his singing score, when he notices Joy in the distance.

Joy realizes that she’s been spotted and quickly walks away, still crying.

 

 

Jung Woo hurries after her.

A smile cracks on his face as he checks that it’s Soo Yeon, but he doesn’t chase after her. Instead, he walks slowly behind her and later sees her catch a cab and leave.

But he smiles as he calls out her name.

 

 

Joy ends up at the tent bar where she first went with Jung Woo. She’s fixing up her mom’s old shoes while drinking soju.

Just then, Harry calls and Joy tries to whisk the smell of soju away.
Harry says he’ll pick her up, but Joy declines the offer since she’s at a place he doesn’t like.

What Joy doesn’t know is that Harry is already there, watching her from his car.

The wind suddenly blows, sending Joy to chase down her black plastic bag. Harry laughs, but his smile fades when someone walks up to Joy’s table.

 

 

It’s Jung Woo and he picks up Soo Yeon’s mom’s shoe.

He realizes that’s what happened today with both Joy and Soo Yeon’s mom.

He picks up the shoes and neatly places them on the table. He walks away just as Joy returns with the plastic bag. She notices that something’s different, but doesn’t think much of it and pours another shot of soju.

Now she has both Harry and Jung Woo watching her from afar.

Jung Woo smiles.

“Seeing that you’re smiling, you were happy to see your mom today, right? Yes, Soo Yeon. Forget all of your bad memories. You can always make new ones – good memories.”

He puts out his arm and waves his fingers towards her.
Bad memories erased.

It’s when Harry notices what Jung Woo is doing. The hand motion that Joy always did to him to erase his bad memories. He realizes that Joy has never once forgotten about Jung Woo. Harry begins to angrily weep.

 

 

Joy comes back home to see Harry sleeping. She wishes him good night and waves her fingers in front of his face, when Harry grabs her hand.

Smelling the alcohol on her breath, Harry asks Joy to take her to the tent bar next time with her. “You like it, so I’ll have to withstand it. I’m the only one you have.”

Joy looks away as Harry asks what she did.

Instead of telling the truth as she always did, Joy doesn’t completely explain what happened with her mom and Jung Woo.

 

 

Harry announces that she’s grounded from flying out of the country until ten days later. He hugs her from the back and is surprised that she’s not that upset over not being able to go back to France.

He also adds that they have a dinner appointment with a new customer. He asks that she decide if he’s a good or bad person.

In her room, Joy apologizes to Harry as she puts her mom’s shoes in the closet along with Jung Woo’s special jacket.

“Ten days. That’s a relief,” says Joy.

 

 

In his secret lair, Harry touches his mom’s portrait and sadly calls out for his mom.

Jung Woo lets out a deep sigh while looking at CCTV photos of the murderer at an ATM machine. Nothing about the photos stand out, frustrating him further.

He picks up his phone and hesitation in calling his ‘wife,’ who we’re guessing is Partner Joo.

Just then Team Boss comes asking for Partner Joo and Jung Woo bolts to his feet and casually walks away from the Team Boss.

 

 

He actually calls Partner Joo later and asks how things are going.
It turns out that Partner Joo is with Joy, looking over the same photos as Jung Woo was earlier.

But Jung Woo doesn’t really care about the photos or any leading clues, but whether or not Partner Joo is being mean to Joy and he tries to get some hints about the murder.

Partner Joo asks Joy if he’s being mean to her, and Jung Woo freaks out, asking why Partner Joo is asking Joy such thing. He begs Partner Joo not to mention him, and Partner Joo asks Joy if he even mentioned Jung Woo.

 

 

Jung Woo silently has a panic attack as Partner Joo now hands the phone to Joy.

Jung Woo freezes when Joy answers the phone.

“Detective Han. Please find the real criminal.”

Jung Woo promises he will.

Joy starts to hand the phone back to Partner Joo when she hears Jung Woo call out from the other line

Jung Woo repeats that he’ll find the real criminal, and then in his head, he asks, “Soo Yeon, if I do, you’ll go to France, huh? Can you not go?”

Jung Woo instead tells Joy to tell him if Partner Joo is being mean, because Jung Woo will always win.

“It’s not because I’m stronger than him, but it’s because he always let me win.” (AWWWWWW)

Partner Joo denies it before hanging up the phone.

Jung Woo smiles that Joy’s voice is just the same when she speaks on the phone.

 

 

Just then, the cleaning lady interrupts his happy thoughts, asking if he found more clues other than the fact that the murderer ordered the dry ice.

Jung Woo’s impressed that she really knows everything that goes in the station, and the cleaning lady remarks that Partner Joo should stop spilling confidential information over the phone while doing #2.

He asks her to keep their little secret and asks if she’s hungry.

 

 

Back at Joy’s place, Joy apologizes for not being much of a help, but

Partner Joo insists that Joy is not a suspect anymore. Joy asks why and Partner Joo makes her promise he won’t sue her. She promises.

“The woman in the video is pretty small even while wearing a padded jacket, but Joy, you are quite glamorous.”

He quickly apologizes as Joy bursts out laughing.

Then she gives him a clue. The lady in the video doesn’t seem like a young lady, just by the way the clothes hang on her and how she walks.

Partner Joo says he’ll take it into consideration. As he leaves, Joy stops him.

 

 

Jung Woo’s still looking at the ATM CCTV photos, when he notices that the wrist of the murderer is pale. He wonders if it’s a shirt sleeve or the light shining on it.

Partner Joo returns to the station and returns Jung Woo’s jacket from Joy.
Jung Woo asks if Joy said anything, and Partner Joo teases him about it, but she didn’t really say much.

Jung Woo slips his hand into the pockets...and finds the button that he tore off his jacket to make ripples in the cup of glass. He realizes that Joy didn’t throw the button away. Jung Woo smiles, as Partner Joo relays Joy’s clue to Jung Woo.

Just then, the results of the IP address to order the dry ice comes in. The computer that the murderer used was Jung Woo’s computer.

Unfortunately, at the same time of the computer usage, the CCTVs were down in just their office, making the detectives realize that the murderer must be someone who works within the office. They decide to look through the working CCTVs and see who came into the office around that time.

 

 

Meanwhile, Joy and Harry visit CEO Han’s house, and Fake Mom does what she does best and pretends to not know that it was Harry and Joy were coming to her house for dinner.

Joy’s slightly annoyed since Fake Mom blackmailed her and hung her designs at the boutique without permission.

Harry asks if Joy is uncomfortable and whether or not they should just leave, just as CEO Han and Fake Mom return. Harry continues to as Joy the same question, putting Joy in an awkward position.

it up like an adult, Joy thanks CEO Han for inviting them to dinner.

 

 

Tension between CEO Han and Harry are high as they eat dinner.
Fake Mom forces a happy atmosphere, but CEO Han ignores everything.

Harry tells Fake Mom that he’ll cook a meal for the Han couple, and Fake Mom becomes jealous, as CEO Han gives Fake Mom a look that shuts her up.

Just then, Harry tells CEO Han to be better to his wife. Joy warns Harry, and Harry plays dumb, asking if he made a mistake.

Ahreum comes into the dining room, just as CEO Han remarks in a dangerous tone that Harry is quite rude.

Harry admits that he is and wonders what’s wrong with that, since that’s exactly why CEO Han invited him to the house - to become friends and to get to know each other better.

“That’s why I’m just trying to show you myself as is.”
Harry says he doesn’t know how the world runs, but that he knows how to make money.

CEO Han laughs, finally approving of Harry’s unique behavior.
Harry asks if that means they’re friends now, and CEO Han doesn’t say yes or no.

 

 

After the meal, Harry announces that another company will actually be investing in Harry’s project, but he’ll give CEO Han a chance to invest 20 billion won.

CEO Han mentions that things are going too smoothly, and Harry just replies that CEO Han’s just lucky. Harry adds that Joy wants to go back to Paris and in order to do so, Harry needs to quickly finish up the project.

CEO Han says he’ll trust Harry, and then he asks how Harry hurt his leg.

Harry looks straight into CEO Han’s face and replies, laughing, “You did this.”

CEO Han looks up as Assistant Nam begins to look more alert.

“The bike.”

 

 

Harry asks why CEO Han’s so interested in his leg, and CEO Han replies that Harry looks too good holding a cane.

Harry mentions that Joy specifically designed the cane for him, and we’re beginning to wonder what the big deal with the cane is...

 

 

Outside of the den, Fake Mom tries to win brownie points with Joy, but Joy’s not buying it. She warns Fake Mom not to try to threaten her again.

Ahreum is speechless at her mom’s transparent acting and leaves the conversation, asking the maid to pack some food for Jung Woo.

At the name of Jung Woo, Joy’s ears perk up and Fake Mom notices. She asks Joy if she knows Jung Woo, but Joy doesn’t have a chance to answer, as Harry returns back to the living room, ready to go home.

 

 

Back at the police station, CCTV photos of people who entered the building are being printed out, when the cleaning lady fishes them out. Jung Woo stops her. The cleaning lady asks if the real criminal was caught, but Jung Woo doesn’t reveal an answer, instead asking her to understand since it is a murder case after all.

The cleaning lady then asks why she’s captured in one of the printouts. Jung Woo flips through and see that the cleaning lady is in the photos.

In a half joking, half serious manner, Jung Woo says this is bad and that the cleaning lady has to stay at the station. The cleaning lady refuses, saying her daughter is coming home early and wants food on the table.

Jung Woo tries to convince her to stay, but the cleaning lady insists that she must go home to take care of her daughter.

He then asks the cleaning lady if she remembers what she did on that day.
The cleaning lady remembers almost instantly to the last detail. It was the day when she came into the station to clean the mess the gangsters made. It was also the day when Jung Woo wrapped the medical bandage around her wrist.

 

 

Jung Woo nods, remembering that day. The cleaning lady leaves, telling him to think about it.

Jung Woo talks to himself, marveled by her good memory when it hits him and he looks up in suspicion. He whispers to himself in skepticism that it’s can’t be.

Jung Woo questions the other people in the photos and it’s clear that they aren’t the murderer. Jung Woo looks at the ATM CCTV again and at the pale wrist. He remembers that the cleaning lady had the medical bandage on her wrist that day and what Joy said about the murderer being an older women.

Everything starts to fall into the rightful places.

Jung Woo says, “There’s no way,” as he gets up. The cleaning lady watches him from afar, curious of what Jung Woo is up to.

 

 

Meanwhile, Harry and Joy are driving Ahreum to the police station, so she can deliver food for her brother.

Harry opens his palms and Joy takes his hand.

Ahreum remarks that Harry is just her type, and Harry brags to Joy that he’s this kind of man. Ahreum asks what Harry thinks about her, but when she doesn’t get the reply that she wants, she adorably sneers.

Just then, Joy’s cellphone alarm goes off, and Magic Castle fills the car.

At the same time, the alarm goes off on Jung Woo’s phone as well. He chases after the cleaning lady, when he receives a phone call from Partner Joo. Jung Woo asks him to find out more information about the cleaning lady.

 

 

Back in the car, Joy turns off the alarm as Ahreum wishes Joy didn’t, since it’s her brother’s favorite song. That alerts Joy a bit, but not as much when Ahreum mentions that her brother, Han Jung Woo, is the best detective at the station.

As soon as Ahreum leaves the car, Joy asks Harry if he knew that they would be going to Jung Woo’s house and seeing Jung Woo’s little sister. Joy asks why he took her to Jung Woo’s house, and Harry asks what’s the big deal, since she’s Joy anyways.

“I told you not to forget that you are Joy.”

Harry commands her to stay in Seoul and not go to France.
He gives off a crazy smirk as he adds, “By my side.”

Joy looks away in disbelief.

 

 

Meanwhile, Jung Woo is tailing the cleaning lady to her house.

Jung Woo receives a call from Ahreum and he has to duck behind a corner to prevent getting seen.

When he comes back out to the main street, the cleaning lady is not there.

Jung Woo frantically tries to find her, when the cleaning lady appears from the back, saying that it is Jung Woo and asking why he’s there.

 

 

Trying to make everything seem normal, Jung Woo playfully admits that he was chasing her, because he’ll get fired if the Team Boss finds out that he let the cleaning lady leave the station.

The cleaning lady promises to go back to the station, but first she has to make food for her daughter. She invites him into her house, and Jung Woo hesitantly goes inside.

The gate closes with a slam.

 

 

At the same time, Harry is trying to unlock the door to Joy’s door. He bangs, asking Joy to open up. He apologizes for doing things on his own, but Joy doesn’t respond.

As the cleaning lady washes the rice, Jung Woo looks around the dirty room, with wallpaper falling off the walls.

Jung Woo urgently tries to get the cleaning lady to go back to the station, when the cleaning lady directs her attention to the falling wallpaper.

She asks Jung Woo to look into the drawers and get her tape from under the desk.

 

 

Jung Woo cautiously pulls out a basket from her under the table. Inside the basket is a school uniform, neatly folded inside.

The cleaning lady explains that it’s her daughter’s uniform from middle school.

Things start to piece themselves together in Jung Woo’s head as his face starts to look more grave. He silently grabs for his handcuffs as he reaches out for the drawers to get the tape.

 

 

He pulls out the first drawer.
No tape.
He slowly pulls the second drawer.

Inside is a roll of black duct tape and red rope.

Flashes of the druggie-napper, dead in the bathtub with his mouth taped shut and wrists tightly tied run before Jung Woo’s head.

 

 

“The tape is there, right?” says the cleaning lady.

 



Jung Woo turns around, but before he can react, the cleaning lady shocks him with a taser and Jung Woo falls unconscious.