missing you episode 21

Missing You

 

The episode opens up with a glance at everything that has happened, starting with the conflict between Hyun Joo and CEO Han. Hyun Joo curses CEO Han, saying he’ll lose both money and his children and she’ll make sure Hyung Jun sees Heaven.

The scenes roll through as Hyung Jun names CEO Han, Fake Mom, Assistant Nam, Druggie-napper, the Kidnapper, Nurse Hyemi – all victims of Hyung Jun.

Both Assistant Nam and Fake Mom mention Hyun Joo to Hyung Jun, who replies they shouldn’t have said that. A look back at Hyung Jun’s well-planned crimes play out and ends with Jung Woo saying he’s embarrassed to be his father’s son.

 

 

We’re back in the present.

As Jung Woo searches for Soo Yeon’s location, Soo Yeon sits alone in the empty warehouse. The doors open and she hears the familiar footsteps. She shakes in fear and starts to cry.

Jung Woo finds his way to the warehouse and thinking about how he’s dreamed to coming back to save Soo Yeon, he opens the door.

He finds himself staring straight at Soo Yeon. They make eye contact, giving each other reassuring glances, as Harry sits weakly on a chair by the side.

With the gun strapped to his bloody hand, Hyung Jun throws Soo Yeon’s tracking device to Jung Woo. He then slowly waves his gun, directing Jung Woo to move without saying another word.

 

 

Closing the door, Jung Woo takes a seat. Dazed, Hyung Jun stares.

At home, Soo Yeon’s mom happily unpacks all of Jung Woo’s things again, when the phone starts ringing, chilling our bones for some reason.

CEO Han pompously groans about the treatment the ‘almighty’ CEO Han is receiving at the police station, but Team Boss doesn’t give a crap.

Team Boss chides CEO Han for working with a serial killer, while subtly sending his son unarmed to save Soo Yeon. “If anything happens to Soo Yeon or Jung Woo, you killed them!”

 

 

As CEO Han continues to demand, Soo Yeon’s mom slowly creeps into the station, having heard everything. She came because she had a bad feeling after the phone call about where Soo Yeon is.

CEO Han turns to see Soo Yeon’s mom, who is in disbelief that CEO Han would do something to her children again. She grabs him by the collar, demanding him to bring her children back. CEO Han throws a tantrum.

When Team Boss introduces Jung Woo’s dad, Soo Yeon’s mom states that Jung Woo has no parents. 

“He’s my son that I raised for 14 years.” CEO Han scoffs and Soo Yeon’s mom starts screaming all the pain she went through because of CEO Han and what he did to Soo Yeon.

Feeling no remorse at all, CEO Han shouts profanity at her and eventually gets pulled away, with Soo Yeon’s mom stills screaming for her children.

 

 

Back at the warehouse, the three sit in silence as Hyung Jun looks back and forth from Soo Yeon and Jung Woo. He pauses due to the pain and finally speaks up, asking Jung Woo how it feels to be back.

Soo Yeon appears confused as it clicks in Jung Woo’s head.
This was Hyung Jun’s grand revenge – to bring back Soo Yeon and Jung Woo’s pains from the past.

“It seemed like you forgot it,” says Hyung Jun with a smile. “Especially Joy.” He asks Soo Yeon is she still loves Jung Woo, who abandoned her.

Soo Yeon starts to look around the warehouse, and slowly memories of the druggie-napper start flowing in, pushing Soo Yeon to shake in complete fear.

As she loses control of herself, Jung Woo yells at her to look up.

Hyung Jun encourages Soo Yeon. “Yes, look up. That is the guy who abandoned you. You’re leaving me because of him?”

 

 

Jung Woo yells that he’s not the same Jung Woo from 15 years ago. He promises that he won’t go anywhere without her.

Hunched over, Soo Yeon looks up at Jung Woo, but she remembers how Jung Woo ran away from her and she starts to howl, clutching her clothes tightly. Hyung Jun smugly smiles at having achieved his goal

Quietly, Jung Woo recalls what he saw that night when he was tied up with his mouth taped.

“It was this. Soo Yeon’s tears!” He cries that he’s still regretful and embarrassed to the point he wants to die. He tells this directly to Soo Yeon and Soo Yeon slowly looks up and calls out his name.

 

 

Jung Woo turns to Hyung Jun, asking if killing Druggie-napper erased all of the past events. He calls Hyung Jun an idiot, repeating that Hyung Jun lost Soo Yeon because he was so busy hating CEO Han.

“This time, because of your hate for me, you hurt Soo Yeon again. You made another mistake!”

Hyung Jun sits still, listening to each word. Jung Woo continues that Hyung Jun didn’t have to come this far to force Soo Yeon to hate him, when Jung Woo hasn’t fully forgiven himself for what he did yet.

 

 

“Stop this now!”

Jung Woo yells, getting up from his seat. At that exact moment, Hyung Jun commands Jung Woo to sit down, pointing the gun at Soo Yeon.

Silence fills the air, except for Soo Yeon’s whimpering.

Hyung Jun agrees that it’s time to end everything.
He turns to Soo Yeon.

“Please…look at me now. Please forgive me too.”

 

 

Soo Yeon starts to cry, as Hyung Jun confesses he’s scared to be alone.”I can’t breathe because I miss you. Please… look at me, Soo Yeon.”

Carefully, he reaches out his hand, begging her to come. Jung Woo and Soo Yeon watch, still shaking, when they both notice something in Hyung Jun’s direction. Soon, police sirens are heard in the distance.

 

 

Outside, the SWAT team makes their way to the warehouse. The place is completely surrounded.

Partner Joo and the other detective watch as the SWAT team insert a small camera into the warehouse. He only sees Soo Yeon and Jung Woo, but hears Jung Woo tell Hyung Jun to put down the gun. Partner Joo realizes where Hyung Jun is and orders the snipers to assemble themselves.

 

 

Jung Woo reasons that Soo Yeon can’t go to him because he’s holding the gun and it’s scary.

Out of nowhere, Hyung Jun fires a shot that barely misses Jung Woo. Soo Yeon screams as everyone freezes.

Hyung Jun tells Jung Woo not to in during his conversation with Joy.
He turns back to Hyung Jun, when Jung Woo asks why Hyung Jun isn’t killing him.

“Is it…because I’m family?”

Jung Woo asks why they haven’t seen each other if they weren’t family. Is it because of Han Tae Jun?

 

 

Jung Woo wonders if that’s why Hyung Jun is going easy on him, because Jung Woo has a father like CEO Han.

Hyung Jun smirks, telling Jung Woo to try anything. He can sense a lie when he hears it, because he’s lived his entire life lying to survive.

Suddenly a jolting pain in his leg sends Hyung Jun squirming. With tears in his eyes, he tells Soo Yeon that he’s hurting. “Even if you didn’t love me, I was happy,” weeps Hyung Jun, asking to go back to France.

 

 

Soo Yeon sobs that even though it wasn’t the love that he wanted, she always loved him. 

“We were each other’s only family.” She believes that not everything about Hyung Jun is a lie and admits that she’s also a liar for pretending to have forgotten everything and not to miss anyone.

“You already knew and it must have been really hard pretending not to know.” Tears continue to fall as Soo Yeon whispers, “I’m sorry.”

Hyung Jun falls back in his chair, when Jung Woo notices laser beams dancing around Hyung Jun’s head. The snipers are trying to get a good shot.

Hyung Jun asks why she’s scared of him. “I might kill everyone in the world, but not you.” 

Soo Yeon urges him to put down the gun, but Hyung Jun says it’s too late. He just wants to go home with the cane she made for him.

Hyung Jun turns to his cane, which is completely covered with laser beams

 

 

Realizing he doesn’t have enough time, Jung Woo tries to convince Hyung Jun to put down the gun, or things might be more dangerous for Soo Yeon.

It triggers anger in Hyung Jun and we’re back to him pointing the gun at Soo Yeon.

“Yeah… you said there’s no heaven when locked up alone. I’ll go with Soo Yeon.”

He gets up and stumbles to Soo Yeon, putting the gun to her head. It hasn’t even been a full minute since he said he would never kill her.

Partner Joo rushes out of the van, begging the SWAT Team to wait, because Jung Woo will talking Hyung Jun out of it. Too bad the orders have already given.

 

 

Laser beams swirl around Hyung Jun and Soo Yeon, as they both stare straight back at Jung Woo.

Soo Yeon bawls, calling out Jung Woo’s name. Hyung Jun admits that he was very jealous of Jung Woo.

Taking a deep breath, Jung Woo slowly steps forward, blocking the sniper’s aim.

Jung Woo asks if Hyung Jun is still jealous of having CEO Han as a father, or how about the fact that Jung Woo’s mother abandoned him before he even knew her face.

 

 

“Even if you kill Soo Yeon, our love won’t die there,” says Jung Woo. “We miss and long for each other so much that our love will only get deeper. Is that okay with you?”

Hyung Jun directs the gun at Jung Woo, and seeing her chance, Soo Yeon gets up and stands in the way of the gun.

Trembling, she thanks Jung Woo for always waiting for her She’ll wait for him first now.

Soo Yeon turns to Hyung Jun, saying she really likes him. “But this is what love is.”

 

 

Soo Yeon takes one step at a time to the gun until the tip of the gun is touching her chest.

“Don’t hurt Jung Woo.”

Hyung Jun gapes in shock and slowly back away, screaming that everything’s a lie.

Jung Woo acts quickly and pulls Soo Yeon back, shielding her from harm’s way just as Hyung Jun pulls the trigger.

 

 

The bullet hits Jung Woo’s back and he falls to the ground.

Soo Yeon runs to Jung Woo’s side, bawling for him to live.

Crying in denial that he shot Jung Woo, Hyung Jun struggles to untie the gun in his hand when the police storm into the warehouse.

 

 

As Soo Yeon continues to wail over Jung Woo, Hyung Jun quietly aims the gun to his head.

“Joy… I…I…. I can die for you too. If this is what you think is love, I can die for you too!” screams Hyung Jun, but Soo Yeon doesn’t even hear.

Hyung Jun cries that she didn’t even give him a chance.

“Look at me now… Please look at me!!!”

Tears stream down Hyung Jun’s face as the only thing heard in the warehouse is Soo Yeon howling.

Seeing the ring on her finger, Hyung Jun realizes Soo Yeon is not going look at him and he slowly drops the gun from his head.

Shaking his head in disbelief, he whispers “Joy….” before putting the gun back to his head.

 

 

A sniper is quicker, shooting Hyung Jun. He falls to the ground in pain, right beside Jung Woo.

When Soo Yeon is pulled away by a cop, Detective Joo takes over, crying for Jung Woo. Jung Woo is never alone.

Lying on the ground with no one around him, Hyung Jun whispers, “Embrasse-moi” before closing his eyes. Kiss me. It’s what Hyung Jun said when Soo Yeon asked what would make him not angry anymore.

As Jung Woo’s eyes flicker, Soo Yeon apologizes in a voice over. Jung Woo asks for what. “You know, right? I’m not crying because I’m sad. It’s because of the wind.”

 

 

Both Jung Woo and Hyung Jun are rushed to the hospital as the doctors do their best to save both of them.

After surgery, Hyung Jun lies in ICU, unconscious but alive.

 

 

Team Boss asks if Hyung Jun will live and the doctor replies it’s up to him. But even so, he probably won’t be in the state to go to court. The doctor replies that there might be brain damage due to the great loss of blood, especially with his leg wound as well.

Partner Joo sighs, because Hyung Jun would receive maximum sentence for his crimes, but Team Boss says because Hyung Jun lived a normal life as a businessman before getting shot, he’ll still receive his punishment.

Flashbacks with Hyung Jun’s interactions with Soo Yeon play from when Hyung Jun saved Soo Yeon after the kidnapping to the happy moments when Soo Yeon promised never to leave Hyung Jun.

A news broadcast announces that the serial killer has been caught, but to gunfire, the killer and a police officer were shot. They are being treated at the hospital.

 

 

Some time seems to have passed and it’s announced over a voiceover that CEO Han is being sentenced for lobbying.

Showing only her feet, Soo Yeon enters a hospital room, humming Magic Castle. She puts down her yellow umbrella on the ground, when Jung Woo whispers her name.

Soo Yeon turns around to see that Jung Woo has woken up. He keeps repeating her name as Soo Yeon asks if he slept well. He’s been sleeping for ten nights.

Soo Yeon scolds him for waking up so late. She’s already knitted her scarf and even attached the button back on his jacket.

She gives Jung Woo a hug and asks him to say her name one more time so she can hear his voice. Jung Woo complies and Soo Yeon asks for another. “Lee Soo Yeon…”

 

 

Ten months pass, but nothing has changed.

Partner Joo is at the station, listening to a special chat broadcast on his phone, telling all the single listeners to not be lonely since anything can happen before Christmas.

He turns off the broadcast and records his own.
“I’m only getting closer to 40 after this winter is over. Even if snows or storms, I’ll still not have a woman…”

Yadda yadda, solo woes blah blah.

Team Boss asks how the case is going, but Partner Joo isn’t able to function because he’s so lonely and will be alone until he starts balding like Team Boss. Ouch.

 

 

Jung Woo is interrogating a very rude criminal, pushing all of Jung Woo’s wrong buttons.

Just then, he receives a text message that the stabbed victim is about to die. He asks the criminal one last time where his accomplice is, but the criminal doesn’t know.

Losing his temper, Jung Woo head butts the crook and proceeds to beat the crap out of him until he spills determined to get rid of all the trash in the world. 

“If I get fired, I’m to start up a ddukboki store and if I see you there, I’m going to beat the crap out of you then too.”

Still as hot blooded as ever. The bullet didn’t even do anything to him.

 

 

Jung Woo excitedly comes home, but the entire house is dark.

The lights turn on all of the sudden, and out comes Ahreum, sounding a fanfare on her own. She shows off her new dress and the clothespin in her hair.

Eun Joo is next, wearing a pink clothespin on her head. She gracefully floats out of the room, followed by Soo Yeon’s mom, also dressed extravagantly. Clothespin also detected.

She whispers for someone to come out, and it’s Fake Genuine Mom ! She wears a clothespin, and slightly embarrassed, she dawdles to flaunt her new outfit, but she eventually makes her entrance when Soo Yeon’s mom tells her to leave. Geniuine Mom bickers that they should be nice to each other since they’ll be in-laws soon.

 

 

Jung Woo grows impatient and calls out for Soo Yeon, who comes out, complete with a beauty pageant wave. She’s soon distracted when she sees Jung Woo with a bag of chicken and the entire family sits down to eat.

The family bustles in conversation when Jung Woo bangs on the table. It’s a very special day today. He asks for Soo Yeon’s hand and places something in her hand. The others wonder if it’s a ring, but it’s not.

 

 

It’s a social security card under the Lee Soo Yeon.

Finally claiming her identity as her own, Soo Yeon tears up. She plans to go show it to Detective Kim.

 

 

Announcing that it’s their birthdays, everyone digs into the food.

Soo Yeon mouths, “Thank you,” and Jung Woo puckers up, but he doesn’t get his reward as the entire family is staring at him, watching to see what he does next.

They all laugh and enjoy their food, painting a picture perfect family out of a whole bunch of broken people.

 

 

Jung Woo goes to prison to see his father, who is still unhappy to see him.
Jung Woo says he’s recovering well from the bullet would, but every time he sees the scar, he’s a little pained inside.

He admits that it was really hard to come see his father.

“But we at least still have a chance,” said Jung Woo, asking his father to call him out first. He’ll be waiting until then.

 

 

CEO Han doesn’t say a word to Jung Woo and instead heads back to his cell.
He pauses right before he leaves and Jung Woo stands up from his change, eager to hear what his father would say.

CEO Han turns around, and in the meanest snarl, he growls that Jung Woo is crazy.

Still full of disappointment and lacking of regret.

“I’ll still wait..Father.”

 

 

We’re taken into a room filled with sunshine and colorfully painted pictures.

A women states in voiceover very nonchalantly that he can say a few words, but doesn’t show any ability to learn. “He’ll have to move to prison soon, since he’s sentenced for life.”

And there he is.

Hyung Jun stares outside the window, sitting in his wheelchair.
He reaches out his hand in an attempt to grab something.

 

 

Jung Woo and Soo Yeon arrive and Hyung Jun slowly turns to them.
Soo Yeon greets him and Hyung Jun begins to smile but it’s uncertain if Hyung Jun recognizes them or not.

Soo Yeon shows Hyung Jun her identification card. Hyung Jun touches it as Soo Yeon introduces herself. He runs his fingers through it, but doesn’t react.

 

 

Jung Woo shows Hyung Jun a leaf he picked up. “It’s already winter again.”
Hyung Jun takes the leaf from Jung Woo’s hand and plays around it. He smiles.

 

 

As he plays with the leaf, Soo Yeon puts her hand out and waves her fingers. Hyung Jun looks up.“Now you can make happy memories.”

Appearing disinterested, Hyung Jun looks back to the leaf.
Why do our hearts hurt?

 

 

Soo Yeon and Jung Woo make their ways out of the rehabilitation center when they both notice that it’s snowing. They remember the promise that they made for the first snow fall, and immediately forgetting everything that happened, they gleefully rush somewhere.

 

 

Sitting by the window, Hyung Jun watches Soo Yeon and Jung Woo leave.
He fiddles with his mom’s necklace in his hands.
Then cautiously, he put outs his hand towards them.

Flashbacks of all the times he spent with Soo Yeon roll by.

 

 

Finally, opening up his fingers, he waves them around, erasing all of her bad memories.

He smiles like a child and continues to twirl his fingers.

SOB.

 

 

Holding a flower bouquet, Jung Woo and Soo Yeon end up inside an empty church.

Jung Woo marches down the aisle, but when he realizes he’s still holding the bouquet, he backs up to hand it to Soo Yeon.

He tries again, marching to the front of the church, while Soo Yeon pulls something out of her bag.

 

 

Jung Woo turns around

Soo Yeon stands there, holding the bouquet.

He adorably waves his hand for her to hurry over.

Soo Yeon bursts into a smile and clips something into her hair.
It’s a clothespin with pretty white flower decorations hanging from it. Aww~

“Jung Woo, do you know how long I’ve waited for this moment?” says Soo Yeon in a voiceover. “Thanks for always staying in that same place.” 

She starts to walk down the aisle 

Jung Woo watches with tears glistening in his eyes.

“It was hard coming to this point, right? Now you only have to walk 13 more steps.”

One...two...three...four...five...six...

 

 

“When the wind blows, we can block it away from each other. 
When it rains, we can get under the umbrella together.
When it snows for the first time, we can meet together like this. 
Do you remember? 
We sat in front of your house and laughed over our scars. 
That’s all we have to do. 
Withstanding with the power of love, let’s live like that.”

Jung Woo takes Soo Yeon’s hand. 

“Pretty.”
“Handsome.” 

They slide rings on each other’s fingers and exchange unexplainable happiness while staring at each other’s eyes. Jung Woo kisses Soo Yeon on the forehead.

 

 

Following their ‘wedding ceremony,’ they take pictures and send it out. 

At home, Eun Joo is shocked, complaining that they did it without the family, while Soo Yeon’s mom starts to gleefully laugh, happy that her two children are finally married now. 

 

 

Genuine Mom grumbles that their wedding is so boring and wants to organize a real wedding for Jung Woo and Soo Yeon, but Genuine Mom and Ahreum coo over the romantic promise to get married on the first day of snow. 

Ahreum wonders if CEO Han knows, and Genuine Mom tells her not to tell him. “He still needs to wake up.”

 

 

The next receiver is Partner Joo, whose smile takes over his entire face. 

But within seconds, the smile crumbles up and Partner Joo starts shouting in pain that his stomach hurt. The other detectives crowd around the picture, realizing why Partner Joo has the worse tummy-ache ever.

 

 

Soo Yeon’s Mom calls Jung Woo, saying the pictures are so beautiful. 
Jung Woo plans on holding a real wedding with a wedding dress and a tuxedo. 

“With Mother,” adds Jung Woo, surprising Soo Yeon’s mom. 

“Mother, thank you.”

Soo Yeon’s mom starts to cry as Jung Woo continues to thank her.

“Thank you for raising me and being my girlfriend, and even giving birth to a beautiful daughter.”

As happy tears slip down, Soo Yeon’s mom calls Jung Woo her son-in-law as Jung Woo replies with “I love you.” Soo Yeon’s mom replies the same, still laughing.

 

 

Back at the altar, it’s shown that Soo Yeon and Jung Woo waved their fingers at each other, erasing each other’s bad memories to create new ones as husband and wife. 

Flashbacks of their past play, showing the time when Jung Woo hid under the slide away from the rain and Soo Yeon gave him her umbrella. 

“It’s okay. I’m not afraid of getting wet, because I’m already drenched.”

Jung Woo promises to return her umbrella the next day. Then on his way home, the umbrella breaks and he ends up getting wet anyways, agreeing that because he’s all wet, he’s not scared. 

Even so, he puts the broken umbrella over his head and runs home.

 

 

The next day, Soo Yeon plays her ripple game again, trying to see if Jung Woo will come or not. She begins to sing Magic Castle, waiting for Jung Woo to come. 

Can you believe it?
In my dreams, you’re a princess fallen under a spell.
Although I always have a hard time acting in front of you, 
I’m only filled with firm determination to rescue you once again. 
I gathered my two hands and prayed to give me endless courage and wisdom.
Passing by the magic castle and the swamps, 
I see you in a dark cave far away.
Now take a hold of my hand. 
You can feel our bodies floating into air. 
Don’t be afraid even when we fly freely into the sky. 
The world in front of our is so special when we are together.

 

 

To our surprise, Jung Woo does come, contrasting from what actually happened in episode 1. 

Jung Woo hands her the umbrella. “I told you I would come. I promised.”
Soo Yeon happily takes the umbrella, when Jung Woo announces that he brought someone along. 

Who?

“My kid uncle.” 

Jung Woo shows his excitement of finding out that he has an uncle. 

 

 

“You’re a liar.” 

Soo Yeon and Jung Woo both turn to face Hyung Jun. 
Hyung Jun comments that Soo Yeon’s not pretty at all. “You said your girlfriend was really pretty.” 

Jung Woo is shocked that Hyung Jun would spill such a secret detail and denies it, but Soo Yeon wonders if she’s really pretty. 

“Is it my eyes? Nose? Mouth?”

Completely and adorably in denial, he calls her flour face and runs away with Soo Yeon chasing after her. Hyung Jun steals her umbrella and throws it to Jung Woo, keeping it away from Soo Yeon.

 

 

It begins to snow and the three stop playing and take a second to admire it. 

Starting with adult Soo Yeon, followed by adult Hyung Jun, young Soo Yeon, young Hyung Jun, and young Jung Woo, they each say a line.

 

 

I like you.
I don’t like you.
I like you.
I don’t like you.
I like you.

 

 

Back at the playground, Jung Woo turns to Soo Yeon and says, “Pretty.”

Although it’s unclear if he’s talking about the snow or her, but Soo Yeon bashfully returns the smile that Jung Woo gives her. 

Hyung Jun pipes up saying that Soo Yeon’s not pretty at all and the three start the game over again. 

“On the day of the first snow, what are you going to do?”
“I have to meet you. I only have one friend, Lee Soo Yeon.”

As the young teens play on the playground, adult Soo Yeon asks, “What would have happened if we met like this?”

Jung Woo replies that they still would have loved, even if they met like that.

 

 

Returning to the church, Jung Woo and Soo Yeon make their way out, holding hands. 

Soo Yeon wonders if they would have met if he didn’t come out in the middle of the night to that playground, but Jung Woo replies they met even before then. 

But he’s relieved that it rained that way. 

“Did you know that I found the umbrella because Mom kicked me?” asks Soo Yeon. 

Jung Woo remarks happily, “Of course it would be my honey - the person who brought us together.”

 

 
Special thanks to:
Enews world
 
And to all of my subscribers!
 
Sad to say but it's the end!
 
What do you think about the ending?
Such a great drama Isn't it?