Missing You Episode 11

Missing You

 

Jung Woo lies unconscious as a text message arrives.

The cleaning lady picks it up and read Partner Joo’s text.

He’s found out that the cleaning lady’s daughter was a victim who later committed suicide. He tells Jung Woo to keep his phone on, but the lady turns off the phone.

 

 

The cleaning nudges Jung Woo with her foot.

“What did I tell you? I told you take care of yourself because the world is harsh. I told you not to risk your life for other people’s business.”

 

 

It’s chaos at the police station. Ahreum is crying over her brother’s disappearance and Partner Joo is screaming at the team boss that they need to go find Jung Woo. When it’s confirmed that Jung Woo chased after the cleaning lady, the police hurry to find him.

As they head to the address on the cleaning lady’s resume, a group of policemen are sent to Soo Hyun’s house, just in case. Soo Hyun’s mother is at lost for words, while Eun Joo tries to reassure her.

 

 

Jung Woo’s phone GPS takes the police to a garbage dump. The police dig through as they hear Magic Castle playing somewhere. As Partner Joo frantically searches, screaming Jung Woo’s name, Team Boss finally finds Jung Woo’s phone.

It has ‘My daughter is dead’ written on the screen.
They realize the cleaning lady has toyed with them.

 

 

Jung Woo wakes up to find himself tied together with his mouth taped up. He tries to free himself without much success, when he sees the cleaning lady’s bag. It has the red rope and a black wig inside.

Just then, the cleaning lady enters, dressed in all black and wearing a black cap.

She compliments him on his ability find her and says he should have waited a few days because she was planning on disappearing quietly.

She takes a pill bottle from the cabinet and tells Jung Woo that her daughter, Bora, is dead.

“That’s why I can’t see her, but you must be happy. It’s that girl, right?” asks the cleaning lady, referring to Joy.

 

 

She takes out some pills from the bottle, saying it’s enough for him since he’s already seen Soo Yeon.

She takes the tape from his mouth and the first thing he requests for his death is to hear Soo Yeon’s voice.

He says that he could have arrested from her the moment he followed her home.

He won’t beg to live, but he wants to hear Soo Yeon’s voice one more time. It’s the least she could do for her son-in-law.

The cleaning lady faintly smiles, but she keeps hearing Bora say she’s scared and to kill that man quickly. She hands him the pills for him to eat.

Stressed from the whole fiasco with Harry intentionally lying to her, Joy sits in solitude, while Harry still waits for her right outside her door.

 

 

Her phone starts to ring and she answers a bit annoyed.

Someone breathes heavily on the other line and finally reveals himself to be Jung Woo.

Joy is immediately alert, asking what’s wrong.

“Do you remember? It’s 15 steps from the broken streetlamp to Soo Yeon’s house...” Jung Woo thought that she would know.

“I miss you… Soo Yeon.”

With that, Jung Woo closes his eyes and falls to the ground.

 

 

The phone goes dead and Joy becomes more frantic. She dials Jung Woo’s number, but it’s Partner Joo who picks up. He tries to say there’s a situation and Joy reveals that she received a call from Jung Woo.

Partner Joo explains what happened and asks for what Jung Woo said.

Harry enters the room hearing Joy’s voice and Joy relays the message to Partner Joo.

“It’s 280 steps from the streetlamp to my house, but he said it was 15. Jung Woo wouldn’t forget that.”

Harry watches in shock and his grip on her hand loosens.

 

 

The police begin to search the area, checking every house within the distance but Jung Woo is nowhere to be found. Just then, someone finds a broken streetlamp, and the police rush over.

Joy insists that she go help, since Jung Woo might call again, but Harry is only angered over her huge concern of Jung Woo.

She stares right into Harry’s eyes and says, “Jung Woo disappeared. Kidnapped. If he’s kidnapped…”

Bad memories come to mind as she finishes her sentence, “Do you know what happens when you’re kidnapped?”

She tightly grips Harry’s hand as she cries and Harry says he’ll go with her, since she’s acting that way because of her trauma from before.

“Let’s go and if you can’t forget immediately, take your time. I’ll help you. You’re not 15 anymore.”

 

 

Meanwhile, Assistant Nam is telling CEO Han that there seems to be nothing suspicious about Harry, when the younger assistant hands CEO Han a file all about Harry’s adoption.

CEO Han scoffs, wondering what he should do with Assistant Nam, now that he’s more useless than ever.

On his way out, Assistant Nam overhears the young assistant handing a USB stick of the company’s quarterly accounts.

 

 

Just then, they hear Ahreum screaming for CEO Han to help Jung Woo.
CEO Han rushes out to yell at her, saying he has no son and he knew what he was getting himself into.

But later on, the thought of Jung Woo missing has CEO Han slightly worried.

The people in the neighborhood complain to the police for the excessive noise in the middle of the night, and Partner Joo finally explodes at them, saying they’re not doing this for fun.

 

 

News gets out that Jung Woo has been found and Partner Joo is first on the scene. He cries as he holds Jung Woo’s flimsy body. A small table beside him shows an entire meal prepared. Team Boss discovered a letter that says, “Mom, I’m sorry” on the envelope.

Joy and Harry arrive on scene. Harry goes to see what’s going on, leaving Joy in the car. She worries that something happened to Jung Woo and Harry gets annoyed. He tells her to tone it down a notch because he is.

Just then, Jung Woo is carried out into an ambulance.

Joy starts to remember what Jung Woo said about not wanting to put handcuffs on her hands and that he’s not letting her go again. She remembers telling him to find the real criminal and how he promised to do so.

 

 

Team Boss tells his officers to head to the prison where Bora’s is and to search the neighborhood once more for the cleaning lady. Harry asks if the criminal has been caught and explains that he came just in case they could of help since Jung Woo called Joy’s phone.

Team Boss doesn’t tell Harry anything and rushes to do the investigation as Jung Woo is taken to the hospital. Harry sees Joy watching the ambulance go and he looks away, his eyes turning red with tears as he angrily grips his cane.

 

 

Joy waits outside of Jung Woo’s hospital room, hesitating whether or not she should go inside.

She finally builds up the courage to do so, just as Jung Woo comes out of the bathroom with his shirt half on. Joy shies away as Jung Woo tries to cover himself.

Joy tries to leave, but the door opens to Partner Joo entering. He sees Jung Woo’s state and covers his eyes and shrieks.

 

 

Then he turns to Joy, with his hands gently covering his chest. “Was I not supposed to come in just now?”

When Jung Woo tries to stop Partner Joo, Partner Joo rushes to hug Jung Woo, whining and crying that he was scared that Jung Woo was really going to die.

The bromance is too much for Joy to handle and she starts to laugh.
Seeing Joy laugh, Jung Woo smiles as well.

Harry decides this is the perfect time to enter the room, and all smiles fall off.

Harry says Jung Woo should be resting up and Partner Joo adds that the pills Jung Woo took were just sleeping pills.

How lucky he is that the cleaning lady didn’t feed him poison like she did with her victims. Partner Joo leads Jung Woo to the bed, Jung Woo refuses, because he needs to find the cleaning lady.

 

 

With a pause, Jung Woo thanks Harry, who asks to speak in private.

Harry says Jung Woo’s not going to believe that Joy is not Soo Yeon, so he offers to find Soo Yeon for Jung Woo.

“But what if we find her, but she doesn’t want to come back? Should I drag her back if she says Lee Soo Yeon doesn’t want to come back because she doesn’t want to see Han Jung Woo?”

Not fazed at all, Jung Woo replies to bring her so he can ask her himself. “Whether it’s something she wants or something Harry wants.”

 

 

Harry laughs, envying Harry’s ability to throw things away when he doesn’t and keep things when he wants them. “No matter what happens, I won’t run away leaving Joy behind.”

Jung Woo mutters that Harry seems know a lot about him.

Harry reveals that he was abandoned by his mom and knows exactly how it feels.

“Even if my mother comes back to me, I will never forgive her.” He tells Jung Woo to ask Soo Yeon if she can really forgive him after what he’s done.

It’s Jung Woo’s turn to laugh, asking if forgiveness is that easy.
“I know it isn’t, so until the day she does forgive me, I plan on being by her side, waiting and waiting.”

Jung Woo ends the conversation by saying they should grab a drink, but only one shot, since that’s all Jung Woo can take. Then he excuses himself to go catch the criminal, leaving Harry tightly gripping his cane once more.

 

 

Meanwhile, Partner Joo comments that Joy must only like really handsome guys as he describes both Harry and Jung Woo. As the descriptions continue, Eun Joo greets Partner Joo, startling Joy. She looks away quickly as Eun Joo greets her unfriendily.

Jung Woo joins the group momentarily to pick up Partner Joo. He doesn’t address Joy or Eun Joo at all. Eun Joo, not wanting to be ignored, yells to him that Soo Yeon’s mother is deathly worried about him and if he continues to ignore her, he’s going to get kicked out of the house.

Hearing the conversation, Joy wonders what Eun Joo means by the house. Then she puts two and two together: why Jung Woo was running from the direction of her house.

As usual, Harry watches in agony from afar.

 

 

Returning back to the house, Joy is quite distraught but she knows that her behavior has hurt Harry even more. But Harry tells her to give him more time, since this is the first big fight they’ve had and over Hang Jung Woo.

“I don’t like it,” says Harry.

In his secret lair, Harry takes out his frustrations on Assistant Nam, demanding CEO Han’s secret funds. Assistant Nam says he needs time to prepare, since once he steals it, he needs to go into hiding like Harry did 14 years ago.

Harry doesn’t care as his anger grows, yelling at Assistant Nam that if he doesn’t hurry up, he won’t get a single penny.

 

 

Harry searches for his ‘friend’ online and informs the person that Joy is starting to get shaken up by Jung Woo and Harry wants to leave immediately. The person seems to know all about Joy and Jung Woo’s back story and asks how that happened.

“When hate lingers for a long time, one can mistake it for longing.”

The person notes that Harry’s furious and tells Harry to just imagine the day when Jung Woo will put handcuffs on his own father. The message gets sent over and over again, effectively calming Harry’s anger.

 

 

During the police rush to find the criminal, Partner Joo tells Jung Woo that he loves him.

“I realized yesterday that you’re supposed to express love while you still can,” says Partner Joo, as Jung Woo laughs. Partner Joo adds that he almost died thinking Jung Woo died and that he lost his voice screaming Jung Woo’s name.

In conclusion, we love Partner Joo.

Partner Joo explains the situation with Bora’s case. There were two criminals involved – one went to prison and the other was freed, declared not guilty, and is flying back from abroad today, so chances are the cleaning lady will be after the one entering the country.

Partner Joo receives a call that the second has his cellphone, so they begin tracking down his location.

 

 

The /rich douchebag is talking to a friend. When the friend mentions Bora, he replies, “Don’t even mention her…. Because of her I had to go through so much in America. (Aw...poor baby...ugh.)

The criminal hails for a cab and steps in.

In the cab, he asks about the guy in prison. “Remember, make sure you keep his mouth shut.”

So…the man who was declared not guilty is actually the ?

He makes plans to meet friends later that night.

 

 

“Why are you going to Cheongdam-dong and not home?”

Holy crap, it’s the cleaning lady in the driver’s seat.

She mentions that his home is Seonbuk-dong. The douchebagis shocked and asks how she knows.

“How? Because I’m Bora’s mom.”

The look of shock and fear strikes the douchebag′s face as the door locks.

The douchebag demands the car be stopped, asking if she knows who his dad is.
The cleaning lady has no change of expression as she takes out the stun gun from her pocket.

Police sirens are heard as Jung Woo catches up with the cab.
The douchebag yells for help, and then he bangs the cleaning lady’s head onto the steering wheel, making her swerve to a stop.

 

 

Jung Woo gets out of the car as the cleaning lady stuns the douchebag.
Blood starts to drip from her head as she stares at Jung Woo, calling him her son-in-law.

Jung Woo begs for her to open the door.

“I know how you feel – how can I not? But this isn’t how you get your revenge! You have to make them regret it!” He bangs on the window as he sees her pull a knife from her pocket.

 

 

Jung Woo becomes more frantic and yells for her to stop

As a tear rolls from her eye, the cleaning lady stabs the douchebag right in front of Jung Woo’s shocked eyes

The cleaning lady is led out of the police van, handcuffed and her face hidden.

The press scream out questions as Bora’s voice is heard.

 

 

“Mom, you told me to come home right after school before it gets dark, but I’m sorry I didn’t listen.
You said you were upset even with a skinned knee, so I’m sorry for being bruised all over the place.
Mom…you ironed my school uniform beautiful even with your hurt wrist, but I’m sorry for making it dirty.
It’s like a car accident. After awhile, it’ll get better.
That’s what I wanted to believe, but it’s not happening. I’m sorry.
Even the people who asked if I was okay are telling me to stop, but I still get bad dreams.
You couldn’t sleep because I kept yelling and crying, right? I’m sorry.
Those people are coming out of prison five years later.”

Jung Woo tears up reading the letter, as Joy watches the cleaning lady escorted into the station on TV.

 

 

The cleaning lady stops in front of the reporters and takes off her mask.

“My daughter died. Those bastards didn’t her, they murdered her. My daughter died.”

Bora whispers, “Mom…Good-bye.”

 

 

At the same moment, Soo Yeon’s mother is putting all of Jung Woo’s things into a box. She comes across a family portrait from Jung Woo’s police academy graduation. She puts her hand on Jung Woo’s face and tears up.

Joy closes her eyes as tears roll voluntarily from her eyes. She receives a text from Jung Woo.

“The real criminal has been caught, but why is my heart in pain?” it reads. “What I want to say right now is, thank you for being alive. Thank you for letting me wait.”

There’s a knock at the door and Joy quickly wipes her tears away as Harry enters.

Harry tells her that he’s going out to meet their lawyer, when he realizes that she’s been crying.

 

 

He brushes her head and wonders what he should do with her. “I can’t get mad at you.”

Joy tells him to go ahead and be mad at her.

Harry shakes his head and says he doesn’t want to waste precious time over Jung Woo. He admits that he was blinded by jealousy and to forget everything he’s done because it’s embarrassing.

“Erase all the bad memories you created because of me,” says Harry. “I can’t live without you. I realize that every single day.”

Joy receives a call, and this time it’s Fake Mom, who has come to visit Joy without an invitation

 

 

This shameless woman lets herself at home, offering side dishes to the couple. Harry’s worried about leaving Joy with Fake Mom, but Joy smiles and says she can handle it.

Over tea, Fake Mom shares how she lives under CEO Han, but despite it all, she loves money.

Joy smiles, remembering that’s exactly what her own mom said once before.

Fake Mom then asks how Joy knows Jung Woo and warns her to stay away from him because he’s trouble. She tells Joy that Jung Woo went crazy over a girl and ran away from home, breaking his relationship with his father.

Joy suddenly gets up, saying she has to go somewhere. She promises to visit Fake Mom’s shop later.

 

 

Harry meets with his lawyer Craig, who confirms that Joy is free to fly out of the country now. Harry receives the account from his other investor and Craig asks what Harry’s going to do with 20 billion won. Harry needs to take care of something annoying.

That something annoying, aka Assistant Nam, enters into the CEO Han’s household just as he runs into Ahreum. Assistant Nam makes up a lie that he was sent on an errand to get a document, but Ahreum is immediately suspicious and calls her father to inform him.

CEO Han tells Ahreum to hold onto Assistant Nam, but of course, by the time CEO Han arrives at home, Assistant Nam is gone and so is the USB stick. CEO Han orders for Assistant Nam to be brought to him.

 

 

At night, Assistant Nam and Harry meet up. They exchange the money for the account books,

As he hands over the files, Assistant Nam asks if Soo Yeon knows. “That she became like that because of your mom.”

Disgusted to hear Soo Yeon’s name out of Assistant Nam’s mouth, Harry says he’s only learned bad things from CEO Han. Harry warms Assistant Nam to run away before he’s killed by CEO Han.

 

 

Harry bikes away, but stops to tell Assistant Nam not to talk about Soo Yeon.
“Disappear like smoke. Don’t ever show up in front of my eyes ever again.”

As Harry leaves, Assistant Nam writes a scheduled text message to Han Jung Woo, saying he’ll be out of the country by the time Jung Woo gets the message.

 

 

At the station, the cleaning lady is being interrogated.

She looks at pictures of the druggie-napper, mentioning that the color of the towel over his face is really pretty. Team Boss is not amused and demands why she killed the druggie-napper.

The cleaning lady says she wants to talk to her son-in-law.

Jung Woo waiting outside of the station for Soo Yeon’s mom. When she does, she gives him the box and coldly responds to him.

Seeing that she’s upset, he starts to baby talk with a bright smile on his face.

“Ish my honwey mad? Wook at me. What’s the side dish? Is it meat? I wuv
meat the best!”

As Jung Woo chases his honey into the station, Joy watches from the parking lot.

Joy confirms that Jung Woo has been living with her mom the past 14 years.

 

 

Inside the station, Jung Woo does a play-by-play of what happened when he was kidnapped. “But then your face came up and I opened my eyes! I can’t even die because I’m afraid you’ll cheat on me.”

Soo Yeon’s mom tells Jung Woo that she brought some of his stuff and will send the rest to his address. Jung Woo is confused and asks what’s up. She replies that she can’t live with Jung Woo because he makes her nervous. She tells him to return to his house.

Soo Yeon’s mom says he’s crazy for living his house at 15 and she’s also crazy for accepting him.

As Joy watches from the corner, Soo Yeon’s mom said that Jung Woo did everything that he could and now that the druggie-napper is dead, he should return to his house.

 

 

Ignoring the seriousness of the situation, Jung Woo jokes that it’s too late for her to send him away. “I can’t live without my honey.” He hugs her, but the reply that he gets is, “Jung Woo, please let me live.”

She pushes him away with her eyes clothes.
“I don’t want to see you anymore. When I do, I remember that time. I want to forget it now, so just go.”

Jung Woo replies that he doesn’t want to leave.
“I’m going to wait until Soo Yeon comes.”

 

 

Soo Yeon’s mom opens her eyes as Joy starts to cry from the corner.

“I’m crazy and a detective. A detective’s job is to wait. I’m crazy and a man. A man is supposed to know how to wait,” says Jung Woo, asking why she’s trying to push him away now. “If I wanted to forget Soo Yeon, I would have done so a long time ago.”

With tears rolling down his eyes, Jung Woo tells Soo Yeon’s mom to remember everything when she does and hate him when she does. “But…even those painful memories are mine. I’ll take care of them, so don’t tell me to leave.”

 

 

Unable to let Jung Woo keep chasing after false hope, Soo Yeon’s mom explodes.

“Lee Soo Yeon doesn’t want it!”

Joy covers to silence the crying.
Jung Woo stares at Soo Yeon’s mom.

“She doesn’t want to live as Lee Soo Yeon…”

 

 

Soo Yeon’s mom cries on Jung Woo’s chest. “Let’s let her go. No one knows about her father or what happened to her then. Just kill me instead, but I want it that way.” Soo Yeon’s mother continues to weep that she wants Soo Yeon live that way and Jung Woo to stop.

Jung Woo collapses to the ground as Joy continues pour out tears.

Harry returns to an empty house and he automatically suspects that Joy’s at the tent bar, drinking soju. He’s sad she didn’t invite him.

 

 

At the station, Soo Yeon’s mom meets with the cleaning lady.

Tears already forming in her eyes, Soo Yeon’s mother lets out a sigh, seeing the handcuffs on the cleaning lady’s wrists.

 

 

“It’s strange, right? We’re like this but my heart is very comfortable,” says the cleaning lady.

“Bora’s mother.. I know I shouldn’t do this, I really shouldn’t, but thank you.” Soo Yeon’s mother bursts into tears. “Thank you for doing it instead of me and I’m sorry because you’re being punished instead of me. I’m sorry and thank you.”

 

 

The two mothers reach out for each other and hold hands, crying together and sharing that mutual pain.

Outside, Jung Woo sadly looks through his box. He sees the umbrella and their school uniform name tags.

 

 

Joy watches and remembers when Jung Woo and Soo Yeon first met each other on the playground in the middle of the night.

“Lee. Soo. Yeon,” says Jung Woo. “Han. Jung. Woo.”

It’s 7 PM and the Magic Castle alarm rings. Joy quickly turns his off and Jung Woo looks as if he noticed something.

 

 

With tear streaks on his face, Jung Woo calls out to Soo Yeon. He sees her heels behind the corner. “Do you really hate being Lee Soo Yeon?”

Realizing she’s been spotted. Joy hides and then runs out of the station.

After a few moments, Jung Woo chases after her.

 

 

“Do you hate Lee Soo Yeon that much?”

Joy stops in her tracks for a moment, then moves on.
Jung Woo confronts her.

“Do you hate Lee Soo Yeon?”

Joy doesn’t reply.

 

 

“Should… I not wait? Should I not wait?”
Jung Woo continues to yell as Joy looks down

Without another second to waste, Jung Woo pulls her close to him and whispers, “Soo Yeon…should I not wait?”

Joy tries to get out of his arms, but Jung Woo brings her closer.

“Don’t look at me. You don’t like it when you see me.”

Joy freezes.

 



“If you see me, it hurts.”

He calls out Soo Yeon’s name once more, as they cry in each other arms.