missing you episode 18

Missing You

 

With the gun still in his hand, Jung Woo and Soo Yeon easily make their getaway as Partner Joo and the other policemen watch them go, unable/unwilling to forcibly take them down.

When they arrive at a safe place, Jung Woo puts the handgun into a passcode-protected locker as Soo Yeon continues to shiver. Her hands are still stained red from the blood.

Fortunately, Fake Mom is not dead.

The police take over Harry’s house to investigate every inch of the space, as Jung Woo informs Partner Joo about Harry’s secret room by payphone. But when Partner Joo gets into Harry’s room, the mess we saw earlier with the glass and the wrecked portrait is all gone.

In place of Harry and Soo Yeon’s picture is a different painting.

Jung Woo warns Partner Joo to get out of the room. If the mess is gone, that means Harry must have cleaned it up. He might still be in the secret lair.

 

 

Coming out of the room, Partner Joo comments that he believes Jung Woo 100 percent, but Soo Yeon, not so much. He’s suspicious whether or not Soo Yeon is plotting this whole thing with Harry.

Jung Woo understands and promises to get Soo Yeon to tell him everything she hasn’t told him yet. He warns Partner Joo to stay calm throughout the entire process.

Before they hang up, Partner Joo tells Jung Woo to leave the gun behind and Jung Woo replies that it’s in the public locker. “It’s your locker number. The pass code is the first day we met.”

Aw, how bromantic.

Partner Joo sends Jung Woo to his house for safety and Jung Woo reminds Partner Joo to keep that crushed can safe; it’s the only evidence that can put Harry behind bars.

Then Jung Woo picks up the phone and calls Eun Joo for a favor.

 

 

When he finishes making the call, Jung Woo softly addresses Soo Yeon to go wash her hands first.

Soo Yeon replies that she’s feeling a lot calmer and able to go to the police station, but Jung Woo doesn’t want that.

“I need to nitpick over the fact that you went to Harry’s house without telling me.”

 

 

At Harry’s house, the police officers cautiously push the button behind the painting. The wall swings open and Partner Joo enters to find Harry passed out on a couch.

He’s not dead, but completely drunk and surrounded by alcohol bottles. The officers notice a screen that shows the MBS stocks. The numbers show that it ed at one point but fell incredibly in 2012.

In the interrogation room, Hyung Jun lies that he was drunk and passed out during the attempted murderer. Despite Hyung Jun’s reason, Team Boss states that Hyung Jun was still in the house during the attempted murder and could still be a suspect.

Hyung Jun raises his voice, frustrated since he has no reason to kill Fake Mom. When Team Boss corrects Hyung Jun, saying that Joy is Soo Yeon, Hyung Jun plays dumb asking why Joy is Soo Yeon.

 

 

Team Boss calmly explains that Jung Woo had Soo Yeon’s fingerprint from a long time ago and it matched up with Joy’s.

For someone who′s playing dumb, Hyung Jun doesn’t even act surprised and asks where Jung Woo is.

No one knows.

Team Boss adds that Jung Woo disappeared and Soo Yeon ran away from the scene.

Hyung Jun’s eyes widen. “Did they…go together?”

Team Boss answers that he doesn’t know as Hyung Jun’s face crumbles.

“I don’t understand why this is happening to us. Please find Joy for me. I need to ask her directly.”

If this was a couple episodes back, we would be siding with Hyung Jun and pitying him, but now, we just want him to stop being so fake.

 

 

Behind the glass, Partner Joo wonders if they should send him to Hollywood if it’s not an act. Hyung Jun can so go to Hollywood.

Chief Choi suggests putting Assistant Yoon in the room with Hyung Jun.

With tears in his eyes, Hyung Jun asks Assistant Yoon why he’s doing this to Soo Yeon. Assistant Yoon puts his hand on the table and leans forward.

“I only did what Lee Soo Yeon told me to do.”

Hyung Jun drops his head, momentarily in tears. Suddenly his face completely changes and a small smirk curls up on his lips for a second.

Chief Choi tells the Team Boss to leave the room and to give both of them a cup of water.

Hyung Jun and Assistant Yoon are left in the room by themselves as the detectives watch. Hyung Jun picks up the cup of water to drink and Assistant Yoon soon follows.

 

 

Chief Choi remarks that Assistant Yoon leaned forward towards Hyung Jun. “It means he’s comfortable around him.” It′s the same deal with the water cups.

Chief Choi asks for a DNA test on Hyung Jun’s water cup so it can be compared with the soda can. If the results match, then Harry is Hyung Jun, and Harry will be easily busted for pretending not to know Joy was Soo Yeon.

Partner Joo pulls up the family registry of Jung Woo’s ‘aunt’ as it reads that Kang Hyung Jun is the son of Kang Hyung Joo. Team Boss wonders if Hyung Jun knows if his mother is at CEO Han’s house.

 

 

Riding a bus somewhere, Joy is apologetic that Jung Woo’s life has gotten complicated because of her.

Jung Woo smiles, “My life did become a variety because of you. And your life became a spectacle after meeting me.”

Joy starts to cry, feeling overwhelmed about everything that has happened, and Jung Woo cradles her, letting her cry.

 

 

Granting Jung Woo’s favor, Eun Joo comes to the design studio to dismiss Ahreum from her babysitting duties, so she can see her mom at the hospital.

Eun Joo reassures her that nothing is going to happen to both her mom and Jung Woo. “If something happens to Jung Woo, I can’t live.”

She adds that Ahreum will not get in trouble for smuggling Hyun Joo out of the house. Eun Joo will never see CEO Han.

 

 

Speaking of evil dads, CEO Han leaves his hospital bed against the doctor’s orders. He’s shocked to hear about Fake Mom’s condition, but when he runs into Ahreum, asking about her mom, CEO Han asks about Hyun Joo instead. Ahreum gets upset and starts questioning her father and whether or not Hyun Joo really is Jung Woo’s aunt.

Stepping aside, Ahreum clears the hall for her father to go. “I ran here because I was worried about you but I guess I shouldn’t have. You never cared for me or Mom, so it’s only fair.”

 

 

She storms off. Without a change of expression, CEO Han continues his way. As her father walks away, Ahreum turns around and stares, hurt.

CEO Han returns to an empty house and things don’t feel right. He runs to the bedroom – Hyung Joo is not there. He goes into his den and finds his safe opened and papers strewn everywhere.

 

 

Inside the safe is a plastic ornament, along with the same note as before: ‘Even God can’t save you. Just wait.”

CEO Han chuckles, remembering all of his encounters with Harry, finally realizing that it’s Hyung Jun.

Hyung Jun is released from the station as Partner Joo informs Team Boss that the investigation team found absolutely nothing inside Harry’s house. “There’s seriously nothing that it’s even more suspicious.”

 

 

Harry returns home and dumps another picture of himself and Joy into a secret hiding compartment on the bathroom floor, where he hid all of the broken portraits.

Back in his lair, Hyung Jun fiddles with his necklace piece, where the key from his mother was inserted. He lets out a frustrated sigh, remembering that he gave the key necklace to Soo Yeon.

Elsewhere, Soo Yeon takes off the key necklace.

Jung Woo and Soo Yeon end up at Partner Joo’s father’s place. Papa Joo is just as talkative and affectionate as Partner Joo and offers everything Jung Woo and Soo Yeon need for what he thinks is a secret undercover case.

 

 

Jung Woo and Soo Yeon take a walk outside. Soo Yeon tries to tell Jung Woo something, but Jung Woo says she can tell him tomorrow when she’s not so shaken up.

Soo Yeon asks how Jung Woo was able to be friends with a murderer’s daughter, and Jung Woo becomes embarrassed since he ignored her in the beginning.

 

 

Already set on telling the truth, Soo Yeon replies, “The person who made me into a dead person is your father, Han Tae Jun.”

Jung Woo becomes surprised as Soo Yeon explains the USB she received and she apologizes for not telling him in advance.

Soo Yeon continues to pour out the details.

Hyung Jun killed the Druggie-napper and Jung Woo’s ‘aunt’ at home is actually Hyung Jun’s mom.

The last detail shocks Jung Woo the most, as Soo Yeon tells Jung Woo to figure out the relationship between Hyun Joo and CEO Han, since he also destroyed Hyung Jun’s leg.

Utterly shocked by the bomb that Soo Yeon dropped, Jung Woo is a bit incredulous about the last few details, saying there’s no way his father could have ruined Hyung Jun’s leg from 14 years ago.

 

 

But Soo Yeon cuts him off, repeating what Fake Mom said to Hyung Jun about seeing him in the house a long time ago. Oh, and Michelle Kim is Nurse Hyemi.

“Do you understand what I’m saying? They all knew each other from 14 years ago.”

Unable to handle everything he’s heard, Jung Woo falls to his knees and starts to cry. Soo Yeon asks Jung Woo to confirm with his father.

Even without confirmation, something inside tells Jung Woo that his father probably did all those things and Jung Woo bawls as Soo Yeon tries to comfort him.

Back at the house, CEO Han stares blankly at the plastic ornament, realizing Hyung Jun is toying with him.

 

 

Meanwhile, Hyun Joo makes a new one.
Right next to her is Soo Yeon’s mom who wonders how long Hyun Joo was in the hospital to be able to make such crafts out of IV tubes.

When Hyun Joo gets worried that Soo Yeon’s mom will steal her ornament away, Soo Yeon’s mom points to the clothespin on her head.

Soo Yeon’s mom starts to chat about her rough life with her abusive husband. As if wanting to share something about her life, Hyun Joo holds up the flower in her hand and says, “Baby.”

Soo Yeon’s mom smiles and then offers to show her baby. She pulls out a photo album introducing her baby to Hyun Joo. After the baby pictures of Soo Yeon, she flips the page to reveal photos of Jung Woo.

“This is my son. Han Jung Woo.”

Hyun Joo peers into the picture.

 

 

Soo Yeon’s mom starts to brag about Jung Woo and mentions the crazy journey they went on to meet each other. She talks about the kidnapping and her farewell with Soo Yeon and how Jung Woo helped find her.

All of a sudden, Hyun Joo starts to gasp for air, yelling and crying. She flips the photo album away, repeating, “No. No. I’m going to give it to Hyung Jun!”

She grabs her head and starts to cry in pain, repeating over and over that she’s going to give it to Hyung Jun. She holds onto Ahreum’s key necklace in her hand tightly as Eun Joo and Soo Yeon’s mom try to calm her down.

 

 

Back at the Joo house, Jung Woo asks Soo Yeon why she lives this messed up life.

Giving him a cup of something warm, Joy replies, “It’s fine, because I met you.”

She admits that she realized her life was pretty messed up on the bus. “First living as a murderer’s daughter, now a murderer.”

She turns to Jung Woo and says it’s okay because he’s by her side.
“My head must be crazy, because all I need is you.”

She asks him to make her frustrated feelings for Hyung Jun go away. Jung Woo wonders if he can do that, and Soo Yeon nods her head with a smile.

Jung Woo stands by the window, as Soo Yeon says in a voiceover that Hyung Jun’s mom probably ordered the kidnapping based on what Fake Mom said about Soo Yeon to Hyung Jun. The reason would be money.

“But Harry’s goal isn’t money. He just wants to return the pain to your father, you, and me.”

 

 

At home, Soo Yeon’s mom tucks Hyun Joo in. She notices that Hyun Joo is still gripping the necklace hard and tries to release her grip, but Hyun Joo holds on, muttering that she’s going to give it to Kang Hyun Jun.

Soo Yeon’s mom tries again, but Hyun Joo holds on.

The next day, Hyung Jun strolls out of his driveway on his bike. He wakes up the detective, who has been tailing Hyung Jun all night.

“Tell Detective Han. It’s bad enough that he stole Joy from me, but now he’s treating me like a criminal?” Hyung Jun puts a milk bottle on top of the detective’s car and speeds away.

The detective hurriedly calls for backup, but due to a momentary block in the road, Hyung Jun disappears on his bike.

 

 

The place where he ends up is a secluded park, where he meets CEO Han.
CEO Han informs Hyung Jun that Fake Mom has regained consciousness. Hyung Jun warns that if CEO Han doesn’t want his crimes to be revealed, he should make sure Fake Mom doesn’t say the wrong things.

CEO Han doesn’t seem to care, since his crimes will land him in jail for a few years, but for Hyung Jun, it’ll be life. “And you won’t be able to see your mom.”

Hyung Jun scoffs, saying he doesn’t need her.

CEO Han chuckles. “That’s good because she disappeared while no one was at home.”

Hyung Jun’s face changes as CEO Han remarks that he thought Hyung Jun took her when he broke into his safe.

 

 

Hyung Jun puts on a straight face, and brings the topic back to the documents in the safe and the money he pulled out.

CEO Han growls for his money back, and Hyung Jun agrees. He doesn’t want the money. Instead, he says, “Make your son, Han Jung Woo, just like me.”

CEO Han looks at Hyung Jun’s leg, but thankfully, Hyung Jun’s not talking about the leg.

“Like how you took my mom away, I’m going to steal the most important thing in Han Jung Woo’s life, Lee Soo Yeon.” He stares straight into CEO Han’s eyes. “It’s not hard, right? You already killed her once 14 years ago.”

 

 

Due to an unexplainable reason, CEO Han and Hyung Jun don’t notice Partner Joo’s car parked right in front of them. Partner Joo calls Jung Woo saying that he chased CEO Han and somehow found Hyung Jun. He adds that the DNA test will take a week.

Jung Woo tells Partner Joo to do some research on his father’s old bank to find a relationship between CEO Han and Hyung Jun. Then he asks if he can spend one day with Soo Yeon without thinking about anything else.

 

 

The day starts off at the lake, where Jung Woo attempts to catch a fish with Papa Joo. Jung Woo cheerfully shows Soo Yeon the tiny fish he caught, but when Soo Yeon’s uncertain about what kind of face to put on, Jung Woo waves his magic fingers at her.

“Let’s forget yesterday’s bad memories and make today full of good ones!” Soo Yeon finally smiles, as Papa Joo imitates the magic spell.

Jung Woo asks Papa Joo to take a picture for them – Jung Woo and Soo Yeon’s first picture in 14 years.

 

 

He calls up Soo Yeon’s mom to get recipes on how to make Mommy’s Fish Stew with the fresh fish he caught in the morning.

As she lists off the ingredients, Jung Woo’s face falls and he tells Soo Yeon that they can’t make the meal.

Jung Woo hands the phone to Soo Yeon, and immediately, Soo Yeon’s mom asks if everything’s okay with Jung Woo because his voice sounds different.

Soo Yeon’s mom reminds Soo Yeon that Jung Woo is one of a kind and tells her to be nice to Jung Woo, as he boasts to the grocery store owner that he caught three fish.

Soo Yeon’s mom asks if Jung Woo reminds Soo Yeon of anyone.

After watching Jung Woo, Soo Yeon finally smiles. “I think I know.”

On their way home, Jung Woo gives Soo Yeon a trivia quiz, and when Soo Yeon gets the answer right, Jung Woo gives her a wish.

“I want to go back to a certain day 14 years ago. If not, I want to live the remaining days like that day.”

 

 

Soo Yeon pinpoints the day when the entire family played around with Soo Yeon’s clothespin, because it was the first time she saw her mom smiling so brightly and the first time she complimented Soo Yeon.

Soo Yeon starts to explain her fantasy about family and how the father comes home with fried chicken and wakes her up. Her mom then scolds him for waking her up, but when he hands her a white envelope of money, she gets all happy. Unable to sleep from a full stomach, all of the family members go outside and play like they did.

Jung Woo replies that she needs to live with him, because that’s exactly how he’s going to live. Except at night, the wife will also be putting medicine on his wounds from chasing a criminal.

Then he names six mountains that they see in front of them. “That’s the six names…of our children.” Soo Yeon laughs shyly as Jung Woo says he just wanted to see her smile brightly.

“Number 27. Lee Soo Yeon. Joy,” says Soo Yeon. “I want to live as Lee Soo Yeon now.”

He repeats her name twice and compliments it.

 

 

Leaving their car behind, the two walk down the snowy road, while snapping pictures of each other and holding hands.

Soo Yeon brings up that her mom thinks Jung Woo is like Detective Kim.

Jung Woo remembers how Detective Kim appeared so cool in front of his eyes (ours too) and how Detective Kim’s dream was to be a good adult.

 

 

“I think he fulfilled his dreams, chasing after you,” says Jung Woo. He asks if she knows where he first saw her. She asks where, but he doesn’t answer.

Instead, he pulls her close and steals a kiss.

Jung Woo narrates, “Over the tall wall, you were standing outside with your head down even though you didn’t do anything wrong. But because of my father, I will not hang my head down. Soo Yeon. Let’s love. Let’s love. Let’s love a lot more.”

 

 

Without giving her a break for managing to come back alive, CEO Han chides Fake Mom for trying to do business with Hyung Jun behind his back. Now that she knows what Hyung Jun is capable of, CEO Han says Fake Mom should do whatever he tells her to do now.

Breathing loudly in fear, Fake Mom closes her eyes, perhaps trying to drown him out.

CEO Han warns that if he doesn’t do anything, Hyung Jun will come back.

 

 

Eun Joo arrives at the hospital to give Ahreum some food for her mom. She tells Ahreum that her aunt is safe at her house and Soo Yeon’s mom has already become best friends with her.

As they walk down the hallway, a man on the couch lowers his magazine. It’s Hyung Jun and he is super creepy.

 

 

Papa Joo finally deducts that Soo Yeon and Jung Woo aren’t there undercover but do date in secret. Jung Woo admits it right away and Papa Joo takes Soo Yeon away to cook. He hints Jung Woo to look over, and a hand waves Jung Woo over from behind the boulder.

As Soo Yeon is dragged away, Jung Woo runs over the boulder, where Partner Joo finishes a call. He relays the message that Fake Mom keeps going in and out of consciousness, and CEO Han is keeping guard.

This is bad, because with CEO Han breathing down Fake Mom’s neck, she won’t be able to give a truthful account of what’s happening.

Playing messenger, Partner Joo brings up Team Boss’ order for Jung Woo to come back, because this is beginning to unravel as a long-term case.

After telling Partner Joo that Hyun Joo is at his house, Jung Woo says investigating the relationship between Moon Hae Jun, Assistant Yoon, and Hyung Jun is the next step.

 

 

Soo Yeon’s mom and Eun Joo bring Hyun Joo out to the marketplace. Surrounded by people, Hyun Joo seems to be in high spirits. But seen in between their heads is Hyung Jun, slowly following after them from a distance.

Hyung Jun watches Eun Joo and Soo Yeon’s mom treat his mother kindly.

 

 

As Soo Yeon’s mom goes to buy something, Eun Joo and Hyun Joo stop by at a noodles shop. Hyung Jun quietly sits down next to his mom and orders a bowl of noodles.

Eun Joo looks at him strangely but is distracted when Hyun Joo drops noodles on her lap. She leaves the table to get napkins.

As Hyun Joo fusses over the noodles on her lap, she meets eyes with Hyung Jun.

 

 

They stare at each other with sad, longing eyes for a second before Hyung Jun grabs Hyun Joo’s hand and dumps the necklace pieces in her hand.

“I don’t need anything anymore.”
Hyung Jun hurriedly grabs his cane and stumbles away from his mom.

Hyun Joo stares at the necklace pieces in her hand and starts to call out for her baby. “I’m going to give it to Hyung Jun!”

Hyung Joo continues to scream for Hyung Jun, as Hyung Jun brushes shoulders with Soo Yeon’s mom.

Coming home weakly, Hyung Jun collapses on the couch inside his secret lair, writhing in pain.

 

 

Meanwhile, Soo Yeon and Jung Woo enjoy their dinner with some soju. Four shots in, Soo Yeon asks Jung Woo to sing and Jung Woo starts to sing the Korean version of Old McDonald that Detective Kim sang to him.

Soo Yeon joins in and they have a good laugh together.

Then Jung Woo adds his own line, including the police in the corridor, screaming, “Stop right there!”

Jung Woo reveals that the song has more meaning than it seems.
“The goes ‘-a-doodle-doo,’ the cow goes ‘Moo,’ and the police says, ‘Stop right there!’ It means everyone should live where they are, making the sounds they should make, says Detective Kim.”

 

 

After getting jealous that Jung Woo became a detective because of Detective Kim, and not her, Soo Yeon suggests that they head back to the station, since Jung Woo has a lot of things to do.

She plans on staying at the station and knitting Jung Woo a scarf, while Jung Woo gets to the bottom of things. While Jung Woo wants her to stay in the cabin, Soo Yeon believes it’s safer to be next to him.

She also wants Jung Woo to stop Hyung Jun but deal with him like Jung Woo did with Soo Yeon.

Soo Yeon admits that she wanted Jung Woo to suffer, but as Jung Woo starts to show love to her, all of her hate and pain disappeared.

Just like how Eun Joo and her mom is family to Jung Woo, Hyung Jun is family to Soo Yeon and she failed, not realizing Hyung Jun’s feelings for the past 14 years. She asks Jung Woo to be kind to Hyung Jun.

 

 

As Jung Woo heads to get more soju, Partner Joo calls to reveal the results of Fake Mom’s account.

It was Soo Yeon who poisoned her.

Soo Yeon, who picked up the phone, sits in shock as Partner Joo repeats the news to Jung Woo. It’s time for him to stop hiding in the cabin and come to Seoul.

Soo Yeon is surprisingly calm about it, knowing that Hyung Jun probably ordered her to. “He’s doing this to make you mad, like you are now.” Soo Yeon asks if Jung Woo is going to help her.

Still in his secret lair, Hyung Jun receives a call from CEO Han, asking for his money in exchange for the location of someone. Hyung Jun bolts up.

 

 

After washing up, Soo Yeon steps out of the bathroom and Jung Woo puts his hand over the scar on Soo Yeon’s foot.

“Does it still hurt when you see it?”

Soo Yeon smiles. “No.”

 

 

Soo Yeon remembers the time when Jung Woo embraced her scar than when she ran away from her father.

Jung Woo asks what she’s doing on the day of the first snow. “I want to make happy memories with you.”

Soo Yeon replies that she needs to meet him. Jung Woo says they have something they must do but keeps what it is to himself.

Mornng comes and Jung Woo sees a police car parked outside already. As he heads out, he also notices someone else’s car.

Hyung Jun makes his way over to the house.

Jung Woo frowns and leaves the window. Soo Yeon, noticing something’s off, goes to the window and meets eyes with Hyung Jun.

He smiles.

 

 

Not having any kind of sorrow or guilt whatsoever, Hyung Jun demands that Jung Woo kneel down before him. Maybe then, Hyung Jun will confess his crimes.

“I’m the only one who can save Soo Yeon,” states Hyung Jun boldly.

Jung Woo snarls back, “I’m going to catch you.”

 

 

Soo Yeon exits the house and walks over to Jung Woo. Hyung Jun opens his hand and tells her he’ll do what she wants.

Soo Yeon starts to walk over. She pauses next to Jung Woo, saying she has something to return.

She pulls something out of her pocket and puts the key necklace into Hyung Jun’s hand. His face changes to shock.

The key necklace drops to the ground, but Soo Yeon doesn’t let go of Hyung Jun’s hand.

 

 

“Jun…Why… How could you kill a person with the hands that saved me?”

Soo Yeon falls to her knees, continuing to ask why Hyung Jun killed someone after saving her. She doesn’t let go of his hand.

 

 

Hyung Jun pulls his hand away and starts yelling at Soo Yeon to leave.
He grabs the necklace on the ground.

While comforting Soo Yeon, Jung Woo says Hyung Jun had many chances to have Soo Yeon. “She gave you so many chances, but every time, you lost your chance because of your hatred towards my father.”

 

 

He reminds Hyung Jun that Soo Yeon is taking his crimes with her, and the reminder hits Hyung Jun hard.

“You better run. If I catch you, I’ll kill you.”

After issuing a last warning, Jung Woo takes Soo Yeon to the car, leaving Hyung Jun behind, alone in shock.