missing you episode 20

Missing You
THIS is the episode we’ve been waiting for.

All the secrets come pouring out and the missing pieces finally find its place.

The only downfall is that it only shoots more bullets into our characters’ hearts, but if they could take it for 19 episodes already, they can do it for two more.

 

 

After getting all the necessary evidence to arrest Hyung Jun, Jung Woo smiles in satisfaction.

Hyung Jun scoffs. “Han Jung Woo. Did you finally find evidence?”

The smile quickly fades from Jung Woo’s face as several black cars surround Jung Woo’s. Men in black suits, holding metal bars come out and stand behind Hyung Jun. Seriously? Thugs?

Jung Woo locks the door as Hyung Jun calls Jung Woo.

Jung Woo asks if Hyung Jun doesn’t have the guts to fight with him directly. Hyung Jun brushes it off. There’s no need, he says. “I’m here to take Joy.”

“I’m taking your warning,” says Hyung Jun. “You said there’s no heaven when you’re trapped alone.”

He turns to Soo Yeon, offering a new life together. Like 14 years ago, the situation is the same with his mother dead for real this time. “I can’t go anywhere if you don’t go.”

Soo Yeon shoots back that she’s never going to believe that lie again.

 

 

Jung Woo lectures Hyung Jun that if he wanted to change Soo Yeon’s mind, he should have taken responsibilities for his action, not call up a bunch of gangsters.

Without missing a beat, Hyung Jun reveals that the men were sent by CEO Han. “Whether or not his son gets hurt, he’ll do whatever for money.”

He pauses, asking if Jung Woo still pitied his father.

Hyung Jun recites what Jung Woo told Soo Yeon about his father not going on trips or long drives in nice cars because he was too infatuated with money (Hyung Jun seriously records everything).

When Hyung Jun says it’s time to arrest CEO Han, Jung Woo boldly states that if he committed a crime, he will be arrested. Hyung Jun address Soo Yeon as Joy, but she replies back, “I’m Soo Yeon!”

Anger flickers in Hyung Jun’s eyes. “Don’t make me angry.”

Jung Woo tells Hyung Jun to run away. “I will catch you.”

 

 

That pushes Hyung Jun and he orders the thugs to pull them out. The thugs start wrecking the car with their bats.

Jung Woo gives Hyung Jun a warning, and Hyung Jun doesn’t believe that Jung Woo can kill a person.

With angry tears pouring down, Jung Woo replies, “I don’t kill people. You’re just trash.”

He steps on the gas pedal as the thugs chase them down. Hyung Jun hops on his bicycle and watches the car escape.

The police arrive and fight against the thugs. Jung Woo leaves Soo Yeon with a police officer and runs to get Hyung Jun. But by the time he gets through, Hyung Jun is not there.

 

 

Hyung Jun peacefully rides his bike down the hill.
He tries to open the door and Soo Yeon freaks out at the sight of him.

The police officer starts rolling down the window to address Hyung Jun, but Soo Yeon screams no, trying to raise the window back up with her hands.

Soo Yeon cries for Hyung Jun to leave. “You’re trying to kill me.”
Hyung Jun’s face falls as Soo Yeon continues to beg for him to leave.

 

 

Before he can say anything to her, Jung Woo yells, and Hyung Jun quickly climbs back on his bike and flees with cop chasing after.

Jung Woo manages to get close enough to pull Hyung Jun’s bag off, but a black car arrives to rescue Hyung Jun. Jung Woo yells in frustration. So close. “I’ll see you again.”

 

 

The contents of the bag are emptied out – a tablet PC and a few USB sticks.

Additional evidence is found at Hyung Jun’s house under the bathtub, which makes sense since all of the murderers were water-related. Partner Joo explains that psychologically, all the events are connected back to Hyung Jun’s lack of a mother. His infatuation made his crimes based on water which can be related to the amniotic fluids of a mother.

Jung Woo says Hyung Jun’s current obsession is Soo Yeon.

Partner Joo adds that Hyung Jun might have borderline personality disorder, which actually explains a lot about Hyung Jun.

 

 

Bringing sweet potatoes for the detectives, Eun Joo comments that she heard Jung Woo knows who Detective Kim’s murderer is.

“Crazy Rabbit, make sure you catch him and bring him back alive. I’m going to get my revenge a little at a time.”

 

 

Lying down after a traumatic day, Soo Yeon enjoys having her mother’s company during hard times. She looks at her mom’s feet, asking if she also have many scars after running away from her father.

Soo Yeon’s mom replies that no matter what, she can’t erase the memories of running away. She still gets nightmares about it. Soo Yeon understands, because she has them too about her father and the whenever something unfair happens to her.

 

 

Soo Yeon’s mother starts to cry, and Soo Yeon comforts her.

“Even so, Jung Woo said thank you for staying alive. Thank you for allowing him to wait. Eun Joo said she’ll drink with me whenever I want.” replies Soo Yeon with a smile. “When I kept it all a secret, it felt like I committed a crime, but not anymore. That’s the best.”

The mother and daughter both cry, saying it’s not their faults.

 

 

Jung Woo heads towards Soo Yeon’s room, when he hears them talking about him.

Soo Yeons mother talks about how she doesn’t understand how Jung Woo’s parents can just forget a son like him.

“I lived a thoughtless life, but when you disappeared, I felt like I would die, but Jung Woo’s parents, I’ve never seen parents like that before.”

Jung Woo leans against the wall, letting out a sigh, because everything she said was true.

 

 

Much later, Jung Woo enters Soo Yeon’s room and uses her lap as a pillow. He whines that he doesn’t want to go see his dad.

Soo Yeon asks what Jung Woo did when he wanted to whine like this as a kid. Knowing her mom, she probably cursed a lot at him. “I lived off of those curses,” says Jung Woo.

What about his middle school graduation? Did anyone come?
Jung Woo shrugs, saying he’s used to being alone since he studied abroad alone since age 8.

 

 

Then all of the sudden, he slaps his forehead.

“You would have been touched if I said I survived because I thought about you!” He asks Soo Yeon to ask him again, but Soo Yeon replies that she likes it when she can comfort him about something. She sends him off to see his stepmother and father, and if he’s upset, he come straight back to her for comfort.

Jung Woo smiles, but admits that he’s scared to go see his father. “I promised myself I wouldn’t be scared of anything after running away and losing you, but now that I’m trying to reveal my father’s crimes, I’m a bit scared.”

Jung Woo hopes that his father could be on his side just once.

 

 

A door is being locked by nervous fingers, which turn out to belong to Hyung Jun. He fumbles into a small room – the same small room where he first met Soo Yeon.

He replays the image of Soo Yeon begging him to leave in his head and starts to choke with mixed emotions.

He calls CEO Han and demands that CEO Han bring Soo Yeon directly to him, or else no money.

Hanging up, CEO Han freezes up at the idea that he won’t get his money and then he notices divorce papers on his desk. He crumples it up angrily.

 

 

Fake Mom begins to spill all her honest feelings and apologizes for all the wrongdoings that she did. Tearfully, she adds that she and Ahreum only have Jung Woo trust. She’s scared of CEO Han and Hyung Jun.

Jung Woo asks how Fake Mom knows Hyung Jun, and Fake Mom gets quiet.

Jung Woo knows that CEO Han went to jail due to the secret funds that his grandfather hid, and Hyun Joo kidnapped Jung Woo because of the money, but why CEO Han made Hyung Jun’s leg like that still remains a mystery.

Getting scared by the minute, Fake Mom asks if she tells him everything, will she go to jail, but Jung Woo reassures her that she was being threatened so there won’t be any punishments. She promises to live the rest of her life self-reflecting on it.

“So now tell me…who are Kang Hyun Joo and Kang Hyung Jun?”

 

 

Jung Woo walks out of the hospital room with a grave look.
CEO Han is speaking with his lawyer, getting rid of all assets under Fake Mom and Ahreum’s name.

Just then, Jung Woo enters the room and CEO Han orders both Jung Woo and the lawyer to get out.

Jung Woo stands before his father. “To me, I have two fathers. Detective Kim told me how to live and you showed me how not to live.”

 

 

Jung Woo pauses for a slight moment and begins.

“If I was 12 and someone let the dogs into my room to kill me,
If I barely escaped after being bitten in the leg by those dogs and was never able to run again,
If my mother kidnapped someone because of money,
If my half-brother locked up my mother in an asylum,
And if that person is still living without feeling guilty about it…”

Having enough of that, CEO Han gets up and angrily yells at Jung Woo , but he continues.

He talks about CEO Han ignoring the fact that his son was kidnapped and his son’s girlfriend , all because of money. He adds that his father held hands with the pieces of trash that committed such a disgusting crime against a girl, ignored his son’s pleas, and made an innocent girl into a dead one.

 

 

“Even when his half-brother, who he made handicapped, became a serial killer, he ignored all the murders, only thinking about his future!”

CEO Han raises his hand and slaps Jung Woo across the face.

“Father!”

CEO Han slaps him again.

With tears filing in his eyes, Jung Woo asks if his father is a human being and if he’s the son of one. When CEO Han can’t believe the things Jung Woo is saying to his father, Jung Woo says, “I’m your son, but I am embarrassed of you.”

CEO Han stares in disbelief as tears continue to roll down Jung Woo’s cheeks.

 

 

Hyung Jun lies on the bare floor, shivering in pain. He hears a voice asking if he’s all right and when an adult is coming.

Hyung Jun opens his eyes and sees young Soo Yeon staring at him from the window.

He smiles as Soo Yeon asks if he ate, but someone pulls Soo Yeon away and Hyung Jun darts up.

 

 

He looks outside of the window, but the old memory fades away and no one is out there.

He calls out for Soo Yeon, and in reply, he hears Soo Yeon asking him in fear to leave, since he’s only going to kill her.

Backing up, Hyung Jun denies it. He opens the lock on the door to go find her.

He drives to Soo Yeon’s house, but once there, he sees the ‘I Miss You’ wall. He’s ready to get out of the car, but then sees flashes of red and blue and quickly drives away.

 

 

Jung Woo calls Soo Yeon, telling her that he feels like crying. “Because the wind is hurting my eyes.” Jung Woo says he wants to really see her today.

Remembering what Soo Yeon’s mom said about that statement, Soo Yeon tells Jung Woo to hurry up and come see her right this second. She orders that he bring chicken with him too.

Jung Woo hangs up the phone and stares back at the house. He tells his father that he doesn’t expect him to bring chicken. He just wants his father to remember that he has a family.

 

 

Soo Yeon waits outside, retracing the ‘I Miss You’ wall when she hears Jung Woo coming with chicken. She wraps a scarf around his neck, saying she missed him a lot. Then she pulls him away to the playground.

She plays on the see-saw like Jung Woo did that one time she spied on him. Soo Yeon moves along to the empty swings, pushing it like Jung Woo did. She flees to the top of the slide and starts singing Magic Castle.

 

 

Smiling, Jung Woo applauds.

Soo Yeon says if Jung Woo’s not ready, she’ll run around again. Then she carefully asks what his father said.

Feeling more frustrated after seeing his father, Jung Woo says Soo Yeon was right about CEO Han.

“And Harry….” Jung Woo pauses, laughing in disbelief. He asks Soo Yeon for a hug and Soo Yeon slides down to give him one.

“It’s my turn. Cry if you want to,” says Soo Yeon, but Jung Woo shakes his head.

 

 

“I’m not going to cry anymore.” He holds onto Soo Yeon’s hands and finally reveals that Hyung Jun is Jung Woo’s grandfather’s son. Jung Woo admits being upset that he never knew about his grandfather and things got messy because they tried so hard to cover it up.

Soo Yeon listens in shock as Jung Woo says the wind was really strong on his way over that he’s done crying.

He puts out his hands, promising that he will protect her from any wind that comes her way.

“Soo Yeon, I’ll make you smile tomorrow. We just have to live like that, making good memories.”

Soo Yeon quickly wipes her tears away as she also spreads her arms out for Jung Woo.

 

 

At the shop, Soo Yeon works as Partner Joo asks her subtly to introduce him to a model.

But they should probably catch Hyung Jun first.

Just then, Fake Mom comes into the store with Ahreum.
Soo Yeon greets her and they talk business, until Ahreum reminds her mom to apologize to Soo Yeon.

Still feeling guilty over framing Soo Yeon, Fake Mom indirectly apologizes, and then busies herself with work while watching for Soo Yeon’s reactions. Ahreum apologizes for her mom instead and Soo Yeon nods.

 

 

Soo Yeon opens up a jewelry box to reveal two rings. She tells herself that there’s nothing wrong if a girl does it first.

Jung Woo enters the room, saying there’s something important. He pulls out Soo Yeon’s yellow umbrella. He recalls how nervous he was making the green nametag and remembers feeling great in the rain after the umbrella broke.

“When you give away your one umbrella while it’s raining, it means that you’re giving your everything, right?”

 

 

Soo Yeon looks at him, a bit confused.

“When our children are born, I’m going to tell them that’s how you love.”

He stands stiff for a few seconds, until he finally kneels down before her.
“Lee Soo Yeon. A light dress. Crazy Rabbit’s girlfriend. Han Jung Woo’s first love.” Jung Woo pulls out a ring box from his pocket and opens it to reveal a simple silver ring. “Get married to me…on the day of the first snow next winter.”

 

 

Soo Yeon smiles, wishing that it happen soon. Jung Woo pulls out the ring and slides it onto Soo Yeon’s finger.

He leans into kiss her when Soo Yeon stops him.

She freezes up as Jung Woo watches in curiosity. Without saying another word, Soo Yeon shoves her ring box into his hands. Jung Woo opens it and looks up in surprise.

Soo Yeon gets down on her knees and hugs Jung Woo. She suggests they wear her ring on the day of the wedding. Jung Woo sighs in relief that he proposed first.

 

 

As the couple happily holds each other, Partner Joo comes in to witness the moment. Immediately, he clutches his stomach, feeling sick from jealousy. He glares at them.

The subject gets changed to possible places where Hyung Jun could be.

Jung Woo remembers that Hyung Jun wanted to go the place where it all started. Soo Yeon’s face changes. Jung Woo turns around to make eye contact, and they both know where Hyung Jun is.

Partner Joo sees the interaction and starts wailing that his stomach hurts again. Aw, poor Partner Joo.

Before Soo Yeon goes with Partner Joo to the station, Jung Woo hands her a GPS station, so that Jung Woo can keep track of where she goes. He plants a kiss on her cheek and sends her away.

 

 

As expected, Jung Woo ends up at Soo Yeon’s old neighborhood.

Soo Yeon sits in front of Assistant Yoon again, asking about Hyung Jun. Assistant Yoon feigns ignorance, but after being told that Hyung Jun is in a really bad situation, he finally admits that he knows Hyung Jun.

He tells Soo Yeon that although she abandoned Hyung Jun, he doesn’t plan to.

 

 

“Have you ever thought about the possibility that you’ve been abandoned by Hyung Jun?” shoots back Soo Yeon, freezing up Assistant Yoon’s face.

Soo Yeon continues, saying she doesn’t do something just because she’s told. Nor does she kill her parents because they hit her. “That’s the difference between a criminal like you and me.”

She reasons that Hyung Jun promised freedom with violence, but continued that violence with murder, only to abandon Assistant Yoon. Assistant Yoon screams that Hyung Jun will come to save him.

 

 

Meanwhile, Jung Woo lurks around the small house where he saved Hyung Jun. He opens the window and pushes the curtains away to see a picture, drawn on the wall.

Getting a pair of clippers, Jung Woo breaks the lock and cautiously enters the house.

There’s no one there. Jung Woo examines the drawing. Instead of the mother and child, now it’s of a girl and a boy holding hands.

Just then, Jung Woo hears Hyung Jun’s unique footsteps coming closer.
The footsteps suddenly stop and Hyung Jun locks Jung Woo in.

 

 

They stare face to face through the window, as Jung Woo reminds Hyung Jun that Jung Woo saved him out of the same room 14 years ago.

“I remember. That’s why I always said it.”

Hyung Jun repeatedly saying that he never hated Jung Woo flash quickly.

Hyung Jun states that he misses Joy and Jung Woo says he can take him there. After all, it’s better to get caught by Jung Woo than anyone else.

Hyung Jun notices something. “You’re not calling me little kid anymore.”
Jung Woo doesn’t reply.

 

 

Do you understand where it all went wrong?” asks Hyung Jun. “We were supposed to know each other very well, yet you didn’t even recognize me. That’s all because of Han Tae Jun.”

Jung Woo says they can all start over again and promises that he would never make the mistake of not recognizing Hyung Jun.

“Little Kid….Uncle…”

The title stiffens Hyung Jun’s expression.

When Jung Woo suggests they go together, Hyung Jun quickly closes the windows, demanding that he brings Joy and he’ll stop hating Jung Woo.

Jung Woo screams for Hyung Jun, who walks away.

 

 

Jung Woo slams into the door a couple of times and frees himself.
Jung Woo, along with Team Boss and another detective run through the alleyways to find Hyung Jun.

They stop momentarily to hear Hyung Jun’s footsteps.
The team splits up as Jung Woo opens hears to hear where Hyung Jun is headed.

 

 

Hyung Jun struggles to walk as fast as he can in the snow, looking back in fear several times.

Jung Woo eventually finds Hyung Jun and chases after him, just as three other detectives spot Hyung Jun as well.

They pull out their guns and Hyung Jun stops.

 

 

Jung Woo yells not to shoot, momentarily distracting the detectives.
Using that moment, Hyung Jun attempts to escape, and the detective shoots by reflex AND IT HITS HYUNG JUN’S GOOD LEG.

YOU′VE GOT TO BE KIDDING US.

 

 

Hyung Jun cries out in pain, but manages to pull himself into the car to drive away. The detectives chase him, but no cigar.

 

 

In an isolated area by the river, Hyung Jun sits in his car crying. He bursts into uncontrollable laughter as he stares sat his blood-stained hands. His crying switches back and forth from agony to laughter, as if he’s not sure how to feel and we don’t blame him, because we feel the same way.

 

 

A past event shows up before our eyes. Hyung Jun is snuggled up in a bed, watching Joy do her homework assignment. He urges her to take a sip of wine repeatedly and Soo Yeon finally gives in, commenting on its sweetness.

Having heard her screaming in the night, Hyung Jun asks who is bothering her in her dreams. Soo Yeon can’t remember and Hyung Jun offers to beat the culprit in her dream.

 

 

“I have six,” says Hyung Jun. “The villains of my dreams. They keep saying they’re going to tell my secret to you.”

Soo Yeon asks what the secret is, but Hyung Jun puts a finger to his mouth. He pulls Soo Yeon close, only to say it’s a secret. Soo Yeon hits him and they roll around, playfully fighting.

Hyung Jun’s cane left on the side reads, “Save us, God.”

 

 

Exhausted from crying and laughing, Hyung Jun sits dazed in his car, when someone knocks at the door. A package is handed to him and Hyung Jun returns with another, most likely money.

The deliveryman disappears as Hyung Jun rips open the package to reveal a gun, and things step up a level.

 

 

Partner Joo keeps Soo Yeon company at the shop, while checking to see if Hyung Jun stopped by any hospitals. Soo Yeon gets distracted and pricks herself. A thick bead of blood appears on her finger.

Just then, Soo Yeon receives a call from an unknown answer.

With Partner Joo by herself, Soo Yeon picks it up to find out that it’s not Hyung Jun, but CEO Han.

He’s right outside the shop.

He hangs up just as the other detectives on guard outside confirm that CEO Han is outside, alone.

Soo Yeon says she should call Jung Woo, as Partner Joo says if she goes, they might be able to catch them all.

 

 

Jung Woo’s at the station, opening a package delivered to him. No return address is written;

Its contents include two USBs, a couple of books labeled ‘Account Books.’

Before Jung Woo can look through it, he receives a call from Soo Yeon, who tells him about CEO Han. She reassures him that Partner Joo is here and she’s going to meet CEO Han.

Jung Woo stops her. The account books in his hand are from CEO Han’s bank. It means CEO Han is now useless. But Soo Yeon says if they don’t catch him now, it might take a long time.

“Jun will also want to be caught by you, so hurry. I’ll wait for you.”
Soo Yeon hangs up as Jung Woo springs out of the station.

 

 

Soo Yeon nervously addresses CEO Han parked outside. He tells her to get in the car. OMG, Soo Yeon, don’t do it.

But she does anyways and the other detectives follow CEO Han’s car.

Inside, CEO Han remarks that Soo Yeon is brave. It must be because she’s the daughter of a murderer. “You came out, knowing who you were going to meet.”

Soo Yeon replies that seeing CEO Han is now doing this, he probably won’t be seeing Jung Woo’s face anymore.

 

 

The relationship between family doesn’t die that easily according to CEO Han, but Soo Yeon says she cried when her father’s ashes were spread. “Not because I was sad, but because now I’m safe.”

She turns to CEO Han, asking if he wants Jung Woo to be just like her. CEO Han doesn’t drive.

 

 

He keeps watch at the police chasing behind him and smirks.
Meanwhile, Soo Yeon keeps the GPS save in her coat.

Soo Yeon pities Jung Woo, but mentions that Jung Woo pities his father. “Can’t you stop just once for Jung Woo?” CEO Han turns away from her.

The cars drive through a tunnel and CEO Han turns to the left, but before Partner Joo can get through, a truck comes out of nowhere and stops right in front of him.

 

 

Partner Joo jumps out of the car angrily and starts running.
CEO Han’s car is parked at the curb, but Soo Yeon is not there. A car leaves in the distance.

The detectives pull CEO Han out of the car and arrest him.

Jung Woo is also headed that way, following Soo Yeon’s GPS. The car is headed towards Soo Sung, the place very close to where everything happened 14 years ago – the kidnapping, the dumping of the body, and Detective Kim’s death.

 

 

The GPS eventually leads Jung Woo to a familiar place.

It takes him awhile to get out of his car, but when he does, he finds himself standing in front of the warehouse where he ran away in fear, leaving Soo Yeon behind.

Hearing Soo Yeon helplessly calling for his name, Jung Woo remains grim as he slowly steps closer and closer to the warehouse.

 

 

“It’s something I’ve dreamed over a thousand times. Coming back to this place to rescue you, Soo Yeon.”

He slides the warehouse door open.