missing you episode 16

Missing You

 

Harry continues to smile like a maniac as Jung Woo watches in anger. He calls out for Soo Yeon, but Harry continues to hold her tightly.

Finally, Joy pushes Harry away, but as soon as they’re separated, Harry says that he’s in pain and wants Joy to take her to his room.

Jung Woo tells him to stop whining like a baby and to shut up for a second.
Jung Woo turns to Joy, asking, almost stating that something happened to her.

 

 

Joy replays that Kidnapper’s recording in her head, but doesn’t say anything. Jung Woo finally lets out a sigh of relief that she’s safe. He wants her to leave with him.

Harry’s not about to let her go just yet and grabs her hand. She had something to say, right? Joy hesitates, when she sees Harry takes the plastic flower off the table.

He cries that he’s feeling dizzy.

Not wanting to put up more of Harry’s whining, Jung Woo offers to take him to his room, but Joy replies that she’ll do it and she does have something to say.

Jung Woo understands, but he decides that he’ll also be staying at the house tonight.

 

 

He received a weird call and Harry looks sick, so he’ll stay as a guard.

Harry retorts, saying they’ll just call the police.

Without missing a beat, Jung Woo replies that he is the police. But he has a ‘Right…. I got fired today’ moment, surprising Joy.

As Joy and Harry have their talk, Jung Woo paces around the living room, until he accidentally kicks Harry’s cane. He looks up towards the room.

 

 

Joy asks what the plastic flower is and Harry lies that their lawyer Craig must have dropped it.

He changes the topic to why Joy is asking about his leg and bringing Jung Woo in the story. He’s a pretty convincing actor, pretending that he knows nothing.

“Are you pretending not to know the person who did this to your leg?” asks Joy, making Harry let out a laugh.

“If I knew, would I have left him alone? He killed my mom and did this to my leg,” shouts Harry.

 

 

He grabs her hand and cries about how pathetic he felt when she left the house and Jung Woo went chasing after her.

“I thought of this… The person who made me like this, I’m going to find him and kill him. If I find them, I’m going to make the person like my mom…and if he has a child, I’m going to make him just like me.”

Joy calls out his name in slight fear.

“You think I can’t do it?”

 

 

Outside the room, Jung Woo replays the conversation between CEO Han and the doctor. He remembers that the doctor had been awfully suspicious, saying there was no one in room 302.

In fear, Joy says that Harry doesn’t seem like Harry. She tries to break away from Harry’s grip, but he holds on tighter.

Harry replies that she had once wanted to kill the person who did this to her as well.

“I didn’t change. You did.” He asks her to stay by his side until he finds that person and then he’ll let her go wherever she wants.

 

 

Joy finally comes out of Harry’s room and hides away before Jung Woo can see her.

She stares at the USB stick in her hand and debates whether or not she should give it to him.

Jung Woo finds Joy, startling her in the process. He asks to check the windows in her room. Then he mischievously adds that he’s probably not going to be allowed to sleep in her room anyways.

Joy walks away to get a glass of water as Jung Woo chases her like a puppy.

 

 

“Harry’s a jerk,” whispers Jung Woo. “He’s faking that he’s sick to hold you and lean on you. All it takes it just one fist…”

Then he turns to Joy, whispering that she should be punished too for not calling him when something happened. Joy fidgets to ignore him, as Jung Woo says he’ll let her go this once.

Joy asks why he’s whispering and Jung Woo replies that it’s part of his plan.

When Soo Yeon was young, she always spoke softly and Jung Woo ended up looking at her face to hear her. “I learned from you.”

A faint smile momentarily appears on Joy’s face, but then she remembers that Jung Woo quit the police force

Jung Woo stutters that he didn’t like the chief of police and just kicked the job to the curb. Joy watches over him like a scolding mother and Jung Woo looks away, pouting.

 

 

Changing the subject, Jung Woo announces that he’s going to move back into CEO Han’s house, but he won’t tell her the reason why until they are alone together.

Taking a step back, Joy asks what kind of person Jung Woo’s father is.

“He really likes money. Not like how your mother jokes about it, but he really likes money. But because he’s always trying to protect it, he’s unable to do anything else,” explains Jung Woo. He’s never gone on vacation or bought a nice car for himself. When his own son ran away from home, he was too busy protecting his money that he didn’t even find time to find his son.

“I think my father is very pitiful.”

Joy turns to look at Jung Woo. She tells him not to console her anymore.
“Your house is big, right? I bet it’s really windy.”

Jung Woo remembers sadly telling Soo Yeon that his house is so big and windy and that’s why he cries. Not because he’s sad, but because it hurts his eyes.

“Whenever you cry, come to me. I’ll make you feel better.”
Joy puts her hand over his and they exchange smiles.

 

 

In the morning, Joy enters the shop to see a strange man under her desk.
It’s Jung Woo’s cop friend from the station and he’s checking the place for any kind of danger.

Before she can ask why he’s there, Jung Woo calls. She leaves the room, asking why Jung Woo left in the middle of sleeping, and the cop friend’s ears perk up in surprise.

Jung Woo explains that the person who called must have been the criminal he lost.

He complains that he can’t even stop her from working. He decides that the only solution would be to come protect her every night. Sneaky sneaky.

Just then a white van pulls up and Jung Woo hangs up the phone.
Inside are Partner Joo and Team Boss, who prepared hidden cameras, bugging devices, tear gas guns, etc, etc.

Slightly embarrassed by the tear gas gun, Jung Woo says he’s going to catch the criminal with his bare fists.

Partner Joo replies, “It’s because if you die, I think I will too. Let’s not overdo it.”

 

 

The first matter of business is to find who Kang Hyun Joo is.

Jung Woo takes his box of things as Partner Joo offers Jung Woo his pistol for safety. The Team Boss stops him, especially since Jung Woo’s not an officer anymore.

Instead, he hands him a pair of handcuffs. “Catch the criminal and hurry back.”

Jung Woo pauses.

“Team Boss… I’m doing the right thing, right?” He wonders about the possibility of exposing his father’s wrongdoings and even handcuffing his own father.

The Team Boss apologizes for making Jung Woo go through this.

 

 

Jung Woo leaves the van, just as Partner Joo quickly follows him out.
“Didn’t you forget something?”

Partner Joo puckers up (OMG HAHAHA) and Jung Woo pushes him way or else his cover will be blown.

But then Partner Joo reveals something he found out about his so-called aunt.

Jung Woo’s real aunt is a professor that lives in Florida. They wonder who the ‘aunt’ living in CEO Han’s house is.

Just then, two guards comes out of CEO Han’s house and Jung Woo hurriedly walks over to the entrance.

They stop him, asking who Jung Woo is.

“The person who saved your lives!” states Jung Woo.

Touche.

And the guards sheepishly let him inside.
Well, that was quite easy.

 

 

“I’m home!” announces Jung Woo, interrupting the family meal.
CEO Han growls that he never permitted Jung Woo to return. Fake Mom starts scolding him that this house isn’t just somewhere he comes and goes.

She echoes Jung Woo’s words about not trusting his father again, and Jung Woo nonchalantly replies that trust is not important. What’s important is getting three meals a day.

He cheerfully takes a seat next to Ahreum, who hands him the silverware.

Now that he’s fired from the station, he plans on being a son.

CEO Han sneers that Jung Woo’s going to try to be his son.
“I am your son,” replies Jung Woo, stuffing his face with food.

Fake Mom annoyingly sticks herself in the conversation, reminding Jung Woo that he didn’t want to be this family’s son anymore. Faking a surprised face, Jung Woo adds that it was Fake Mom who said Jung Woo was the family’s only son.

Remembering that Jung Woo is keeping one of her big secrets, Fake Mom shuts up.

 

 

After the meal, Fake Mom follows CEO Han, bickering about how he brought the ‘aunt’ and Jung Woo into the house. She threatens to leave and CEO Han has no problem with it.

He blames Fake Mom for not taking better care of Jung Woo. Fake Mom starts to argue, when CEO Han shuts her up, announcing that Assistant Nam has died and it was Kang Hyung Jun who did it.

Fake Mom worries that she’s next, especially with that secret deal, but she quickly covers it up. CEO Han grumbles that Kang Hyung Jun is attacking without knowing what his mother did and it’s a good thing Jung Woo has returned home on his own.

 

 

Harry puts the plastic flowers into the showcase in his secret later.
He tells Harry #2 to go back to France, to the farm he grew up in since there’s no one to bother him anymore.

Harry #2 asks how they’re going to frame CEO Han for Harry’s mother’s death if she’s still alive. Harry remarks that he’ll see his mother for himself and then make CEO Han the same way.

Harry #2 promises to make it possible for Harry to go into the house. Harry #2 asks if Joy is permanently back. The CCTV screens show an empty house, and Harry says he’ll miss Harry #2 a lot.

 

 

Jung Woo starts his investigations around the house, as Partner Joo digs through the doctor’s office with a search warrant.

Jung Woo searches for any possible bugs or places to hide the cameras. Partner Joo asks the nurse for records of employees from 14 years ago.

Apparently, someone had already asked for that information.

Jung Woo sneaks into his dad’s office while complaining that his father rarely leaves the house anymore. Partner Joo suggests slipping some laxatives into his drink.

Jung Woo laughs, just as a safe appears before his eyes. He walks to it, but before he can even touch it, CEO Han enters the den.

 

 

Jung Woo smoothly plays it off, saying he left his resume on the desk. He exits the room and CEO Han looks at the resume that Jung Woo placed beforehand.

The next room he enters is Hyun Joo’s room.

Jung Woo watches her sleep and notices that she has another plastic flower in her hand.

He reaches for it but Hyun Joo pulls away. Hyun Joo gets frightened and starts repeating CEO Han’s name. Then she suddenly stops and peers at Jung Woo’s face.

“Han Tae Jun?”

Her mood suddenly changes and she cups the flower in her hand. “Baby.”
Jung Woo repeats it and Hyun Joo turns to glance at him.

 

 

She reaches for his hand and pulls him closer to her.
She gently puts the flower in his hand. “Baby,” says Hyun Joo in a sad voice.

Jung Woo asks if she misses her baby.

Hyun Joo stares into Jung Woo’s face with a smile, but suddenly, the door opens and Hyun Joo hides under the covers.

CEO Han enters the room, and Jung Woo quickly states that Ahreum thought he looked like Hyun Joo. “It’s my aunt, right?” CEO Han’s eyes flicker. He tells him to keep her on the down-low because she’s a family disgrace.

Changing the subject, Jung Woo suggests they go have a father-son bonding moment, but CEO Han yells at him to stay home.

As Jung Woo attempts to leave the room, CEO Han warns Jung Woo not to try anything funny, Whatever Jung Woo does, he’s still under CEO Han’s shadow.

Jung Woo asks his father not to rub it in. It’s already embarrassing enough for him.

 

 

Partner Joo stops by at home due to Soo Yeon’s mom, who wants him to take an electric blanket for Jung Woo, since he can’t stop coughing.

Partner Joo calls Jung Woo’s bluff and announces that Jung Woo went back home, surprising Soo Yeon’s mother.

Interrupting the conversation, Eun Joo pulls Partner Joo aside.

She asks how long Partner Joo knew that Joy was Soo Yeon. Partner Joo doesn’t know what she’s talking about. Eun Joo hits him, asking why Jung Woo was searching for Soo Yeon in secret.

Partner Joo tells Eun Joo not to hate Jung Woo so much, especially since he went back into his father’s house to find Detective Kim’s murderer. When he tells Eun Joo that Jung Woo might arrest his own father, Eun Joo is shocked, as well as Soo Yeon’s mother, who eavesdrops outside of the room.

 

 

Jung Woo gets settled in his room, putting a picture of his family portrait by his bed. He receives an angry call from Partner Joo, who wants to know why Jung Woo didn’t tell him about Joy being Soo Yeon.

Jung Woo changes the subject to the man who asked about the employees from 14 years ago. Partner Joo is easily distracted and spills that the man is some crazy old man who used to be a detective but is now a billiards shop owner. He goes by the name Chief Choi.

A light bulb flickers on in Jung Woo’s head.

Jung Woo heads out to find Chief Choi, when he sees Assistant Yoon waiting for CEO Han outside.

Hoping to become friends, Jung Woo pats Assistant Yoon’s shoulder and he flinches.

Jung Woo immediately becomes suspicious and asks what’s wrong. Assistant Yoon hurt himself while exercising.

 

 

Jung Woo asks where he went that other day. Assistant Yoon feigns ignorance and tells Jung Woo to go where he was going.

Jung Woo continues to toy with Assistant Yoon, disgusted by his taller height and more handsome face. He pats Assistant Yoon’s shoulder again, making him flinch once more.

CEO Han comes out of the house and glares at Jung Woo once before entering the car. Jung Woo bids his father off and tells Assistant Nam not to exercise until he’s all better.

As the car pulls out of the house, Jung Woo calls Team Boss to look into Assistant Yoon.

Now that his father’s out of the house, Jung Woo gets through searching the office.

Jung Woo finds the adoption files on Joy and Harry. Then he looks at the weird safe, trying to see if he can open it. He takes pictures of it and sends it to Partner Joo to figure out.

 

 

Returning to her studio room, Joy hesitantly hides the USB stick into a shoe. She sets down a paper bag, when a red ball of yarn rolls out and away from her.

She chases after it, when Jung Woo stops it.

He cups her face in his hands and asks where she went that her cheeks are so cold.

Joy smiles, replying that she went to buy yarn to knit. That way, she won’t think about useless things.

 

 

“Useless things?”

Jung Woo leans in and kisses Joy on the lips, much to Joy’s surprise.

“Ddukboki!”

He swoops in again.

“Soondae!”

Another smooch.

“Soda!”

The last kiss lasts a little longer than the others.

“I bought them all,” adds Jung Woo with a smile.

He pulls out Joy’s diary to return to her.

 

 

“Splash! One ripple in the water.”

Joy looks up in surprise.

“I like you. The raindrops told me that I like you.”

Embarrassed, Joy reaches for her diary, but Jung Woo snatches it out of the way, continuing to recite lines from her old entries.

She chases him around, until Jung Woo decides that’s enough and hugs her tightly.

“Because I had our diary, I was able to withstand it,” says Jung Woo. “Soo Yeon, you have to continue liking me like this.”

Joy slowly hugs him back, making Jung Woo burst into a smile.

 

 

Meanwhile, Harry speaks to Assistant Yoon on the phone, commenting that he’s so bored dealing with CEO Han since he’s so predictable. It turns out Harry was the one who set up an appointment for CEO Han and some Japanese investors.

CEO Han plans on investing a bit more money, just as Assistant Yoon coincidentally informs that Harry will extend the deal that they have together.

Without CEO Han in the house, Harry eases himself into CEO Han’s house.

“Joy…. I came to meet my mom.”

 

 

As Joy eats her snacks, Jung Woo narrates the situation where he lost the criminal twice. Joy asks why the criminal went to his house.

Now that they’re alone together, Jung Woo spills about all the murders who were involved in the case from 14 years ago.

He admits that the criminal must have something against his family and Joy worries for Jung Woo’s safety, although Jung Woo says it’s not a problem, because he’s the Crazy Rabbit.

Ah…and the aunt from before, not his real aunt. Just someone who resembles him.

He pulls out his cellphone and shows her Hyun Joo’s picture.

Immediately, Joy recognizes her as Harry’s mother and remembers Harry’s plans to get the children of the man who ruined his leg.

 

 

Joy starts to freak out and Jung Woo asks if she knows who Hyun Joo is.
Joy pretends that she doesn’t and then asks Jung Woo to stop what he’s doing because she doesn’t like it.

Jung Woo smiles, knowing that Joy is worried about her.

He asks if Joy wants to go see Chief Choi together, since he was friends with Detective Kim, but Joy declines, since it was somewhat her fault that Detective Kim died.

Feeling suspicious, Jung Woo asks if Joy is hiding something from her. Fake Mom saves her just in time with a phone call and Joy excuses herself.

 

 

Fake Mom thinks Harry came to visit because of Joy. When Joy asks to talk to Harry, Harry refuses. Harry doesn’t pick up Joy’s calls either, making Joy nervous.

Harry lends Fake Mom some money to expand her business. Harry says it’s all because he wants to make it easy for Joy and he knows that CEO Han is going through rough times too.

Big Mouth Fake Mom spills that Jung Woo also returned home after quitting his job as a police officer.

Harry replies that he’s disappointed that Jung Woo quit, since he’s a friend who always keeps him on his toes.

“He’s fun. Han Jung Woo.”

 

 

After the phone call with Fake Mom, Joy becomes busy, trying to send Jung Woo on his way. Jung Woo gets up to leave and tells her if she doesn’t answer his call after three rings, he’s going to send out a search team.

He puts his arm around her and tells her to share her worries, especially of Harry.

Jung Woo admits that sometimes he wants to punch Harry in the face, but at the same time, he can’t stop worrying about him.

Joy starts to feel sorry, but Jung Woo replies, “You said it’s okay, but I’m still really sorry.”

He bids her farewell (“Wait for me~”), when Joy rushes in for a hug.

She thinks her head, “Jung Woo, no matter what I do or where I go, please come find me.”

 

 

Jung Woo finally enters the billiards hall, but is surprised to find that no one is inside.

Jung Woo finds Chief Choi and tries to help him remember who he is.
He reminds Chief Choi of the time he came in after Detective Kim was fired, and then Chief Choi remembers being at Detective Kim’s funeral.

Chief Choi smacks Jung Woo on the head, telling him to leave, but he makes the mistake of addressing Jung Woo as Crazy Rabbit.

Jung Woo looks around the pool table. It’s covered with old newspapers about Soo Yeon’s murder case.

 

 

Chief Choi and Jung Woo bicker about this and that, and it’s revealed that Chief Choi has done a bit of his own investigating here and there, for the fun of it (or from what we think, to solve the mystery of Detective Kim’s death).

Chief Choi seems a lot wiser than Jung Woo’s team as he points out that he knew about the mental hospital since it was near the warehouse where Soo Yeon and Jung Woo were kidnapped, the cliff where Detective Kim died, and the bridge where the Druggie-napper lied about dumping Soo Yeon’s body.

Even the charcoal factory where Soo Yeon was hiding in was near there.
Unfortunately, the factory as well as the warehouse has been burned down.

Jung Woo admits that it was his father who burned the warehouse down. That’s probably why Chief Choi didn’t search for Jung Woo.

Jung Woo asks Chief Choi to tell him everything he knows about the case, even if it involves his father.

 

 

Back at the Han residence, Harry listens to Fake Mom scolding someone, who had come out of her room. Filled with tension, Harry reaches for his cane.

Fake Mom enters the den, apologizing to Harry about a relative who is ill.
Harry continues the loan process, asking Fake Mom to read over everything and sign the promissory note.

Harry takes this time to walk around the house.
He stops in front of a door.

Already nervous with tears fluttering in his eyes, Harry reaches for the door knob.

 

 

Arriving at CEO Han’s house, Joy continues to call, but Harry doesn’t answer.

She’s stopped by the guards in front of the house, but she pushes through.

Hyun Joo is making a plastic flower as Harry watches in shock behind her. He drops his cane, grabbing Hyun Joo’s attention.

Hyun Joo cautiously turns around as Harry starts to stumble towards her, almost close to crying.

“Are you mom?” asks Harry. “Mom…”

Hyun Joo weakly calls out for Han Tae Jun, when Harry reveals himself as Hyung Jun. “It’s Jun that you love the most in the world.”

Tears flow down Harry’s face, as Hyun Joo slowly curls up, whispering, “Baby.”

A flashback takes us to the last time when Hyung Jun and Hyun Joo saw each other in front of the mental hospital.

Harry reaches for his mom, crying her name, but Hyun Joo scoots back in fear.

“Call Han Tae Jun…” whimpers Hyun Joo, putting Harry in shock.

 

 

Just then, Joy bursts into the room. She meets eyes with Hyun Joo and Hyun Joo starts to scream for CEO Han as she shakes in fear.

Harry freezes up, witnessing the reality of his mother’s condition with his two eyes. Joy recovers from the momentary shock and pulls Harry into her embrace. She cups his ears and turns him away, but Harry forces himself to look back at his mother, still screaming for CEO Han.

Fake Mom comes in to calm Hyun Joo down as Harry starts to painfully bawl in silence. Fake Mom puts a blanket over Hyun Joo and tells Joy to leave.

Joy frantically tells Harry not to listen, when Fake Mom looks back at Harry strangely.

Holding onto Joy, Harry weeps without making a sound.

 

 

Jung Woo is still at Chief Choi’s, going through all the evidence that he found over the years. There are boxes and boxes of things Chief Choi found, but what Jung Woo’s been assigned to find is a small scrunched up can.

Saying it’s something police left behind, Chief Choi adds that there could be saliva on the can that could be run through DNA testing.

Frustrated that Chief Choi would carelessly throw such an important piece of evidence somewhere, Jung Woo struggles through the dusty boxes.

Traumatized from seeing his mother in that condition, Harry bolts for his car as Joy urges him to talk to her or at least not drive.

When Harry doesn’t even respond, Joy jumps into the passenger’s seat. He drives off.

It’s at that moment, when Jung Woo finds a scrunched up can in a bag labeled, “Kim Sung Ho” – Detective Kim’s name.

 

 

With the tears continuously trickling down his face, Harry drives.

Jung Woo looks at the plastic bag to find a photo inside.
It’s a picture of Nurse Hyemi and Jung Woo recognizes her because of her case.

According to Chief Choi, it was Nurse Hyemi who had Soo Yeon with her the entire time.

Staring at the picture, Jung Woo recognizes the boy in the photo.
It’s the boy he saved in the burning house with the bad leg.


Jung Woo notices that there is more than one photo. He peels the second photo off, to reveal a picture of Hyung Jun.

The scene cuts into Detective Kim’s car, where the brakes didn’t work because of the can Hyung Jun put there.

 

 

Suddenly, it clicks inside Jung Woo head. Hyung Jun is Harry.

Harry suddenly swerves to the side of the road before letting out an agonizing scream. Joy tries to console him, but Harry’s continues to scream in pain.

Joy calls out for Harry, but Harry screams that he’s Kang Hyung Jun.

Meanwhile, Jung Woo heads out of the Chief Choi’s, calling Partner Joo to send a police car.

Joy suggests that they go now, but Harry Hyung Jun’s not over it.

With so much hate and anger in his eyes, Hyung Jun yells that it’s all CEO Han’s doing. “What do you think I would do?”

Calmly, Joy replies that they go home and talk.

 

 

A bit surprised, Hyung Jun asks if Joy knew about CEO Han. Joy replies with a yes.

“The person who did this to you, did that to your mom, and faked my death, it’s all CEO Han,” confirms Joy.

Hyung Jun slips out Soo Yeon′s name as if to ask how she knew, but Soo Yeon (Might as well change names now) cuts him off. “Kang Hyung Jun. You knew too.”

Hyung Jun denies it, but Soo Yeon insists that he did.

Hyung Jun screams, asking how she can do this to her.
Soo Yeon yells back, asking what Hyung Jun plans on doing now with past events.

Hyung Jun shoots back at her. "Are you that afraid that I’m going to kill Han Jung Woo?”

That statement causes Soo Yeon to freeze.

 

 

Just then, Jung Woo, with his amazing GPS skills, somehow finds where Hyung Jun and Soo Yeon. He swerves his car right in front and runs towards Hyung Jun.

He opens the door, demanding what the two are doing right there.

Hyung Jun growls at Jung Woo to close the door.

“Your temper is just the same as it was 14 years ago,” replies Jung Woo, surprising both Hyung Jun and Soo Yeon.

Hyung Jun stares at Jung Woo.

Staring back, Jung Woo replies,“It’s been awhile, little kid.”