Missing You Episode 3

Missing You
After the lovely dinner, Detective Kim drops Jung Woo at his home and he is amazed by Jung Woo’s home. Jung Woo thanks Detective Kim for the ride, and seeing his good manners, Detective Kim asks Jung Woo to continue growing like he is right now.

“I think you’ll be able to fulfill all the dreams that I wasn’t able to.”
What are his dreams? To become a proper adult.

Detective Kim asks Jung Woo to continue
 
taking good care of Soo Yeon, and Jung Woo promises.

Just then, CEO Han pulls up to the house. Jung Woo excitedly introduces Detective Kim to his father, who blows off the greeting and goes inside the house. Awkward~

As he heads out to leave, Detective Kim notices a strange van with two men inside parked outside the house. Detective Kim walks closer to it, and suddenly, the van speeds away. Following his habits, Detective Kim writes down the license plate number in his notebook - 3824.
 
 
Jung Woo stands on the lawn, getting a lecture from CEO Han not to mingle with Detective Kim, because a) he’s a detective and b) CEO Han’s been in a lot of trouble with the law already.

Jung Woo honestly tells his dad that he wants to meet Detective Kim again, but CEO Han threatens to send Jung Woo away to America if he does.

The wind begins to blow.

Soo Yeon waits outside her house, sitting on the steps, when a phone rings. She pulls out a cordless phone from inside her sweater. It’s Jung Woo.

Jung Woo tells her that he’s crying, because of the wind.

Passing it off as a joke, Jung Woo talks about how he has a great time with her family. Soo Yeon notes that Eun Joo really likes him, and Jung Woo complains that all Eun Joo could talk about was kissing.....

Jung Woo pauses as he remembers that his first kiss was stolen by a sleeping Soo Yeon on the bus. Hehehehehe~
 
 
He changes the topic to the rainy weather the next day and Soo Yeon says that it’s snowing instead. They once again promise to see each other on either one of those days, since they’re the only friends they’ve got. Jung Woo says they should hang up the phone, since she’s probably cold outside.

In a moment of heart-pounding silence, Soo Yeon tells Jung Woo to have a good night.

That simple comment leaves Jung Woo on cloud nine, as Soo Yeon writes on the wall, ‘I miss you,’ which can also be translated as ‘I want to see you.’

The days pass, as we can see Soo Yeon falling more and more in love with Jung Woo, drawing lovey-dovey doodles on her notebooks. The same goes for Jung Woo, who is constantly waiting for rain, even while playing with his little sister.

It’s coming.
It’s not coming.
It’s coming.
It’s not coming.
Jung Woo is waiting for rain.
I’m waiting for the first snow.
I’ve never had anything to wait for.
I’ve only thought about running away.
But now, I like waiting.
And also...
I like Jung Woo.
I really like him.
Jung Woo, how about you?


Soo Yeon dreamily looks out the window, when all of the sudden, it starts to pour.
 
 
 
 
At the Han residence, Jung Woo, wearing a raincoat, rushes out of the house. Likewise, Soo Yeon is frantically looking for her umbrella, which Soo Yeon’s mom actually took with her.

When she sees her mom in the vicinity, Soo Yeon rushes out to greet her. Mom is in high spirits because it was pay day and Detective Kim handed her his salary. Soo Yeon’s mom goes on and on about how she has dreamt about this day for so long and is ready to prepare a feast.

It’s a happy moment for Mom, but Soo Yeon’s more frantic about meeting Jung Woo that she steals the umbrella and dashes off to see him.
 
Jung Woo’s skipping down the road when he notices that his and Soo Yeon’s lamp is flickering again, this time sending sparks everywhere. Uh oh. Bad things are brewing.

Jung Woo stops to examine it, when suddenly a man suddenly cups Jung Woo’s face with a chloroform-dipped handkerchief. As he tries to fight back, Soo Yeon arrives to witness the scene.

Realizing that her only friend is being kidnapped, she chases after the man, who pulls the unconscious Jung Woo into a van. The van starts to speed away with Soo Yeon still chasing behind. Jung Woo’s kidnapper curses, saying Soo Yeon saw his face.
 
 
The van stops, and a moment of fear washes over Soo Yeon, but she runs to the van anyways. She starts pounding on the windows, seeing her only friend lying on the floor of the van. She tries to open the door, and it opens, only to have her pulled inside.

Nurse Hye Mi gets confirmation that Jung Woo has been kidnapped, as Hyung Joon takes his medicine like a good boy. Nurse Hye Mi praises him, telling him she’ll take him to see his mom.
 
 
 
Hyun Joo watches from inside her room as Nurse Hye Mi’s car pulls up. Hyung Joon immediately sees his mom watching from the window and limps out, crying for his mother. Nurse Hye Mi drags Hyung Joon back to the car, as she exchanges a signal with Hyun Joo.

When the door suddenly opens, Hyun Joo quickly hides her tears. It’s CEO Han’s assistant. Hyun Joo tells him to call CEO Han.

Meanwhile, Detective Kim arrives in front of the broken street lamp, where Eun Joo has been standing for a long time so people wouldn’t interfere with the scene of the ′crime.′ Soo Yeon’s yellow umbrella lies sadly in the pouring rain and Eun Joo points out that Soo Yeon would never abandon her umbrella like this. She tells her father that something is up. This girl is smart.

Detective Kim gets a bad feeling in his gut, but he reassures his daughter that he’ll look into it. He tells Eun Joo not to say anything to Soo Yeon’s mom.

In a dark warehouse, Jung Woo wakes up and struggles to loosen the rope tying his hands together. He manages to check his cell phone, but no luck. No reception.
 

 

Hearing Soo Yeon , he calls out for Soo Yeon as loudly as he can without the kidnappers hearing him. Tears falling from their eyes, Jung Woo and Soo Yeon drag themselves closer to each other.

“Why are you here?”
“To save you.”

Before they can continue the ‘you jump, I jump’ moment, the kidnapper makes noise, sniffing up some drugs. The kids freeze up and stay silent. Jung Woo whispers, “Let’s go home,” and Soo Yeon nods.

They notice broken pieces of glass and Jung Woo grabs a piece and starts sawing through the rope.

 
 
Meanwhile, CEO Han appears in Hyun Joo’s room. She asks about his son, then throws a tiny toy bicycle ornament she made at CEO Han’s feet.

Hyun Joo repeats the same words CEO Han previously said to her, “Give it to him, if you still can. He’s probably still alive.”

As CEO Han frantically calls for Jung Woo’s whereabouts, Hyun Joo gets ready to leave. But plans go sour, when CEO Han refuses to play her game. He tells her to try and kill Jung Woo, and then has his minions drag her away.

CEO Han hops into his car and heads to find Jung Woo as Nurse Hye Mi receives a call from the kidnappers, saying a girl unexpectedly came along. Hyung Joon sees the light to Hyun Joo’s room turn off and he begins to yell to let him out of the car.
 
 
Seeing that the lights are turned off and imagining the worse case scenario, Nurse Hye Mi frantically drives away from the ward as she straightforwardly tells Hyung Joo that his mom is dead and he can only protect himself now. Nurse Hye Mi declares that she’s going to get CEO Han, no matter what it takes.

Back in the warehouse, Jung Woo gradually cuts through the rope, slicing his hand in the process. He’s so close, when one of the kidnappers comes towards them.

Quickly, Jung Woo and Soo Yeon interlock their hands together.
Jung Woo pleads with the drugged kidnapper, saying his father will do everything if he just lets them go.

Suddenly, the kidnapper pulls Soo Yeon away by her legs and Jung Woo loses Soo Yeon’s grip. She starts screaming as the kidnapper yells for her to stay still.
 
 
 
Jung Woo cries out for mercy, successfully distracting the kidnapper, who comes to kick him. The kidnapper duct tapes Jung Woo’s mouth shut and turns back to Soo Yeon when he’s hit in the head with a stick.

It’s Soo Yeon, who warns him to stay away.

With tears pouring down her face, Soo Yeon slowly says, “Do you know who I am? My dad.... My dad is a murderer. I’m a murderer’s daughter. I can kill you too.”

Jung Woo bawls silently at Soo Yeon’s declaration of something she’s never wanted to say or acknowledge.
 
 
 
But the kidnapper’s not scared, and he throws her to the ground.

Soo Yeon yells for him to let her go and starts screaming for Jung Woo.
Jung Woo lets out one muffled cry after another as Soo Yeon’s screaming gets louder and louder, until all sound fades out.

Oh. My. God.
Please tell us what we think is happening is not happening right now, and in front of him.

The scene fades in and out, showing Jung Woo’s face, streaking with tears, as he painstakingly turns away from where Soo Yeon and the kidnapper are.

After an unknown amount of time, Jung Woo continues to whimpers as the warehouse door opens and the second kidnapper enters. Just then, the rope snaps between Jung Woo’s wrists.

The kidnapper does not approve of what has happened and beats up his partner for doing drugs again and causing a bigger mess than it should have been.
 
 
 
With his hands now free, Jung Woo stumbles to get up.

With tears still pouring out of his eyes, he sees Soo Yeon, lying motionless on the ground, her eyes glazed over. Her sweater has been taken off and her face is swollen and bleeding from the beating.

She tries to say something, when Jung Woo notices the open door.
Looking back and forth from Soo Yeon to the door, Jung Woo chooses the exit and limps towards it.

WHAT. WHY. Is this what Jung Woo meant when he said he’ll leave when he gets really scared?

Watching Jung Woo running out of the warehouse, Soo Yeon gasps out, ‘Jung Woo,’ before losing consciousness.

He better have a good reason for this.
 
 
 
As soon as Jung Woo runs further and further away from Soo Yeon, it begins to snow. Guilty, he stops momentarily and cries. He looks back one more time, but before he can decide to go back for Soo Yeon, the kidnappers are chasing after him in the van.

He dashes as fast as his legs could take him, and he painfully climbs over a wall. He runs through the forest and a set of railroad tracks as a kidnapper chases him by foot.

Jung Woo hides under a train, as a kidnapper calls him out in a sing-song voice that he’s cheap for leaving his girlfriend behind. A tiny part of us has to agree with the kidnappers, but we’re giving him the benefit of the doubt. He’ll make up for it somehow.

As Soo Yeon comes to and stares at the exit, Jung Woo arrives at an abandoned town. He sees a payphone and quickly calls someone.
 
 
CEO Han picks up and Jung Woo cries that Soo Yeon’s in the warehouse. He spills as many details as he can about his location, but he repeats over and over again that Soo Yeon needs help. CEO Han calls up all of his boys.

Jung Woo’s second call is to the police, asking them to find Detective Kim. The police officer asks for the location of Jung Woo , but before he can tell the officer his whereabouts, he drops the phone in horror.

Jung Woo hides behind a banner as the kidnappers arrive on the scene. It’s only seconds before Jung Woo is found.

Meanwhile, Detective Kim begs to see Jung Woo at the Han residence, but the maid lies and says Jung Woo is sleeping. It’s then when he receives news of Jung Woo’s phone call.

The kidnappers kick Jung Woo around for awhile, before deciding to go take care of the girl. Jung Woo grabs onto their legs, begging them to let them live.
 
 
 
As the kidnapper/ leaves for Soo Yeon, CEO Han and his minions arrive on scene to rescue Jung Woo. Jung Woo begs his father to go help Soo Yeon and get the second kidnapper, but all CEO Han does is send his assistant to the warehouse and slap Jung Woo across the face.

Just then the kidnapper receives a call from Nurse Hye Mi. CEO Han orders him to talk to her as if nothing is wrong, but then Nurse Hye Mi hears Jung Woo screaming for his father.
 
 
 
As Nurse Hye Mi tries to talk to the kidnapper, out of nowhere, Soo Yeon jumps out in front of their car. The car stops in time, and Hyung Joon immediately recognizes the girl as Soo Yeon.

Soo Yeon cries out for them to please save her, but Nurse Hye Mi, realizing who Soo Yeon is, backs up the car, saying Soo Yeon knows the kidnappers’ faces. With Hyung Joon screaming, Nurse Hye Mi speeds up right at Soo Yeon.

Back in the warehouse, CEO Han’s assistant piles all the items that the kidnappers used and sets them on fire. The crew takes Soo Yeon’s blood stained sweater, while her orange clothespin lies under a metal container.
 
 
Detective Kim heads towards the area where the phonecall was made, when he notices a fire from across the distance. Distracted, he doesn’t see CEO Han and Jung Woo pass by in an entourage of cars.

Back at home, Soo Yeon’s mother curses Soo Yeon for staying out so late to cover up for her worries. Eun Joo tries to comfort her.
Looking through the burnt items in the warehouse, Detective Kim finds Soo Yeon’s clothespin and asks the regional detectives to start an investigation on a missing child, but the detectives are skeptical and blow off Detective Kim, telling him to go through the formal process.

Why are all the cops in this drama so dumb?

Even as the police leave, Detective Kim doesn’t stop looking around the area, doing what the police are supposed to do when there’s a random fire in the middle of nowhere. He notices footprints in the snow and starts following them.
 
 
 
 
Inside the dysfunctional household, CEO Han throws Jung Woo around, blaming him for getting kidnapped. Even Mommy Hwang asks why Jung Woo called the police. Uh…because that’s what normal people do when they get kidnapped….?

Jung Woo continues to beg his father to find Soo Yeon, saying it’s his fault that Soo Yeon got . His father shows no pity, saying Jung Woo ditched Soo Yeon, who had come to rescue him. CEO Han has a point there for once.

“If anything happens to her, you’re the one who killed her.” Whoa there.

Jung Woo falls in shock, realizing that what his father said could be true.

CEO Han leaves the room with Mommy Hwang chasing after him, but Jung Woo grabs his stepmother’s hand, begging for her to stay with him tonight. But Mommy Hwang refuses, blaming him for everything that has happened.

Still scouting the area, Detective Kim finally finds a big hint – Soo Yeon’s shoe. He imagines Soo Yeon stumbling through the bushes, leaving her shoe in the process.

He chases after her, until he gets to a road, where the footsteps lead to a small pool of dried up blood. Realizing the worst might have happened, Detective Kim begins to cry.
 
 
Detective Kim immediately heads to Jung Woo’s house, but the assistant kicks him out, telling Detective Kim to get a warrant first if he plans on entering the house.

At the police station, Detective Kim flips through all the vehicles that broke the speed limit in the area. His junior frustratingly scolds him, asking what he’s doing looking for a murderer’s child. Just then, Detective Kim notices that one of the cars has the same license plate number as the car in front of Jung Woo’s house.

He orders his junior to find out more information and also send Soo Yeon’s shoe in for testing. The junior complains that they’ll all get in trouble, but Detective Kim says they all owe Soo Yeon for falsely executing her father.

Just then, his superior arrives, demanding what Detective Kim was doing at CEO Han’s house. Detective Kim quickly sends his junior inside, as his superior continues to says that a reporter is looking into the Lee Tae Soo case and they could all be fired if Detective Kim tries to bring the issue into light. The superior takes away Detective Kim’s badge, threatening him not to look into the matter anymore.

The scene further demonstrates that idiots protect this town.
 
 
 
With her motherly instincts kicking in, Soo Yeon’s mother dashes out of the house to meet with the victims’ family, believing that they have something to do with Soo Yeon’s disappearance.

She and Eun Joo meet Detective Kim on the way out, and Soo Yeon’s mom begs him to tell the truth about the murder, that it wasn’t Soo Yeon’s dad.

The secret is out as Eun Joo questions in shock. “Murder? Who?”

Soo Yeon’s mother falls in despair, fearing that her poor daughter is dead.
 
 
Eun Joo flips through Soo Yeon’s notebooks, trying to find information as Detective Kim tries to explain what’s going on, but Eun Joo doesn’t want to hear it.

“How can a detective lie? Does Soo Yeon know her dad’s not a murderer?” asks Eun Joo, bawling her eyes out. She starts hitting her dad. “You’re supposed to be catching bad guys and not being a bad guy.”

Eun Joo cries, asking whom she’s supposed to trust if she can′t even rely on her own father.
 
 
Traumatized by the whole incident, Jung Woo has nightmares about Soo Yeon and the whole ordeal of leaving her behind.

He suddenly wakes up, startled, and starts running around the house, frantically screaming about where Soo Yeon is.
 
 
 
He runs into CEO Han and bawls why his dad didn’t keep his promise to find her.

Shocked, his parents try to calm him down, but Jung Woo has left all logic behind and continues to demand where Soo Yeon is as tears streak down his face.