missing you episode 19

Missing You

 

The police car sirens blare, creating a nervous atmosphere, but inside, there’s still a tinge of calm as Jung Woo and Soo Yeon tightly hold hands, giving each other reassuring smiles.

They finally arrive at the station, where the posse meets the corrupt chief, whose daily job to throw empty threats to Jung Woo. T

his time, Team Boss steps up and informs the chief that the prosecution office plans on investigating CEO Han’s lobby list. It strikes fear into the chief’s face as he calls Jung Woo crazy for pulling his own father into this mess.

Jung Woo brushes it off lightly, putting the blame on the chief’s reckless example, which caused him to become blind of his actual duties as a police officer.

 

 

The chief takes a stab at Soo Yeon, but Soo Yeon confidently states that even though she may be a murderer’s daughter, she’s not a murderer.

There, she is finally informed that her father was not a murderer. Partner Joo adds, “You can ask the chief for more details. He’s the one who knows it best.”

Having nothing to say about that, the chief shuts up.

“Take off your uniform, stay out, leave – I’ll give these presents to you,” says Jung Woo. “Good bye.”

The posse walks straight past the powerless chief, who realizes that his crimes will no longer stay hidden. Yeah, you′re screwed.

 

 

Jung Woo brings Soo Yeon into the interrogation room and worries about Soo Yeon. But Soo Yeon says she’ll be fine. It’s not her first time.

The Team Boss, as well as Assistant Yoon are brought into the room and Assistant Yoon’s eyes flare up seeing Jung Woo’s hand on Soo Yeon’s shoulder.

The questioning begins and Soo Yeon and Assistant Yoon have completely different answers as expected.

 

 

“He’s Harry #2, Harry #2,” says Partner Jung, based on Assistant Yoon’s behavior. Chief Choi adds that Hyung Jun and Assistant Yoon have a master and obedient servant relationship, and it’s to the point where Assistant Yoon believes that Jung Woo stole Soo Yeon away from him.

Soo Yeon stays confident throughout the conversation, even questioning Assistant Yoon himself.

Soo Yeon asks if Assistant Yoon is friends with Hyung Jun. He’s not.

“Of course not. Friends don’t ask friends to go kill someone,” says Soo Yeon. Assistant Yoon frowns. “Because Harry hated me, he framed me as a murderer. What did you possible do to be here instead of Harry?”

Assistant Yoon loses eye contact and denies having any kind of relationship with Hyung Jun.

Chief Choi asks about Hyung Jun’s situation. Without his mom, Soo Yeon, or his right hand man, of course things are not so great.

 

 

In his empty house, Hyung Jun bangs his cane loudly on the floor in anger.
He calls out for Joy, louder and louder, but no one comes to his side.

The elevator dings, but the doors don’t open.
Hyung Jun turns around and shushes someone.

Remembering that Soo Yeon promised not to go anywhere, Hyung Jun is suddenly filled with grief and he drops his cane. He keeps the elevator door open, hoping to see someone inside, but when no one is there, he loses his temper and begins to cry.

Chief Choi warns that if Hyung Jun continues to feel nervous of having no one around, another crime could happen. They must be careful.

They decide that they must find evidence that Soo Yeon is not the murderer.

 

 

Jung Woo enters Fake Mom’s hospital room and Fake Mom tells Jung Woo to leave, but Jung Woo reassures her that he’s not her rival for the family fortune.

He pulls up a chair and starts the ‘official’ questioning.

“Soo Yeon was framed for murder instead of Harry. Is that okay, or not okay?”

He straightforwardly asks who it was that made her lie – Harry or CEO Han. And he knows almost everything, so she shouldn’t lie.

Fake Mom only tells Jung Woo to go talk to his father. She regrets ever meeting his father.

As Jung Woo asks her to think about Ahreum’s safety, Fake Mom starts to cry, conflicted about the whole thing.

 

 

Jung Woo leaves the hospital room, unsuccessful, where he sees Ahreum.
Knowing it’s an issue with money, Ahreum asks about the details.

Reassuring her like all brothers should, Jung Woo tells her everything: Soo Yeon has been found, but Fake Mom lied that Soo Yeon poisoned her.

Ahreum is surprised and Jung Woo asks Ahreum to try to get the truth from Fake Mom. Ahreum agrees, because she trusts everything Jung Woo says.

Ahreum asks who Jung Woo is similar to, because she hates CEO Han. Jung Woo shushes her up, seeming like he’s about to lecture her on respecting her elders, but Jung Woo whispers, “Yeah, I don’t like him much either.”

 

 

Meanwhile in CEO Han’s den, the corrupted chief gets the boot as CEO Han no longer needs his services, especially now that Soo Yeon has been found. The corrupt chief replies that he’ll go down the sinking boat alone for a fee, but CEO Han puts his foot down and in the chief’s mouth.

Just then, Hyung Jun suddenly bursts into the den, blaming CEO Han for making him lose all his chances to hold onto Soo Yeon. CEO Han doesn’t understand why Hyung Jun’s so upset. He found out where Soo Yeon was hiding and now she’s at the station.

“Is Lee Soo Yeon not going the way you want it?”

CEO Han tells Hyung Jun to take Soo Yeon and flee out of the country. Hyung Jun states that he’s the one in charge and CEO Han will follow by his orders.

 

 

Jung Woo returns home and finds Soo Yeon’s mom and Hyun Joo eating dinner together. Hyun Joo continues trying to force the wrong key into the necklace.

Soo Yeon’s mom introduces Jung Woo to Hyun Joo, and she begins to freak out again, running away into her room. Soo Yeon’s mom briefly explains about Hyun Joo’s situation before asking about Soo Yeon.

Jung Woo hugs Soo Yeon’s mom tightly, telling her not to be shocked.

As expected, Soo Yeon’s mom freaks out to hear that her daughter’s been framed, but Jung Woo reassures her that it’s not true.

She’s just been caught in some business between CEO Han and Fake Mom from 14 years ago. He apologizes and asks Soo Yeon’s mom to understand.

 

 

Stepping quietly into the room, Jung Woo sits down with a terrified Hyun Joo. Jung Woo picks up the necklace piece and Hyun Joo stutters out, “It’s Jun’s. I did wrong…” and asks for the necklace back. Jung Woo hands it back, making Hyun Joo to turn her back against him.

“Your son is very sick and it’s because of you,” says Jung Woo, making Hyun Joo frown in confusion.

 

 

Jung Woo returns to the station, but at the parking lot, something feels strange. He turns around and sees Hyung Jun waiting in the parking lot. They lock eyes.

“Little kid, confess now before you regret it later,” whispers Jung Woo as Hyung Jun continues to glare.

The DNA results for the soda can is out and it’s officially revealed that Harry and Hyung Jun are the same person. But even so, it’s not enough to prove that he’s Detective Kim’s murderer. All they know is that Hyung Jun was at the scene of the crime. Jung Woo guesses that Hyung Jun intended the death.

Chief Choi adds that since he was young when the murder happened, there could be a chance that Hyung Jun repeated the same offense at another time. The posse decides to look into the couple that adopted Harry Borrison and ask the French police force for help as well.

 

 

Bearing food, Soo Yeon’s mom asks Jung Woo to let her take Soo Yeon home for the night. She promises that she’s not even afraid of Hyung Jun after living with her abusive husband for many years. She finally says that she never got to be the caring mother that she was supposed to be.

As Jung Woo is conflicted, Team Boss gives permission for Soo Yeon’s mom to take Soo Yeon home, since there’s no reason to keep her at the station. Soo Yeon’s mom thanks Team Boss and they have a cute moment where they keep thanking each other. Team Boss even lingers, telling Jung Woo to carry on with his work.

New love line in the works?

 

 

Soo Yeon is all smiles to see that her mom came to pick her up.
Soo Yeon’s mom puts on a weak grin, apologizing for being a bad mom and not taking care of her.

“I don’t resent you at all. I forgot about it for a while, but when I think about it, even though we moved a lot because of Dad, you always took me with you,” says Soo Yeon.

Soo Yeon’s mom replies that she also needed someone to lean on.

Soo Yeon asks why her mom didn’t tell her the truth about her dad. Soo Yeon’s mom replies that he’s already dead, so what difference would it have made?

Soo Yeon promises that after the case is over, she plans on marrying off her mom.

They get up go home, when Jung Woo enters the room, surprised that the water works isn’t as strong as he thought they would.

 

 

“Honey!” yelps Jung Woo, but this time, it’s Soo Yeon. He grabs her face and gives her a kiss, completely embarrassing Soo Yeon’s mother.

“Ddukboki!”
*smooch*
“Soondae!”
*smooch*
“Sprite!”
*smooch*

 

 

Soo Yeon scolds him for kissing her in front of her mom, and Jung Woo playfully looks at his ex-girlfriend, asking if she’s jealous.

He grabs Soo Yeon’s mom and leaves a wet one on her cheek.
Soo Yeon’s mom wipes the kiss away, but then asks why she only gets one.

“I have to save my lips~”

He pulls out all the snacks, which puts a smile on Soo Yeon’s face.

 

 

Happily smiling, Soo Yeon’s mom excuses herself. Outside, she wonders if she shouldn’t’ have come. Partner Joo comes skipping along and Soo Yeon’s mom stops him from going in.

Realizing Soo Yeon and Jung Woo are alone in the room, Partner Joo pulls Soo Yeon’s mom into the other side of the interrogation room to watch.

As Soo Yeon snacks, Jung Woo erases all of her bad memories with his magic wave of fingers.

Partner Joo laments the fact that he’s single as his alarm tells him to take his red ginseng drink. He annoyingly pulls it out, saying he has nowhere to use the extra energy, when suddenly, Jung Woo pipes up. “Kiss.”

 

 

Attention back to the lovey dovey couple.
Jung Woo questions Soo Yeon’s diary entry.

“First snow + kiss = first love. First love + Kiss = Han Jung Woo.”
Soo Yeon tries to steal the diary, but Jung Woo pulls away.

“Since when did you want to kiss so badly? If you don’t tell the truth, you can’t go home.” He begins to ask if she planned their whole meeting so she could kiss him.

Soo Yeon’s mom smugly smiles, watching her two children while Partner Joo bitterly drinks his red ginseng juice.

 

 

As the hospital, Ahreum tries to convince Fake Mom to trust Jung Woo, since he’s the only one they can trust. Fake Mom should also be afraid of the punishment she’ll get for blaming Soo Yeon, after all that has happened to her.

Then Ahreum reveals that CEO Han didn’t even bat an eye when he heard Fake Mom was in critical condition.

“Think carefully. The only one we can trust now, is Jung Woo.” Ahreum pleads to her mom to tell the truth, and Fake Mom has a moment of hesitation.

 

 

Meanwhile, Hyung Jun asks his lawyer to prepare finding a way to take Hyung Jun, Joy, and Hyun Joo out of the country. They’ll start a new life with new identities. His lawyer seems very hesitant about Harry’s plan, but Harry is adamant about it.

Returning home, Soo Yeon visits Hyun Joo, who says the necklace piece is Hyung Jun’s. Soo Yeon tells her that Hyung Jun doesn’t want the necklace but his mom.

Soo Yeon admits that she wants to resent Hyun Joo for making everything happen to her, Jung Woo and Hyung Jun, and asks Hyun Joo to hurry up and get better.

Soo Yeon begins to cry, and Hyun Joo puts the plastic flower into her hand. “Baby.”

She pushes Soo Yeon’s hand away, letting go of the flower and continues to try to fit the key into the necklace piece.

 

 

Soo Yeon drinsk alone in the kitchen, when Eun Joo enters, claiming the soju as her.

The two drink as Eun Joo doesn’t understand why Soo Yeon keeps on getting into sticky situations and manages to keep a smile on her face.

“Jung Woo promised to take care of it.”

Eun Joo scolds Soo Yeon for the cheesiness.

Three bottles later, Eun Joo and Soo Yeon pour out their problems and insecurities about Jung Woo, the kidnapping, and Detective Kim. By the end of it all, they promise to be there for each other like real sisters.

 

 

The next day, Soo Yeon takes the two mothers out for shoe shopping.
As the mothers try on their shoes, Soo Yeon hears Hyung Jun’s footsteps, but Hyung Jun is nowhere around.

Soo Yeon goes back to finding the right size shoes for Hyun Joo again, when she hears the footsteps. It’s the sound of a woman’s heels, but then Soo Yeon spots a foot sticking out from behind the wall outside. The man is carrying a cane.

 

 

Hyung Jun calls her stupid for forgetting what Hyun Joo did to her.

Even though she knows it’s Hyung Jun, Soo Yeon pretends not to notice him.
As he walks away, Soo Yeon tells Hyung Jun to stop being afraid and hiding, because he’ll only become more lonely.

 

 

Bad news arrives at the station: Hyung Jun denies all involvement in Detective Kim’s murder case and has placed the blame on Nurse Hyemi.

But the dark cloud is only momentary when the results from France arrive.
The Borrison couple who adopted Moon Hae Jun (the name Hyung Jun used to go to France) died in a car accident. A can was found under the brake pedal then too.

The DNA on the can and Hyung Jun’s is being tested out.

In his lonely mansion, Hyung Jun squats on the bathroom floor, sadly looking at a picture of Soo Yeon. He begins to tear up.

Another fact to consider: the Borrison couple was under investigation for child abuse of their son, Harry. Jung Woo decides to ask for a picture of the evidence.

If the picture is of Assistant Yoon, it means that Hyung Jun saved Assistant Yoon from the beating, which would explain Assistant Yoon’s obedience towards Hyung Jun.

The police will then have enough evidence to arrest Hyung Jun.

 

 

At home, Hyun Joo can’t sleep with the excitement of her new shoes. She hugs them tightly and looks over at Soo Yeon, who sleeps.

Hyun Joo leaves her plastic flower in Soo Yeon’s hand, when the wind starts to rattle the windows.

Hyun Joo becomes startled and suddenly, she hears little Hyung Jun screaming for his mom.

Thinking it’s Hyung Jun, Hyun Joo heads outside in the cold, wearing no shoes.

 

 

The flicker street lamp distracts her and she stares at it with a smile on her face. All of the sudden, images of little Hyung Jun and adult Hyung Jun cross her mind. She remembers Jung Woo and the kidnapping.

Falling to ground, Hyun Joo cries that she did wrong. She screams that she’s going to give the necklace back to Hyung Jun.

She stumbles through the streets, crying for Hyung Jun, while Hyung Jun painfully cries to himself in his mansion.

 

 

Hyung Jun suddenly wakes up to pick up the necklace pieces on the floor.
He’s as confused as we are, but then he looks up and sees little Hyung Jun, sitting on the staircase.

Little Hyung Jun hands his head down and Hyung Jun walks with no problem over to his childhood self.

 

 

Staring face to face, Hyung Jun shushes little Hyung Jun.

“You know, right? Han Tae Jun is here. You can’t come out anymore.”
Little Hyung Jun nods his head.

“He’ll leave soon, then I’ll let you go to the yard.”
Little Hyung Jun nods again and puts his finger to his lips.

 

 

Smiling, Hyung Jun cries, praising little Hyung Jun for being good.

The scene zooms out, and little Hyung Jun disappears, but Hyung Jun continues to smile into mid air.

 

 

Sitting in between trash bags, Hyun Joo shakes in the cold, still calling for Hyung Jun.

Stirring in her sleep, Soo Yeon wakes up in the middle of the night and realizes Hyun Joo is not in bed. Then she sees the plastic flower left behind and frantically wakes up her mother.

The entire family runs out in the cold, searching for Hyun Joo. Jung Woo’s also on the search, asking everyone he passes about Hyun Joo, but no one has seen her.

 

 

Soo Yeon and Jung Woo meet up in the middle and continue looking, unable to kick away the frightening feeling that someone bad has happened to Hyun Joo.

Just then, they hear a couple of garbage pick up men, telling someone to wake up.

They run over and find poor Hyun Joo, frozen between the garbage bags.

Her hands tightly hold onto the fake necklace and the pieces.

Jung Woo and Soo Yeon attempt to take her to the hospital, but Hyun Joo pulls back.

She opens her eyes and stares at Soo Yeon. “Jun… I want to see Jun. I want to see Hyung Jun.”

 

 

Soo Yeon and Jung Woo storm into Hyung Jun’s mansion as Hyung Jun sips on alcohol. They tell him to get up because his mother is in critical condition.

Hyung Jun scoffs. He has no mother and he doesn’t need their pity.
He laughs at Jung Woo’s family, saying Jung Woo is more pathetic.

“Han Jung Woo. You said you’re coming to get me, but aren’t you making me wait too long?”

Soo Yeon tells Hyung Jun once more that he may never see his mother again, but Hyung Jun gets angry that she has the nerve to pretend to be worried about him, while standing next to Jung Woo.

“I’m not going to fall for it,” says Hyung Jun.

Soo Yeon asks if he’s not going to regret not seeing her.

“The necklace in your hand, she kept it in her hand, saying that she was going to give it you. The mom that you say abandoned you only called out for you.”

Hyung Jun’s eyes start to glaze over and he tells them to leave.

Unable to withstand his childishness, Jung Woo forcibly pulls Hyung Jun up, saying that even though he doesn’t want to, Jung Woo can’t help but to feel pity over Hyung Jun, seeing how broken he’s become.

 

 

Hyung Jun frees himself from Jung Woo’s grip, screaming that he knows their plans. They only want him to go see his mom so that he’ll admit who he really is and confess. He swings his cane in the air and breaks all the glass on the table.

Jung Woo slowly turns around in complete disbelief that this is what Hyung Jun has become. Jung Woo points out that Hyung Jun is letting go of the last chance from Soo Yeon. “This is not what Soo Yeon wants.”

Jung Woo adds that he wants to beat Hyung Jun up to a pulp, but because Soo Yeon wants him to be warm towards Hyung Jun without giving him more pain, he won’t.

Hyung Jun’s face drops as Jung Woo tells him to come out with them.

All of the sudden, Hyung Jun starts to chuckle like a maniac, asking if Jung Woo was here to make his confession of love to Soo Yeon.

“Lee Soo Yeon, why are you doing this to me?”

Hyung Jun refuses to go to his mom if it’s to make Soo Yeon feel better.

“I wish, instead of Mom, you would die. I want to live in a world without you.” Hyung Jun looks around his empty mansion. “Here? This is my heaven. Don’t you dare come here without my permission again.”

 

 

Soo Yeon stares at Hyung Jun with hurt and disbelief mixed in her eyes.

It’s Jung Woo’s turn to scoff, saying that in prison, the biggest punishment is solitary confinement. “There’s no such thing as a heaven when you’re trapped alone.”

Hyung Jun frowns.

“This place, where you locked yourself in because of your sins…this is hell.”

The words slowly sink in and the three stand still in silence.

 

 

CEO Han gets news that Hyun Joo has died.

Overhearing the conversation, Fake Mom nervously takes out her phone and searches for someone on the contact list.

Now alone, Hyung Jun hangs up the phone and blasts on some classical music. He closes his eyes. A delivery box, some USBs, three book and some papers lie on the table as Hyung Jun still holds onto the necklace, dealing with his mother’s death.

 

 

A few days later, Soo Yeon and Jung woo say their farewells to Hyun Joo at the memorial hall

Jung Woo notes that even until her final breath, Hyun Joo left only pain to Hyung Jun.

“Even if he missed her, he wasn’t able to see her. He wasn’t even able to love or call out her name.”

As they decide to leave, they both hear Hyung Jun’s footsteps coming their way.

Jung Woo asks about the cane that Soo Yeon designed.
“It’s so that I can find him hearing the sound.”

The sound stops, and Jung Woo and Soo Yeon leave.

 

 

As they pass, Hyung Jun comes out behind the pillar to bid his mother good-bye.

He sees the fake necklace inside and opens up his hand to reveal the real one.

“Is this the heaven you were talking about? Now I have to carry this with me while running away, while I’m alive, until I die…with this leg… Thanks.’ The resentment in his voice grows, but tears fill his eyes.

 

 

Meanwhile, a picture is faxed to the police station. It’s a picture of Harry Borrison, a younger-looking Assistant Yoon.

Almost immediately, Jung Woo is sent the picture as Soo Yeon receives a call from Partner Joo.

France called. The DNA on the soda can in the Borrison accident matches up with Hyung Jun’s. Now Hyung Jun has no place to hide with both Korea and France now out to catch him.

Hyung Jun is given permission to arrest Hyung Jun on the spot.

Jung Woo takes out his handcuffs and starts heading back into the hall, when Soo Yeon calls out his name.

 

 

Hyung Jun rides his bicycle down the road and stops right in front of the car.

As the three stare at each other, Hyung Jun smiles.

 

 

Just then, Jung Woo receives a new text message, this time from Ahreum.
Fake Mom has confessed. It wasn’t Soo Yeon, but Hyung Jun who poisoned Fake Mom.

Jung Woo stares back at Hyung Jun with a slight smirk, wiping the smile off of Hyung Jun’s face.