missing you episode 17

Missing You

 

“It’s been awhile, little kid.”

Jung Woo asks if it was fun for Hyung Jun and Soo Yeon to toy with him.
Hyung Jun laughs that Jung Woo is only finding out now. “Why are you so slow? I thought you said you were fast.”

In a stern voice, Jung Woo growls, “I told you not to fool around, little kid.”

 

 

Soo Yeon gets out of the car to talk to Jung Woo as Hyung Jun watches from the car.

Soo Yeon apologizes, but Jung Woo doesn’t want her apology, since there must have been a reason. He glares back at Hyung Jun.

He tries to take her away to his car to hear that reason, but Soo Yeon pulls back, saying talking now will only lead to fighting. Yes, calm that anger down.

She promises to tell him everything.

The first question Jung Woo asks is the real name of Harry Borrison.
After getting the name, Jung Woo immediately calls Partner Joo to look up any information on Kang Hyung Jun and Moon Hae Jun, whose name was on Harry Borrison’s adoption papers.

 

 

Back in the car with Hyung Jun, Soo Yeon suggests bringing his mother home with them. Hyung Jun’s against the idea since she doesn’t even recognize her own son. Soo Yeon replies that Jung Woo will help and Hyung Jun is in utter disbelief that she would even suggest such a thing.

Soo Yeon reasons that Jung Woo returned home after 14 years to solve this case and to make his father pay the price of everything he’s done.

Hyung Jun angrily scoffs. What’s the price for making his mother that way? Or destroying Hyung Jun’s leg? “Just because you’ve forgiven Han Jung Woo, don’t expect me to. I will never forgive him.”

Soo Yeon argues that Hyung Jun shouldn’t punish Jung Woo especially since he’s innocent.

Hyung Jun strikes back, “Why is he innocent? He took you away from me.”

Quite unromantically, Hyung Jun starts to yell that Soo Yeon was everything to him in the world and it was Soo Yeon who said she only needed him. “’All I need is you.’ You’re the one who said it first.”

 

 

Soo Yeon’s eyes widen in shock.

He remembered everything from 14 years ago, despite saying that he didn’t.
Soo Yeon accuses him of knowing that her mom and Jung Woo were looking for him all along, but Hyung Jun says it was all to protect her from CEO Han.

“Then why did you take me to CEO Han? Was that also for me too?” asks Joy.
Hyung Jun has nothing to say to that.

“Everything that you’ve said to me was a lie.” Joy turns to leave but Hyung Jun grabs her wrist, asking if she wants to see him go crazy.

Joy shouts back that he’s already crazy.

Hyung Jun starts to plead, but Soo Yeon’s already pissed and she fights back, trying to loosen his grip.

Jung Woo sees Soo Yeon struggle and runs to the car, banging on the window for Soo Yeon to unlock the door.

 

 

Just then, Hyung Jun bursts, “I killed Kang Sang Deuk.”

Soo Yeon freezes, hearing that Hyung Jun was the one who killed the Druggie-napper.

Hyung Jun explains that it’s what she wanted. “If it’s what you want, I can do more.”

Hyung Jun doesn’t regret anything, and Soo Yeon starts to cry in denial.

Jung Woo’s still banging outside of the car.

Almost giving up, Hyung Jun tells Soo Yeon to go get him arrested.
“It doesn’t matter, since without you, I’ll die anyways.”

Hyung Jun opens the door and Jung Woo grabs his collars, but before Jung Woo can do anything, Soo Yeon repeats that she can’t believe anything Hyung Jun says anymore.

Tearfully, she turns to Jung Woo, saying she wants to go home.
She walks out of the car and collapses on the ground with Jung Woo, trying to comfort her.

 

 

Hyung Jun thinks back to 14 years ago, when he and Soo Yeon were in hiding. He asked for her not to go, and Soo Yeon replied back that all she needed was him.

Pushing his thoughts aside, Hyung Jun speeds off in his car, leaving Soo Yeon and Jung Woo behind.

At home, Soo Yeon’s mom stuffs herself with food, hoping that she will sleep well with a full stomach instead of worrying all night. Eun Joo tries to stop her, but Soo Yeon’s mom gets caught up in her emotions thinking about her three children.

Just then, Jung Woo enters with Soo Yeon.

Surprised, but in immediately Mommy Mode, Soo Yeon’s mom runs to her side, while Soo Yeon carefully addresses Eun Joo, who acts cold to her as expected.

 

 

Soo Yeon apologizes, saying she wanted to come back after finding Detective Kim’s murderer.

Everyone falls silent, until Eun Joo breaks the silence, asking how she expected to do something that the Crazy Rabbit couldn’t even do. The coldness slowly washes away.

“Either way, now that you’re back, my dad must be feeling more relieved.”

 

 

Jung Woo smiles at Eun Joo, who tells him to wipe that smile off his face. She scoffs and leaves the room, telling Soo Yeon’s mom to call her back when the feast is set up again. “You’ll have to cook the fish now. Even your boyfriend is back.”

We forgot how awesome Eun Joo was.

Before Eun Joo goes inside her room, Soo Yeon thanks her for taking her back.

Eun Joo doesn’t care for the thanks, but asks if Soo Yeon can drink.

Soo Yeon nods. “Soju. When I’m upset and I drink it, it becomes so sweet.”
Eun Joo approves and go inside.

Soo Yeon’s mom praises Soo Yeon for coming back, not even asking why. Her knees go week and She falls down in tears. It’s Soo Yeon’s turn to comfort her mom. The mother and daughter embrace each other in tears and Jung Woo joins the two.

Eun Joo also sheds a few tears behind her door.

She looks at a photo with both her mom and her dad. “Hey Detective Kim. Daddy…”

 

 

Before he returns to the Han residence, Jung Woo heads to Soo Yeon’s room to tuck her in. But before he can, his honey stops him to ask what he did today. “I really wanted to see you today.” She smiles.

Jung Woo grins back and gives Soo Yeon’s mom a hug. “I thought about my honey. You should be nervous. I have another woman and she’s younger and prettier.”

Jokingly, Soo Yeon’s mother hits him. She tells him to take better care of himself now.

Jung Woo asks if he’s getting abandoned now that Soo Yeon is back.

Soo Yeon’s mom smiles on the verge of tears. “I still like you the best.”
Jung Woo adorably replies that she’s being more straightforward now that a rival has shown up. “Great!”

 

 

He goes in for another hug with his mom as Soo Yeon comes out of the room to witness it. He freezes.

“I’ve been caught…” whispers Jung Woo as he looks back and forth from Soo Yeon and her mother. Then, as if he’s given up, he grabs both of them and brings them in for a hug.

“Did Han Jung Woo finally become a playboy? Is that what is it?” He starts to heartily chuckle, and the two women in his life hug him back.

 

 

Meanwhile, things are not as warm and cozy back at the empty mansion.
Hyung Jun uses his cane to smash the large portrait of him and Soo Yeon hung up in his den. l.

The glass shatters and the frame eventually falls, crashing to the ground.

With Harry #2 wincing at Hyung Jun’s pain, Hyung Jun pushes the button on the wall to the secret lair, where he continues his rampage. He even throws the portrait of his mother on the ground.

 

 

“This is all your fault. You ruined everything!” Hyung Jun screams, “Even when I said I killed Kang Sang Deuk, Joy left me. How can she do that?”

Harry #2 reassures Hyung Jun that he’ll bring her back, as Hyung Jun regrets doing such thing.

He tells Harry #2 to leave too, but Harry #2 replies that he will stay by Hyung Jun’s side, since if he leaves, Harry #2 will also be alone. Hyung Jun continues to yell at Harry #2 to leave as he falls to the ground with painful tears streaming down his face.

 

 

Tucked in bed, Soo Yeon asks when Harry’s watch will start running, since hers is slowly going again. Lying right beside her, Jung Woo realizes that she’s awake and decides that he has no choice but to help her sleep.

Soo Yeon asks if Jung Woo was surprised to learn that Harry was the little kid from before. Sheepishly, Jung Woo admits that he almost got jealous when Soo Yeon used to be more interested in little Hyung Jun than him back in the day.

Soo Yeon begins to explain that she thinks she was in a car accident and when she woke up, Hyung Jun was there. He always protected her against the mean lady, but other than that, she can’t remember much.

“We only had each other to lean on,” says Soo Yeon about her journey to France with Hyung Jun. “Harry always wanted to be an adult, and I spent my days worrying that he would leave me.”

Jung Woo apologizes that she went through a lot because of him, but Soo Yeon says it’s not Jung Woo’s fault. “It’s no one’s fault. And I know that now. We were just too young.”

 

 

Jung Woo promises that he’ll never leave her even if he dies.
Soo Yeon says he’s can’t die.

Jung Woo fixes his sentence. “I’ll never leave you again and I also won’t die alone.”

Soo Yeon believes that whatever she does and wherever she goes, Jung Woo will come find her. Jung Woo gets up in alert, worrying that Soo Yeon will disappear again.

Even though Soo Yeon’s just saying that she believes he’ll find her, Jung Woo can’t help but let the annoying feeling eat him inside. Soo Yeon changes the subject.

The two relive their childhood and adorably start reciting the multiplication table together.

Also in his bed, Hyung Jun tries not to cry but he’s unable to control his emotions as he sadly feels Joy’s empty spot on the bed.

 

 

In the middle of the night, Soo Yeon wakes up to write in her old diary as Jung Woo sleeps on.

She flips through the pages and sees that Jung Woo had matched up all of her fingerprints and she wonders how Jung Woo plans on quitting being a detective when he’s so good at it.

 

 

She looks over to the sleeping Jung Woo.

She studies his face carefully. “My head must be crazy. Han Jung Woo, the son of the murderer who killed Lee Soo Yeon.”

She slowly leans in and gives Jung Woo a kiss on the lips.

Waking up from his slumber, Jung Woo brings Soo Yeon back to his lips. He opens his eyes and finds himself stares straight into Soo Yeon’s eyes.

 

 

They both freeze, and suddenly, they lie flat on the floor like a pancake, nervous and not knowing what to do.

With his male hormones acting up, Jung Woo dares to look over at Soo Yeon, who continues to burn a hole on the ceiling.

Jung Woo slowly drags himself over, inching closer and closer to Soo Yeon. Jung Woo picks up his head and awkwardly tries to go for another kiss as Soo Yeon remains frozen.

 

 

When he realizes his hesitance (and the fact that his hormones are kicking him in the ), he finally braves up and climbs on top of her.

Oh my.

They stare, face to face as silence fills the room.

 

 

...that is until Jung Woo chickens out and rolls over to the other side, turning his back completely towards her.

“This…This spot is warmer,” mutters Jung Woo. He begins to mentally beat himself up for being stupid. He whispers to himself, “I’m so bad. I’m sorry, Lee Soo Yeon.”

Laughing at how adorable Jung Woo is, Soo Yeon lightly hits him on the back, saying she just can’t live.

Jung Woo bolts up. “If you can’t live, are you saying that I should just live and die like this? I can’t let that happen because that’s just unfair! You can’t die even if you do! With me, you have to….”

Jung Woo stops abruptly, looking at Soo Yeon’s puzzled face. Then unable to finish his (probably dirty) sentence, he falls flat to the ground again, covering his face and scolding himself in frustration.

Soo Yeon’s mom quietly opens the door to check what’s going on.

 

 

Soo Yeon pats Jung Woo’s back, thanking him, and Jung Woo flinches, telling her not to touch him. “Go away!” Jung Woo starts recite his multiplication table to get his mind off of things as Soo Yeon’s mom exits the room with a smile.

Outside, she calls him pathetic and then adds, “The world’s nicest guy. What’s so special about Soo Yeon?”

Still in his den, CEO Han ponders about all the clues he’s gotten: the plastic bicycle, the threatening letter, and Hyung Jun’s old picture.

At the same time, Fake Mom puzzles over Harry’s reaction from earlier towards Hyun Joo. She pieces everything together and finally realizes that Harry is Hyung Jun, which means Joy must be Soo Yeon.

 

 

Just then, CEO Han bursts into the room, asking if anything happened. Fake Mom lies that nothing happened. CEO Han explains that Harry has decided to give him an extension and things will be fine, but Fake Mom should take Ahreum and Hyun Joo away to Japan. That way Hyung Jun will show himself in order to find his mother.

Jung Woo comes into the house, just in time to eavesdrop on his father’s conversation. He hears CEO Han say he’ll just lock her up again after getting the money. Jung Woo silently repeats, ‘money’ in curiosity.

Hearing his father stepping out, Jung Woo quickly pretends that he just came home.

CEO Han scolds Jung Woo for being late, and he quickly runs away upstairs. As soon as CEO Han disappears into his den, Jung Woo returns to Hyun Joo’s room and takes her fingerprints as she sleeps.

 

 

After he’s done, he watches Hyun Joo sleep.

“If you have a family, I’ll find them for you,’” says Jung Woo.
Hyun Joo drops the straw flowers in her hand.

“Baby…You’ll be so happy if I find him.” Jung Woo places the flowers back into her hands.

In the mansion, Hyung Jun plays Magic Castle on the piano and he hears Soo Yeon humming to it and saying that it’s her favorite song. “Make sure to let me hear it when you can play with both hands.”

Hyung Jun continues the song, playing with both hands

 

 

Soo Yeon enters into Eun Joo’s room to find her asleep with Soo Yeon’s mom. She tucks Eun Joo in and then holds her mom’s hand, crying silently.

“I didn’t even give you your shoes back,” whispers Soo Yeon. “Mom… I’ll come back soon this time.”

The next day, Jung Woo passes over Hyun Joo’s fingerprints to Partner Joo, who asks if Jung Woo’s going to get married with Soo Yeon. Jung Woo avoids the question and asks about Hyung Jun’s identity.

 

 

Partner Joo doesn’t answer as his phone starts to ring an alarm. It’s not Magic Castle, but a monotone automated female voice that states, “It’s time to eat your red ginseng. Honey~ Eat your ginseng.”

Oh, Luxury Joo, you are amazing.

Jung Woo doesn’t even bat an eye at Partner Joo’s hilarious act, and Partner Joo is saddened because he has nowhere to use that strength like a certain someone.

The Team Boss joins them and Partner Joo explains that Harry Borrison’s real name is Moon Hae Jun and he was adopted by a French family and lived on a farm. Hyung Jun had stolen Moon Hae Jun’s real identity.

The Team Boss narrows it down to Hyung Jun somehow being involved with Jung Woo’s kidnapping case. He adds that Assistant Yoon is also a mystery as every one of his identification has been forged. They conclude that he’s either a criminal or on the run from a criminal.

 

 

Meanwhile, Soo Yeon watches Jung Woo and Co. in the café from outside. She takes a picture of them.“29-year old Han Jung Woo. He’s really handsome.,” says Soo Yeon. “Jung Woo, I’ll be right back…. I miss you already.”

Jung Woo says that the relationship between CEO Han and Kang Hyun Ju is the key in their case and decide that a professional locksmith must be used to open the safe in CEO Han’s office in order to find what that key is.

Just then, he receives a call saying that someone’s on the run. Jung Woo immediately hops on it.

On of Jung Woo’s colleagues chase after CEO Han’s car, as Assistant Yoon notices, but remains quiet.

 

 

Meanwhile, Ahreum brings Hyun Joo to Soo Yeon’s studio, when Hyun Joo sees Ahreum’s key-shaped necklace.

Ahreum thinks about how Fake Mom told her to take Hyun Joo away for awhile. It’s time for them to leave the house as well.

Just then, Hyun Joo yanks Ahreum’s necklace off her neck. “Jun…Jun…”
Ahreum tries to take it back, but Hyun Joo pulls away, saying she’s going to give it to her Hyung Jun.

 

 

Walking in her own accord, Soo Yeon enters the mansion to find that no one is home.

She slowly enters Hyung Jun’s office and notices that the photo on the wall has been smashed. Soo Yeon frowns, a bit disappointed, when she notices the button on the wall where the photo used to be.

Curious, she pushes it and the wall swings open.

Startled Soo Yeon peers inside the secret lair, slowly making her way inside. She finds more broken portraits as well as a board full of articles about her murder/ case pinned on it.

Pictures of Jung Woo’s family are also on the board, further frightening Soo Yeon.

 

 

She notices the toys and gadgets on the floor as well as the broken necklace from Hyun Joo. She picks up the two broken pieces and puts it together. She’s reminded of her own key necklace and calls out for Hyung Jun.

The sound of footsteps grab her attention and she turns around, just as the wall closes. Soo Yeon starts to yell for Hyung Jun, but no one answers

From the CCTV, Soo Yeon hears that Fake Mom has come to visit.
Fake Mom asks Hyung Jun if he’s alone. Hyung Jun replies, “I’m always alone.”

Fake Mom nonchalantly replies, “What about Soo Yeon? Or did she go meet Jung Woo.” The statement wipes the smile off of Hyung Jun’s face and he scoffs, as Fake Mom adds that he must be upset that Soo Yeon went to see Jung Woo.

Soo Yeon watches their interaction through the CCTV screen as Fake Mom continues to threaten Hyung Jun with a smile. She starts off with saying that she never know CEO Han was cruel enough to do something terrible like that to a kid’s leg, but Hyung Jun cuts her off, asking what she came for.

 

 

“I want to bring your mom to you,” says Fake Mom. She insists that she can’t let the separation between the mother and son to go any longer and reveals that she’s ending things with CEO Han.

Testing things out, Fake Mom asks if Hyung Jun really killed someone or if CEO Han was making things up to scare her. Hyung Jun gives an evil smile and asks how he could do such a thing with his bad leg.

Fake Mom bursts into a relieved smile, as Hyung Jun gives her even more good news: he’ll give her his money. She just needs to bring his mom.

Fake Mom says she’s not greedy and doesn’t want a lot. Hyung Jun smirks, knowing that if she suddenly has a large sum of money, CEO Han will get suspicious.

Things seem to be going well, until, “Ah… Lee Soo Yeon,” adds Fake Mom, “She doesn’t know that everything happened to her because of your mom, right?”

Hyung Jun’s face immediately turns grave, as Soo Yeon watches in confusion inside the secret lair.

 

 

After a few moments of silent anger, Hyung Jun whispers, “You shouldn’t have said that.”

Soo Yeon becomes alert as Hyung Jun offers wine to Fake Mom.
“It’s a wine that my aunt used to drink before going swimming,” says Hyung Jun. oh my God...

Everything starts to click and a cold chill goes through Soo Yeon’s body.
Fake Mom asks if his aunt is Nurse Hyemi.

They clink glasses and Fake Mom downs all the wine as Hyung Jun pretends to take a sip.

 

 

Then he slowly turns his glance straight to the CCTV.

Soo Yeon begins to shake, telling Hyung Jun to stop.

Fake Mom asks where Nurse Hye Mi is. Hyung Jun replies that Nurse Hye Mi kept trying to tell Soo Yeon about his mom, so he sent her away. “You’ll see her soon enough.”

He pours her another glass of wine, and Fake Mom unsuspectingly drinks it all.

Soo Yeon drops to the ground, since there’s nothing she could do for Fake Mom.

Back on the road, Assistant Yoon informs CEO Han that he’s going to go through a shortcut because they’re late for their meeting with Harry. Just as CEO Han tells him to be careful, Assistant Yoon makes a dangerous swerve, making the cop behind him lose the car, but luckily, Jung Woo continues the chase.

 

 

CEO Han arrives at his location to that Harry is nowhere in sight.
He lets out a warning growl that Harry better not have tricked them. Assistant Yoon says they should wait, because they need Harry’s signature on the extension contract.

It’s then when CEO Han notices something as Assistant Yoon calls someone, announcing their arrival.

On the wall is a drawn picture. It’s the same one of the mother and son holding hands with smiles on their faces. The wheels start turning in his head and CEO Han immediately becomes suspicious. Just then, Assistant Yoon hands him the phone. It’s Harry.

CEO Han takes a glance at Assistant Yoon and then back at the picture on the wall.

After thinking about it for awhile, CEO Han takes the phone, addressing the caller as Kang Hyung Jun.

 

 

“They say that revenge will come limping. It means that if you have sinned, you will receive that sin in the end, even if it’s slightly late,” solemnly states Hyung Jun. “I’m a bit late, right? Han Tae Jun.”

Assistant Yoon puts on leather gloves, as Jung Woo outside of the building does the same, waiting for the right time drop in.

Just then, Jung Woo sees Assistant Yoon picking up a stick and Jung Woo dashes inside.

Hyung Jun tells him not to turn around. “It’s too late for you.”
As soon as those words leave Hyung Jun’s lips, CEO Han is hit on the head with the stick and Jung Woo enters, screaming for his father.

 

 

With a short warning, Jung Woo charges at Assistant Yoon and gives him a beating. Strangely enough, Assistant Yoon doesn’t fight back. After a few moments, Jung Woo notices this as well. Assistant Yoon defiantly stares and suddenly it clicks. It’s a setup.

At the police station, Partner Joo greets Chief Choi. They’ve caught the mass murderer, but according to Jung Woo, it’s not Assistant Yoon. Partner Joo takes Chief Choi to the interrogation room, since Chief Choi has already summed up a criminal profile.

They join Jung Woo behind the window in the interrogation room as Assistant Yoon continues to remain silent.

Assistant Yoon asks where Jung Woo, because he’s next.

 

 

The Team Boss asks if Assistant Yoon killed all the people, and while looking at his watch, he admits that he did. The Team Boss asks why.

Assistant Nam looks up and stares right into Jung Woo’s eyes, as if he can see through the one-way window.

“Because Lee Soo Yeon ordered me to.”

Chief Choi asks where Soo Yeon is as Jung Woo calls Soo Yeon.

Assistant Yoon reveals that he has all the proof. The money she sent her to do the task and recorded files of her orders can be found in his office.

Soo Yeon doesn’t answer her phone and Jung Woo turns frantic.

Assistant Yoon continues that Soo Yeon asked him to kill everyone who ruined her life – the Druggie-napper, the Kidnapper, Assistant Nam, CEO Han.

Assistant Yoon looks straight at Jung Woo again. “And Han Jung Woo too.”

 

 

Jung Woo turns to find Soo Yeon, when he receives a call from her. Chief Choi urges Jung Woo to record it, just in case it can be used as evidence.

Jung Woo takes the call, puts it on speakerphone and begins recording.

“He should have just left when I ignored him. It’s the Lee Soo Yeon that I erased,” saysa recording of Soo Yeon. “I wanted to tell him that it’s too late. I want everyone who remembers what happened to die. I can do even more than that.”

The other line hangs up, leaving everyone in shock. Chief Choi asks if it’s Soo Yeon’s voice.

It’s soon revealed that Hyung Jun had taken the recordings of what Soo Yeon said a long time but rearranged it to his liking.

 

 

Jung Woo storms out of the station to find Soo Yeon because she’s in danger, but Partner Joo yells that Jung Woo’s the one in bigger danger. He’s next, remember?

Jung Woo shouts that it’s not Soo Yeon, but Partner Joo, only being able to trust what he heard, says all evidence points to Soo Yeon. He adds that if it’s false, then it’s their job to figure it out.

He tries to pull Jung Woo back inside, when Jung Woo pushes Partner Joo against the wall and takes out Partner Joo’s gun, just as the other detectives arrive on the scene.

About to lose his mind, Jung Woo warns them not to bother Soo Yeon any more. He pushes Partner Joo to the ground and runs off.

 

 

Shivering on the floor of the secret lair, Soo Yeon thinks about what she wrote in her diary the other night.

Jung Woo.
I have only received so much from Harry and didn’t give him anything in return.
I ate, I wore, and I even went to school.
I rested comfortably.
I’m unable to pay back for everything, but I want to give him but I want to return my debt of love to him.
I promise that it won’t take a long time.
Han Jung Woo, who asked to be friends with a murderer’s daughter.
I don’t care who your father is either.
Han Jung Woo, let’s be in love.
The next time we meet, let’s not separate but let’s love. Let’s love.


Just then, the wall swings open, but no one is there.

 

 

Soo Yeon cautiously walks out to the living room and sees Fake Mom on the ground, unconscious.

Shocked and frightened, Soo Yeon calls for Fake Mom, who doesn’t reply. She crawls to the body and tries shaking Fake Mom awake until she realizes that her hands are soaked in blood.

Soo Yeon shakily reaches for her phone to call for an ambulance, when suddenly, Magic Castle begins to play out of nowhere, scaring Soo Yeon out of her mind.

She realizes that the piano playing of Magic Castle is coming from the laptop on the table. She slowly opens it.

 

 

A video of Hyung Jun playing the piece on the piano starts to play
Hyung Jun looks up and peers right into the camera.

“Lee Soo Yeon…. From now on, you’re no longer a murderer’s daughter, but a murderer. You can’t escape it.” Hyung Jun lists all the people that died. “The police believe that you killed her, so even though it’s unfair, just endure it.”

Soo Yeon stares at her blood-stained hands as it slowly starts to sink in what Hyung Jun is doing to her.

“This is your punishment for never loving me once.”
The laptop shuts off.

 

 

Desperate to leave the cursed house, Soo Yeon fumbles with her cellphone in the elevator. She drops it, unable to control her shaky hands.

It’s then when Jung Woo calls.

She starts to cry, saying it’s not her. Jung Woo knows that it isn’t and asks where she is.

Soo Yeon asks what she needs to do because someone is dead.
Jung Woo freezes, frantically asking if she’s alone and where Harry is.

“Jung Woo…Harry really killed someone. It′s not possible. I thought he was lying.”
Jung Woo yells for Soo Yeon to get out of that house.

 

 

Just as Jung Woo reaches the mansion, Soo Yeon meets him out still trembling in fear and tears. Jung Woo runs up to her and gives her a tight hug, saying everything will be okay.

Police sirens ring in the background and Soo Yeon freezes at the sight of Partner Joo and all of Jung Woo’s colleagues running towards them.

Jung Woo pulls Soo Yeon behind him, as Partner Joo tries to address them in a calm manner.

 

 

After a few moments of hesitation, Jung Woo pulls out his gun. Within seconds, all the officers have their guns pointed to Jung Woo and Soo Yeon. Partner Joo asks what Jung Woo is doing in disbelief.

Jung Woo apologizes, begging Partner Joo to just let them go now.
Partner Joo says Jung Woo’s in danger, since Soo Yeon is a prime suspect.

“Do you really not know why I’m doing this?” shouts Jung Woo with tears streaming down his face. “If you’re going to take Soo Yeon, then give me real evidence saying that she’s a criminal.”

He throws his phone to Partner Joo, telling him that the Soo Yeon’s voice has been manipulated from the previous phone call. Partner repeats that he understands and urges Jung Woo to go to the station to figure it out.

 

 

But Jung Woo screams that it’s exactly what the real criminal wants – to see Soo Yeon at the station, treated as a criminal.

“Kang Hyung Jun…I can’t let her go believing that the trash that he’s said! Not any more!”

Partner Joo has nothing left to say.

Jung Woo grabs onto Soo Yeon’s hand.

“Lee Soo Yeon, don’t let go of my hand for sure this time.”

 

 

He starts to creep forward as Partner Joo cautiously backs away, not wanting to hurt his junior.

With the gun still aimed at Partner Joo, Jung Woo slowly makes his way over to the open gate. The other officers start to lower their guns as Jung Woo runs away from the scene with Soo Yeon still holding on his hand.