missing you episode 15

Missing You

 

Jung Woo stares back, shocked that Harry would hit his hand like that.

Jung Woo helps Joy up, but she only notices the bleeding cut on Jung Woo’s hand. She rushes to get medicine, not even questioning Harry for a second.

Harry gets up and struts to Jung Woo’s side, telling him to stop playing first love and leave his house immediately. He gets up to pick up Jung Woo’s phone, but Jung woo snatches it out before him.

Thinking Harry’s just pissed about Jung Woo’s closeness with Joy, Jung Woo starts to argue to Harry that he wasn’t even able to make Joy his first love, and now that he has found her, he plans on starting a new relationship.

 

 

Occasionally glancing at the phone in Jung Woo’s hand, Harry scoffs. Jung Woo’s too late and he better stay away from Joy before Harry gets mad.

But Jung Woo’s not about to give up that easily.

He grabs Harry’s collar. “I can even get closer to her,” growls Jung Woo, but it only makes Harry laugh.

At that moment, Harry hears Joy coming out of the room and purposely drops his cane on the ground. When Joy sees the situation, she immediately starts blaming Jung Woo for fighting. Harry smiles in triumph.

Jung Woo calls out for Soo Yeon as Harry asks Joy to tell Jung Woo to leave their house. She freezes and Harry asks once more.

 

 

Completely conflicted and confused, Joy screams out that she’s tired of being both Joy and Soo Yeon and she runs to the elevator.

Harry runs after her, screaming that he can’t chase after her with his bum leg, but the elevator door closes. Jung Woo mentions that he felt bad that no matter what, he would end up stealing Soo Yeon from her, but now he tells Harry not to wait, because Jung Woo’s not going to let Joy return.

As Jung Woo leaves after Joy, Harry begins to whimper and cry.

 

 

Jung Woo runs around, trying to find Joy, but it takes him awhile before he finds her mindlessly walking in the street.

Putting his jacket around her, Jung Woo claims he found her - Soo Yeon. Still angry, Joy throws his jacket off, saying she’s not going to be Soo Yeon or Joy.

When Joy rejects him a second time, Jung Woo asks why she can’t just return home. Is it because of him? Is she trying to get revenge on him?

Or because she loves Harry?

“Then you shouldn’t have wavered! I know you like me too.”

 

 

Joy screams out Han Jung Woo, making Jung Woo freeze. She starts to hit his chest, cursing his name and saying he knows nothing.

“When you weren’t there, I felt like dying,” cries Joy, still asking what she’s supposed to do now. Crying along with her, Jung Woo apologizes, hugging her tightly.

Harry sits in the living room, staring at the entrance, just waiting for Joy to return.

Joy has decided to live in Fake Mom’s shop, saying she can’t go home yet because she hasn’t apologized to Eun Joo yet. Jung Woo chases her in and gets himself comfortable on a bench, barely big enough for him to lie on.

He keeps giving her hints that he’s uncomfortable, but when Joy doesn’t say anything, he storms out, jokingly scolding that Joy has gotten ruder.

He leaves the studio, allowing Joy to have her much-needed space.

 

 

Joy sits on the bench and takes out of her phone to see a text message from Harry.

“If you leave me, you’ll be in danger. Come back.”

She lets out a sigh of anguish, as Harry waits for Joy’s response at home.

Still in Fake Mom’s shop, Jung Woo looks through his aunt’s pictures, wondering if he does look like her. Then he goes ahead and calls Soo Yeon’s mom.

“Honey, what are you doing?”

 

 

He starts to fake being sick and cold, trying to sleep inside his car, and Soo Yeon’s mom, worried for his health, tells him to come home out of habit.

Jung Woo smiles, but says he won’t come back without Soo Yeon.

Meanwhile, Eun Joo eavesdrop on their conversation outside of the room, perhaps finding out that Soo Yeon is still alive.

 

 

Time passes and Jung Woo tiptoes into the work studio to see Joy already fast asleep. He tucks her in as he notices a small red clothespin next to her bed. He pins back her hair and smiles.

“I’m sorry.” Jung Woo says, “Soo Yeon, even if I die, I promise I’ll never run away by myself again.” He holds onto her hand and softly pats her to sleep.

“29 year old Soo Yeon is just my style too.”

 

 

The next thing we know, Jung Woo is passed out and Joy puts a blanket over him. She remembers his cut from Harry’s cane and gently puts a band-aid over it.

Joy gets all her supplies ready and gets down to business. The red clothespin stays fastened on her hair.

Meanwhile, Harry is still waiting for Joy to return home as his laptop continues to ring with new messages.

 

 

In the morning, Ahreum looks over Joy’s sketches and chooses one as her favorite. She then peers to the bed and is surprised to see Jung Woo there.

Making sure no one’s around, Ahreum snuggles next to Jung Woo and lets out a happy sigh. Jung Woo starts to stir, as a smile is drawn on his face.

Thinking it’s Joy, Jung Woo calls out for Soo Yeon, again surprising Ahreum. Jung Woo holds Ahreum’s hand, warning her that he’s only going to count to three.

He calls out three and pulls Ahreum in front of him, but instead of Joy, he sees his little sister’s surprised face. It’s then when Jung Woo notices Joy watching with an awkward face and he quickly pushes Ahreum out of the way.

 

 

Then he makes it clear that Ahreum is his little sister. Angry, Ahreum asks why Jung Woo is there.

Jung Woo ignores her question and focuses on Joy’s sketches. When Ahreum doesn’t let the question die, Jung Woo pretends that he was there solving a case for Joy.

“If you keep lingering, the case can get bigger,” says Jung Woo.

He tries to make a quick escape when Ahreum catches him, demanding who Soo Yeon is. Jung Woo awkwardly laughs and says it was all a dream. He pulls Ahreum out of the studio.

 

 

Jung Woo drives Ahreum home, only to find three men in suits, guarding the house, including Assistant Yoon.

They don’t even let Jung Woo in, but Jung Woo pushes himself in. Assistant Yoon gives Jung Woo a strange glance.

For the first time in 14 years, Jung Woo steps into his house and strange feelings start to crawl in.

 

 

CEO Han is calling up all the people he had deals with under the table, when he hears Fake Mom scolding Jung Woo for coming. Jung Woo replies that he’s here to talk to CEO Han, and then he introduces himself to Hyun Joo.

Startled, Fake Mom starts to pull Hyun Joo away, but Hyun Joo offers her plastic flower to him, but when Jung Woo reaches out, she quickly snatches it away with a smile.

CEO Han comes out of his room, yelling at Jung Woo to leave, but Jung Woo asks if he’s been in contact with Assistant Nam.

Before his questions are answered, Fake Mom starts screaming and the men rush in to the room.

 

 

The same man dressed in black is at the window, trying to jump out, but Hyun Joo cries, “Baby!” trying to get the plastic flower out of the man’s hand.

The man pulls away from Hyun Joo’s grip and jumps out of the window as Jung Woo chases after.

Jung Woo gets beaten to the ground with a snow shovel, but Jung Woo doesn’t give up easily. He trips the man, making him drop the plastic flower on the ground. They fight and the man quickly picks up the flower and starts to run, when Jung Woo throws a rock at the man’s head.

He falls, dropping the flower again, but this time, Ahreum comes out of the house, looking for Jung Woo and the man takes the opportunity to keep her hostage (with no weapons, we might add).

 

 

Jung Woo pulls out his pistol and counts to three and the man spots where the plastic flower is.

At three, the man throws Ahreum on the ground, quickly picks up the flower and flees, while Jung Woo looks over his little sister. By the time Jung Woo gets to the front gate, all that’s left are the two guards, unconscious and on the ground.

That’s when Jung Woo notices that Assistant Yoon is missing.

 

 

The man in black sets the plastic flower on top of the living room table, proving that Hyun Joo is alive. Looking off into space, Harry announces that Joy had left him.

“Bring Joy to me,” orders Harry.

 

 

Joy is busily working at the shop, when she hears Harry’s footsteps. But it turns out to be a worker, using a stick to hang clothes on the racks.

Joy debates whether or not she should call Harry, when she receives a mysterious package. Before she can get to it, Eun Joo enters the shop.

Joy nervously sits with a cup of coffee in her hand, as Eun Joo starts to interrogate her with questions about how she knew about the 280 footsteps from the lamp to Soo Yeon’s house.

Joy pretends to have heard it somewhere and Eun Joo carelessly replies that the real Soo Yeon would have forgotten such detail too. She looks around the studio and notices that Joy had drawn swirls on her sketchbook.

 

 

The drawings quickly flash Eun Joo back to the ‘I Miss You’ wall, where Soo Yeon had drawn swirls on it as well.

Before Eun Joo can say anything, Joy offers her clothes to Eun Joo.

“Because Detective Han has been so kind…and you’re family.”

Eun Joo scoffs and straightforwardly says that Joy isn’t the real Soo Yeon. Joy says she’s not, and Eun Joo smiles. She’s glad.

“It’s cheating for her to live like this,” explains Eun Joo. “My dad died trying to look for her.” Joy avoids looking at Eun Joo, who continues to say if she found Soo Yeon living so well, she would start hating Soo Yeon.

Eun Joo leaves, somewhat indirectly warning Soo Yeon not to come into her life again. Joy starts to get up, calling for Eun Joo, but quickly stops herself.

 

 

Back at the Han residence, Jung Woo reports to CEO Han that the man got away and knows CEO Han won’t report the break in to the police. He pulls out his phone and shows his father the family portrait from the Kidnapper’s dead body.

Jung Woo claims that CEO Han knows how the Kidnapper died and why the criminal is bringing up something that happened 14 years ago now.

CEO Han glares at Jung Woo, who asks for the secret from 14 years ago, because their family might be in danger.

CEO Han scoffs at Jung Woo’s attempt to find the criminal and orders that Jung Woo get dragged out.

 

 

Jung Woo yells that CEO Han needs to tell the truth, since the criminal is willing to go through all lengths to get CEO Han. “The longer you drag it out, the more I become suspicious of you.”

Angered, CEO Han hits Jung Woo across the face, replaying the scene from 14 years ago in that same office.

CEO Han calls his son crazy, but Jung Woo continues to fight, demanding the truth. CEO Han’s men start dragging him out and Jung Woo threatens that he will get to the bottom of it.

 

 

After fiddling with the red clothespin, Joy gives Jung Woo a call, asking if she can look at Detective Kim’s accident reports. She wants to remember the accident and find the criminal. Only then can she go back home.

Excited to hear that, Jung Woo promises to get her the reports, along with some ddukbokki, soondae, and Sprite – all her favorite foods.

Joy freaks out that Jung Woo read her entire diary. Well, she was gone for 14 years. Jung Woo deserves to read the diary, no?

They end the phone call with smiles, but Jung Woo’s quickly fades as he looks back at his father’s house.

 

 

Suddenly, he gets a call from Partner Joo that Assistant Nam’s body has turned up.

Jung Woo quickly arrives at the scene to find out that the murderer had drowned Assistant Nam in the river and then put the body into his car.

Wheels start rolling in Jung Woo’s head. He remembers that the dam is where Druggie-napper lied about dumping Soo Yeon’s body. The criminal had left Assistant Nam’s body there on purpose for Jung Woo to see.

 

 

Jung Woo fesses up that he wasn’t able to catch the man in black again at his father’s house. The case needs to end before any more people die.

Linking water together with the other two murders, Jung Woo and Partner Joo search the body for hints.

Just then, Jung Woo sees something shine in Assistant Nam’s mouth. He pulls out a small USB stick wrapped in plastic.

 

 

Jung Woo and team open up the file. It’s a list of all the people that CEO Han had bribed. On the list also the chief of police and Jung Woo remembers how his father had the report about the Druggie-napper’s murder.

Team Boss tries to call Jung Woo out, but Jung Woo refuses. He spills that the criminal is after his father, surprising the other detectives on the case. Jung Woo’s pretty sure his father already erased all proof, but the target of the criminal is clear now: he’s after CEO Han.

The chief of police storms in, just in time to see his name on the bribery list.

The chief starts to pick a bone with Jung Woo for getting the cleaning lady to confess another truth. Jung Woo ignores all that and asks for more backup in this case.

But the corrupted chief decides to give the entire case to a different team.

Jung Woo chases the chief out, threatening the chief not to try to cover his tracks by closing down cases.

 

 

Jung Woo brings up the list and the fact that CEO Han had the murder report. He adds how the chief purposely overlooked Soo Yeon’s murder case as well.

The chief yells, threatening Jung Woo to stop talking without evidence, or he’ll have Jung Woo fired.

Jung Woo’s had it with the empty threats.

“I’ll leave the case, but you leave it too.”

The chief orders that Jung Woo be expelled, but Jung Woo only scoffs.

“Dogs bark. Cats meow. The chief of police barks.”

Jung Woo shoves his handcuffs, his pistol, and his badge to the chief and storms out.

 

 

As she waits for Jung Woo to come with her snacks, Joy remembers that she got a package earlier that day. She opens to find a small USB stick inside.

Before she can find out what it is, a large bang is heard in the store.
Joy gets up to find that one of the mannequins had mysteriously fallen on its own.

While she fixes the mannequin, the man in black comes into the Joy’s room and takes her cellphone.

 

 

Jung Woo packs up his desk, along with the yellow umbrella Soo Yeon’s mom brought to the station.

Partner Joo and Team Boss ask Jung Woo to reconsider his decision, but Jung Woo says he’ll be back after he catches all the bad guys. Jung Woo asks for this to be a secret from Soo Yeon’s mom and Eun Joo.

Just then, Jung Woo receives a call from Joy. He picks up, but instead of Joy’s voice, he hears a recording of a little boy asking about Kang Hyun Joo in room 302 and the doctor replying. Then it gets cut to the doctor conversing to CEO Han, who reminds the doctor about what he did 14 years ago.

The caller hangs up, and Jung Woo freezes up, realizing Joy is in trouble.

 

 

Joy returns to her room to play the file in the USB stick.

It’s a recording of the Kidnapper, who begs for mercy and confessing that they didn’t keep Lee Soo Yeon.

Joy freezes in shock as she hears that CEO Han had ordered the entire thing.

And to keep Jung Woo safe, CEO Han had tortured the kidnappers for 14 years to find Soo Yeon first before Jung Woo.

Joy replays the file again, trying to piece everything together. She suddenly remembers how Nurse Hyemi scolded her for calling Jung Woo, CEO Han’s son, and how Harry asked that Joy be saved.

Jung Woo continues to call Joy, but she cannot be reached.

Joy continues to dig up memories, when she suddenly remembers Harry telling her to be quiet, because someone came to the building.

 

 

Harry sits in the living room as he greets...Harry. What?

The man in black enters the room and it’s ASSISTANT YOON...also named Harry.

Assistant Yoon says that Joy will return to Harry soon.

Harry strolls outside and Assistant Yoon puts a blanket over Harry.

 

 

Harry then addresses Assistant Yoon as Harry, ordering that if Joy doesn’t return even after all this, then he can bring even her dead body to him.

“If I can’t have it, then no one else can.”

Assistant Yoon/Harry nods his head in obedience.

Jung Woo comes to the shop, only to find Joy’s cellphone on her bed, but no Joy around. He replays the recording in his head, getting more scared by the second.

 

 

Harry sits on the ground when the elevator dings open.

Joy enters and calls Harry by his Korean nickname, Jun.

She asks who made his leg like that.

Harry begins to cry and crawls to Joy, hugging her legs.

Joy crouches down to his level.

“Kang Hyung Jun, do you really not know?”

 

 

Harry hugs her tightly and continues to cry, claiming he knows nothing and that he’s scared. Joy tries to get free, but Harry holds onto her.

The elevator dings once more, and Jung Woo pops out, calling for Soo Yeon.

 

 

He sees Joy and Harry hugging. Joy tries to break free, but Harry doesn’t let her go.

Glaring at Jung Woo, Harry says, “Joy, I knew you would come back,” surprising both Jung Woo and Joy.

Tightly in Joy’s hand is the USB and still on the living room table is the plastic flower.

Holding onto Joy, Harry looks up at Jung Woo and slowly shoots him a smile.