♥ Joon: Present ♥

Lady Love
♥ Joon ♥
 
I stare at my drink blankly, not even bothering to take a sip of it. I just spin the straw slowly as I remember about what happened three days ago, the last time I saw Ai after having a date at an amusement park.
 
What? Date? What did I just think?! It's not even a date! It's just her, working as my love counselor.
 
"And you look the best when you're dancing, Joon."
 
Her words echo in my head again and, for an unknown reason, I feel my cheeks become hot. I don't know if it's because of her sincere compliment or her bright smile that keeps staying in my mind.
 
It's just like the first time I met Miyoung three years ago. I realized that I harbored special feeling for her that day but if it's the same, then does it mean that I...
 
"Joon?"
 
I flinch a little from my seat, looking at the girl who just called my name. She looks at me with confusion in eyes but she shrugs it away, "I'm sorry for making you wait. Here."
 
Ai puts a small white box on the table before taking a seat across from me. She puts down her bag next to her, pulling out her phone from inside.
 
She wears a white shirt and pink cardigan today while her hair is tied in a ponytail. Ai notices that I'm looking at her in silence, "Is there something on my face?"
 
"Ah, n-n-no! Nothing at all!" I shake my head quickly and land my focus on the cake box, opening it to change the topic. "Did you just make it? What is-"
 
My words stuck in throat when I see same pastry she gave to me the first time we met: apple strudel. Her words surprise me even more, "It seems like you really like it when you visited my cafe before so I think it would be good if you have it again today."
 
Hang on. Why does my heart beat rapidly? Why can't I even thank her properly for being nice? Why...
 
Why does I suddenly feel that I'm lucky to have a fiancee like her?
 
"Lee Joon, remember Miyoung!" I whisper to myself, snapping myself back to senses. What is wrong with me?!
 
Yesterday Ai asked me to accompany her to a bookstore because she is looking for a new book. She arranged the meeting point at the nearby coffee shop and, this time, I came earlier than her; thanks to her lesson number two.
 
The problem is I suddenly have the nervous attack whenever Ai talks to me. On top of all, there are moments when I start to compare her with Miyoung, one thing I'm sure I must not do.
 
When Ai said that I look amazing after showing a short dance, I realized that Miyoung never complimented me once, except when she stated that I'm very good-looking.
 
She didn't laugh when I told her that I took ballet course. Miyoung heard of it before and she scoffed of the idea, telling me it's a good thing that I had stopped taking the course because it's sounded ridiculous.
 
Though Miyoung is really pretty, there is something about Ai when she smiles; she definitely looks the best when she smiles.
 
Just like now.
 
Ai is looking through the bookshelves carefully, looking for a new recipe book. Meanwhile I just stand two metres away, admiring her smile when she finds the book.
 
She turns to look at me and, I don't know why, I drop my gaze, pretending to look at another book. Ai mutters, "I have been looking for this recipe book. They said it's not really good but I want to try it."
 
"Hmm...," it's all my reaction. My heartbeat is out of control so I can't look at her or maybe I will burst. "I see..."
 
There are seconds of silence and I feel the atmosphere changes slightly when Ai states, "Lesson number four. Look into her eyes when she is talking to you."
 
"It means you're listening to her. It means you pay attention to her," Ai sighs and gives me a disappointed look which makes me feel guilty. "Are you that bored, Joon?"
 
I was going to think of an excuse but it's not needed anymore.
 
"Ai?" a voice breaks the silence between me and Ai, gaining Ai's attention immediately.
 
I also turn to the source of voice, finding a slightly-blonde haired guy in black jacket is smiling at Ai. He is shorter than me and, I guess, he is also younger than me.
 
When I hear the sound of dropped book, I glance at Ai who just accidentally dropped the recipe book. Her eyes widen as if she just saw a ghost, "Byunghun?"
 
"It's been a while," the guy takes steps closer to her, keeping the smile. "You still haven't changed, still as beautiful as always."
 
What's with the sweet talk?
 
He looks at me and then returns his gaze back to Ai, "What is it, Ai? You don't seem... happy to see me again after one long year?"
 
To my surprise, Ai actually clench her fists and mutters a question vividly, "Why are you here?"
 
"To look for a book of course," the guy answers calmly.
 
"No," Ai looks at him with careful look. "Why are you in Seoul, Joe?"
 
"Ah, it's been a while since someone called me with that name. I actually miss it, especially if it's you who call me," he chuckles. He leans closer to Ai, "What if I say that I'm back... for you?"
 
Watching how close his face is with Ai's, I feel like my stomach is flipping upside down. I take a step closer to Ai, thinking about pulling her away but Ai acts and thinks faster than me.
 
"You haven't changed as well," Ai looks away and bends to pick the book. She finally steps away from her stand. "Still with the sweet words. Let's go, Joon."
 
She walks pass me and doesn't look back at all. She pays for the book and tells me that she needs to buy some ingredients to make new cake tonight.
 
"Err... Ai?" I gather up courage to ask her when we have finished with the ingredients. We're on our way back to her cafe and I have been trying to shove questions about the guy but it's futile. "I... Err..."
 
Ai is definitely smart and sensitive. Or maybe it's just me who is too easy to read because she answers my unspoken question, "His name is Lee Byunghun. We took the same course at Le Cordon Bleu. He used to be called as 'Joe' for short."
 
She answers three out of four questions in my mind: Who is he? How did you two know each other? Why did she call him 'Joe'?
 
But she doesn't answer the biggest question I want to ask: Who is he for you?
 
Though I just met her last week, I think Ai is a calm person. Her reaction when she saw Byunghyun and her cold respond towards him are just too strange.
 
Could it be he was...
 
"Ah, anyway, can you ask Hwang Miyoung to meet you on Thursday?" Ai suddenly pops a question. "Don't ask her to come to my cafe though. We'll talk about the details later. Come on."
 
Wait. Thursday? It means the day after tomorrow. Miyoung? Meet me? What-
 
"Eh?!"
 
 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Anyone has idea who this Lee Byunghun is? The one with nickname 'Joe'?
 
You got it right! It's inspired by L.Joe from Teen Top!
The lead rapper of the group and the leader of Dynamic Black who performed on SBS Gayo Daejun 2012!
 
 
He is actually two years younger than me; he was born on 23 November 1993. Ah I'm actually a Noona for him. kkk~
 
What kind of role will he have here?
Please anticipate the next chapter! ;)