♥ Min ♥

Lady Love
♥ Min ♥
 
"I'm sorry," I replied calmly, not even moving an inch from my stand, "but I can't return your feeling, Sunhwa."
 
Her expression changed from the nervous girl into a broken hearted one. She opened to say something but closed it again immediately as a tear escaped her eyes.
 
Now I did look like a jerk, didn't I? I didn't really remember how many girls had cried in front of me now.
 
"I-I-I'm sorry...," she stammered and dropped her gaze reluctantly. "I just thought... I thought you... I'm so sorry, Minhyuk. I... Excuse me."
 
She turned around and walked away with tears streaming down her face. I heaved a sigh and decided to return inside the florist shop which happened to be my house as well.
 
Han Sunhwa, one of the regulars who came to this florist shop which was owned by my older brother, just confessed her feelings to me. I bet she would not come here again, just like what the other girls did.
 
Around ten minutes after Sunhwa left, a jingle notified me of a new customer. I shifted my gaze from the pink rose to a girl with medium length black hair.
 
My brother greeted her and she bowed slightly to him, telling him that she was not looking for flowers but me.
 
"Can I help you?" I asked her politely, trying to remember if we ever met before but I was pretty sure I didn't know her.
 
The girl asked if we could talk outside and I agreed to talk with her at the garden my family took care of, which was located behind the florist shop.
 
She didn't bother to introduce herself first. She immediately spoke out what's in her mind without hesitation, "Why do you keep rejecting them without giving any reason?"
 
I blinked in confusion. Was she talking about Sunhwa? Was she a friend of her? But she just said 'them' instead of 'her'.
 
"In the last three months, seven girls asked my help and you rejected them one by one. Couldn't you see how Sunhwa worked really hard? She really, really, really likes you!" the unknown girl stated. "If you're not interested with them, why did you pretend to be all sweet and nice to them?"
 
I didn't say a word until she stopped and waited for my respond. I cleared my throat and retorted, "Is it wrong if I treat someone nicely? Should I just ignore them when I know they have feelings for me? Can't I just treat them as friends?"
 
Truth to be told, I didn't ask for the girls to confess to me. My brother told me I'm not at fault because it's not right for girls to confess first but it's not my problem. I just didn't really like seeing the girls cried because it made me felt like I made them cried.
 
Okay, maybe I did but, like I said, I didn't ask for them to like me.
 
"Out of seven girls, don't you... Don't you feel something for at least one of them?" she managed to ask me another question. "They deserve to be loved by person they really love, you know."
 
I had no idea who she was but I was not going to look all good in front of her so I told her honestly, "Then don't I have the right to choose who I will love too?"
 
Silence crept between us for seconds before the girl sighed heavily and looked away, "I'm sorry for taking your time."
 
She left and I felt the urge to follow her so I did it. I kept my distance carefully and I finally saw Sunhwa, sitting on the bench at nearby park, crying emotionally.
 
"Sunhwa?" the girl approached her and Sunhwa looked up at her. She sat next to her and hugged the broken hearted girl, "It's alright. You've done your best and that's what matters the most."
 
I just stood there, watching the girl tried to cheer Sunhwa and, when Sunhwa had stopped crying, they parted their ways after Sunhwa thanked her for all her efforts.
 
Wondering how she knew there were seven girls who confessed to me, I finally confronted her and asked, "May I know your name?"
 
She looked at me as if I just did something crazy but since I still kept the smile, waiting for her answer, I finally got her name.
 
Ai. Kim Ai.
 
 
♥ ♥ ♥
 
 
Three months have passed since my first meeting with Ai, the girl with an unique name but a beautiful heart. I eventually found out that she is the person behind those seven girls who confessed to me.
 
She works as the owner of a little cafe called "Heart Garden". Ever since I knew her, sometimes I went there just to drop a bouquet of flowers for no reason.
 
There she will meet people who ask for her help. They prefer to call her 'Lady Love' instead of her simple name which I find quite strange but I never say it.
 
Lady Love. The person who will be willing to help you with your love life. Actually I think she doesn't really help with action or else; she encourages them to do what they actually can do.
 
And I must admit that she is really good in encouraging. Though she said I am the only person whom she can't understand and I just smile whenever she says it.
 
Today is just another day where I visit her after she closed her cafe at four. This time I come with a new request, attached within the flower bouquet. As I predicted, Ai agrees to meet up with the person right away.
 
My eyes scan the whole park and finally find the person in the white shirt, the one who asked my help to give the letter to Lady Love, "There he is. It's him, Lee Joon."
 
I give Ai the sign to follow me so we can get closer and listen the conversation between Joon and the girl.
 
"What?" the girl scoffs with disbelief. "Did you just ask me to be your girlfriend?"
 
Joon stammers nervously, not even have the courage to look at her, "Y-Y-Yes... I-I... We have known each other for t-t-three years so-"
 
He doesn't manage to finish his words because the girl retorts coldly, drinking a glass of tea as if it's not an important conversation, "You can't be serious, right? I mean, yes, you're just an eye candy. What else do you have, Joon?"
 
Wow, this girl is quite cruel, isn't she?
 
"You have no right to say that to him," a familiar voice stands up for Joon. Ai has left my side and now stands between Joon and the girl. "He is being honest and he doesn't deserve those words from you."
 
The girl looks annoyed with the sudden interruption, "Yah! Who are you? It's none of your business!"
 
"You don't even try to respect him," Ai continues, ignoring her question. "What if one day you fall deep for him?"
 
The girl raises her glass and, knowing that she is going to throw the drink to Ai, I quickly rush to Ai and hug her, preventing her from getting hit by the water.
 
I can see the girl's wide eyes but I ignore her, pulling away from Ai to look at her face, "Are you alright?"
 
Ai nods and clears awkwardly, "I-I'm alright."
 
"Stupid," the girl curses and leaves without even bothering to say another word.
 
"Scary," I comment casually and drop my gaze on the guy who looks at me with sad expression. "Yo, Joon Hyung."
 
"Lee Joon," Ai mentions his full name and she puts no expression instead of a smile like what she usually does when meeting a new requester. "L.J.. Are you going to ask my help so you can be with that girl?"
 
Noticing the confusion in Joon's eyes, I decide to make a quick introduction, "Joon Hyung, meet Kim Ai. She goes with Lady Love as well."
 
The confusion changes into shock within a second, "Eh? Ai?"
 
Wait. He actually knows her?