♥ Joon: Past ♥

Lady Love
♥ Joon ♥
 
Waiting is really boring. I walk back and forth, letting my eyes to wander around to find the person I want to see the most.
 
Minhyuk will definitely help me to bring her to meet me, right?
 
Checking my phone for the nth time, I leave my waiting spot and look for Ai by myself. Perhaps they're close from here and I can find her by myself.
 
I really find her, standing so close to Minhyuk. Her hand grips on his shirt while Minhyuk holds her shoulders firmly.
 
"Ai? Minhyuk?" I let out my voice unconsciously. It feels like someone just twists my heart from inside, looking at them together.
 
I know it's nothing special since they're a couple but I thought Minhyuk would do this favor to me, just this once as my cousin, "You never planned to let Ai meet me..."
 
"Joon Hyung," Minhyuk releases her shoulders, facing me with worried look. "It's not like what you think. We're on our way so-"
 
"So it's true," Ai cuts in, heaving a sigh. "You asked Minhyuk to bring me to you. I've told you, Lee Joon, love is not a game. You should understand it before we talk again."
 
"Didn't you tell me before that I shouldn't give up before I try? I'm trying, Ai. I'll try my best," I really couldn't help but to think that I sound really desperate.
 
I don't like how it sounds but those words are what I want Ai to know. I didn't feel like this when I was so into Miyoung.
 
During those days, I wanted to be by her side, thinking about what she would like or not, doing whatever she wanted me to do.
 
My heart was broken into pieces when Miyoung said the hurtful words to me and the only reason I tried to go on for her is Ai.
 
Ai never looked down on me. She encouraged me through different point of view. She told me that no one and nobody should see me as a fool in love. She believed in me when I didn't even believe in myself.
 
Before I could even understand when or why my heart changed, I have fallen in love with Ai.
 
I got it that she doesn't believe me. Days ago I was so nervous because of Miyoung then, all of a sudden, I changed my request to her. It's too fast that she found it's surreal.
 
That's why I asked Minhyuk's help, hoping him to let me meet her so, at least, she'll consider my feeling the way she understood my feeling for Miyoung who rejected me harshly.
 
I shouldn't do it. My cousin is her boyfriend... or so she told me.
 
"There's a difference between optimistic and realistic," Ai shakes her head. "Trying to jump from a skyscraper when you know you'll hit the ground, that's not an optimistic action. It's delusional. Trying to drink a poison when you know you'll die of it, that's also delusional."
 
She turns on her heels, walking away without another word to me and Minhyuk.
 
"But there's always a possibility something holds you back from hitting the ground. Perhaps suddenly someone opened a big baloon that holds you," Minhyuk mutters. "When you drink a poison, perhaps you're body is immuned to it. There's always a possibility, Ai."
 
I glance at Minhyuk who gives me a small smile. Why does he help me? I was prepared for a punch or two from him, considering I hid the fact that her girlfriend is actually my fiancee.
 
Ai's shoulders go up and down for multiple times before she turns around, looking directly at me and blurt out every word she has, "Minhyuk is not my boyfriend. I lied to you. I lied because I wanted you to think that we could break the engagement."
 
"I lied, thinking that you would do your best to win Miyoung's heart, which you're supposed to do if you really love her. I lied to you but I never, ever doubt your feeling for Miyoung, just like what I did for all requesters. I'll help with my all, the equal with what they do for whom they love."
 
"But you dropped your feeling like it's nothing, like it's not even important for you. Don't try to tell me that a heart can change. I know that very well but I also know that chasing after someone when you're heart is broken will end up with another broken heart. You might never love the person truly. You're just running from your pain."
 
"So stop trying and try to love sincerely, Lee Joon," Ai finally stops with a tear rolls down on her cheek. She wipes it away, her lips nervously.
 
"I'm sorry," she mumbles, giving me a slight bow. "I don't mean to hurt you with my words but, everything I just said... Please take it for your consideration. Have a good day."
 
Without even thinking, I run to stop her from leaving, grabbing her wrist, "I'm sorry, Ai!"
 
Ai pulls her hand away but it's not because she's disgusted by me or else. She is... sad. "Don't be. You should be sorry for yourself, Joon."
 
I shake my head, ignoring the hurt I'm feeling because of her honest words, "I'm sorry for not having your faith. I'm sorry for being so late in realizing my feeling. I'm sorry for... I'm sorry, Ai."
 
Her words pierce my heart but, somehow, I know they're true.
 
Maybe I don't know her close enough like Minhyuk does but, even just with days staying close to her, if there's one person who has enough sincerity to scold me...
 
...it's Ai.
 
"Here's the thing...," Ai clears , giving a quick glance to Minhyuk before landing her gaze on me. "Even if I believe you, that your heart changed for good towards me... I..."
 
"I can't return your feeling," she spoils a surprising truth. "Because my heart goes to someone else."
 
Eh? What? Did she just say... "Someone... else?"
 
"Hmm," Ai gives a small nod. "Someone from my past... Who doesn't want to stay back there."
 
Who is she talking about? I don't know that she has a crush with someone. I mean if she does, then why she lied about Minhyuk? Why didn't she just tell me she really has a boyfriend?
 
"Do I... know him?" I choose a stupid question due to my shock. "I mean... Do I... Does he..."
 
"No. I don't think both of you know him," she answers. "I actually hope you don't know him."
 
"You know...," Ai gives me a small smile, the genuine one. "If we didn't meet in such a condition, I think we'll be good friends, Joon."
 
But I don't want to be just good friends.
 
"Ai-" I was going to ask her if she would just let me try for one last time but Minhyuk stops me, placing his hand on my shoulder.
 
"Hyung, give her time," he says. "You two can talk again once you two have calmed down."
 
I look at Ai, waiting for her respond. She indeed gives me one this time, "I'll prepare apple struddle for you the next time you come to my cafe."
 
I smile in relief, feeling so glad that she finally stops giving me the cold and disappointment look. At least she said she would talk to me again, even if it's just as a friend.
 
"Then...," I extend my hand, grinning nervously, "...truce?"
 
Ai accepts my handshake and mutters, "Truce. I'll see you soon, Joon."
 
Minhyuk apologizes to me when he tells me he is going to walk Ai back to her place. I have no right to forbid him anyway so I just wave them goodbye.
 
I walk back to my place, feeling so much better now than yesterday. It's when someone stops me, asking for a direction, "I'm sorry... I am a little bit lost since it's been a while since my last stay here... Can you help me to this place?"
 
It's a guy around my age and, strangely, he looks somewhat familiar. He's shorter than me and his hair is dyed light blonde. He hands over a small paper to me with a cafe name I know really well.
 
Heart Garden.
 
"Oh," I look up from the paper to him. "This place... Are you looking for Lady Love?"
 
"Lady Love?" he frowns and somehow I have a hunch that he is not a requester. "I'm looking for an old friend there."
 
An old friend?
 
My eyes widen in disbelief with a thought crosses my mind.
 
Is he the one Ai talking about?
 
 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Last updated 15 June 2013. It's 4 August 2013 today.
I know. I'm being so bad with updating frequently but, for this story, I know exactly where I'm going so...
 
Please wait patiently just a little bit more? :)
 
Feel free to drop comments or mention me @AFFkyuri91 at Twitter.