♥ Ai: Present ♥

Lady Love
♥ Ai ♥
 
I don't really remember the last time I cried.
 
I didn't cry when I broke up with my first boyfriend during my first year at high school. Perhaps it's because I didn't really fall for him. Our relationship only lasted around five weeks and his reason to break up with me is because I was too ignorant.
 
I didn't cry when a requester almost burnt down my kitchen when she tried to bake something for the first time or when another requester made me fell from stairs when I helped decorating a room for his date and I ended up in a hospital for one whole week.
 
I didn't even cry when I lost on the competition, when Byunghun eventually showed up his real personality of trying to play on me. I was angry and, even until now, I don't like that past but I never cried over it.
 
That's why I keep telling myself that I'm not supposed to cry just because of the same guy who tricked me before, for making me believe that he actually...
 
...loved me?
 
"Kim Ai, what were you thinking?" I heave a sigh and look up at the sky, trying to hold back my tears. "He doesn't worth your tears... You don't..."
 
It's ironic how I can give words of encouragement to the broken hearted girls who are rejected by their crushes, how I can cheer up the guys who are feeling down by the girls, yet I can do nothing to prevent myself from feeling so stupid.
 
Byunghun kissed me out of feeling. He never had feeling for me anyway. It must be his trick to...
 
...what? Why did he even bother to interrupt my peaceful life again? Is it really for no reason?
 
I shake my head and decide to return and watch how Joon is doing. I'm the one who asked him to meet up with Miyoung so I must be responsible to know about what happens for today between them.
 
"Hyuk?" I stop when I just take a few steps. He is running out of breath and, before I can ask him why he is here, he suddenly extends his hands and cups my face.
 
"Aigoo...," he makes a soft laughter, resting his forehead against mine. He closes his eyes while I can feel his breath against my face, "Finally I found you..."
 
"E-E-Eh?!" I can't help but to stammer because of our close distance. I try to push him away with my hands on his chest, "Y-Y-Yah, Lee Minhyuk!"
 
He pulls away and grins widely, ruffling my hair, "I want to eat waffle, Ai. Can I have one with caramel flavor?"
 
I frown at his sudden request, "I need to check on Joon fir-"
 
"He is a grown up man," Minhyuk holds my shoulders, pushing me forward gently to move farther from where Joon and Miyoung are. "Come on. Teach me how to make one so I can make it for you one day."
 
As unpredictable as he is, Joon apparently gives me a bigger surprise than Minhyuk.
 
Minhyuk is in the kitchen when I wait for him at a table, glancing through the window to see nothing particular. I have prepared the waffle and he wants to make creative toppings for me. He said he will surprise me.
 
My mind flies to nowhere but Byunghun. I was mad at him for being so blunt, kissing a girl who he had hurt before. However I can't help but to think if there is actually a reason I don't know about why he lied to me.
 
That's when Joon suddenly called my name, asking why I suddenly left all of a sudden. Apology is the only thing I can say to him and, of course, I ask how his date went on.
 
"Can I change my request?" Joon looks at me with nervous gaze.
 
"Change?" I tilt my head, don't understand what he is talking about. "What do you mean, Joon?"
 
As if there is a big surprise plan for me today, the next surprise comes from Joon, my so-called-fiancee who is supposed to be my requester and be happy with Hwang Miyoung so we can cancel the engagement since he has found his happiness.
 
"Can I make my fiancee accept the engagement?" he proposes the new request. More likely trying out the unnecessary and ridiculous attempt.
 
Without even bothering to ask his reason or think a little bit more, the answer just slips out immediately, "No."
 
"E-E-Eh?" Joon gives me a disbelief look. "W-Why? You don't even ask my reason! I hav-"
 
"You asked me to help your way to Miyoung's heart less than two weeks ago and, now, you're changing your choice as easy as you decide a movie to watch?" I blurt out whatever honestly. "Are you even serious with Miyoung? What made you think your fiancee will accept you, knowing that your heart changes so fast towards a girl?"
 
I'm disappointed. Not because of my position as his fiancee. As the one he seeks help for, I'm disappointed that he doesn't put his heart fully for the request. Is he trying to play around for fun?
 
"Lee Joon, please note that I'm taking requests seriously," I stare at him without a smile. "If you don't want to continue trying for Miyoung, I take it as your request is done."
 
Joon tries to tell me his reason, which for me is quite useless, "I-It's not- Yah, Kim Ai, I-"
 
He stops when both of us notice Minhyuk has stepped out from the kitchen with a plate of waffle on his hand. He blinks and grins awkwardly, "Waffle, anyone?"
 
He has prepared the toppings of vanilla ice cream, completed with strawberry slice and caramel sauce. There are chocolate minichips around, making a heart shape around the waffle.
 
If we're having an ordinary lunchtime, I will praise his decoration over the dessert but, since right now is not a good time, I just tell him a few words before taking stairs to second floor, "I'm sorry, Hyuk. Enjoy it with your Hyung. I need a rest."
 
Joon doesn't give up on convincing me but his words are just foolish, "My fiancee made me realize what love really is! Isn't Lady Love supposed to help people who needs suggestion for love?"
 
Minhyuk just stands with confusion, looking at me and then Joon for multiple times in sequence. I exchange looks with Joon before I answer him as calm as possible.
 
"Here, I give you a suggestion," I clench my fists to surpress my tone from rising. "Love is not a game. Love is not something you can throw away just because you're bored with it. Love is..."
 
I stop for seconds and, for an unknown reason, Byunghun's face crosses my mind, "I'm not the Goddess of Love. I'm not your savior of Love. But I know one thing for sure that true love doesn't happen right away."
 
Joon doesn't know what he is thinking. I have no idea what happened between him and Miyoung at the lunch date but, whatever it is, his brain must be malfunctioning right now.
 
What kind of idea it is for him to want my attention out of the blue? Is there anything to do with our parents or...
 
It's impossible for Byunghun to be involved, right?
 
"Ai," Minhyuk puts the plate on the nearby table and walks to me. He tries to calm me down by patting my head gently, "I don't know what Joon Hyung is trying to say but... Everyone deserves to love, right?"
 
He tells me the words I use to say to my requesters but, at this time, I just think those words don't suit at all. Joon definitely needs time for himself.
 
And so do I.
 
I softly shove Minhyuk's hand away and mumble the farewell to my requester, the words I always give away to them. However I have a forced smile today instead of a genuine one.
 
All I need to have is just a good rest, forgetting about Byunghun, ignoring Joon's change of heart, and Minhyuk's worried look.
 
"Thank you for asking my help. May the present be your blessings and I hope you have a bright future ahead. Have a good day."