♥ Joon: Future ♥

Lady Love
♥ Joon ♥
 
"Chicken and mushroom spaghetti, please," Miyoung takes an order, returning the menu book back to the waiter. "Oh, and for the drink..."
 
"A glass of strawberry juice," I speak out the choice of her drink without even need to wait for her answer. "I will have a glass of mint tea. That's all for now. Thank you."
 
She frowns and smiles with curiosity, "You actually remember my favorite drink. What a surprise."
 
I can only put a small smile upon her reaction. Of course I know. It's not like I just knew her yesterday. I have fallen for her quite a while. A while of she played with my heart though.
 
Secretly, I glance at the Lady Love who sits on the second floor with Minhyuk. She doesn't set her eyes on somewhere else but me. Maybe she is waiting for me to open up a conversation like what she told me two days ago.
 
Ai gave me a brief plan of what I should do when I finally meet Miyoung. She didn't tell me the reason of sudden plan but I agreed with her, knowing that her method always works.
 
All I need to do is just having a normal lunch date. Chatting, exchanging stories, enjoying lunchtime, and sharing time together. Ai doesn't ask me to do anything special but be a gentleman for Miyoung.
 
I went on with lesson number two; I came fifteen minutes earlier than the meeting time. Now I'm working on lesson number four, looking into her eyes when she is talking to me.
 
"I'm quite surprise you asked me out," Miyoung stares at me with a smile. "Especially after what I said to you when that... whoever she is. Ah, just forget it."
 
She takes out her phone and starts to be busy with it. Ai had told me this could happen, meaning Miyoung has no idea how to open up a conversation and I must strike it first.
 
"How is Romeo?" I ask about her beloved pet, a dog that she really loves. It's really cute actually. "I bet it becomes even cuter now."
 
Miyoung's face beams; she always loves to talk about her pet. She starts to tell me about how big Romeo is now and she just taught him how to play new game yesterday.
 
My eyes move slightly, trying to find if Ai and Minhyuk look fine with this situation... but the table is empty.
 
Where are they?
 
"Why don't you come to see him today?" Miyoung clasps her hands. "It's been a while since the last time you came to my house, right?"
 
"Eh?" I blink, not really focusing of what she was talking before. Fortunately I am saved by the waiter who serves our order. My mind is actually somewhere else.
 
What's up with Ai? She asked me to go on a date, she was there and now gone. Ah, right, maybe she is enjoying her own date with Minhyuk. They're a couple after all.
 
How could I forget that and think of Ai as my fiancee for a second? It's not like me to think like that but...
 
"A moment," I take out my phone and give a call for Ai. "Enjoy your lunch, Miyoung. I just... This one important call. A minute."
 
One. Two. Three. She picks up.
 
"Yes?" Ai doesn't sound like usual. "You shouldn't call me when you're on date. What is it?"
 
"Are you alright?" I blurt out the question without even thinking. I lower my voice for the next question, "Where are you? You're not there..."
 
I wait for her answer but Miyoung interrupts it, "Who are you looking for?"
 
"Enjoy your date, Joon. Tell me whatever good result you have later," Ai ends the call. "Have a good date."
 
When the conversation is ended, I feel a pang in my heart. Is it because she doesn't sound as usual or because I'm just disappointed that she isn't here for me?
 
For the next ten minutes, I definitely have failed Ai's lessons and all because Miyoung puts down her fork and glares at me, crossing her arms with not-so-friendly eyes.
 
"What is it?" Miyoung snaps at me impatiently. "I thought you asked me for a date? Earth on you, Lee Joon. Ugh, can't believe I'm thinking about giving you second chance."
 
"Eh?" I blink, confused with her sudden mood change. "S-Sorry, I was-"
 
She stands up with annoyed look, "Don't even mind to think I will let you join my future life. Your mind is not even here when you're the one who asked me to come. Jerk."
 
With those harsh words, she grabs her purse and storms out from the place, leaving the unfinished food... and unpaid bill.
 
"Aish," I facepalm myself, knowing that there is no way Miyoung will agree to go out with me again but, strange enough, I don't feel down at all, unlike the first time when she rejected me.
 
Just in less than two weeks, does my feeling change already? It's impossible but... her harsh words actually strike me quite bad; she is really not as good and angelic as I think.
 
Love made me kind of blind.
 
Ai.
 
Right. She didn't sound really good on phone and Minhyuk is nowhere to be found either here. Is it possible that Ai really left with Minhyuk because they don't want to care about my date?
 
Since thinking too long is not my favorite habit, I pay for the order and leave the cafe, heading to the only place I have in mind: Heart Garden.
 
My instinct is sharp enough. I see Ai alone, sitting with gloomy atmosphere around her. I push the door and call her, "Ai?"
 
She looks at me with wide eyes, "What are you doing here? It's... Not even an hour yet. What happened during the date, Joon?"
 
"What happened until you left all of a sudden?" I throw back a question at her. "I mean... Aren't you supposed to... Well, watch me?"
 
She heaves a sigh and mumbles, "I'm sorry... Something was up and I... I'm sorry, Joon, but I think whether I was there or not, your date should go on. What happened with Miyoung?"
 
As if I can't control my brain, I don't know what's gotten into me when I ask, "Can I change my request?"
 
"Change?" Ai shifts her head slightly, repeating the word. "What do you mean, Joon?"
 
Miyoung's words echo in my mind again, the words about me being foolish of thinking that she would want me, that I was good enough for her, that we belonged together...
 
...and how Ai could be the one who lifted those burdened feelings from me.
 
"Can I make my fiancee accept the engagement?"