♥ Ai: Love ♥

Lady Love
♥ Ai ♥
 
Love.
 
What kind of words can define love? Who can explain how love happens? Can love ever end? What is love really?
 
Everyone has their stories of love. It could be a bitter love story of one-sided love. It could be a cute love story of childhood sweetheart.
 
Mine is just simply confusing. I don't even know if I can call it a love story but, remembering how I admitted to myself that I had fallen for him up to the extent I believed every word he said, I think it's a love story.
 
Lee Byunghun gave me the best memories but he hurt me to the deepest as well. For someone who cared for me so much that I started to believe we're meant to be, he actually left without explanation.
 
"So stop trying and try to love sincerely."
 
I can't believe I actually said those words to Joon. I even let a tear slipped my defense barrier which I held for so long.
 
Why did I cry?
 
Maybe because I realized that those words weren't meant for him. It's for me. It's me who should stop trying so hard to keep holding on a wishful thinking, not him.
 
No matter how many times I tried to let go of my feeling for Byunghun, how hard I scolded myself for remembering him and let the pain hit my heart, I just couldn't lie to myself.
 
This heart is still beating for him... even if it's not as complicated as before.
 
He should be a part of my past and just stayed there. I just don't understand how the barrier I built for one year just broke down when we met again accidentally.
 
What kind of spell had he put on me that this feeling doesn't want to leave me alone? How could I give so many encouraging words to all my requesters when I can't even encourage myself to let go of the past?
 
I'm not qualified to be called as 'Lady Love'.
 
"Thank you," I turn to face Minhyuk who has been so nice to walk me back to my closed cafe. He didn't even bother to talk with me, knowing that I wasn't in the mood to do it. "Sorry, for lying to your senior that you're my boyfriend."
 
Minhyuk chuckles, giving me his boyish grin, "No worry. We're on the same boat."
 
Raising my eyebrow, I ask what he's talking about and he confesses, "Joon Hyung is my cousin. That's why I told you he's a little bit closer to me than just a college friend."
 
"What?" my eyes widen but the urge to demand an explanation from him just poof away. "Yeah, one on one. I'm not going to blame you for hiding that fact. Care to share why though?"
 
He shrugs, "No specific reason. Just wondered how you would help someone who's not really close to both of us. Probably if you knew he's my cousin, you would treat him slightly different? Well, so I thought."
 
"There's no such kind of special treatment from me," I clarify, opening the door as an idea crosses my mind. "Anyway, do you drink?"
 
"Drink? As in soju?" he asks, noticing my gesture to invite him inside. "Why so sudden?"
 
Closing the door after Minhyuk stepped in, I point to his favorite seat, "Just because. Two minutes. Let's have something lightly sweet for tonight."
 
I'm not the type who loves to drink alcohol beverage. I have some bottles for the sake of my life as a patissiere.
 
Despite that, I actually have a quite high alcohol tolerance. I remember when I attended a dinner with my big family, I was the only one who could stand still after drinking so many glasses of soju. Even both of my parents were beyond tipsy that night.
 
However my problem tonight is that I have no idea that Minhyuk has a really low alcohol tolerance.
 
"Hyuk?" I put my bowl, eyeing him carefully since his face is all red now. "Are you drunk?"
 
He just drank a bowl of Makgeolli, the alcoholic beverage made of rice. It's somewhat sweet and, for me, its volume is low that I can even drink a large bowl of it easily.
 
"Hmm?" Minhyuk reacts, grinning from ear to ear. He waves his hand repeatedly, "I'm fine! I'm totally fine! Another bowl!"
 
He fills his own bowl and drinks it without any hesitation. I want to laugh at his hyperactive reaction of drinking Makgeolli but the laughter is surpressed when he starts laughing like he just ate a hallucinogenic mushroom.
 
"Ah...," he sighs, propping his chin on both of his palms. He stares at me, pouting like a little kid. "Ai, tell me, do I look handsome?"
 
He is drunk.
 
"With all seven girls asked my help to win your heart, I think both of us know what the answer is," I try to ignore it. It's not a big deal if someone is drunk when having fun with drink.
 
"Then why can't I have someone I love to love me too?" Minhyuk taps his finger on table. "I deserve to be loved too, right? Can't Lady Love help me?"
 
He is really drunk. Definitely. "Hyuk, you're drunk."
 
"No, I'm not!" he denies, looking dissatisfied with my reaction. "I was asking you, Ai. Why couldn't I have her? Why? Why did she choose my brother than me?"
 
My brother?
 
"I'm thirsty," Minhyuk takes the spoon and fills the bowl again. Before I can stop him, he gulps the alcohol again and mumbles, "I met him before my brother but she said I was just a kid. She returned my feeling because she thought I wasn't serious. She said I didn't understand love yet. She... All her kindness was meant for my brother..."
 
Never once Minhyuk told me about his love life. I never asked either because it's personal stuff and, if he didn't tell me, I believe it's because he didn't want me to know.
 
I know that his brother owns a florist shop and his sister-in-law helps the shop. I met her once before and Minhyuk told me his brother just married her two months before Sunhwa confessed to him.
 
For him not to talk about his family and love life... Is this the reason why?
 
"Enough," I take the big bowl of Makgeolli, feeling worried. "You're really drunk, Minhyuk."
 
He looks annoyed, "What? Even Lady Love doesn't want to listen to me?"
 
"I'd listen to you when you're sober enough," I stand up, thinking to put the Makgeolli back to its place. "You won't even remember what you said to me tomorrow."
 
"I'm sober!" he protests. "I'm really sober that I still can remember the guy who kissed you!"
 
I immediately stop on my track upon his statement. I spin around, "What?"
 
He gives me a victory grin, approaching me who is too shocked to prevent him from stealing the bowl away. He puts it back on the table before replying, "The blonde guy... Is he your ex-boyfriend, Ai?"
 
Unconsciously, I run my hand to lips. Did he see when Byunghun kissed me back there? Did he know who the person I was talking about, the one I used as my reason to reject Joon's feeling?
 
"Women are so weird...," Minhyuk slumps on the chair again, sighing heavily. "You always choose bad boys compared to good ones. Even though my brother is a florist, he's not a good student during high school and all. He even has tattoos but she said he's cool."
 
"You too... are the same, Ai," Minhyuk comments, gazing blankly to his empty bowl. "I bet he broke your heart... So why do you choose him over Joon Hyung?"
 
I clench my fists, reminding myself that Minhyuk is not thinking straight. He's under alcohol's influence and that's all I need to think now, "I'll get some water for you. You're seriously dr-"
 
"Ah! I know!" he slams the table out of the blue. He glances at me and I have a bad feeling about his 'I know' statement. "Should I just be the bad guy then?"
 
I can't even think about what he's talking about because, within seconds, Minhyuk takes my wrist, pulling me closer to him before covering my lips with his.
 
His left hand cups my face, trying to deepen the kiss that I don't even intend to return. I try to struggle but it's useless. Even when he's drunk, he's still a man.
 
"Hyu-" I try to push him but he doesn't even let me breath. He kisses me with burning passion that I start to feel dizzy. I don't know if it's because of him or the alcohol smell.
 
"Ai...," he whispers my name as his kiss softens. "Ai... Ai..."
 
Minhyuk keeps repeating my name until he stops kissing me. He hugs me tight, burying his face in my hair, "Ai... I loved her so much that it hurt me... I loved her so much... She once said she loved me too... But why couldn't I have her?"
 
Although I should be trying to wake him up from drunk, I let him be because his shoulder are shaking slightly. Minhyuk is at the verge of crying.
 
He's being all honest when he's drunk.
 
"They said some people are meant to fall in love with each other...," I place my hand on his shoulder, "...but not meant to be together."
 
I close my eyes, controlling my breath, "Isn't she happy now with your brother? Shouldn't you be happy when she's happy? Your path doesn't cross hers but that doesn't mean an end."
 
He loosens his hug, pulling away slightly. Our eyes meet and I give him a warm smile, "You can't have her, Minhyuk, because you're fated to have someone else who will have you as well."
 
Minhyuk caresses my cheek, "And who is she, Ai? Who is she?"
 
"I don't know," I answer honestly. "One day-"
 
I pause when he leans closer to me with closed eyes. When his lips are only centimetres away from mine, I swear I think my heart will stop beating.
 
Suddenly he just rests his head on my shoulder, mumbling shortly, "I'm sleepy..."
 
"Wait! Yah, Minh-"
 
I hold his shoulders firmly but I end up falling down on my knees because I can't hold both of our weight altogether, "Seriously? I can't... Minhyuk!"
 
I call his name to wake him up but, apparently, his name causes someone else to be panic instead.
 
To be exact, two persons.
 
"Ai?" Joon's voice calls me as he enters my unlocked cafe. "W-What happened? Minhyuk!"
 
I was going to explain to Joon that his cousin is alright and I wanted to ask why he's here but all the words are stuck in my throat when I see the guy who follows Joon behind.
 
"Joe?"
 
 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Last updated 4 August 2013. It's 10 September 2013 today. I'm so sorry for the late update but, trust me, I'm not abandoning this story! Never! kkk~
 
Anyway, twist enough for Minhyuk's love life? No? ;)
 
Feel free to drop comments or mention me @AFFkyuri91 at Twitter. :)