♥ Min: Present ♥

Lady Love
♥ Min ♥
 
I fix my glasses position with my index finger while scanning the whole cafe with a glance. Joon stays on his seat with intertwined fingers.
 
Whenever someone pushes open the door, he will look up and sigh in relief to know that it's not the girl he's going to meet today. Looks like he is really nervous.
 
"She's late," Ai looks at her wristwatch. She takes a sip of her ice caramel frapuccino before puts it back on the table, "I hope she is not trying to fool Joon."
 
"Why so sudden?" I choose to open up a conversation with her while waiting for the next change of situation. It's not the first time I ask her but, when I asked her before, she just smiled at me. "Don't you think it's too fast for Joon to meet Miyoung on a date?"
 
The girl props her chin on palm and answers calmly, "The best motivation comes from the source itself. Joon needs motivation and he doesn't show it much in this past week."
 
"Besides...," Ai moves her gaze to my cousin, "...there is something I need to understand about Joon."
 
I raise my eyebrow with curiosity. I never doubt her skill in helping people with love issue and this is the first time I really know details regarding her 'mission'. Partly because the requester is my own cousin and another reason is because I'm curious.
 
I wouldn't bother to go with her today if she didn't daze off two days ago. I know it's not a big issue but, for Ai being blank when serving someone, it's just strange.
 
Looks like something is bothering her and I wonder what it is.
 
"There she is," Ai mutters. "We can't hear them but we'll live with reading their expression."
 
We're on the second floor where we can watch over Joon's table in this cafe near from Miyoung's workplace. Hopefully Miyoung will not look above and catch us.
 
A waiter comes to their table and they start to choose something for their drinks. Meanwhile Ai taps her fingers on table, waiting for the time to pass in silence.
 
"If I am the one who becomes your requester, will you also make a plan like this?" I choose to ask. "You know, to go on a date and evaluate me."
 
She doesn't move her gaze from Joon and Miyoung while answering me, "You're not the type to ask someone else's help in love life. You better try it yourself instead of bothering with my suggestion."
 
I chuckle at her opinion about me, "It's a what-if question, Ai. I believe you're exactly the same with me."
 
She doesn't give me any answer. Her eyes stick on Miyoung who just returns the menu book to the waiter.
 
"He should start the conversation now," Ai mumbles to no one. "I hope Joon get rids of his nervousness."
 
"Ai?"
 
A voice makes us turn our heads to look at a guy with light blonde hair. He smiles at Ai, "What a coincidence we have here."
 
Ai doesn't give a smile like what he does. Instead she looks like she doesn't want to meet him at all, "Why are you here?"
 
"Well, having a lunch, if you don't mind," the guy glances at me. "Oh, did I just disturb your date, Ai?"
 
Ai drops her jaw but closes it again. She looks at Joon before returning her gaze on the guy, "Let's just talk somewhere else."
 
She assures me that she will return in five minutes before walking somewhere else with the guy. I am supposed to wait but my hunch says otherwise.
 
I leave my seat and follow their steps until I find them at the corridor leading to the emergency door. Ai is resting her back against the wall while the guy just stands leisurely in front of her.
 
"Is he your boyfriend?" he asks Ai, with 'he' referring to me, I believe. "He looks like a good guy."
 
"Let's just pretend nothing happened in our past, will you?" Ai sighs. "I'm doing good since you left and... Just ignore me the next time you see me, Joe. I mean... Byunghun."
 
The man named Byunghun laughs it off as if she is telling him a joke, "Nothing? 'Nothing' as if we never had moments together or as if we never met?"
 
Moments together? They dated before?
 
"Latter one," Ai retorts. "Byunghun, I don't know why you're here and I don't want to know why you disappeared back then but-"
 
"You really don't want to know the reason I left without attending the graduation ceremony?" Byunghun interrupts her calmly. "Or you just don't want to know why I didn't be honest with you until you lost on the competition?"
 
Wow, the conversation they have is quite confusing for me. One thing for sure, they did share past moments together and they don't sound really good.
 
Ai doesn't look happy with his conclusion. She rolls her eyes and takes steps away from him, "Past is past. I don't care about-"
 
The next scene happens before my eyes make them widen in shock.
 
Byunghun grabs her wrist, turning her around before crashing his lips on hers. His left hand cups her cheek to deepen the kiss for two or three seconds before parting the kiss.
 
"That's why I return here," Byunghun says to Ai. "You're right. Past is past but what I want to know that right now, in this present time, I'm here for you."
 
I hide myself well, trying to clear my mind. Seconds later Ai walks pass me, not noticing my presence at all. In a split of second, I can see tears form within her eyes.
 
Strangely Byunghun doesn't follow her behind so I stay still, waiting for him to leave first but his voice almost makes me jump.
 
"Eavesdropping is not a good action," he talks out loud while standing not far from me. "I don't think she is going back to your table."
 
I step out and look at him, frowning, "I don't know who you are for Ai but I think you just hurt her and that's... so not a gentleman act."
 
"Tell me what a gentleman is then," Byunghun shrugs his shoulders. "To make her hate me for what I didn't do or to make her cry because of the truth."
 
Not knowing what he is talking about, a quote, that Ai usually mentioned when some requesters ask her opinion about, crosses my mind.
 
"Hurt with the truth but never comfort with a lie," I tell him. "You should know that Ai believes in that."
 
Afterwards, although I feel guilty for leaving Joon at the moment, I decide to look for Ai...
 
...wherever she is right now.